What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

To go back to the Alabama vs. TCU discussion. The reason I still think Bama has a good chance to get in is the argument for OSU over USC is close enough to Bama over TCU that the committee can just say they are dropping USC and TCU and moving the next two up. I’m maybe at 55/45 - TCU/Alabama.

And that’s my guess as to what will happen, not what I would.
Sorry this just doesn’t make any sense at all.

I think you all are just working yourselves up because everybody dislikes Bama. TCU will be #3 tomorrow, playing in the Fiesta Bowl against Michigan.

To go back to the Alabama vs. TCU discussion. The reason I still think Bama has a good chance to get in is the argument for OSU over USC is close enough to Bama over TCU that the committee can just say they are dropping USC and TCU and moving the next two up. I’m maybe at 55/45 - TCU/Alabama.

I think you all are just working yourselves up because everybody dislikes Bama. TCU will be #3 tomorrow, playing in the Fiesta Bowl against Michigan.

I don’t dislike Bama - no clue what you are talking about. I hope they are in.

What does this mean? What do these things have to do with each other?

“OSU over USC is close enough to Bama over TCU that the committee can just say they are dropping USC and TCU”

It is going to be Alabama. TCU's big wins are against 6-6 OU and 7-5 OSU.
I mean you guys can say whatever you want I guess but TCU literally has a win over #10 and #20 sooooo…?

Big 12 is bad. Someone has to win the games and get ranked. Seeing TCU get smoked by Georgia does nothing for anyone.

The committee did the rankings. If they didn’t like the Big 12 they would simply let you know that.

“OSU over USC is close enough to Bama over TCU that the committee can just say they are dropping USC and TCU”

Most seem to think OSU will jump USC. I’m saying it’s similar. I also said I thought TCU would get in. You are painting these things as absolutes - I guarantee you there’s some dope in that room that will vote Bama top 4.

I mean you guys can say whatever you want I guess but TCU literally has a win over #10 and #20 sooooo…?

Big 12 is bad. Someone has to win the games and get ranked. Seeing TCU get smoked by Georgia does nothing for anyone.

The committee did the rankings. If they didn’t like the Big 12 they would simply let you know that.

Not sure what this means. Since expanding to four teams they haven't picked a big 12 team in a coin flip yet.

Not sure what this means. Since expanding to four teams they haven't picked a big 12 team in a coin flip yet.
This isn’t a coin flip.

Most seem to think OSU will jump USC. I’m saying it’s similar. I also said I thought TCU would get in. You are painting these things as absolutes - I guarantee you there’s some dope in that room that will vote Bama top 4.
USC had one loss already, didn’t have the resume that TCU does and got pulverized in their conference title game. TCU lost in overtime to #10 for their first loss of the season. It’s really just not the same.

USC had one loss already, didn’t have the resume that TCU does and got pulverized in their conference title game. TCU lost in overtime to #10 for their first loss of the season. It’s really just not the same.

TCU’s resume is not as good as Bama’s. That #10 team lost to Tulane - Kansas State is not great. The committee has always said they want to get the best matchups. Bama is the better matchup. I think they’ll pick TCU and reward them - and I think they (TCU) can actually play with Michigan so they won’t get blown out. But Georgia would kill them and I think Bama would beat them by double digits.

I don't really get why Michigan went for 2 while up by 15 there. Why not force Purdue to score twice and convert 2 two-point conversions?

Did Harbaugh just want to roll out that weird formation?

TCU’s resume is not as good as Bama’s. That #10 team lost to Tulane - Kansas State is not great. The committee has always said they want to get the best matchups. Bama is the better matchup. I think they’ll pick TCU and reward them - and I think they (TCU) can actually play with Michigan so they won’t get blown out. But Georgia would kill them and I think Bama would beat them by double digits.
Who did bama beat?

TCU’s resume is not as good as Bama’s. That #10 team lost to Tulane - Kansas State is not great.
Based off what the committee has done with the rankings, yes TCU’s resume is as good as Bama’s. It’s better.

You say K-State is not great, and that’s fine, but the committee has them at 10 and likely 8 or 9 tomorrow so they clearly think highly of them. Considering they are the ones making these decisions that’s pretty much all that matters. There is absolutely nothing they have indicated that would lead somebody to think Bama is going to vault them after an overtime loss to a top-10 team.

I don't really get why Michigan went for 2 while up by 15 there. Why not force Purdue to score twice and convert 2 two-point conversions?

Did Harbaugh just want to roll out that weird formation?
3 possession game...was already 2 possesions.

Who did bama beat?
#20 Texas……who TCU beat by 6 more points.

Who did bama beat?

I guess if we want to say TCU beat #10 then I’ll say Bama beat Texas so that’s a wash and they also beat #11, #20 and #24.

I don't know what resume TCU has. The had a joke of a non conference schedule. They beat 2 decent teams.

And they played 2 other teams in the top 10 and lost on the last play of both games - the idea that TCU has a resume as good as Bama’s is ridiculous.

Who did bama beat?

I guess if we want to say TCU beat #10 then I’ll say Bama beat Texas so that’s a wash and they also beat #11, #20 and #24.
Tcu also beat Texas, worse than Bama did, and I don’t know who you’re talking about at #11. They didn’t play Utah.

If you’re talking about lsu I regret to inform you that Bama lost that game.

Who did bama beat?

Tcu also beat Texas, worse than Bama did, and I don’t know who you’re talking about at #11. They didn’t play Utah.

I was using the rankings - maybe what I saw was not current rankings but at the time they played - that was where they played and lost the top 10 came from.

I’m not even sure why you are arguing with me - I said I think they’ll take TCU but I think it’s close and Bama has a better resume and is a better team.

Who did bama beat?
The mighty Austin Peay!

Who did bama beat?

I was using the rankings - maybe what I saw was not current rankings but at the time they played - that was where they played and lost the top 10 came from.

I’m not even sure why you are arguing with me - I said I think they’ll take TCU but I think it’s close and Bama has a better resume and is a better team.
If we want to look at rankings at the time played, then TCU has 5 victories over ranked teams

Who did bama beat?

I’m probably arguing with you bc I had too much to drink today lol. That World Cup game started a long time ago.

I think Bama has the better team too but TCU is very safely in. We’ll see tomorrow.

I mean, if Bama doesn’t kind of blow that Tennessee game and had one loss I’m not sure anybody would even argue the point. I don’t think that Tennessee loss and OT loss to LSU in OT on a 2-pt conversion looks bad. They definitely don’t have a great win though.

I mean, if Bama doesn’t kind of blow that Tennessee game and had one loss I’m not sure anybody would even argue the point. I don’t think that Tennessee loss and OT loss to LSU in OT on a 2-pt conversion looks bad. They definitely don’t have a great win though.
No they don’t look bad but nor does TCU’s loss today either.

The worst thing on the Bama resume this year is barely beating Jimbo at home. That was the giant blinking warning sign.

No they don’t look bad but nor does TCU’s loss today either.

The worst thing on the Bama resume this year is barely beating Jimbo at home. That was the giant blinking warning sign.
To be fair, all of the teams have had these moments at some point during the season.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

Ohio State lost to the #2, undefeated team. TCU lost to a three-loss #10 team.

5. USC
6. Alabama

Michigan jumping to 1 isn't impossible. I'd be curious to hear the committee's reason for placing TCU above OSU.

Last edited:
If Bama doesn't lose to Tennessee, it's still a 2 loss team. They would be the SEC-W champs and lose to Georgia in the SECCG instead of LSU. Back where we started.

I’m sure the committee is going to say, TCU gave Kansas State all they could handle! They should be in. Can’t lose to Kansas State your last game and get in. It’s never worked like that, they’re not going to start now.
The best argument for Alabama is their losses were close, away games against good teams and they look better. TCU has the first part and better wins. If the game hadn’t been close, TCU would have fallen out.

I’m sure the committee is going to say, TCU gave Kansas State all they could handle! They should be in. Can’t lose to Kansas State your last game and get in. It’s never worked like that, they’re not going to start now.
Lol ok make sure you check back Tuesday night.
I hope you’re right. I’m sick of Bama, and they don’t deserve to be in. They’re not very good this year. However, if they played TCU at a neutral site, they would be more than a TD favorite.
You’re right, but frankly k state would probably beat them this year. The tide have no big wins t
Go CATS!

But yeah, the frogs are still in the CFP.
Not a chance.
They are not moving a team out of the playoff who lost to #10, in overtime, after they beat them earlier this year. It simply is not happening. Only question is if they stay at 3 or 4.
Go CATS!

But yeah, the frogs are still in the CFP.
Not a chance.
They are not moving a team out of the playoff who lost to #10, in overtime, after they beat them earlier this year. It simply is not happening. Only question is if they stay at 3 or 4.
I disagree. Think I got called crazy for saying Ohio State was in no matter what last week. Now they’re pretty much a lock. I’m not saying I agree with the decision they make, but I don’t think there’s a chance TCU makes it. When has a team only dropped one spot after losing a game in the history of this garbage system? The later you lose in the season, the worse off you are.
the “No matter what” part would have been the funny part. It took a USC loss.
When has a 2 loss team made the playoffs?

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

Ohio State lost to the #2, undefeated team. TCU lost to a three-loss #10 team.

5. USC
6. Alabama

Michigan jumping to 1 isn't impossible. I'd be curious to hear the committee's reason for placing TCU above OSU.
OT loss by 3 in a neutral site championship game vs. a double digit curb stomping at home? Gee, doesn’t sound all that close to me.

If Bama doesn't lose to Tennessee, it's still a 2 loss team. They would be the SEC-W champs and lose to Georgia in the SECCG instead of LSU. Back where we started.
Probably, sure. Then they wouldn’t be getting in.

It feels genuinely weird to be a fan of a team I don’t think belongs in the CFP while others think they do.

Forget 8 or 12 teams. If ever there was a year for the old BCS system this is it.
They should’ve never went to this system imo. It does give more teams access but cfb was the unique sport where we typically knew who the two best teams were. Yes there was occasionally a third team getting screwed but it was its own unique thing. The playoff games have largely been just awful.

Forget 8 or 12 teams. If ever there was a year for the old BCS system this is it.

Let Georgia play Michigan and be done with it. No one else deserves a shot.
Pipe dream, obviously, but what if the committee had the right to decide how many teams deserved to play for the championship and then structured the playoff accordingly? So this year there’s just a title game between UGA/UM. If there are five teams, 5 plays 4 in a play-in and then there are the semifinals. If there are eight teams, it’s a three-round tournament

Users who are viewing this thread