What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Guardians thread - spring training (1 Viewer)

The combined RD of the Al East is like +30. For the central it’s around -330. It doesn’t really matter a lot, but the divisions aren’t even close. 
Then why do you keep coming back? I’ll put an end to it...the O’s and Jays are AWESOME! You win!

It should be an interesting off-season for Cleveland.  The Lindor/Ramirez/Perez window is two years so it seems like an opportunity to spend to fill some holes in the OF.

Getting Kipnis off the books will free up some money.  I assume they'll non-tender Salazar as well. 

I like that they picked up Kluber even though 2016 Kluber is probably gone forever.  He comes out pitching well, we have options with him kind of like what was done with Bauer.

Johnson should come into camp competing for a corner OF spot.  Based on the way they do business, Johnson and (definitely) Jones will start the year in the minors.  Perfect world would be Jones at 3b, JRam at 2b, and Johnson in LF.  That gives them the opp to resign Puig, or another corner OF, and work on the back end of the pen.  Really their only holes if they'd give the kids a shot and they earn it.  I think they'll check in on Puig and would resign him at 1 or 2 years for the right amount, but he'll probably be too expensive and they'll go the inexpensive veteran route (while crossing their fingers). 

It should be an interesting off-season for Cleveland.  The Lindor/Ramirez/Perez window is two years so it seems like an opportunity to spend to fill some holes in the OF.

Getting Kipnis off the books will free up some money.  I assume they'll non-tender Salazar as well. 
I am definitely more of a fan of baseball in general than a specific team so I like to follow every team. I have to say, the Indians have the potential make some good moves to make  complete roster that can compete for a championship. Kluber, Clevinger, and Bieber are an awesome top 3. 

Ownership has said they are not paying Lindor what the market dictates. So now is the time to deal him to get that offense some help, particularly in the outfield.

i feel like they absolutely stole Franmiel Reyes from the Padres, and even if he ends up as a full time DH because of D, he can rip the cover off the ball.

not nearly enough for Kluber SMH
I like the RP who has a live arm and is under control for 6 years.  Not a fan of the extra OF.  But considering Kluber has regressed from his 2016 form.  His injuring over the last couple of years, its not surprising the haul wasn't enormous.  But Klubes just isn't the same pitcher over the last 2-3 years.  :shrug:  

I like the RP who has a live arm and is under control for 6 years.  Not a fan of the extra OF.  But considering Kluber has regressed from his 2016 form.  His injuring over the last couple of years, its not surprising the haul wasn't enormous.  But Klubes just isn't the same pitcher over the last 2-3 years.  :shrug:  
Agreed.  He was never pulling in a much better haul UNLESS they decided to roll the dice on him being healthy and effective from April to July.  Maybe they could have gotten a Bauer-lite deal at that point.  I think it was a good call to pull the trigger now.  Not sure what other options we had though....like what the Angels/Dodgers/etc best offers were.  

Do the Angels covet Fletcher so much that they would not do Kluber straight up for him?  Did we even explore that?  That would have interested me.  No way they would deal Adell.  Saw names like Sandoval and Rengifo....blah.  

Terry Francona was insightful in his brief appearance in The Last Dance.

I heard a radio interview with him where he talked about getting into a pick-up game with Michael, where he and MJ were on the same side. Francona said in the interview that he looked at the game as a way to stretch his legs, get loose a little bit, but Michael was relentless, got on him about playing weak defense, taking bad shots and not diving for rebounds.

Francona said he could laugh about it now, but he wasn't laughing in 1994.

I have also heard of the Cleveland Buckeyes being floated about........

maybe they should become the Cleveland Covids to mark this bizarre time in the history of the world. :oldunsure:

What about the Cleveland Blues.. I mean we have the Cincinnati Reds... put the Blues at the other end of the state and be super patriotic   :shrug:

I swear, Todd Van Burkleo must have incriminating photos of Tito and the Dolans for him to still have a job after all these years.  :wall:  

Tribe players ready to go Bob Seger and turn the page.

“It’s up to the players to welcome Clev,” said Alomar. “We’ve had too many meetings about what happened. It’s time to start healing and move forward. I think the players are understanding of the situation. At the end of the day, it’s one your teammates. He made a mistake. Actually two guys. But, it’s time to move on and start with the healing process.”

Starting to wonder if Clevinger gets moved for bat(s) plus and Plesac gets the thin ice treatment. McKenzie last night showed one of them is expendable. 
If Sunshine gets dealt to the Yankees :yucky:  here's 4 players the Indians need/must see in return.

1. OF Clint Frazier (obviously)

2. SP Deivi Garcia

3. 3B Miguel Andujar

4. OF Mike Tauchman

I'd say that's a MINIMUM of what should come back for him.  Perhaps 1-2 low prospects plus cash.

Fixing Lindor could be as simple as getting him to relax.

I've never seen him this tight.  He doesn't even look like he's having much fun.
Haven't visited this thread in awhile, but this is exactly what I told my son and brother in law.  He's too wound up.  He's not smiling. He's not joking around.  Do something to help him adjust or chill out.  Pay the man his money!  Switch him back to the 2 hole where he's comfortable batting.  Do something.  He did look a little better this weekend.  It took that liner of a HR to see that smile again, if even for a moment.

Lots of trade talk last night for Clev.  Heard it was the Padres, then the Braves, now a mystery team upping the ante!  Should be a fun morning.  I like Clev, but that was a bone headed move.  And then to stay quiet about his trip out while others were bashing Plesac.  Not cool.  The emergence of McKenzie has made Clev expendable.  Bieber, Cookie, and Civale holding things down.  McKenzie to grow and Plutko to manage a game here and there.  Maybe bring Plesac back, but I'd be surprised if he's up any time soon.  He sounds like a pure ####### right now.

This may pan out in the long run, but to be where this team is right now and make this trade? Laughably bad. Naylor's just a different version of the bats they already have and Quantrill is probably this team's 5th best reliever. I mean, I get it - the team decided they were trading him and is just taking the best offer. But no positive was generated from this move for this season. For a contender.

Dear MWNN,

Thank you for your generous donation of $100 to the 2020 Cleveland Indians Charities Giveathon presented by Kaulig Giving. Funds donated will be directly allocated to improve the quality of youth baseball and softball in the city of Cleveland. Because you were one of the first 400 fans to donate $100 or more, you are receiving an autographed baseball from a member of the 2020 Indians.  Your ball will be in the mail within the next few weeks.

Better not be a reserve player

Users who are viewing this thread