What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

Some decent B1G/ACC/B12 games on Labor Day weekend...Week 1. Some big OOC too:

• Oregon v UGA (Atlanta)
  • Cincy @ Arkansas
  • Utah @ Florida
  • ND @ Ohio State
  • FSU v LSU (NOLA)

Current coach seems like quite the nutball too.
He's got a past, that's for sure. Many MD fans are hoping he's grown out of it. I know this, he recruits better (according to.....whoever ranks those things) than any they've had since Bobby Ross (& the whole world has changed since then). They're not even close to having the amount of prime athletes that the other schools in their division do. Best they can hope for right now is to maybe beat one of OSU, PSU, UM, & MSU every few years and play in the Military Bowl against Navy.

He's got a past, that's for sure. Many MD fans are hoping he's grown out of it. I know this, he recruits better (according to.....whoever ranks those things) than any they've had since Bobby Ross (& the whole world has changed since then). They're not even close to having the amount of prime athletes that the other schools in their division do. Best they can hope for right now is to maybe beat one of OSU, PSU, UM, & MSU every few years and play in the Military Bowl against Navy.
Actually, I kinda wonder why MD and Navy don’t play each other as close as they are. Terrapin football talent is closer to Navy’s than ND (albeit without history).

I have heard zero about this, but I'll pass it along to chew the fat over.  According to YouTuber Gold and Blue Dude, WVU is in talks with the ACC about joining.  I can't vouch for the truth of the story, but they would get away from the SS Big XII which could sink into irrelevancy.  Plus, it feels like a better fit geographically.  They would get Pitt, Syracuse and Boston College back on the schedule from the eastern independent/Big East days.

I have heard zero about this, but I'll pass it along to chew the fat over.  According to YouTuber Gold and Blue Dude, WVU is in talks with the ACC about joining.  I can't vouch for the truth of the story, but they would get away from the SS Big XII which could sink into irrelevancy.  Plus, it feels like a better fit geographically.  They would get Pitt, Syracuse and Boston College back on the schedule from the eastern independent/Big East days.
I'd like to see this as well. WVU in the Big12 just never made much sense to me.

Tom Servo said:
the ACC has no reason to do this. WVU doesn’t change their tv contracts even a little bit, and then they have to cut them into the payouts resulting in a smaller cut for each school. 

I just scored good tix for TAMU @ Bama on Oct 8th...and i can't recall the last time i've been this excited about attending a regular season game.  

Thanks Jimbo and Saban!  If both teams perform leading up, it'll be insane. Actually it'll be regardless of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capella said:
the ACC has no reason to do this. WVU doesn’t change their tv contracts even a little bit, and then they have to cut them into the payouts resulting in a smaller cut for each school. 
Like I said, I've heard zero about this and like you, the Neckeneers bring nothing to the table that Maryland used to and not as well.

ACC to drop divisions after this season and go to 3-5-5 model.

ACC Permanent Rivalries

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse

Clemson: Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State

Duke: North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest

Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse

Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest

Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia

Miami: Boston College, Florida State, Louisville

North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia

NC State: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina

Pitt: Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech

Syracuse: Boston College, Florida State, Pitt

Virginia: Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest

Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power.

college sports are so stupid now. 

Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power.

WTF?  Has Lincoln Riley been consulted about this move?

This is just dumb. So Big 10 and SEC are going to be the only conferences eventually?

I will continue to say this is all very very bad for college sports. College football was great because of the rivalries and traditions. Games like Bedlam etc. Now they are playing games on Tuesday and Rutgers/USC are conference rivals and those historic games are going away. Without that it’s just minor league football without the traditions played a few days before the pros. 

I will continue to say this is all very very bad for college sports. College football was great because of the rivalries and traditions. Games like Bedlam etc. Now they are playing games on Tuesday and Rutgers/USC are conference rivals and those historic games are going away. Without that it’s just minor league football without the traditions played a few days before the pros. 
Should I get off your lawn?  :P

I hope Jimbo has another press conference to clear this up.  He's already made it clear that he doesn't pay recruits to go to Pay&M, he's just got a hard working staff.  

Lifelong UCLA fan here and I say…oh hell no. 

Wasn’t there room in the SEC? 

Lol it doesn’t have to be for me anymore, it was a good run, but I’ve seen nothing but uniform hate for this on Twitter so far. 
I'm listening to the Indians Guardians game and they brought it up.  Tom Hamilton talked about an Indiana tennis player flying to LA for a match, and then dead panned, "I'm sure money has nothing to do with it."

The end of the P-12/10 if the LA schools leave. The media rights deal will already be behind the others with the LA schools, and without them the schools that care about football/hoops (Oregon, UW, maybe Utah?) can't remain competitive financially.  Time to start looking for a landing place for those schools.

The end of the P-12/10 if the LA schools leave. The media rights deal will already be behind the others with the LA schools, and without them the schools that care about football/hoops (Oregon, UW, maybe Utah?) can't remain competitive financially.  Time to start looking for a landing place for those schools.
ACC rival Oregon 

The rumors I'm hearing are that, after this USC/UCLA deal goes through, the B1G goes after Oregon and Washington, and then two from the B12, likely Iowa State and Missouri.

Maybe the CF NFC and CF AFC keep adding teams resulting in "regions". Sets up for an easy playoff format. Regional champs playoff and national championship is CF NFC champ vs CF AFC champ. Disband the seeding committee.

Maybe the CF NFC and CF AFC keep adding teams resulting in "regions". Sets up for an easy playoff format. Regional champs playoff and national championship is CF NFC champ vs CF AFC champ. Disband the seeding committee.
Right. Get to the playoff format via these two conferences.

I think this is generally fine for football and basketball. 

But the other sports? Holy moly. How is USC field hockey going to travel to Rutgers? That won't be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread