What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2nd pick thread. (couldnt find one) (1 Viewer)

ebsteelers

Footballguy
couldnt seem to find one,

It could be the toughest picks in the first round since you have the keys to car.

Doug Martin

Charles

Shady

Spiller

Megatron

Graham

This is assuming A.P. goes one.

I put it in the order I think I would go..

My concerns with Shady and Spiller are A) Health b) byes

If your in the FGC week 12 is the playoffs do you really wanna lose your number 1 pick to a bye week in the first round of the playoffs?

I dont think I would take Megatron as it could put your behind the 8ball with running backs, pretty much no chance I personally would take Graham

Who ya got if your picking number 2?

(all i could find was the 2012 pick 2 thread) please merge if there is one for 2013 already

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your line of thinking is similar to mine. Too early for me to go anything but RB. FGC setup probably dictates Shady and Spiller out. I probably play it safe with Martin in that format.

I think your line of thinking is similar to mine. Too early for me to go anything but RB. FGC setup probably dictates Shady and Spiller out. I probably play it safe with Martin in that format.
I think so as well.. Im interested in the 2 and 3 picks along with the 4 and 5 slots and whose gonna fall to those areas.

I could see a start of rb rb rb if you get lucky and sproles/bush/ridley/mjd fall to you in some time of order

I really like Charles in the #2 spot - but I think Martin is the safer pick. Whate really suck sis due to the injury concerns guys like Foster and Charles will slip - wind up putting up monster seaosns and we will be kicking ourselves for overthinking the pick.

I really like Charles in the #2 spot - but I think Martin is the safer pick. Whate really suck sis due to the injury concerns guys like Foster and Charles will slip - wind up putting up monster seaosns and we will be kicking ourselves for overthinking the pick.
agreed think thats what makes the pick so tough to decide on..

if you were in the 3 hole the decision is basically made for you.

like you said normally the situation is take charles and the foot will be a problem all season, you dont draft him and he runs for like 1500 and catches 70+ balls

I'm in a league where QB's always go ridiculously early. I know from league-mate conversations that AP, Brees are 1-2. I am picking 3 and having a hell of a time deciding between Charles, Martin or maybe even T-Rich or Spiller there. For the first time in my memory, picking early (top 3) appears to give little advantage this year. Feel like you might as well be 9 or 10, grab Lynch or McCoy and enjoy the earlier second round pick. Hating spot 3 this year, so little obvious clarity between the early backs after AP.

Edit to say - I have a potential pick trade in the works with the guy at 12, essentially we swap our first 2 picks, he gets 3 and 22, I get 12 and 13. Reason being he covets Spiller and will take him at 3 if we trade. I could maybe snag something as juicy as McCoy/T-Rich given the nature of my league (Brees/Rodgers/Calvin/Graham and possible Peyton all gone by 11). Thinking about it very seriously since i'll still have the early 3rd round pick to snag a good WR.

I have the 2nd pick in my 10man, non-ppr, redraft league on Yahoo. We start 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex.

I'm most concerned with picks 4 and 5. Based on the mocks I've done I can get 2 RBs I'm happy with and a top WR (Usually Demaryius, sometimes Julio), but when it comes to picks 4 and 5 I'm not overly thrilled with any of the players available at that point. The immediate WRs available are usually Amendola, Colston, Welker, Nicks, Garcon. They should be fine, but they all seem to have question marks surrounding them for one reason or another.

Users who are viewing this thread