What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (3 Viewers)

ESPN+ is worth the freeness for this!

I watched the whole Netflix series - really enjoyed it but I hated the LIV stuff was in the middle of it all. BUT I do at least respect Koepka, DJ, Poulter more for their honesty about it

Hate to say I bet against Tiger finished in the Top 30...would love to see him make the cut though.

Lol some neighbor running a circular saw in the background of the tournament

I heard that too, hilarious. And there was this continuous thump of the ground sound in that area, but it sounded like it was coming from the course.

Another highlight for me was someone in a golf cart kept honking at will. They talked about it on the broadcast. Somebody must've finally gone up to that official and said hey buddy, you gotta lay off the horn, official/member/volunteer or not.

looks good to start hope his leg holds up over the 4 days
If his game falters, expect a more pronounced limp to follow. Is there a prop on that?

Although obviously not a fan, it was a great watch today, loved it, but listening to those grown men gush over him for 3 hours like he was their superhero got old, fast. I actually don't mind it, but when it's just totally non-stop butt-kissing, that's not great "broadcasting".

I'll take Morikawa to win it.

Lol some neighbor running a circular saw in the background of the tournament

I heard that too, hilarious. And there was this continuous thump of the ground sound in that area, but it sounded like it was coming from the course.

Another highlight for me was someone in a golf cart kept honking at will. They talked about it on the broadcast. Somebody must've finally gone up to that official and said hey buddy, you gotta lay off the horn, official/member/volunteer or not.
Sounded like roofer imo

If his game falters, expect a more pronounced limp to follow. Is there a prop on that?

Although obviously not a fan, it was a great watch today, loved it, but listening to those grown men gush over him for 3 hours like he was their superhero got old, fast. I actually don't mind it, but when it's just totally non-stop butt-kissing, that's not great "broadcasting".

terrible take and terrible bet, but hey at least you can pretend to know golf

Full Swing (Netflix). Anyone watching? Half way through EP 1. :popcorn:
4 episodes in and really liking it.

Major takeaway so far:
-While the $$$ obviously played a big part, but guys who left for LIV were all questioning if they were washed and could continue to win on the PGA tour
-Joel Dahmen is awesome. Downs a bunch of White Claws between rounds to come back and qualify for the US Open :ROFLMAO:

Major takeaway so far:
-While the $$$ obviously played a big part, but guys who left for LIV were all questioning if they were washed and could continue to win on the PGA tour
-Joel Dahmen is awesome. Downs a bunch of White Claws between rounds to come back and qualify for the US Open :ROFLMAO:
harry higgs, joel dahmer and max homa need their own reality show

180+ MPH ball speeds, and consistently 177-178 MPH...on half a leg...I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything like this (which isn't the first time i've said that about Tiger).

Tiger just doesn't seem physically capable of playing 72 competitive holes. Also some mental mistakes today. With just the right conditions, he may be able to win one more event to get to 83, but it isn't going to be in a field of this quality or at a course like this.

Morikawa somehow hung in there. So far, your take on my take, lol, is not so great. But still a long way to go. What, do you get to talk **** and take the field here?

You get one golfer. And half-way through the tourney only helps you. So give it to us, golf expert? Who's your ONE pick? Let me guess, John Rahm, OMG!

Morikawa somehow hung in there. So far, your take on my take, lol, is not so great. But still a long way to go. What, do you get to talk **** and take the field here?

You get one golfer. And half-way through the tourney only helps you. So give it to us, golf expert? Who's your ONE pick? Let me guess, John Rahm, OMG!
morikawa had a six stroke lead to begin the day in maui and then had it grow to 8 before choking and losing last month. keep acting like you follow golf

harry manback was the better poster

morikawa had a six stroke lead to begin the day in maui and then had it grow to 8 before choking and losing last month. keep acting like you follow golf

Um, what does that have to do with this tourney and your claim of golf expertise? Are you the Brandel Chamblee of FBG, who really knows golf?

We're not in Maui anymore. So you bring up some other tournament, in golf -- of all sports -- as evidence of what, exactly? BTW, Maui is not Riviera, HTH. And we all know these guys go on hot and cold all the time, it's golf, which BCoF (Brandel Chamblee of FBG) should know. Did Morikawa finish T2 here last year or no? The course must not suit him so tell us, who fits?

So you think an LA kid does not have a chance on a course he's played way more than others? Is that your contention? If not, what is it? Or, pick a golfer already and let's see your expertise on display (even though it's a day later and you've now got a lot more eliminated).
Just name your pick, it's not that difficult, or is it? You now have an extra day to decide, after talking **** about how much you know about golf. So if you can, try not to pick Rahm or Homa. Is that okay? Since you're the self-proclaimed expert, some balls should be in play here.

Let's hear it! Or do you want to wait until Sunday to enlighten us? Go on, name ONE name before they tee off tomorrow.

Take a stand or babble on.

Last edited:
Tiger just doesn't seem physically capable of playing 72 competitive holes. Also some mental mistakes today. With just the right conditions, he may be able to win one more event to get to 83, but it isn't going to be in a field of this quality or at a course like this.
I completely agreed with this, except for that crazy ball speed. The GOAT ball striker does things no one else can.

So far so good for Tiger…keeping an eye on distance…he will improve his short-game.

Yeah most of his struggles this week have been the short game, not the approach shots that you would expect his injury to effect more. He was outdriving Rory/JT and he didn't look any worse for wear hitting the ball far and on target today after 50 holes than he did early in the week, which is completely different than when he tried to play last year where he fell off massively after the first 9 holes or so.

It was his chips and putts that let him down yesterday and without that, he could have actually been within distant striking range.

Certainly seems like playing more would allow him to shake the rust off his short game and compete. The power obviously isn't a problem and he can hit enough good iron shots.

But its pretty clear he can't walk 4 straight days (plus practice rounds) on a consistent enough basis to fine tune his game like that. Even if he makes it through today, plays well again and finishes in the top 10 (which would be an incredible accomplishment) He's probably gonna need a month to recover.

If he applied for a cart, the tour would give it to him. And I think that would make him a top 10 player. But we know he won't do that

Certainly seems like playing more would allow him to shake the rust off his short game and compete. The power obviously isn't a problem and he can hit enough good iron shots.

But its pretty clear he can't walk 4 straight days (plus practice rounds) on a consistent enough basis to fine tune his game like that. Even if he makes it through today, plays well again and finishes in the top 10 (which would be an incredible accomplishment) He's probably gonna need a month to recover.

If he applied for a cart, the tour would give it to him. And I think that would make him a top 10 player. But we know he won't do that
It will be interesting to see if it's something that gets better over time and he can regain some strength in his legs, or if he's just going to have to live with it the rest of his career. The last few holes yesterday you could tell his swings were almost all upper body. He mentioned that type of swing being tough on his back in an interview this week.

Major takeaway so far:

Brooks is obviously no braniac, but he needs to run - RUN - away from that chick as fast as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread