What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Delete Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Okay, I have to clarify something. Why are you going to write the ending (epilogue) and first chapter first?

You need to have an ending in mind to know where your story finishes, but are books usually written like that?

Beginning and end written, then fill in the middle?
PrologueI was very drunk last night
Thanks for the update. So now you're leaving, right?
Yeah. I got things to do

Bye

Okay, I have to clarify something. Why are you going to write the ending (epilogue) and first chapter first?

You need to have an ending in mind to know where your story finishes, but are books usually written like that?

PrologueI was very drunk last night
So, no book then?
There will be. This has been on my mind for a long time.

I really have to get off the boards though

Sometimes. :shrug:

But I'm guessing he meant prologue.

ETA: I hope he uses apostrophes.
He believes that "apostrophes" is a synonym for "disciples", as in Jesus and his 12 apostrophes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should title the book 'A Bag of D!cks'. It will be about a dystopian society where strange men pay to participate in a sordid 'fight club' type atmosphere, fighting to submission with various sex toys. Your protagonist, MC Licknass, is at odds with himself; hiding this sordid double life from his family and friends. He knows that his career as the owner of a company that rents out clowns for birthday parties would be destroyed if his horrible demons ever came to light. The climax of the book comes once he has reached the apex of the secret society, having won the title and secretly having fallen in love with another man, (the local parish priest, who only reciprocates in a sexual way, not emotional) he decides to throw caution to the wind and expose his double life for all to see.

Get to it, buddy! This would make a helluva novel!

You should title the book 'A Bag of D!cks'. It will be about a dystopian society where strange men pay to participate in a sordid 'fight club' type atmosphere, fighting to submission with various sex toys. Your protagonist, MC Licknass, is at odds with himself; hiding this sordid double life from his family and friends. He knows that his career as the owner of a company that rents out clowns for birthday parties would be destroyed if his horrible demons ever came to light. The climax of the book comes once he has reached the apex of the secret society, having won the title and secretly having fallen in love with another man, (the local parish priest, who only reciprocates in a sexual way, not emotional) he decides to throw caution to the wind and expose his double life for all to see.

This is almost exactly the same plot as Sense and Sensibility.

Imagine if you put half this much effort into finding meaningful employment...
Yeah, someplace with no internet.
If halfway houses have wi-fi, is there even such a place?
I want his ### loading 80lb hay bales all day, like you would do 50 years ago if you were broke. No time to whine on some message board, you're too busy hustling and doing something positive.I suddenly have respect for Eminence. All shtick aside, and it's enough to gorge the FFA for a decade, dude is trying hard and not making excuses.

I think Kubrick did a movie like this once

Imagine if you put half this much effort into finding meaningful employment...
Yeah, someplace with no internet.
If halfway houses have wi-fi, is there even such a place?
I want his ### loading 80lb hay bales all day, like you would do 50 years ago if you were broke. No time to whine on some message board, you're too busy hustling and doing something positive.I suddenly have respect for Eminence. All shtick aside, and it's enough to gorge the FFA for a decade, dude is trying hard and not making excuses.
Sonuva#####! You stole my idea for a Monday thread. Screw it. I'm still gonna do it.

Exactly.

I hope this isn't a cleverly hidden way of revealing the script for Star Wars episode VII.

I hope this isn't a cleverly hidden way of revealing the script for Star Wars episode VII.
Yeah, I forgot to tell everyone that i am really JJ Abrams. You got me.

Your new thread reminded me of your book threads, figured I'd ask how that went.Worrying about protecting your intellectual property before writing anything.

Worrying about the title you'll put on your business cards before actually selling anything.

Only thing you've followed through on seems to be your future MIL's kitchen wall (and you did a nice job there, btw)

Your new thread reminded me of your book threads, figured I'd ask how that went.Worrying about protecting your intellectual property before writing anything.

Worrying about the title you'll put on your business cards before actually selling anything.

Only thing you've followed through on seems to be your future MIL's kitchen wall (and you did a nice job there, btw)
I felt some creative energy coming. Instead of writing it was my drawing coming back. I misread the signals.

This company isnt even something im planning, it is already done.

The company is registered and I ordered my stock.

If you doubt it I understand. The store will be open in a couple weeks either way.

This company isnt even something im planning, it is already done.

The company is registered and I ordered my stock.
Whew! How does it feel to be DONE with ALL the work?! Congrats!!!
The starting up is done. I worked practically nonstop this last month designing, researching and planning.

This business doesnt really feel like work. I enjoy it. The only part that was hard was finding the confidence in myself to do it.

I feel happier now than I probably ever have in my life.

Even if this venture completely bombs I will still be proud of myself for taking the chance.

Yes, I think that's still illegal. Check with the mods to make sure, but don't go overboard like asking for the whole thread to be deleted or something OTT silly.

Users who are viewing this thread