What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broncos vs Colts (2 Viewers)

The question really becomes, how early is too early to take Anderson? FBG's has Bell at RB21 and Anderson at RB33 by my scoring system. Do you dare push Anderson all the way up to RB15 or so?
I think that's too high but I agree with the poster earlier who said you have to take Anderson ahead of Bell right now in all redrafts. But with Bell still hovering I don't know if you can push Anderson much higher than the backend of the Top 25 RBs. The potential obviously is much higher if he can keep the job the whole year, but one thing about the Denver RB situation in recent years, outside of Portis in 2003 they haven't been able to keep one RB in the starting lineup for an entire (or the bulk of the) season.
It's an ugly situation.
It's actually VERY clear right now. Anderson is clearly the starter and Bell is clearly the backup. There's no confusion or uncertainty there. What's uncertain is how long will he keep the job?

I'm really going to miss packersfan avatar :cry:
Where's it going?
check the first "pinned" post.
Hmmm, she's clearly not naked and I don't think she's wearing anything overly revealing. I don't think it violates Joe's list. But if it does and he wants me to remove it that's cool. I'm not a rebel rouser. :) Edited to add I know Joe's seen it and he hasn't contacted me about it so I'm guessing he doesn't have a problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people who are taking Dallas Clark based on the idea of 50 receptions are going to be disappointed. Manning has 17 completions in this half, none of them to Clark and five of them to other TEs. Manning has never had a 50-reception TE and it doesn't look like he's going to have one in 2005 either.

The potential obviously is much higher if he can keep the job the whole year, but one thing about the Denver RB situation in recent years, outside of Portis in 2003 they haven't been able to keep one RB in the starting lineup for an entire season.
Huh? Outside of 2003 means just last year, right?

The potential obviously is much higher if he can keep the job the whole year, but one thing about the Denver RB situation in recent years, outside of Portis in 2003 they haven't been able to keep one RB in the starting lineup for an entire season.
When was the last time the Broncos had one RB start the whole year?

Great 25 yard run by Anderson. Stick a fork in Bell.
You guys act like this is in stone all year.. It's amazing how many people think its going to be like that all year.. Anderson will wear down.. This preseason stuff is like part time.. I have both but still feel Bell's upside is a TON more.. It's only a matter of time..
Yeah it's only a matter of time until you realize that Andersonis a much better RB than you have been giving him credit for and Bell is a much worse RB than you have been giving him credit for.
You don't think that maybe they are both good? I drafted both of them and I'm amazed at all the people that are freaking out about MA vs. Bell just because they own one of them. Right now, MA is/was a great value in the draft, but that doesn't do you much good down the road if he loses his job to Bell. Maybe a 3rd is too early for Bell, but as you can see all that matters is getting the Broncos running game and 3rd and 7th round picks to get that is cheap IMO.
that is what i did in recent redraft (interboard D 3.9 & 7.9 in twelve man)...i have bell alone in one dynasty, but in a dynasty eventually it will hopefully pay of to have mid-twenties guy over early thirties guy.

without all the cross-talk chatter between repective MA/bell contingents, we could all perform empirical experiments...

anderson owners, try & trade anderson straight up for bell... possible in redraft contingent on the bell owners RB stable & depth.

in dynasty, i wouldn't touch MA if i was offered him straight up for bell.

we could also look at trade traffic in first week or two... if owners are trying to move him, this is almost admission that they don't see him starting from wire-to-wire... bell owners realize this.

of course, if MA doesn't move because other owners think he is too expensive, he stays on team that drafted him & MA does keep job first 8-12 weeks... at that point the original owner probably just keeps him in redraft as he wil have proven himself (again, i mean... i realize he did prove himself once b4, but that was close to a half decade ago... as a bell owner, half decade just sounds better than 5 years :) ).

i didn't watch beginning, but MA has looked good on one run i saw... not that it was in doubt, but no doubt he is early starter... if he can keep it & how long he can hold it for is question. obviously if he is still running like this one-two months into the season, greatly increases chances he keeps job all year.

Anderson looking like a factor in the passing game now too. :banned: Won't be getting him in the 13th round in my other draft like I did a couple weeks ago.

The question really becomes, how early is too early to take Anderson? FBG's has Bell at RB21 and Anderson at RB33 by my scoring system. Do you dare push Anderson all the way up to RB15 or so?
Move big Mike WAY up your cheet-sheets!....captain of the obvious......

another TD by Anderson..i'm starting to think that the trade I turned down Holt for Bell in June is looking like a huge mistake.

Well Portis was the starter the entire 2003 season and most of the 2002 season. He finished as a top five fantasy player both years.

Talk about a guy whose ADP just went absolutely gonzo in one night. Wow.
It's because it was way too ridiculously low to begin with. Here was a guy who was the #1 RB all through training camps, the #1 RB all through the preseason, and was actually being drafted 7 or 8 rounds after the guy who hadn't been able to beat him out.I think people are going to finally wake up to reality. Anderson is the starter, and the job is his until he gives it up.

Well Portis was the starter the entire 2003 season and most of the 2002 season. He finished as a top five fantasy player both years.
Portis started 12 games in 2002 but he wasn't the starter for the entire season. Portis missed three games in 2003 but he was clearly their starting RB the entire season. So my point stands -- outside of Portis in 2003 when was the last time the Broncos had one guy who was their starting RB for the entire season?

You guys act like this is in stone all year.. It's amazing how many people think its going to be like that all year.. Anderson will wear down.. This preseason stuff is like part time.. I have both but still feel Bell's upside is a TON more.. It's only a matter of time..
Yeah it's only a matter of time until you realize that Andersonis a much better RB than you have been giving him credit for and Bell is a much worse RB than you have been giving him credit for.
You don't think that maybe they are both good? I drafted both of them and I'm amazed at all the people that are freaking out about MA vs. Bell just because they own one of them. Right now, MA is/was a great value in the draft, but that doesn't do you much good down the road if he loses his job to Bell. Maybe a 3rd is too early for Bell, but as you can see all that matters is getting the Broncos running game and 3rd and 7th round picks to get that is cheap IMO.
1st of all, I made it a point to avoid ALL Den RBs this year. I only drafted Anderson in one league becuase due to this insistent dribble about how Bell is the next TD/Portis, Anderson fell to the 18th round. Over and over and over again we have to sit here and hear about how much superior of a RB and talent Bell is than Anderson, yet over and over and over again, we watch him get out played and benched in favor of Anderson. So, do I think both are good? Yes. But that does not change the fact the far too many people have GREATLY underestimated Anderson and his ability, while at the same time GREATLY overestimating Bell and his. The disparity between these 2 guys ADPs is of the disgusting level. Bell in the 3rd, Anderson in the 10th yet Anderson has played better all off-season, proven capalbe of handling the Den job over a full season in the past, and SARTER ahead of Bell the ENTIRE time both have been on the same roster.
Well, it's perfectly understandable considering that 24 year old RB's who do well their rookie season usually end up starting over 32 year old RB's coming off injury. Most coaches would want the younger guy on the field, but as we know Shanny isn't most coaches. I wasn't gung ho on Bell by any means, but the fact that he was sitting there after 24 RB's had already been taken and I only had McAllister made me take him. The only other RB's available were R. Brown, M. Bennett, Dunn and Barlow - none of which I liked any better than Bell and they certainly don't have better situations.

After today, it's going to be a lot harder to draft both of them and will probably cost a 4th for Bell (assuming he slips) and a 5th/6th for Anderson.

I think people who are taking Dallas Clark based on the idea of 50 receptions are going to be disappointed. Manning has 17 completions in this half, none of them to Clark and five of them to other TEs. Manning has never had a 50-reception TE and it doesn't look like he's going to have one in 2005 either.
:goodposting: Funny thing is, Clark may be more involved when Stokley comes back.

After today, it's going to be a lot harder to draft both of them and will probably cost a 4th for Bell (assuming he slips) and a 5th/6th for Anderson.
You still think Bell should be drafted ahead of Anderson?

1st of all, I made it a point to avoid ALL Den RBs this year. I only drafted Anderson in one league becuase due to this insistent dribble about how Bell is the next TD/Portis, Anderson fell to the 18th round. Over and over and over again we have to sit here and hear about how much superior of a RB and talent Bell is than Anderson, yet over and over and over again, we watch him get out played and benched in favor of Anderson. So, do I think both are good? Yes. But that does not change the fact the far too many people have GREATLY underestimated Anderson and his ability, while at the same time GREATLY overestimating Bell and his. The disparity between these 2 guys ADPs is of the disgusting level. Bell in the 3rd, Anderson in the 10th yet Anderson has played better all off-season, proven capalbe of handling the Den job over a full season in the past, and SARTER ahead of Bell the ENTIRE time both have been on the same roster.
in general i agree with you, jurb...i can't speak for others, but i was high on bell (& still am) because what i saw of him on film. also, there seemed to be a lot of hints emanating from bromcos camp in off-season that bell would be the man.

sometimes you are right, we should value veteran experience more & weight it accordingly in draft. sometimes unproven potential proves incompetent when bullets start flying for real.

but this line of thinking might have caused some to be scared of julius jones last year, & have eddie george zoom up their boards... after all, he had done it b4, & jones hadn't.

i know there are some differences... george looked bad for a few years & we can't say that about MA, so analogy imperfect... just trying to illustrate a concept... george did impact JJ's value for some.

george did turn out to be washed up... the older guy isn't always the right choice... easier to say with 20-20 hindsight.

julius did turn out to be a stud... in this case younger, unproven guy didn't turn out to be foolish choice.

i valued JJ because of what i saw... WITH MY OWN EYES... augmented by depth charts & latest info from camp.

i like bell for same reason... he is a dynamic, explosive open filed runner... he may yet prove to fit like a glove on the DEN signature backside, cutback blocking schemes.

i do like bell more in dynasty.

i thought bell would have beaten MA out by now but was clearly wrong. i am thinking more & more in terms that MA may well start wire-to-wire... he will if he stays healthy & keeps running like this.

but it is possible that bell could see signicant time this season... it could even be for reason other than running poorly... he could be injured, for instance.

i wouldn't take bell in redraft in round three anymore... but i doubt if he drops to round 5... agree MA zooms up after tonite & moves up from round 7-8 of late... very possible we have reached the point (ironic if it was on one big 93 yard TD... that was a showstopper, but in fairness, it sounds like he has had about four or more 20+ yard runs) where their values have crossed, & MA now goes b4 bell... maybe in third or fourth.

in dynasty, don't think MA has huge value... bell has taken a hit, but still has significant value... if you don't beieve it, try & get him for MA.

in redraft no way. Anderson played into the 3rd, played great with Bell getting nothing. The writing is on the wall. I own Bell in a dynasty league and am not real happy but hope something will change. This preseason did not turn out like I thought.

I'm drafting tommorow, and i see bell as a value pick in the late 7th early 8th..

in general i agree with you, jurb...i can't speak for others, but i was high on bell (& still am) because what i saw of him on film. also, there seemed to be a lot of hints emanating from bromcos camp in off-season that bell would be the man.

sometimes you are right, we should value veteran experience more & weight it accordingly in draft. sometimes unproven potential proves incompetent when bullets start flying for real.

but this line of thinking might have caused some to be scared of julius jones last year, & have eddie george zoom up their boards... after all, he had done it b4, & jones hadn't.

i know there are some differences... george looked bad for a few years & we can't say that about MA, so analogy imperfect... just trying to illustrate a concept... george did impact JJ's value for some.

george did turn out to be washed up... the older guy isn't always the right choice... easier to say with 20-20 hindsight.

julius did turn out to be a stud... in this case younger, unproven guy didn't turn out to be foolish choice.

i valued JJ because of what i saw... WITH MY OWN EYES... augmented by depth charts & latest info from camp.

i like bell for same reason... he is a dynamic, explosive open filed runner... he may yet prove to fit like a glove on the DEN signature backside, cutback blocking schemes.

i do like bell more in dynasty.

i thought bell would have beaten MA out by now but was clearly wrong. i am thinking more & more in terms that MA may well start wire-to-wire... he will if he stays healthy & keeps running like this.

but it is possible that bell could see signicant time this season... it could even be for reason other than running poorly... he could be injured, for instance.

i wouldn't take bell in redraft in round three anymore... but i doubt if he drops to round 5... agree MA zooms up after tonite & moves up from round 7-8 of late... very possible we have reached the point (ironic if it was on one big 93 yard TD... that was a showstopper, but in fairness, it sounds like he has had about four or more 20+ yard runs) where their values have crossed, & MA now goes b4 bell... maybe in third or fourth.

in dynasty, don't think MA has huge value... bell has taken a hit, but still has significant value... if you don't beieve it, try & get him for MA.
Hey guys, this is a great discussion, and I am very interested in the changing ADPs. Instead of taking over the game thread - if it's not too late - could we move all of this discussion here? Thanks..

Bell has been in on two offensive packages so far.

had a blitz pickup block in his first action and was the RB in when Lelie caught the bomb...

Mike Anderson is having a very nice game..shutting me up for sure..
For the record, the ONLY time Bell came in when the starters were in was when Anderson took himself out of the game. Bell was never substituted for Anderson by the coaching staff.

IF you take Anderson you must take Bell, and I would also take Dayne. If we learned anything from last year if you want the Denver running game....you gotta take them all. I find it hard to believe Anderson start all year. Especially with Denver's history.

Just finished watching the game and reading these posts. I laugh at how some people think Bell should still be drafted ahead of Anderson. :no: This just in....Anderson is a BEAST! :yes: Bell would make a nice handuff! :lmao:

Just finished watching the game and reading these posts. I laugh at how some people think Bell should still be drafted ahead of Anderson. :no: This just in....Anderson is a BEAST! :yes: Bell would make a nice handuff! :lmao:
I just took Anderson in the 6th round of a redraft where Bell was taken in the 4th....I'm VERY happy with that.

Thanks for the tip. Would you happen to know yesterday's lotto numbers?

A snippet from a Broncos message board:According to Dave Logan on the radio coverage after the game, Peyton Manningwent in for an X-ray on his left shoulder after the game and didn't lookhappy when he came out. Darrent Williams must have made an impression onthe beautiful sack.Might not be anything, but then again, maybe it is?Overall review from a Bronco fan: Denver O wasn't as impressive as last year. Lelie looked like a better deep threat, Rod seems to have lost a step. Mike Anderson some nice runs besides the 93 yarder. Bell didn't do squat. Q had a couple of nice runs.Edge looks like he might have lost a step, or the Den LB's are faster than I thought. Overall, though, Indy's stretch play was pretty effective - seemed to net 5 yds per run. Besides a couple of TD's, Payton didn't connect with the WR's. Most of his completions were in the flat to RB's & TE's.Defensively, Darrent Williams looked pretty good to me - some good open field tackles. He seemed to get tested quite a bit - a trend which is likely to continue during the reg season. The Denver D-line played great - good pressure on Peyton. Engleburger and Pryce were all over the place. Paymah got beat a couple of times and had a few penalties. Sauerburns punting was MUCH better than anything Denver had last year. Should tip the scales of field position a little more in Denver's favor, which sohuld help the scoring, FG's at very least.One other thing to note - Gerrard Warren lined up at FB, ala Fridge in SBXX. Shanny likes to screen pass to the FB on the goal line - that is where Hape got most of his TD's last year. It is not inconcieveable that Warren might catch a TD pass sometime this year - might be key if you play IDP.

Users who are viewing this thread