What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broncos vs Colts (1 Viewer)

How do you think the Colts' offense looks without Stokley now Chase? ;)
They are looking a lto better now.But don't forget they had about three more TDs at this point the last time they played the Broncos with Stokely. ;)

You can't base anything on five runs. NFL RBs get 20-25 carries a game, with plenty of runs that gain only a few yards.

Just like you can't base anything on one big run. But what you can assume is that since he's been the #1 all camp, has played well in the games and has played all of the first half in what is considered the final tune-up game with the first-unit, he's the starter. And he has mucho value if he is.
Didn't you see the part where I said I liked Anderson? You don't have to convince me. I'm just pointing out the facts is all with regards to tonight's game.
What facts?
Are you saying it's not a fact that at this time, Anderson's other 5 runs have gone for 10 yards?
All I'm saying is basing anything on five carries is pointless.
I'm not basing anything on those five carries. I'm just stating the facts.

there goes Mike Andreson.. 93 yards for a TD

there goes Bell's value
I am sure Bell owners will be in here shortly telling us how old and slow Anderson is anyway.
Well anyone of the Bronco RBs could have run through that huge hole. That was just a busted play. Do you really think that run was based on Anderson talent?
Actually, a back would have had to be on the field. That means they would need to have started, so only one back could have run through that hole. The one who did, Anderson.
So your logic is .....nana nana boo boo? What I was saying is that there was nothing special about the play by Anderson. It was a very big hole and he got through it.I think it is so funny how people just love it when somebody's players fail to work out. FYI my draft is tomorrow and I have no vested interest in either.

t means they would need to have

So your logic is .....nana nana boo boo? What I was saying is that there was nothing special about the play by Anderson. It was a very big hole and he got through it.

I think it is so funny how people just love it when somebody's players fail to work out. FYI my draft is tomorrow and I have no vested interest in either.
No, my logic is Anderson has been the starter, still is the starter, and it seems like he will be the starter until he screws up. The one knock on him is he lacks the homerun ability...and outrunning DBs on a 93 yard TD, no matter how big the hole, is a home run.

Great 25 yard run by Anderson. Stick a fork in Bell.
You guys act like this is in stone all year.. It's amazing how many people think its going to be like that all year.. Anderson will wear down.. This preseason stuff is like part time.. I have both but still feel Bell's upside is a TON more.. It's only a matter of time..

Anderson just had another nice run up the middle, for around 20. After that play Bell made it to the field. I'm starting to like my 11th round pick :thumbup: Now do I trade now or wait a week in the regular season, lol ???

You guys act like this is in stone all year.. It's amazing how many people think its going to be like that all year.. Anderson will wear down.. This preseason stuff is like part time.. I have both but still feel Bell's upside is a TON more.. It's only a matter of time..
Yeah it's only a matter of time until you realize that Andersonis a much better RB than you have been giving him credit for and Bell is a much worse RB than you have been giving him credit for.

Colts offense (really the running game) looking very strong on this drive. Lots of holes for Mungro and Carthon.

Bryan Fletcher (Colts TE) with two receptions on this drive. The Colts have three TEs trying to replace Marcus Pollard.

Ben Hartsock is the former third round pick and strong blocker.

Ben Utecht is a good blocker and receiver I believe.

Fletcher is the strongest receiver of the bunch, and probably the guy we want to follow most. And he looked decent on this drive.

On first down inside the fifteen, Manning found Clark in the end zone but he was covered tightly. On third down, Reggie Wayne almost made a circus catch but came down out of bounds.
Another TE update...Utectht makes the grab on a short pass, and rumbles for about 8. He looks like a pretty good athlete, but not as fast as Fletcher. The Colts regular number 4 WR (Aaron Moorehead?) obviously isn't the backup if Stokely/Wayne/Harrison gets hurt as Clark has been lining up at WR most of the game.

Anderson just had another nice run up the middle, for around 20.

After that play Bell made it to the field.

I'm starting to like my 11th round pick :thumbup:

Now do I trade now or wait a week in the regular season, lol ???
Unless you get a starting caliber back in the trade, you shouldn't trade Anderson. There is no reason to think he will lose his job anytime soon, so I would just ride the wave.

I think Bell, has a great shot at taking the job at some point, HOWEVER, given his ADP I'd say his upside is limited.

Bell has been in on two offensive packages so far.had a blitz pickup block in his first action and was the RB in when Lelie caught the bomb... Mike Anderson is having a very nice game..shutting me up for sure..

Yeah it's only a matter of time until you realize that Andersonis a much better RB than you have been giving him credit for and Bell is a much worse RB than you have been giving him credit for.
I guess if your pimping Anderson sure. Yet the guy had 1 great year and then was demoted to FB.. Obviously not thought that highly of.. I am not one to look at preseason and say. Oh its going to be like this for 16 games. Every year I have seen it and it changes EVERY week. There is just too much pimping going on..

I guess if your pimping Anderson sure. Yet the guy had 1 great year and then was demoted to FB.. Obviously not thought that highly of.. I am not one to look at preseason and say. Oh its going to be like this for 16 games. Every year I have seen it and it changes EVERY week. There is just too much pimping going on..
1 season is more than Bell has. Noone is saying he can not loose the job, but his chances of doing so are looking smaller as the days go on.

Bell has been in on two offensive packages so far.

had a blitz pickup block in his first action and was the RB in when Lelie caught the bomb...

Mike Anderson is having a very nice game..shutting me up for sure..
I'm shocked at how little Bell has been in.

You don't think that maybe they are both good? I drafted both of them and I'm amazed at all the people that are freaking out about MA vs. Bell just because they own one of them. Right now, MA is/was a great value in the draft, but that doesn't do you much good down the road if he loses his job to Bell. Maybe a 3rd is too early for Bell, but as you can see all that matters is getting the Broncos running game and 3rd and 7th round picks to get that is cheap IMO.

Colts offense (really the running game) looking very strong on this drive. Lots of holes for Mungro and Carthon.

Bryan Fletcher (Colts TE) with two receptions on this drive. The Colts have three TEs trying to replace Marcus Pollard.

Fletcher is the strongest receiver of the bunch, and probably the guy we want to follow most. And he looked decent on this drive.

On first down inside the fifteen, Manning found Clark in the end zone but he was covered tightly. On third down, Reggie Wayne almost made a circus catch but came down out of bounds.
Another TE update...Utectht makes the grab on a short pass, and rumbles for about 8. He looks like a pretty good athlete, but not as fast as Fletcher. The Colts regular number 4 WR (Aaron Moorehead?) obviously isn't the backup if Stokely/Wayne/Harrison gets hurt as Clark has been lining up at WR most of the game.
TE update three...Manning had about 10 seconds to throw, found Utecht down the middle of the field and he made a very nice play for the first down.

The next play, Manning found Fletcher but he had no room for any YAC (which is where I think he'll really shine).

Colts are definitely trying to sort out this TE2 position tonight, as it's a valuable spot for their offense.

The question really becomes, how early is too early to take Anderson? FBG's has Bell at RB21 and Anderson at RB33 by my scoring system. Do you dare push Anderson all the way up to RB15 or so?

had a blitz pickup block in his first action and was the RB in when Lelie caught the bomb...

Coaches tend to rest their best backs - LT only has one carry this preseason. :D

TE update three...Manning had about 10 seconds to throw, found Utecht down the middle of the field and he made a very nice play for the first down.

The next play, Manning found Fletcher but he had no room for any YAC (which is where I think he'll really shine).

Colts are definitely trying to sort out this TE2 position tonight, as it's a valuable spot for their offense.
Dallas Clark is persona non grata in that offense, he is now on my do not draft list. Way overvalued at this point.

You don't think that maybe they are both good? I drafted both of them and I'm amazed at all the people that are freaking out about MA vs. Bell just because they own one of them. Right now, MA is/was a great value in the draft, but that doesn't do you much good down the road if he loses his job to Bell.

Maybe a 3rd is too early for Bell, but as you can see all that matters is getting the Broncos running game and 3rd and 7th round picks to get that is cheap IMO.
A third round pick is WAY high for a player that is healthy and is simply not the starter because the coah thinks someone else is better. Take a RB that will be starting in the third and take Anderson in the 7th and you are even better off.

Coaches tend to rest their best backs - LT only has one carry this preseason. :D
Clarrett has none...DRAFT HIM NOW!!!!

Dallas Clark is persona non grata in that offense, he is now on my do not draft list. Way overvalued at this point.
:confused: Care to explain?

You don't think that maybe they are both good? I drafted both of them and I'm amazed at all the people that are freaking out about MA vs. Bell just because they own one of them. Right now, MA is/was a great value in the draft, but that doesn't do you much good down the road if he loses his job to Bell. Maybe a 3rd is too early for Bell, but as you can see all that matters is getting the Broncos running game and 3rd and 7th round picks to get that is cheap IMO.
1st of all, I made it a point to avoid ALL Den RBs this year. I only drafted Anderson in one league becuase due to this insistent dribble about how Bell is the next TD/Portis, Anderson fell to the 18th round. Over and over and over again we have to sit here and hear about how much superior of a RB and talent Bell is than Anderson, yet over and over and over again, we watch him get out played and benched in favor of Anderson. So, do I think both are good? Yes. But that does not change the fact the far too many people have GREATLY underestimated Anderson and his ability, while at the same time GREATLY overestimating Bell and his. The disparity between these 2 guys ADPs is of the disgusting level. Bell in the 3rd, Anderson in the 10th yet Anderson has played better all off-season, proven capalbe of handling the Den job over a full season in the past, and SARTER ahead of Bell the ENTIRE time both have been on the same roster.

Based on 1/2 of football where he was targeted three times, once in the endzone and has been lining up in the slot? I don't mind any TE that lines up in Indy's slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question really becomes, how early is too early to take Anderson? FBG's has Bell at RB21 and Anderson at RB33 by my scoring system. Do you dare push Anderson all the way up to RB15 or so?
I think that's too high but I agree with the poster earlier who said you have to take Anderson ahead of Bell right now in all redrafts. But with Bell still hovering I don't know if you can push Anderson much higher than the backend of the Top 25 RBs. The potential obviously is much higher if he can keep the job the whole year, but one thing about the Denver RB situation in recent years, outside of Portis in 2003 they haven't been able to keep one RB in the starting lineup for an entire season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's too high but I agree with the poster earlier who said you have to take Anderson ahead of Bell right now in all redrafts. But with Bell still hovering I don't know if you can push Anderson much higher than the backend of the Top 25 RBs. The potential obviously is much higher if he can keep the job the whole year, but one thing about the Denver RB situation in recent years, outside of Portis in 2003 they haven't been able to keep one RB in the starting lineup for an entire (or the bulk of the) season.
It's an ugly situation.

Users who are viewing this thread