What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Cowboys Offseason Thread. 4th pick overall (2 Viewers)

Not exactly sure what we missed out on today.  :shrug:
Only thing i think we missed the boat on was Miller. 4 yrs / $ 26 mil isn't a bad deal for a 24 yr old RB IMO.

How much faith do you have in current roster ?, or do they get Elliot. ?

I think you can drop a few slots and still get him if someone is interested in moving up.

When healthy the current roster can hang with anybody. The front office is doing just fine, they learned a few lessons last year. Surely there is a target or two in FA. Hopefully more attention is paid to the backups on offense. More studs on defense would be nice. I'm hoping for defense early and often in the draft.

S. Jones is on record saying that they prefer to let FA settle down after a day or two, that they didn't want to overpay for a FA so I'm not surprised that they are going after these guys in the first day or two. They need to spend their money wisely.

Tex

Only thing i think we missed the boat on was Miller. 4 yrs / $ 26 mil isn't a bad deal for a 24 yr old RB IMO.

How much faith do you have in current roster ?, or do they get Elliot. ?

I think you can drop a few slots and still get him if someone is interested in moving up.
The price would have likely been higher and probably in a bidding war............draft a RB is the best route to take.

Tex

Nothing, but vent, share, scream.....do something.  What's bugging you the most right now?
Not getting Miller upsets me. 

Colbolt thinking that I have control over personnel decisions with the Cowboys. He's really upset with me that I personally signed that doosh Hardy. He then took it to a personal level and declared that I'm what's wrong with the world today, all  because I wasn't in the room when Hardy did or didn't beat his GF and can't speak on the authenticity of Hardy's ex-GFs account of what transpired. 

Im concerned with letting all our corners go. 

Im STILL waiting for a replacement for Darren Woodson. 

We need another WR and im sour-ing on Dez. I like his passion and I have never thought his "explosions" or antics were/are a bad thing. They certainly aren't the distraction the media likes to convey. It's more about his inability to make the easy catches on 3rd down, and how he can be shut out of game. Not sure if that's a Romo thing, a Dez thing, or a scheme thing. It's a issue. 

Signed Cedrick Thornton from the Eagles. Good run stuffer and takes on double teams. Should be a decent 1T starter and rotation guy.

With how quiet they are with Free agent RB's my hope is they are targeting Elliott with the 4th pick. One can hope....

Colbolt thinking that I have control over personnel decisions with the Cowboys. He's really upset with me that I personally signed that doosh Hardy. He then took it to a personal level and declared that I'm what's wrong with the world today, all  because I wasn't in the room when Hardy did or didn't beat his GF and can't speak on the authenticity of Hardy's ex-GFs account of what transpired. 
Yeah, I get you don't make decisions.  It's more about a mysoginist ### with your comments about women and proposing the ludicrous theory that Nicole Holder punched herself.  I'm glad you got that all off your chest.

Yeah, I get you don't make decisions.  It's more about a mysoginist ### with your comments about women and proposing the ludicrous theory that Nicole Holder punched herself.  I'm glad you got that all off your chest.
First off, were you in the room? Were you in the court room?

If the answer is no to both of these then questions, then what the hell are you talking about? I stated that who knows WTF happened in that room. The chances of Hardy throwing her on a couch full of guns is far higher then her beating her self up for BOATLOADS of cash but get off your high horse if you don't think woman cant be that calculating. That was all I said and you lost your mind. Went off on some tangent about how I'm enabling domestic violence.

And second, it's spelled misogynist. If you're going to pretend to know me and have a conniption fit, hurling insults for speculative conjuncture, at least have the common decency to spell the hurtful, spiteful word correctly.

After all, we are gentlemen.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, were you in the room? Were you in the court room?

If the answer is no to both of these then questions, then what the hell are you talking about? I stated that who knows WTF happened in that room. The chances of Hardy throwing her on a couch full of guns is far higher then her beating her self up for BOATLOADS of cash but get off your high horse if you don't think woman cant be that calculating. That was all I said and you lost your mind. Went off on some tangent about how I'm enabling domestic violence.
Why not just say "people"?  Are women more calculating and devious than men?  If so, please continue, I'd like to know more.  

Why not just say "people"?  Are women more calculating and devious than men?  If so, please continue, I'd like to know more.  
You know, they way they always be trying to get pregnant, and trap men.

And you know, the way they be throwing themselves on automatic weapons, always trying to get paid.  You see it every day......:yawn:

Am I the only person surprised that we only received a 4th and 2 6th round compensatory picks?  

I was hoping for a 3rd rd in there somewhere. But in the back of my mind, I didn't think we would get it. What were you thinking?

Long signs with Pats. good IMO.

I still want Zeke at 4.

Thinking that 4 QB's go rd 1 - Wentz, Goff, Lynch and Cook.

can we get Prescott in the 3rd or the Penn St kid in round 4 ?

Bankerguy said:
Vacationing in Jamaica and nothing but Eagles fans at our Resort. Grrr
You shouldn't have to be vacationing around all those smelly, non attractive people.....

Tony Homo and Dallas sucks were the most popular responses. It was riveting dialog. Sigh...
I would like to say there are only a few bad apples, but that's probably not true. Some of us Eagle fans may be moronic, but at least we're passionate!

The Raiders also declined to match our offer to Benson Mayowa, so now he's ours. We spent a bit of guaranteed money on him, so it seems we like him quite a bit.

Mayowa

I don't mind the Morris signing. My only problem with Morris and Dunbar is the one dimensional part of their games. Plays are predictable.  This is what I like about Zeke....well rounded and plays 3 downs.

I don't mind the Morris signing. My only problem with Morris and Dunbar is the one dimensional part of their games. Plays are predictable.  This is what I like about Zeke....well rounded and plays 3 downs.
Agree about the 1-dimension to all their individual games, but I like the combo at the cheap price. I think Zeke at #4 is too high a price to pay, even though he looks like he could be great. RB is devalued in today's NFL and I agree with that approach.

I would still say it doesn't mean they don't draft Booker, Dixon, etc, later in the draft...just not Zeke at #4, IMO.

Morris is a fairly good pass blocker so it doesn't mean that they have to run when he's in the game. He's just not much of a weapon in the passing game.

Morris is a fairly good pass blocker so it doesn't mean that they have to run when he's in the game. He's just not much of a weapon in the passing game.
Someone else in another thread posted about his success rate on carries inside the 5-yard line...something like 40%. I wouldn't mind having a solution around the goal line, but also on those 3rd and 1's that Murray was so great at, but that we struggled with last year.

Maybe true but at least the starting RB is not one dimensional.

Loving the Robinson signing (Im assuming the money is fair as its this "late" in the FA proess). I think hell be pretty damn solid and now have some leverage to tell Carr to take a pay cut or take a hike.

Is it just me or is it evey CB or safety seems to be horrible once they are playing for dallas. Doesn't matter if we draft them or get them via FA. Its

remarkable how much problem they have finding anyone who can cover.....

Is it just me or is it evey CB or safety seems to be horrible once they are playing for dallas. Doesn't matter if we draft them or get them via FA. Its

remarkable how much problem they have finding anyone who can cover.....
For me it speaks volumes to the lack of a pass rush, essentially since Ware was paired with Greg Ellis. 

Having awful play at safety also doesn't help. 

Tony Homo and Dallas sucks were the most popular responses. It was riveting dialog. Sigh...
lol, i was in Jamaica a week before, found out the news that Bradford getting resigned from a bunch of Canadiens. Who would have figured the Cowboys have a fan base in Canada, but you guys most certainly do

lol, i was in Jamaica a week before, found out the news that Bradford getting resigned from a bunch of Canadiens. Who would have figured the Cowboys have a fan base in Canada, but you guys most certainly do
Yes, us CanadiAns like Football. Weird.

Here is what I think our front office is thinking...

1. Bosa. I think S Jones is in love with him.

2. QB. Wentz then Goff. Both are good fits.

3. Trade down for Zeke.

I really cannot see anything else unless Ramsey drops, which I doubt.

Over the last 2 weeks I've seen a few 2017 mock drafts with the Cowboys taking a running back (Fournette). Which makes even more since now. Morris is a two year deal, D-Mac is gone after this year.

Plus 2017 has some killer backs coming out!

Imagine Fournette behind this line!!!!!!!!!

Tex

CB Patrick Robinson, who came close to signing in Dallas, will visit the #Colts tomorrow, source said.

- Ian Rapoport

LOL

Over the last 2 weeks I've seen a few 2017 mock drafts with the Cowboys taking a running back (Fournette). Which makes even more since now. Morris is a two year deal, D-Mac is gone after this year.
You're not seeing a mock draft, no matter what some guy on Reddit calls it.  What you're seeing is an assumption of need going into 2017 paired with guys who are eligible to come out of college.  

Here is what I think our front office is thinking...

1. Bosa. I think S Jones is in love with him.

2. QB. Wentz then Goff. Both are good fits.

3. Trade down for Zeke.

I really cannot see anything else unless Ramsey drops, which I doubt.
Can't say I'm in love with Bosa.

if Cleveland passes on Wentz, I'm having a hard time with the idea of passing on him.  Feeling there is lower ceiling on Goff, so I'd be ok if we passed on him and traded down. Not sure we can trade down past 8 to get Z.  

cobalt_27 said:
Can't say I'm in love with Bosa.

if Cleveland passes on Wentz, I'm having a hard time with the idea of passing on him.  Feeling there is lower ceiling on Goff, so I'd be ok if we passed on him and traded down. Not sure we can trade down past 8 to get Z.  
I think the cowboys will end up taking bosa, next year at this time we will be shaking our heads at who we passed on for this guy I have a bad feeling.....

Anyone else want to speculate on what we are going to do?
I would assume jerruhs son will make a good pick in the first, like he has the last several years. That pick at the 4 would be Ramsey, Bosa, or Jack IMO. Even tho i like ramsey the most, im not sure they need help there as much as their pass rush, or a stud LB, but it def wouldnt be a bad pick if hes there to take ramsey

Users who are viewing this thread