What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Community Thread*** (1 Viewer)

another great episode last night. Gotta love all the Seacrest jokes given McHale's constant ribbing of him on The Soup.

another great episode last night. Gotta love all the Seacrest jokes given McHale's constant ribbing of him on The Soup.
Never watched The Soup so I didn't know there was a history there.Hey, fat Burt Reynolds!Chevy: I'll take it. :lmao:

So anyone else thinking the season finale's going to be the doppelgangers from the dark universe (Dice Roll episode) somehow crossing over?

I know this has probably already been covered but in the off-chance it hasn't...look for Community's Easter Eggs...they are INCREDIBLE...and put this show over the top when compared to regular comedy shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Don Quixote said:
That was Changlorious tonight. But I am a sucker for Ken Burns and spoofs of him.
The Ken Burns parodies have been done to death, but they did it so damn well. Easily the best episode this season.

How is this show not getting more love? This going to be one of the shows where in a few years, after it gets cancelled, people are gonna watch the DVD and then start threads about how great it is and how did it ever get canceled, like Arrested Development.

Rating might be up but it doesnt sound good for Chevy being back. I went over to Tyler, at the recommendation of some FBG's for some JLH pics, and Chevy walked off set for the finale. Dan Harmon(writer/maybe creator) starting chanting #### you Chevy in front of his wife and daughter. Then Chevy left him an insane voicemail. Sucks cause I think this show is great, last night was a really good episode, and Annie is tops on tv.

Rating might be up but it doesnt sound good for Chevy being back. I went over to Tyler, at the recommendation of some FBG's for some JLH pics, and Chevy walked off set for the finale. Dan Harmon(writer/maybe creator) starting chanting #### you Chevy in front of his wife and daughter. Then Chevy left him an insane voicemail. Sucks cause I think this show is great, last night was a really good episode, and Annie is tops on tv.
The show can survive without Chevy. There's only a couple episodes a season that are centered around him. He's essentially taken the villain role, a role that could easily be done with Chang should Chevy leave.

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
That was the best episode in while.
One of the best in the series...Simply great...loved the Asylum clip..."let's see what happens if we take one of their pens"Since the return, this one, the civil war one and the dreamatorium one have approached true greatness, IMHO.

I'm not sure what we did to deserve a show this awesome.
After about four pause/rewinds caused by laughter, I just committed to finish the episode and immediately watch it again from the beginning. I'm not a Law & Order fan at all, but I am just familiar enough with the format to be in on the jokes. And Troy's Spidey tie was :moneybag: .
I missed that whole episode. I fired it up on the DVR, and found out that the whole episode was wiped out by StormCenter Tornado Watch (I live in Tennessee. Nothing happened.) :kicksrock:

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
That was the best episode in while.
One of the best in the series...Simply great...loved the Asylum clip..."let's see what happens if we take one of their pens"

Since the return, this one, the civil war one and the dreamatorium one have approached true greatness, IMHO.
We'll have to disagree on the Dreamatorium. The only thing I really liked about that episode were the dean's bits with the Duali-dean of Man outfit.
The people at the bank loved my outfit and they had all kinds of questions about it and my answers seem to amuse and even liberate them a little. A few of us went to lunch and I had the deepest conversion of my life. I’ve gotta go, I’m telling everybody.

Great news that it's been renewed. While I still think it's a hit or miss show and some episodes fall completely flat to me, other people like those episodes and I applaud them for trying new things and being different. It doesn't have to be a home run each week to be a great show.

:thumbup:

Excellent episodes last night. Obviously they thought they weren't going to be renewed judging by the ending of the finale. And the 8:00 show is a perfect example of why it doesn't get good ratings. The target audience for the 64bit episode are the same ones that watch Big Bang Theory.

And while NBC might have renewed it for half a season, they clearly have not given up on killing the show as next fall it moves to Fridays at 8:30 with "Whitney" as it's lead in.

Loved the bookends. Liked Chang, but for me, episodes that include a lot of Chang are the weakest.

#sixseasonsandamovie

I do wonder if they would've done more with the dark timeline if they knew they would be coming back. They had so many other elements they passed on. Starburn's (yay!he's alive) one armed lawyer (Jeff being a lawyer and only having 1 arm in the dark timeline) the strange appearance of Vice Dean John Goodman with goatee and ponytail.

fantastic final episodes. Years from now, perhaps we'll be looking back on this show with respect and awe for what is was able to achieve. There has never been a show like this one before, and maybe there will never be one like this again. The show won't ever have MASS appeal, but, I think it can pull in a niche audience. Placing this with Grimm is a good pairing; Whitney, not so much. NBC needs to pair this with another non-traditional sitcom.

#6SeasonsAndaMovie

Last edited by a moderator:
"No one can sit on anything this big."

Dean - "I can sit on it."

:lol:

Loved the final three episodes and agree that the video game episode was a great example of why the show is so unique and why it's struggled to gain a larger audience. With Harmon out and a move to the Friday night grave yard I think the show will be done after next season. Too bad because it's by far the most original, unique and hilarious comedy on TV.

"No one can sit on anything this big."Dean - "I can sit on it." :lol: Loved the final three episodes and agree that the video game episode was a great example of why the show is so unique and why it's struggled to gain a larger audience. With Harmon out and a move to the Friday night grave yard I think the show will be done after next season. Too bad because it's by far the most original, unique and hilarious comedy on TV.
"I guess there's no hug button""Troy and Abed shooting lasers"

Wow, Harmon gone will be a huge loss; was a very nice 3 episode marathon to go out on though. As a video game nerd, that video game episode may be my favourite episode yet.

I guess a show about people at a community college shouldn't last forever, but to not let Harmon see it out is a dbag move. Why even keep it? God I love/hate TV right now. Can I please, please just pay for the #### I want? My link

I guess a show about people at a community college shouldn't last forever, but to not let Harmon see it out is a dbag move. Why even keep it? God I love/hate TV right now. Can I please, please just pay for the #### I want? My link
my guess is that NBC likes the cast and the setting, but they probably want to go in a direction that Harmon does not.

my guess is that NBC likes the cast and the setting, but they probably want to go in a direction that Harmon does not.
There's also the Harmon-Chevy Chase feud that had gotten real nasty. I don't know if both could've returned given everything that went down. Maybe NBC sided with Chase (which would be stupid in my opinion and I think Chevy's great on the show).

Real good article illustrating the difficulty "Community" will have without Harmon and referencing several other shows which lost their primary creative voices and were never really the same. As a fan of "The Walking Dead," I think that show has improved quite a bit since Frank Darabont was fired (and I thought the show was great with him) but that definitely appears to be the exception.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread