What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

Wish the Block interview had been played without the music drowning everything out. I’ve had a couple times when everything just seemed to go right. Was awesome to see him living in the moment, so aware of how amazing the week was and his pure emotion.

Brooks is living the dream. Hot wife. A fortune from LIV. Still on top the golf world. Glad he's back. I enjoyed his previous stretch of major domination even if he's kind of a richard. Sometimes I make an exception.

Brooks is living the dream. Hot wife. A fortune from LIV. Still on top the golf world. Glad he's back. I enjoyed his previous stretch of major domination even if he's kind of a richard. Sometimes I make an exception.
If he didn't go through his injuries and mental "issues", I wonder if he would have stayed

If he didn't go through his injuries and mental "issues", I wonder if he would have stayed
Why stay when you can get paid a truckload and still win majors which is all he cares about?

Why stay when you can get paid a truckload and still win majors which is all he cares about?
He got paid more for winning some tournament in orlando this april than he did for winning a major. :lol:

He got paid more for winning some tournament in orlando this april than he did for winning a major. :lol:

Brooks had an estimated net worth of $50M entering this season

Won $3.15M today

What do you suppose is the net worth of 46 year old club pro living in California raising a family of four?

Block won $288,333 (3-way tie splits 15th-17th)

Plus they’ll be plenty of opportunities to capitalize on this, if he wants

Great to see Koepka win his 5th, puts him in the all-time pantheon

To me the club pro ace & tying for 15th was the highlight of the week - that’s the kind of stuff that epitomizes why we love sports

I doubt it. Dude doesn't seem to care at all about either tour, and doesn't like playing often. LIV, and getting paid a ton more to play a ton less, seems like exactly what he wanted. He was practically begging them to take him. I remember an interview after DJ/Bryson went over where they asked him about Liv and he basically said he was out the door but hadn't gotten an offer yet (pretty sure he signed w/ LIV like 2 days after that).

I wonder how much more he could've gotten from LIV if he'd waited until now, like Cam did after he won The Open.

I doubt it. Dude doesn't seem to care at all about either tour, and doesn't like playing often. LIV, and getting paid a ton more to play a ton less, seems like exactly what he wanted. He was practically begging them to take him. I remember an interview after DJ/Bryson went over where they asked him about Liv and he basically said he was out the door but hadn't gotten an offer yet (pretty sure he signed w/ LIV like 2 days after that).

I wonder how much more he could've gotten from LIV if he'd waited until now, like Cam did after he won The Open.
He didn't know if he'd ever play again two years ago. He took the money, yes, but I have to believe it had a lot to do with that. If you watch that Netflix show, it's pretty clear he cares.

Crushed she didn't make the trip.
She is the worst thing in professional golf.
I didn’t know she played :shrug: Eamon and Brandel are the worst things in amateur/professional/video game golf.

I didn’t know she played :shrug: Eamon and Brandel are the worst things in amateur/professional/video game golf.
Professional golf-adjacent

you’ll have to clue me in on her, I know she’s a model and married to brooks but I’m not sure i’ve seen **** on her to make her the worst?
edit to add other than her on that netflix show but that wasn’t terrible

Koepka and DeChambeau paired today. :lol:

BCD dapped Brooks on his post round walk, and Brooks seemed happy to see him. I think they've buried the hatchet, probably because they are a bit more mature and "commiserating" over Saudi dollars.
Yeah, they are on same team now. I mean they were always on Team Dbag before so not much has changed but that may not have bonded them approrpriately

Koepka and DeChambeau paired today. :lol:

BCD dapped Brooks on his post round walk, and Brooks seemed happy to see him. I think they've buried the hatchet, probably because they are a bit more mature and "commiserating" over Saudi dollars.
Yeah, they are on same team now. I mean they were always on Team Dbag before so not much has changed but that may not have bonded them approrpriately
:rolleyes: ok grandpa

He didn't know if he'd ever play again two years ago. He took the money, yes, but I have to believe it had a lot to do with that. If you watch that Netflix show, it's pretty clear he cares.
Golf Channel discussion this morning was re a rumor Koepka wants back in to the Tour. Who knows...but he's definitely over the confidence issue he showed on Netflix!

you’ll have to clue me in on her, I know she’s a model and married to brooks but I’m not sure i’ve seen **** on her to make her the worst?
edit to add other than her on that netflix show but that wasn’t terrible

I thought the netflix show was all you had to see. She went social media head-hunting for a pro athlete and he fell for it. She's vapid, narcissistic, and a screechy air-head. He should have run away, and will eventually. Which is sad now that they are having kids.

Couple notes on Michael Block
  • Southern California PGA Player of the year 9 times in the last 10 years (2013-22)
  • biggest win was the 2014 PGA Professional Championship (club pro championship) - came back from 3 strokes back, won in playoff
  • runner up at last year's PGA Professional Championship
  • 2022 PGA Professional Player of the Year
  • won 2004 California State Open
  • won the Southern California PGA Championship 3 times (2017, 2018, 2022)
  • shot a 59 to set his home course on his birthday in 2019
  • shot a 58 at another SoCal course last year at a member-guest tourney
  • has played in a PGA event 11 straight seasons, making 4 cuts in 25 attempts, including 7 majors - 2 US Open, 5 PGA
  • played in the PGA Cup in 2022 (club pro equivalent of the Ryder Cup); came from 4 down to win his singles match as the USA won overseas - first time since 2009
  • Block has imprinted on his TaylorMade golf balls the words, “WHY NOT?”
Hope he gets a bucket full of sponsors exemptions and wins himself a millions dollars this summer. Great guy. At 46 he's not likely to ascend very far but would be great if he could somehow earn his way onto the big Tour.

His boss (GM of his public course) was at Oak Hill and they're fully supportive; obviously it would be crazy to hold him back, but nice to see he has support systems around him. The guys that own his course were the ones who encouraged him to get his Class A and start playing tournaments in 2012 (first 8 years there he was the club pro there but just focused on teaching and running golf ops.)

He and his wife are flying to Dallas-Fort Worth today. Definitely living the dream.

Last edited:
At 46 he's not likely to ascend very far but would be great if he could somehow earn his way onto the big Tour.

Love the guy, but it's not like he's Happy Gilmore being pulled off the street and suddenly noticing that he has sculptable talent. He's more a player than a teacher, only teaching a couple of lessons per week and has been playing in events, including majors, for a long time.

He happened to put together a once in a lifetime weekend that still required a one in a billion slam dunk hole in one to tie for 15th. I think by far the most likely outcome is that he shoots 10 over and missed the cut at the Charles Schwab challenge, and in 6 months we don't really hear about him anymore other than water cooler trivia. But I do hope I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread