What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL AFC CHAMPIONSHIP : KC Chiefs vs NE Patriots *** (1 Viewer)

Rain and wind slow down a deep passing game, not cold weather itself.  

It goes without saying, but turnovers are the key for KC.  They cannot turn it over.  As great as Mahomes is, he gets a little reckless at times, and in the 1st half of the NE game a few months back, he missed a bunch of easy throws and had that terrible pick at the end of the half (and they still only lost by 3 at NE).  Seemed like nerves more than anything, and once he calmed down, he was lights out in the 2nd half.  If he plays like that for 4 quarters, I think they win, but when the other coach is Belichick, you just never know. 
I respectively disagree on the severe cold not affecting deep passing; when it gets down 10-0 degrees the ball simply will not travel as fast or as far and when it is that cold the ability to grip the ball properly is affected. Yeah Mahomes made a couple mistakes but so did NEs def on the big Hill and Hunt plays (blown plays) so I think that goes both ways (at least that is the talk around here:) ). I think Mahomes scrambling could really be huge in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

It goes without saying, but turnovers are the key for KC.  They cannot turn it over.  As great as Mahomes is, he gets a little reckless at times, and in the 1st half of the NE game a few months back, he missed a bunch of easy throws and had that terrible pick at the end of the half (and they still only lost by 3 at NE).  Seemed like nerves more than anything, and once he calmed down, he was lights out in the 2nd half.  If he plays like that for 4 quarters, I think they win, but when the other coach is Belichick, you just never know. 
Have you played a lot of cold weather football?  The balls get softer. I swear i saw something about this a couple years ago. They don't travel as far.  Kickers routinely try to heat up the ball to get it to go farther.  Plus running sprints in the cold and getting hit afterward is different.  

Fortune favors the cold.

I don’t think that’s true. Severe cold bogs down everything. The ball itself feels heavier. Remember that Minnesota/Seattle playoff game only a few years ago? Wasn’t that like 9-6? Granted these offenses are better but I’d still expect less than normal scoring for the game.

I respectively disagree on the severe cold not affecting deep passing; when it gets down 10-0 degrees the ball simply will not travel as fast or as far and when it is that cold the ability to grip the ball properly is affected. Yeah Mahomes made a couple mistakes but so did NEs def on the big Hill and Hunt plays (blown plays) so I think that goes both ways (at least that is the talk around here:) ). I think Mahomes scrambling could really be huge in this game.
Agreed. The thing I like about Mahomes is that, unlike a lot of young QB's who can run, his first instinct is to throw and then running is kind of a last resort thing, but I think this week he will look to run more. 

I don’t think that’s true. Severe cold bogs down everything. The ball itself feels heavier. Remember that Minnesota/Seattle playoff game only a few years ago? Wasn’t that like 9-6? Granted these offenses are better but I’d still expect less than normal scoring for the game.
I am thinking both teams will score in the 20's, with it being 27-24 or something like that.  I think the cold will certainly keep the game lower scoring than it would have been in normal weather, but I just don't think we can discount the deep passing game altogether.  KC will still take their shots downfield with T.Hill. 

K.C. defense is better at home,they just shut down a very good Colts offense. They won't shut down The Pats but they won't get shredded like The Chargers did. L.A. got punked but still put up 28 points on the road. Chiefs D will make a few big plays and Mahomes and company will drop at least 30. K.C. by 2 scores.

I don't think the weather will be that much of a factor for either team, snowing or not (single digit temps and precip may beg to differ).  Both teams will want to run the ball and Michel will get tons of touches.  The team that can't run it effectively is at a disadvantage, of course.  But KC seemed to pass/catch the ball fine last week against the Colts in cold/snowy weather.  

I bet NE wishes they had L. Blount back there as well.  And as bad the situation was with Kareem Hunt, I'd think that the Chiefs would like to have his bruising running ability for this game, especially in this weather.  

Just fir ha-ha's, I looked up how BB / TB have fared against teams that have scored 500 points in a season before. That will have no bearing on the outcome of this game, but it might shed some light in terms of if his teams have held those opponents to fewer points. They have gone 6-3 in such games.  However, they went 0-2 on the road, 4-1 at home, and 2-0 oat neutral sites. (RS = Regular Season).

Team, Outcome(Home / Away / Neutral), Score,  Situation, Average Points Scored in All Other Games, Scoring Difference

2018 KCC W (H) 43 40 RS 34.8 5.2
2016 ATL W (N) 34 28 SB 34.4 -6.4
2013 DEN L (A) 16 26 AFCCG 35.7 -9.7
2013 DEN W (H) 34 31 RS 35.7 -4.7
2009 NOS L (A) 17 38 RS 32.2 5.8
2004 IND W (H) 20 3 DIV 34.2 -31.2
2004 IND W (H) 27 24 RS 34.2 -10.2
2001 STL W (N) 20 17 SB 32.5 -15.5
2001 STL L (H) 17 24 RS 32.5 -8.5

On average, NE allowed 8.4 fewer points per game than those teams scored in their other games. Not really apples to apples, as their best efforts game in the early days when they had a killer defense. No one will confuse the 2018 Patriots defense with the 2004 Patriots defense.

I don't think the weather will be that much of a factor for either team, snowing or not (single digit temps and precip may beg to differ).  Both teams will want to run the ball and Michel will get tons of touches.  The team that can't run it effectively is at a disadvantage, of course.  But KC seemed to pass/catch the ball fine last week against the Colts in cold/snowy weather.  

I bet NE wishes they had L. Blount back there as well.  And as bad the situation was with Kareem Hunt, I'd think that the Chiefs would like to have his bruising running ability for this game, especially in this weather.  
I bet NE wished they didn't send Gronk out on defense instead of Devin McCourty and allowed the Miami Miracle to happen. Had they made a stop on that one play they would be playing in NE this week.

Should be a good match up. The positive thing for the Chiefs is they can rush the passer from the edges AND the middle. Chris Jones is playing like a monster right now in a contract year. 

And I believe (just my opinion) that Reid got involved with this defense a few weeks ago. They started playing some younger talent in the secondary. Bob Sutton historically has rather played a veteran that knew where to line up vs a young guy.

The problem with that is the older guy didn't have the speed and quickness to keep up once the play started. With the younger players out there, the Chiefs have shown a much better coverage ability the last few weeks.

And that game plan from the Colts game was solid, which tells me Reid may have had something to do with it (just my opinion). Not saying Reid devised the whole game plan, but I think he had some conversations with Sutton along the lines of: "quit this pansy BS and play some defense with the young guys."

This game should be great to watch no matter what side you are on, and the frigid temps will definitely play a part. You have a younger faster team in the Chiefs vs the well-experienced and assignment sound Patriots. 

If the game is played in single digits, it should play into the Patriots favor. The Chiefs thrive on big plays from dynamic playmakers like Mahomes, Hill and Kelce. But if the freezing temperatures dictate a ground-heavy game flow, the Patriots would seem to have the advantage. The passing game won’t be as explosive and routes aren’t as crisp and top speed (Hill) slower. Turns into an old school running game.

I have no idea if this makes a difference or not, but while the air temperature may be really cold....the KC stadium has the ability to keep the turf at 32 and/or above....so the field itself won't be rock hard, etc....

Pats were 3n5 on the road this season including losses to detroit jax miami tennessee and Pittsburgh who all missed the playoffs
And they went undefeated against playoff teams. Which trumps the other? As BB would say, none of that matters now. Speaking of BB, this is his 17th trip to a conference championship as a HC / DC / assistant coach.

NE: 96, 01, 03, 04, 06, 07, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
NYG: 86, 90
NYJ: 98

And they went undefeated against playoff teams. Which trumps the other? As BB would say, none of that matters now. Speaking of BB, this is his 17th trip to a conference championship as a HC / DC / assistant coach.

NE: 96, 01, 03, 04, 06, 07, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
NYG: 86, 90
NYJ: 98
How long ago was the last patriot road win in the playoffs?

How long ago was the last patriot road win in the playoffs?
We could do this all day. They hardly ever play not at home. Up until last week we could have said the same thing . . . how long ago was the Chiefs last home win in the playoffs? Would that have any effect on the current team?

The last three times NE lost on the road, they were all against a Peyton Manning team. Are people ready to put Mahomes in the same class as Peyton already? It took Peyton some time to be effective against the Patriots. There is no doubt Mahomes is very talented, but BB may be able to come up with something to slow the Chiefs down some. And I still think frigid temps help the Pats more than the Chiefs.

I would go so far to say that the experience on NE's side cancels out the home field advantage on KC's side.

We could....thats why they play the games....wouldnt surprise me one bit if pats won...but them on the road in the playoffs recently has not led to winz....you get home field when your divisional opponents are god awful

I bet NE wished they didn't send Gronk out on defense instead of Devin McCourty and allowed the Miami Miracle to happen. Had they made a stop on that one play they would be playing in NE this week.
Not necessarily.  If the Pats had been the 1 seed and KC the 2, last weekend's games then become Indy at NE and LA at KC, and we have no idea of knowing who wins those games. It is easy to assume NE and KC, but you just never know. 

devouredbychaos said:
If the game is played in single digits, it should play into the Patriots favor. The Chiefs thrive on big plays from dynamic playmakers like Mahomes, Hill and Kelce. But if the freezing temperatures dictate a ground-heavy game flow, the Patriots would seem to have the advantage. The passing game won’t be as explosive and routes aren’t as crisp and top speed (Hill) slower. Turns into an old school running game.
Agree. Definitely think this favors the pats. KC kills you with explosive plays.

Biggest matchup in my mind is NE rushing attack vs. KC D. They want to run and stay away from that pass rush...and keep the KC offense (cold) and off the field.

Nobody really talking about coaching. If I'm remembering correctly, A. Reid last faced NE in the playoffs in 2015. Late in the game, A. Reid just refused to speed up the offense trailing NE. Was amazing. Basically handed the game to NE. He isn't exactly Mr. Clock Management when it counts.

I think this is finally the end of the dynasty and the patriots get beat pretty bad. Then Brady and Gronkowski hopefully retire but I could see one last shot next year.
Brady isn't retiring when he is so close to passing Peyton Manning in several key all-time stats.  Winning is what matters most to Tom, but he cares about stats and records as much as anybody. 

As for Gronk, while he is still a force blocking at the line, injuries have taken away any speed he had which is why he is barely catching any balls lately.  I think he is done no matter how the seasons ends for the Pats. 

Reid is a guy I'd like to see get a ring. So much has been made of his playoff track record (deservedly so) and I'd like to see him get past it once. 

I also think the Chiefs are the better team, and they're playing at home.

So why can't I predict a victory for them? Coaching. The difference between BB and Reid is monstrous, especially in the post-season. I'd be happy to see KC dominate, but I think it will be close. And in a close game, not sure I can predict the Patriots losing.

devouredbychaos said:
but...knowing this, wouldn't the Chiefs just jam 8 in the box to stop the run, then?  yes they would. 

This comes down to a few advantages that NE cannot overcome:

1. haven't won a road championship game since 2006.

2. Arrowhead will be rockin' the likes of which even KC faithful have not seen.

3. KC significantly better at home.

4. all things being equal, Chiefs have FAR MORE play makers on offense than the Pats can deal with. Hill as a wr, RB, Kelce as a RB or TE, Watkins, their running game with D-dubya ( d. williams).

5. Cold weather won't mean a thing to either team. both will throw darts all over the field, all game long. Aaron Rodgers made a living out of doing that.so did Fran Tarkenton, etc.

Brady hates pressure up the middle and where'd all the pressure against the Colts come from? up the middle. they're going to crush that NE o-line. 

Pats will do what everyone else has done to them in the past - long drawn out drives to keep the ball out of Mahomes' hands.  They've shown they can pound the ball on the ground when needed; Michel, White, and Burkhead are all healthy.  Mix in a few Devlin runs and I think they look to play the possession game.  I think the last thing the Pats want is to get into a track meet with KC.

Anarchy99 said:
And they went undefeated against playoff teams. 
The Chiefs were 2 & 4 against playoff teams.  Their two wins were against the Chargers and the Ravens.  They also lost to the Chargers at home late in the season.  The Chargers beat the Ravens and well... we know what the Pats did to the Chargers.  

Fun facts

Patriots have missed the playoffs once under tom brady, back in 2002. They have lost their first game twice - once in the wildcard round and once in the division. 

They started undefeated in 2001, 2003, 2004 and won their first playoff game in 2005 and 2006 before losing the next week. They famously went 2-1 in 2007, brady was hurt in 2008, and they lost their first games in 2009 and 2010. That's an incredibly impressive 14-5 record from 2001 to 2010, going to the afc championship game 5 times and the superbowl 4, winning 3 of them. 

From 2011 until now?  They're 14-5 again, have gone to the afc championship game 8 straight times, have gone to 4 superbowls and won 2, and will be playing for the chance to go to another. 

Brady now has 14 playoff wins in each decade. That's insane.  But to see how amazing it really is, let's put it in context with how piers.

First let's look at Roethlisberger, the most successful of his contemporaries in the postseason. 

The Steelers under Roethlisberger - another certain Hall of Famer - have been to 5 afc championships, won 3 and are 2-1 in the superbowl.  Brady has been to more afc championship games, more superbowls and won more superbowls in each decade. He's 13-8 in the playoffs.  Brady is 14-5 in each decade.  

Peyton Manning finished with a postseason record of 14-13. Manning won 2 superbowls and went to 4. Brady went to 4 superbowls in each decade and won at least 2 in each decade. Which is impressive in its own right.  But brady currently has 10 playoff losses.  Meaning that he's almost certainly going to retire with twice as many wins and fewer losses than manning. 

Now let's look at the next best guys

The saints under drew brees - a first ballot Hall of Famer and likely the all time leader for passing yards and touchdowns - are going to the nfccg for the third time in the hopes of going to their second superbowl.  He's now 8-6 in the playoffs. 

The giants under eli manning have beaten the Patriots in the superbowl twice.  Those are the only two superbowls they've been to, the only nfccgs, and the only playoff wins. The other 4 times eli went to the playoffs they went 1 and done. They're 8-4 in the playoffs. 

The packers under Rodgers have been to 4 nfc championship games and won 1, going on to win the superbowl.  He's 10-7 in the post season.

Think about that for a minute.  Not only is brady better in either decade than any contemporary, which is incredible in and of itself, but

Brees, eli and Rodgers are a combined 26-17 in the playoffs.  

Roethlisberger and peyton are a combined 27-21. 

Brady is 28-10. 

He's got more playoff wins than the next two guys combined, or the next 3 after that, and his 28-10 postseason record compares very favorably to their combined 53-38. 

And he's now 3,923 yards and 22 touchdowns away from passing peyton manning for most career yards and touchdowns.  
Fred....get off your knees man....you deserve a break and Tom's wife is getting jealous of you.

Pats will do what everyone else has done to them in the past - long drawn out drives to keep the ball out of Mahomes' hands.  They've shown they can pound the ball on the ground when needed; Michel, White, and Burkhead are all healthy.  Mix in a few Devlin runs and I think they look to play the possession game.  I think the last thing the Pats want is to get into a track meet with KC.
The set up and the hype of the young gun vs the old guard may very well backfire into a ground and pound defensive game. I would love to see a black and blue hard hitting classic winter AFC title game......but that won't happen...because if you as much sneeze or fart on Tommy Boy the yellow laundry will fly. I want some one to put his **** in the dirt. ####### hit that pretty boy ####er into retirement so the other 29 teams can rejoice and this incredible dynasty can come to an end already. The only people still loving this are Patriots fans.....they are quite frankly the most unlikable team ever in the history of the league and their fans make it even worse (Sorry BostonFred).

Dark times for fans of all other teams not in Boston. Just dark times.

Please bring this torture to an end.....please!!!!

Chiefs 35

Patriots 27

The Chiefs were 2 & 4 against playoff teams.  Their two wins were against the Chargers and the Ravens.  They also lost to the Chargers at home late in the season.  The Chargers beat the Ravens and well... we know what the Pats did to the Chargers.  
You could do this all day...

Pats only scored 10 points in a loss  @ Pittsburgh, we all know what the Chiefs O did to the Steelers D @ Pittsburgh.

Pats lost by 11 to the Jags, we all know what the Chiefs did to the Jags.

Chiefs lost their 4 games by a combined 14 points, 3 losses being on the road.

Pats lost their 5 games by 52 points, all being on the road.

Stats are stats and while it is fun to debate, I dont know any of them make a difference other than BB playoff record vs Andy Reid playoff record. Unfortunately for my Chiefs, I think BB puts the Pats over the top again. 

Either way, I cant wait for Sunday night.

because if you as much sneeze or fart on Tommy Boy the yellow laundry will fly.
Brady and Mahomes were each the beneficiary of 3 roughing calls this season.  Over the last 5 years Brady has been the beneficiary of 16 roughing calls.  Over the same 5 years Chiefs' QBs have been the beneficiary of 17 roughing calls. 

Brady and Mahomes were each the beneficiary of 3 roughing calls this season.  Over the last 5 years Brady has been the beneficiary of 16 roughing calls.  Over the same 5 years Chiefs' QBs have been the beneficiary of 17 roughing calls. 
Stop ruining my fun with this factual nonsense.

Damn Patriots fans...I am telling you.....

The set up and the hype of the young gun vs the old guard may very well backfire into a ground and pound defensive game. I would love to see a black and blue hard hitting classic winter AFC title game......but that won't happen...because if you as much sneeze or fart on Tommy Boy the yellow laundry will fly. I want some one to put his **** in the dirt. ####### hit that pretty boy ####er into retirement so the other 29 teams can rejoice and this incredible dynasty can come to an end already. The only people still loving this are Patriots fans.....they are quite frankly the most unlikable team ever in the history of the league and their fans make it even worse (Sorry BostonFred).

Chiefs 35

Patriots 27
Must be a Dolphins fan.

but...knowing this, wouldn't the Chiefs just jam 8 in the box to stop the run, then?  yes they would. 

This comes down to a few advantages that NE cannot overcome:

1. haven't won a road championship game since 2006.

2. Arrowhead will be rockin' the likes of which even KC faithful have not seen.

3. KC significantly better at home.

4. all things being equal, Chiefs have FAR MORE play makers on offense than the Pats can deal with. Hill as a wr, RB, Kelce as a RB or TE, Watkins, their running game with D-dubya ( d. williams).

5. Cold weather won't mean a thing to either team. both will throw darts all over the field, all game long. Aaron Rodgers made a living out of doing that.so did Fran Tarkenton, etc.

Brady hates pressure up the middle and where'd all the pressure against the Colts come from? up the middle. they're going to crush that NE o-line. 

Jam 8 in the box and try to stop the run with Brady at QB? Lol. He will dice up that weak Chiefs secondary over and over again if they attempt that. 

1. They've literally played in 2 other AFC Championship on the road since 2006. 2015 against one of the best defenses of the last 10 years and they played terrible and only lost by 2pts, and it came down to the last play. Hell they shouldve won that game and Brady was on his ### all day. They were ravaged with injuries that 2013 season against Peyton's "historic" Broncos offense. No Mayo, Wilfork, Gronk, Vollmer, Spikes, Talib (for most of the AFC Championship). Austin Collie and Matthew Mulligan were starting on offense. Edelman was there, and Dola was too but it was his first season with the Patriots and he wasn't much of a factor then. 5 of their defensive starters were lost due to injury. Jamie Collins was strictly a special teamer all season until the playoffs. This season they are probably the healthiest team left. 

2. Arrowhead will be nuts, but if the Patriots get off to a fast start early, it'll suck the energy right out of that place, especially with it being so damn cold.

3. KC has been better at home, but they played 6 cupcake teams, with the only good teams being the Ravens and Chargers. And both scored 20+ points.

4. KC has great weapons, no doubt. But the Patriots secondary is their greatest strength and the best left in the playoffs and they've only gotten better as the season has gone on. Hill is really the only one who's a major concern. They limited Kelce early in the season, Watkins will most likely be covered by Gilmore, and D.Williams is a career 3.4ypc undrafted RB who's played well in their scheme but certainly isn't an explosive playmaker like Hunt. 

5. If it's below 10 degrees, it will definitely be a factor. I'm not sure why people think it won't be.

6. The Patriots o-line has been one of their best in recent memory, they've done an amazing job protecting Brady and after watching them make Bosa and Ingram completely invisible, I'll take my chances that the KC pass rush doesn't get to Brady often.

Reid is a guy I'd like to see get a ring. So much has been made of his playoff track record (deservedly so) and I'd like to see him get past it once. 

I also think the Chiefs are the better team, and they're playing at home.

So why can't I predict a victory for them? Coaching. The difference between BB and Reid is monstrous, especially in the post-season. I'd be happy to see KC dominate, but I think it will be close. And in a close game, not sure I can predict the Patriots losing.
Well BB always had Brady in the postseason. Reid not so much. But now he has Mahommes. This is going to be fun to watch. 

Chiefs 35

Patriots 27
I love Tom Brady, not a Pats fan. And it's true. Once he retires, Pats will probably not sniff another Superbowl for a very, very long time unless they somehow luck into another HOF QB in the 6th round. 

History from last year or last 10 years doesn't matter at all. These teams are not those teams.

If NE plays offense like they did vs LA ... hand offs, dump offs, quick passes over the middle .. that neutralizes any pass rush that KC has.

Key will be James White catching passes. If KC can't stop that, will be a long day for them.

NE defense is hit or miss. No idea what to expect from this group. They'll try the muddle / stand up defense to try an confuse PM ...

but smoke and mirrors wont be enough and they just don't have the talent to shut down a powerhouse like KC.

Should be a close game ... unless Mahomes soils his boxers. 

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
We could....thats why they play the games....wouldnt surprise me one bit if pats won...but them on the road in the playoffs recently has not led to winz....you get home field when your divisional opponents are god awful
When removing Denver road games (altitude adjustment is a unique mitigating factor), the Patriots are 3-1 on the road in the playoffs under Belichick.  

Turns out, plenty of winz to be had when they can breathe properly. 

Rooting for Andy Reid and the Chiefs. Big Red has been nothing but classy his entire career, and heis a great Offensive mind. I really like Maholmes, too, seems like a solid kid.

I can't ever root for the Pats. Some of it might be haterade, as a Philly fan, but the team reminds me of every cheesey 80s spoiled rich kid bully from the movies. Every time I see Brady whining for a flag, or wearing a fur coat and Uggs, I just think "What a fake-#### dewshcanoe." I respect the dynasty, and I have grown to actually enjoy watching Belichik take questions from the media and play headgames with them. It's undeniable they have been the poster boys for success throughout the BnB years, but I still want to see them fail. The more tragically, the better.
SWEEP THE LEG!

Everything appears to align for KC.  On paper they should win this game by 30 pts

but....

andy reid

bill belichek

When removing Denver road games (altitude adjustment is a unique mitigating factor), the Patriots are 3-1 on the road in the playoffs under Belichick.  

Turns out, plenty of winz to be had when they can breathe properly. 
Or if we remove games at Pittsburgh (Steelers home games in the AFCCG under Cowher almost never went well), the Patriots are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs with Brady and Belichick.  It goes both ways. 

Not sure why we are discussing some of this stuff and how much impact any of it will have on the game. Andy Reid went 1-4 in NFCCG's with PHI . . . does that play into this game at all?Sure, NE's record on the road in AFCCG games on the road isn't that great. How many wins does KC have playing in AFCCG's at home?

This is KC’s first conference/league championship game at home in their history.
I know. That was my point. Does that matter? Should that matter? Prior to last week, the Chiefs hadn't won a home playoff game in 25 years. Does any of all those home playoff losses have anything at all to do with the 2018 Chiefs team? Does NE losing on the 3 times on the road to Peyton Manning led teams over the past 13 years have anything to do with the 2018 Patriots team? Even for their recently road loses to the Broncos, most of the roster has turned over and not many players remain from those teams.

Or if we remove games at Pittsburgh (Steelers home games in the AFCCG under Cowher almost never went well), the Patriots are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs with Brady and Belichick.  It goes both ways. 
You realize there is a very real physiological reason behind the unique altitude characteristics of mile high stadium, right? 

Youre a pretty bright guy and we all know you hate the Patriots... but this counter is weak. You’re better than this. 

Bottom line is that “pats suck on the road in the playoffs” mantra is at best old news, and at worst flat out untrue when you account for the mile high effect. 

But if you wanna keep banging that drum.. by all means. :thumbup:

I know. That was my point. Does that matter? Should that matter? Prior to last week, the Chiefs hadn't won a home playoff game in 25 years. Does any of all those home playoff losses have anything at all to do with the 2018 Chiefs team? Does NE losing on the 3 times on the road to Peyton Manning led teams over the past 13 years have anything to do with the 2018 Patriots team? Even for their recently road loses to the Broncos, most of the roster has turned over and not many players remain from those teams.
No, of course it doesn't matter in terms of analyzing this next game. Hunt being out matters, maybe other pieces have changed. - I think the history is kind of interesting, but we've gone through this with the Seahawks, the Saints, the Cards, and other past downtrodden teams, which at one time actually included the Pats themselves. - I do think Reid's coaching history might be relevant and especially so in light of Belichick's. 

Users who are viewing this thread