What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Guardians thread - spring training (1 Viewer)

When the team needs a clutch hit in the 9th, just bring out Giambi and his .177 average and he'll deliver.

Looked like a good crowd for a Tuesday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost ran on the field and punched Chris Perez last night. :hot:

Almost ran on the field to join the home plate celebration too! :excited: :suds: :hifive:

Almost ran on the field and punched Chris Perez last night. :hot:

Almost ran on the field to join the home plate celebration too! :excited: :suds: :hifive:
If I was Kipnis or Brantley I don't know how I could've contained myself from wanting to kick his ### up between his ears.

And listening to Hammy's call! :excited: And to know Hawk Harrelson was silenced again. :lmao:

#clucktober

I had a feeling TB was going to run the table earlier this week.

I'd like to think that we can, but we are Cleveland.

I'm not sure what to think of the Angels right now...hoping they can work in a split. Texas just took the lead in the 6th, dammit.

3 way tie seems to give us the advantage. I'm assuming we would take the home game Monday vs TB. Lose and you still play Tues in Texas. The article I read said we get choice between the A and B seed. Why would you choose B (a road game Monday)? Road field advantage?

I'm not sure what to think of the Angels right now...hoping they can work in a split. Texas just took the lead in the 6th, dammit.
All three teams are on tear right now...a collective 18 game winning streak. The Angels are playing better so I think a split there is possible. Tampa is just playing out of their minds.

Good news is we won last night, so the magic number to clinch is 3. :pickle:

All three teams are on tear right now...a collective 18 game winning streak. The Angels are playing better so I think a split there is possible. Tampa is just playing out of their minds.

Good news is we won last night, so the magic number to clinch is 3. :pickle:
:hifive:

:unsure:

Reading between the lines....Chris Perez is done as an Indian?
If it was up to the fans, then yes. One of MLB Network's shows debated whether or not Masty or Perez should close; the results weren't surprising. :lol:

I would say Joe Smith (who's engaged to Allie LaForce BTW) could be the closer and if Vinnie Pestano can get straighten out/healed up, can move into the 8th inning role.

Tom Servo said:
Bobcat10 said:
If it was up to the fans, then yes. One of MLB Network's shows debated whether or not Masty or Perez should close; the results weren't surprising. :lol:

I would say Joe Smith (who's engaged to Allie LaForce BTW) could be the closer and if Vinnie Pestano can get straighten out/healed up, can move into the 8th inning role.
I'd go with Masterson for this weekend.

:wub: Allie LaForce :wub:

Tom Servo said:
Bobcat10 said:

I'd go with Masterson for this weekend.

:wub: Allie LaForce :wub:
Yes if he's ready I definitely go with Masterson this weekend and see what happens. I'd rather not disrupt Smith in the 8th inning because he has been lights out.

Whether he succeeds or not, it could get real tricky if we make it to next week with the possibility of playing Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri and Sat. Hopefully we don't need Mon and Tue.

I am really excited that the Indians just clinched a wild card spot.

Would have said no chance of them getting there at the start of the season.

Go Tribe!

Hats off to the Indians!! Wow..what a what to end the season.as the hottest team in MLB. Glad the Tigers are not facing the Tribe in the first rd.

Hats off to the Indians!! Wow..what a what to end the season.as the hottest team in MLB. Glad the Tigers are not facing the Tribe in the first rd.
If only we'd have played better against you guys... :kicksrock:
I agree..that 4 game sweep looms large right now. It does not matter now though as the Tribe could have packed in in when 8 games back in early Sept but battled back to make the playoffs. . Nice to see two Central teams make it and have KC much improved as well.

Who here is going Wednesday?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it isn't crazy for me to go.

It's only about 550 miles 1 way honey, or the alternative converstion Tuesday night, I have to run out to get something, see you Thursday.

I bought 5 tickets during the pre-sale for the WC game. If you are serious about going, you know it's sold out, right?

I didn't get anything for the ALDS though since I'll be in Cali during the two potential home games....which is gonna suck if they are daytime games for me out there. But, I'll take a win Wed over me being able to watch in Cali.

It's only about 550 miles 1 way honey, or the alternative converstion Tuesday night, I have to run out to get something, see you Thursday.
Like Bobcat said, the WC game is a sell out. I believe ALDS games 1 & 2 still have ducats available. Besides, IIRC, they're on Friday & Saturday. It's easier to sell that as you can root root root for the Tribe and she can either stay home or take a cruise on the Goodtime II. :lol:

Like Bobcat said, the WC game is a sell out. I believe ALDS games 1 & 2 still have ducats available. Besides, IIRC, they're on Friday & Saturday. It's easier to sell that as you can root root root for the Tribe and she can either stay home or take a cruise on the Goodtime II. :lol:
ALDS games 3 and 4 are the home games, so they are on Mon and Tues....and they are limited, from what I've heard, have not actually looked.

ALDS games 3 and 4 are the home games, so they are on Mon and Tues....and they are limited, from what I've heard, have not actually looked.
You are probably right. I may have mistaken the "game 1" to be the first game of the series.

You are probably right. I may have mistaken the "game 1" to be the first game of the series.
I'm definitely right. I'm going to be in Sacramento most of next week....if we were playing the A's, I would have been very tempted to hit Oakland somehow...game 5 would have been Thursday in Oakland.

They actually just announced game 1 in Boston is at 3:00 on Friday and game 2 in Boston is 5:30 on Saturday.

Monday is a heavy day...all four series have scheduled games with the NL being "if necessary"...I'm thinking game 3 will be during the daytime and that sucks for me...I land in Cali at Noon pacific time.

If we lose this one gamer, I'm gonna be pissed.

Bobcat10 said:
Tom Servo said:
Bobcat10 said:
Tom Servo said:
Village Idiot said:

I'm definitely right. I'm going to be in Sacramento most of next week....if we were playing the A's, I would have been very tempted to hit Oakland somehow...game 5 would have been Thursday in Oakland.

They actually just announced game 1 in Boston is at 3:00 on Friday and game 2 in Boston is 5:30 on Saturday.

Monday is a heavy day...all four series have scheduled games with the NL being "if necessary"...I'm thinking game 3 will be during the daytime and that sucks for me...I land in Cali at Noon pacific time.

If we lose this one gamer, I'm gonna be pissed.
All the more reason we should have played better against the Tigers. ;)

Antonetti said he had to talk Tito down from wanting a 24 man staff. :lol:

For Wednesday's 8 p.m. ET clash with the Rays at Progressive Field, Francona took 11 pitchers, including two extra starting pitchers (Corey Kluber and Scott Kazmir ) for his bullpen. The position-player side of the roster included the usual suspects, with the exception of two roles players (infielder Jose Ramirez and outfielder Matt Carson ) off the bench.

Indians general manager Chris Antonetti quipped on Tuesday that he had to talk Francona down from a 24-man pitching staff. The manager narrowed the list down to the following arms: starter Danny Salazar, plus right-handers Justin Masterson, Cody Allen, Joe Smith, Matt Albers, Bryan Shaw, Chris Perez and Kluber, along with lefties Marc Rzepczynski, Rich Hill and Kazmir.

The infield consists of first baseman Nick Swisher, All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall and utility man Mike Aviles. The outfield includes left fielder Michael Brantley, center fielder Michael Bourn, right fielder Drew Stubbs and utility man Ryan Raburn. Cleveland will carry two catchers: Yan Gomes and Carlos Santana.

The Indians added a trio of role players in veteran Jason Giambi, Ramirez and Carson. Giambi has served as a pinch-hitter and part-time DH all season, while the 21-year-old Ramirez gives Cleveland a fleet-footed pinch-running option. Carson (7-for-11 at the plate in 20 games) offers strong late-inning defense for the outfield.

There had been questions about whether Bourn -- sidelined with a left leg injury late in Sunday's game in Minnesota -- would be available, but the center fielder ran through a full workout on Tuesday with no issues.

Ya it blows because they squandered so many good opportunities. Really let Cobb off the hook, he even said he didn't have his best stuff. Easily could have chased him during the 4th or 5th where we had awful at bats with runners on. And I wanted to punch Bourn in the face when he flew out on a 2-0 count in the 7th.

On a brighter note, Salazar really looks good. Gave up two big hits (Chisenhall looked way too far off the line on the double), but other than that the Rays looked overmatched mostly vs him. Time for Lindor to take over and get rid of Asdrubal....and a full year of Gomes (why was he hitting 8th btw?) getting the lions share of games behind the plate will bode well for the staff and actually our lineup.

Would have liked to see the Tribe advance after a great comeback season. Looking forward to a good 3 team race with Detroit, Cleveland and KC next season.

On another note...do those dooshbags that stand in the suite behind home plate ever watch the game?

On another note...do those dooshbags that stand in the suite behind home plate ever watch the game?
In that suite to the first base side of home? That's usually a rotating cavalcade of morons who are known to wave at the camera while on their phones.

In that suite to the first base side of home? That's usually a rotating cavalcade of morons who are known to wave at the camera while on their phones.
Yes...every Tribe game I watched when Detroit was playing it was so annoying to get 6-7 guys dancing around waving at the camera every pitch..none of them are watching the game.

Users who are viewing this thread