What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

Max Homa went from $680k to $3.6m or thereabouts

Sung Jae Im up $4m from start of the tourney.

I feel as bad as I can for a guy that's made $19m this year (Schef)

Man Scottie played poorly. Bunkers killed him. Bladed everything greenside. And some of his putts weren't close. Guess he's not indestructible

No golfer has ever faced that level of money pressure…and it showed. Just reinforces how big this is. Rory is about to rip off a few majors.

Solid play by Rory in those final holes ...sinking that long putt; making tough recovery shots (with a little luck from the pin).

Solid play by Rory in those final holes ...sinking that long putt; making tough recovery shots (with a little luck from the pin).
That was significant luck. Saved him at least one stroke if not possibly two if it goes off the green.

That said, Rory earned it. Huge putt on 15.

I feel for Im a bit. He had to have assumed he needed an eagle on 18 so he went for it then had to settle for par when birdie gets the playoff. Don't blame him though as stroke average for 18 was 4.25 when Scheffler and Rory teed off. Very unlikely that neither made birdie.

Wonder if the gallery behind the green stopped his ball on 17. Then where his ball would have ended up on 18 without out the grandstand and free drop.

This is the week I don’t watch….
they only had the last 3 holes broadcasted today, a complete joke of coverage. the tourney was about 45 minutes from me but admission saturday was $75 and $20 more for parking. drinks were in the $16 range :lmao: no thanks pga
They moved up the times because of weather I think, could be wrong. Peacock I think was covering it. But they replayed it after. You only needed the last couple holes....lol

Without the full A squad, the Foreign teams don't stand a chance in these tournaments (either this one or the Ryder cup)

They need to let the LIV guys play or we're gonna absolutely roll them going forward.

Without the full A squad, the Foreign teams don't stand a chance in these tournaments (either this one or the Ryder cup)

They need to let the LIV guys play or we're gonna absolutely roll them going forward.
We just set the record for points at the Ryder Cup…with the LIV guys there. Now we lose DJ, but add in Cam? This group of Americans is going on a dominant run.

We just set the record for points at the Ryder Cup…with the LIV guys there. Now we lose DJ, but add in Cam? This group of Americans is going on a dominant run.

To be fair, we lost Brooks and Bryson too. Both obviously have their issues but if they're playing well, they're still top 10 guys.

But yeah, it seems like we're going on a run regardless. But the foreign teams dont have the depth to lose any of their top guys and keep it close. They miss their LIV guys more than we miss ours.

Here's what I don't get about LIV. Assuming they don't get world ranking points, and they shouldn't, what's their pipeline for future talent? Sure they got a bunch of current players, but who will they get that hasn't started yet? Why would any fresh hotshot play LIV starting out where they get no tv exposure and no world ranking points? Is their strategy to continue to poach past their prime players and get the occasional Cam Smith? Doesn't seem sustainable to me.

Here's what I don't get about LIV. Assuming they don't get world ranking points, and they shouldn't, what's their pipeline for future talent? Sure they got a bunch of current players, but who will they get that hasn't started yet? Why would any fresh hotshot play LIV starting out where they get no tv exposure and no world ranking points? Is their strategy to continue to poach past their prime players and get the occasional Cam Smith? Doesn't seem sustainable to me.
Liv is on TV outside the US, i hope they stay on youtube with no tv commercials to ruin the coverage. The PGA needs something to push it to be a better product for us fans. the amount of money to be made is enough to lure players, especially the non Americans.

fun fact: Tom is his nickname, from Thomas the Tank Engine. his given name is Joo-hyung. his dad played on the Buy.com tour.

heck of year for him.

Way too many commercials but it was more entertaining than expected. So disappointed in my fellow 🇨🇦 . If even one of them showed up over the 4 days things would have been a little tighter. I really enjoyed the emotion shown by guys who you wouldn't typically expect it from - Finau, the South Korean's, etc.

In terms of Koch it's about freaking time. The worst announcer in all of sports imo. Literally tipped every single upcoming canned shot with his setup. Drove me nuts. NBC's golf coverage has needed a freshening for many years now.

Rory on a tear heading in to ‘23, back to top of the OWGR. Where he belongs it seems, but he desperately needs a Major this year. Rahm also dialed back in.

Patrick Reed gets a drop after claiming that his ball landed in a tree, even though the ball was never retrieved to confirm it.

Patrick Reed gets a drop after claiming that his ball landed in a tree, even though the ball was never retrieved to confirm it.
I know it's easy to be skeptical given it's Reed, but apparently it was confirmed by a course official through binoculars.

Full Swing (Netflix). Anyone watching? Half way through EP 1. :popcorn:

Watched the first 3 episodes. Its good, but its annoying how they didn't go in chronological order.

First episode is focused on JT and Spieth at the PGA and then they start going backwards (and eventually come BACK to the PGA in the 3rd episode featuring Poulter)

It obviously will never happen (especially now that he's got the LIV $$$$) but Koepka's wife has "I'd leave you for another golfer if you ever went broke" written all over her. Reminds me of Ricky Bobby's wife.

Users who are viewing this thread