What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Alliance of American Football League Thread*** FIRST GAME TONIGHT 8pm CBS (2 Viewers)

Pace of play and lack of commercials is fantastic

Perez looks pretty good at QB

Cynthia Frelund on the halftime show đź’•

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn’t bad football, especially in a period that feels like the doldrums. John Wolford, Luis Perez and Logan Woodside feel like they could be in an NFL camp next year and I’m wondering if some of the pass rushers/DB’s aren’t in a camp as well. 

Team scores, will they get it right back with a fumbled KO, will we see a great return, hell....an onside kick?  Nope, just place the ball on the 25, yawn~~~~~~~~ That not knowing adds to the game.  Hell they should just back the KO 10 yards and give the fans some excitement.  Now ask the fans which they'd prefer.

Anyway......

I don't know what I was really expecting but this...was with the NFL, make it back to the NFL,  the NFL this, NFL that totally ruined it.

Why would anyone in the NFL....oh look the guy can play vs guys we all dumped...?

I gave it into the second Q,  won't be back.  Might watch the title game, if I remember about it.

The NFL needs the AFL a league trying to compete vs the NFL not act as a farm system.

Hell. allow holding on KO/punt returns, do all they can to make things as exciting to the fans as possible.

A guy like Vince McMahan could make it work,  twekkiing things to give fans a more exciting brand of football. His rasslers get hurt all the time and we have never ever seen any rassler ever sue a wrestling promotion.

I played in three HS alumni games, had to sign a form releasing the school from any obligations if I'm injured out there.

The best part of it all was one of their games got a higher tv rating than the lame a@@ NBA game that was on. Hysterical and shows how horrible the NBA really is. 

Team scores, will they get it right back with a fumbled KO, will we see a great return, hell....an onside kick?  Nope, just place the ball on the 25, yawn~~~~~~~~ That not knowing adds to the game.  Hell they should just back the KO 10 yards and give the fans some excitement.  Now ask the fans which they'd prefer.

Anyway......

I don't know what I was really expecting but this...was with the NFL, make it back to the NFL,  the NFL this, NFL that totally ruined it.

Why would anyone in the NFL....oh look the guy can play vs guys we all dumped...?

I gave it into the second Q,  won't be back.  Might watch the title game, if I remember about it.

The NFL needs the AFL a league trying to compete vs the NFL not act as a farm system.

Hell. allow holding on KO/punt returns, do all they can to make things as exciting to the fans as possible.

A guy like Vince McMahan could make it work,  twekkiing things to give fans a more exciting brand of football. His rasslers get hurt all the time and we have never ever seen any rassler ever sue a wrestling promotion.

I played in three HS alumni games, had to sign a form releasing the school from any obligations if I'm injured out there.
Are you on meth?

Anyway......

Yep the most exciting play in football... that ends in a non play or no statistical advantage for either team 98% of the time. The sooner we get rid of the kickoff the sooner football can evolve.

Yep the most exciting play in football... that ends in a non play or no statistical advantage for either team 98% of the time. The sooner we get rid of the kickoff the sooner football can evolve.
In case you haven't npticed todays game totally sucks compared to what it once was.  Football was never meant to be played all worried about injuries/safety,  it's like bull riding, boxing,  stay out if worried about getting thrown off/knocked out.

Watch what happens if a new league shows up kicking off 10 yards back so we do have returns and not all this crap about hits.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the game I watched yesterday was that there wasn't a commercial break every 5 minutes

The NFL hast to do something about so many breaks in play

I thought it was odd watching one game on Saturday with the number of times they mentioned the NFL on the broadcast. 

But it then I just watched a Sunday game that was on...the NFL Network. 

Ah. I see. NFL totally embracing this as a farm league and, heck, if they can keep interest high in football all the way through to Early May, that’s probably not a bad thing for the sport or league overall. This is like NFL Europe but without the Europe part. 

I thought it was odd watching one game on Saturday with the number of times they mentioned the NFL on the broadcast. 

But it then I just watched a Sunday game that was on...the NFL Network. 

Ah. I see. NFL totally embracing this as a farm league and, heck, if they can keep interest high in football all the way through to Early May, that’s probably not a bad thing for the sport or league overall. This is like NFL Europe but without the Europe part. 
Yeah I’m actually super disappointed in that part. I was hoping for a rival league that could eventually challenge the NFL in a few years. 

I think I reference it in my first post but due to the rookie salary cap - right now there is a golden opportunity for a rival league to steal some market space and just a handful of blue chip college players, maybe just one per team. 

Ill have to hope the XFL2 is that league cause this one is the NFLs side chick.

Yeah I’m actually super disappointed in that part. I was hoping for a rival league that could eventually challenge the NFL in a few years. 

I think I reference it in my first post but due to the rookie salary cap - right now there is a golden opportunity for a rival league to steal some market space and just a handful of blue chip college players, maybe just one per team. 

Ill have to hope the XFL2 is that league cause this one is the NFLs side chick.
There is no chance any league could ever challenge the nfl. Nobody is giving up their favorite local team that they grew up with for the Arizona Firesticks or whatever they’re called. 

There is no chance any league could ever challenge the nfl. Nobody is giving up their favorite local team that they grew up with for the Arizona Firesticks or whatever they’re called. 
Lol, I hear you and agree for the most part but I think there are enough people tired of the NFL and don’t care about player safety and just want their old football back that they could be profitable. 

One of the most enjoyable parts of the game I watched yesterday was that there wasn't a commercial break every 5 minutes

The NFL hast to do something about so many breaks in play
The problem with that is I don't think they have control over it. It's probably in the TV contract that the networks have discretion over ads.

And at the same time, this new league would have to severely over pay to get a top tier talent to come to them and forfeit all their prime earning years in the NFL. I don't think they have the funds to do it.

And at the same time, this new league would have to severely over pay to get a top tier talent to come to them and forfeit all their prime earning years in the NFL. I don't think they have the funds to do it.
The rookie salary cap makes it a possibility. You don’t need to sign a lot top players, just a couple. Those elite players would dominate the league and fans would enjoy seeing that. 

The rookie salary cap makes it a possibility. You don’t need to sign a lot top players, just a couple. Those elite players would dominate the league and fans would enjoy seeing that. 
It's just a hard sell for a guy who could make a lot more in the long run in the NFL. Maybe they could get a stud RB and pay him a stupid amount like $12m per year for 4 years plus a big signing bonus. RBs have shorter careers so getting to the cash quicker might interest them. QBs, OL, Defense and even WRs can make more in the NFL though over the course of a career.

It's just a hard sell for a guy who could make a lot more in the long run in the NFL. Maybe they could get a stud RB and pay him a stupid amount like $12m per year for 4 years plus a big signing bonus. RBs have shorter careers so getting to the cash quicker might interest them. QBs, OL, Defense and even WRs can make more in the NFL though over the course of a career.
Totally agree. Maybe target guys who drop in the draft because of off field stuff? So far RBs have had a tough go in week 1 cause the Oline play has been pretty bad. 

Houston McTear*** never played college football, yet while at Baker HS (Florida) he averaged over 14 yards a carry, he was amazing or so the story goes.

While a HS junior he ran 100 yards in 9.0 to tie the World Record.  Think about that, a HS junior the fastest man in the world.

He went on to make our Olympic team and break every indoor WR on the books, and you are just now hearing about him.

The kid was a bit...slow....might have suffered from some learning disability, no big time college could recruit him because of academics, lack of them.

Where is this going.

Will we see some kid in something similiar show up in this league, XFL, whatever, someone we have never heard of, and only the locals in his town know of him?

A true.......where has this guy been?

Or will that be this Luis Perez?

*** he did run JC track out here at Cerritos JC Cali, that's when I saw him. He blew the crowd away coming from way back on a 4x2 relay leg.

He did make the cover of SI,  his story gaining National attention, even Muhammad Ali got involved.

Christian Hackenburg may as well be a 6’4 kid they pulled out of 7/11 and put onto a football field. He’s the worst QB I’ve ever seen. Jarmarcus Russell deserves more of a chance than him.

Have any of you tried the real-time game app they keep touting?  Is it any good?
I mean it’s interesting but I think they wanted it to be something more with full functionality and bells and whistles. Feels like a poor, rushed out Beta that didn’t go as planned. Still, it has potential if the NFL wants something like it. It would be great to see real time MPH with something that functions like the app does.

Free afternoon, say to myself "Hmm, why not check out the AAF again?"

Brilliant decision to put their first week 3 game on a pay-per-view service.  That will sure build up the viewing loyalty of casual consumers like me!

Idiots.  This league won't last like this.

Users who are viewing this thread