What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** Detroit Tigers 2007 Thread (2 Viewers)

I honestly think this year is more impressive than last year because we have never been healthy from the start. The bullpen issues really hurt all year. It has never been stable, even after Rodney and Zumaya came back. The starting pitching was inconsistent, and really missed the steady hand and experience of Rogers. The hitting has been even more inconsistent than the pitching. All of this, and we are still going to be around 90 wins. I also think Leyland was below par as far as his decision making this year.
There were a lot of setbacks this year and things never really seemed to come together. Hopefully next year is better.What this does point out, though, is how disappointing last year's WS was. Last year was one of those magical years and they should have won the WS. Its so disappointing how they blew it in the WS. Chances like that don't come around very often.

was a long rant on the radio yesterday by Valenti on 1270 about going after Edgar Renteria(sp?) - SS - Atl.

So besides adressing shortstop and moving guillen first do we:

Resign Kenny?

exercise Pudge's option? Does pudge want more than 1 year?

Resign Todd Jones?

Make Inge what he really is a utiliy infielder and get a legit bat at 3b?

Who is goign to play Left field? Maybin looks too green.

Any good bullpen help available in FA?

Rotation:

Verlander

Bonderman

Robertson ????

A.Miller

Rogers

Jurrjens

30 million a year for 10 years for that one guy that plays third in pinstripes.
I got a feeling he's not going anywhere
Offseason threadAlready started the offseason thread and put some info in there. I think we need to see what happens with a few guys over the next few weeks to figure stuff out but I'm guessing they make a big trade to bring another bat in and I'll guarantee you Gary Sheffield will never play the field in 2008. One interesting thing was that the Tigers cliamed Richie Sexon off waivers in August and the Mariners to the surprise of many, pulled him back. I don't think it's a given they get a SS but it is a given we'll see a new player at 1B, SS, or even third. I suggested before that Guillen be moved to third, play Santiago who is :shrug: at SS, and acquire a 1B. Dunno, lots to think about.

There is a lot of good bullpen guys available in FA in the offseason. I think they will bring someone into close and also fill some of the other spots in the bullpen.

Anyway this team had a boatload of injuries and were still in it right down to the wire. I don't think they will fall off, I think they will be a lot better next year and I thought they'd win 89 this year and be fighting for a playoff spot. If they add a few guys via FA and patch up the bullpen they will be better next year. A lot better. Also if you didn't notice we got this thread to 51 pages more than the Yankees, Red Sox, and three times as many as the Indians. We have some pretty good fans on this site IMO.

Also if you didn't notice we got this thread to 51 pages more than the Yankees, Red Sox, and three times as many as the Indians. We have some pretty good fans on this site IMO.
:lmao: Dude, you guys have more play by play stuff in here than any other thread. And way more one liner and single emot posts. You do get alot of visitors too :lmao: .Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great showing by Tiger Fans this weekend as all three games sold out. Team broke an all-time team attendance record this year and to see people excited about baseball is a great feeling. I don't think the season was a disappointment by any means and the future is very bright. All those injuries and the crappy bullpen will not be a factor next year. Team showed a lot of heart all season and I'm really proud to be a fan of this organization after all those years I wore my Tiger gear and got dogged without a defense.

Doctor Detroit said:
Great showing by Tiger Fans this weekend as all three games sold out. Team broke an all-time team attendance record this year and to see people excited about baseball is a great feeling. I don't think the season was a disappointment by any means and the future is very bright. All those injuries and the crappy bullpen will not be a factor next year. Team showed a lot of heart all season and I'm really proud to be a fan of this organization after all those years I wore my Tiger gear and got dogged without a defense.
:thumbup: :towelwave:

The Tigers looked so good for parts of the first half that I do not see a ton of changes being made this offseason. I think that they will add a bat to play 1st and/or 3rd and some bullpen help.

The second half of the season has been a mess, but to watch important games late into the season is a nice change. Too bad so many of those games ended poorly.

Heres to a great offseason, and an even better 08. (hopefully Capella free)

Injuries are part of the game but we do have a few offseason questions.

Headed down in a bit to root them on tonight and give them a cheer for making beisbol relevant in Detroit again.

Congrats to Cleveland and their fans.

Tremendous Upside said:
Capella said:
(hopefully Capella free)
:excited: :)DrD has no problem with the smack during the year. He's a big boy, he can handle it.
Yes, but is he LenDale White big?
No I've been laying off the deep fried candy bars.Seriously, who the hell thought of taking a candy bar and deep frying it? That's ####### ridiculous. Tigers are one game away from being mathematically eliminated. On the bright side I'm one game away from being on a normal sleep schedule.

Tremendous Upside said:
Capella said:
(hopefully Capella free)
:cry: :violin:DrD has no problem with the smack during the year. He's a big boy, he can handle it.
Yes, but is he LenDale White big?
No I've been laying off the deep fried candy bars.Seriously, who the hell thought of taking a candy bar and deep frying it? That's ####### ridiculous. Tigers are one game away from being mathematically eliminated. On the bright side I'm one game away from being on a normal sleep schedule.
ever have a deep fried twinkie? excellent

Also if you didn't notice we got this thread to 51 pages more than the Yankees, Red Sox, and three times as many as the Indians. We have some pretty good fans on this site IMO.
Who posted in: ** Official ** Detroit Tigers 2007 Thread

Poster Posts

Doctor Detroit 677

Greco 320

whoknew 205

meeka 175

bicycle_seat_sniffer 163

Anthony Borbely 120

lions327 93

SofaKings 64

Bobcat10 58

Leroy Hoard 54

Green94 39

steviey 37

JohnDoe 31

Da Guru 27

igbomb 25

wadegarrett 22

Bob Henry 22

Ilov80s 21

D-BO 20

jabarony 19

Capella 17

wilked 17

Power Monster 14

mulliganm 14

RedRaiders 12

Limp Ditka 12

tribecalledjeff 11

ThisGuy 10

Widbil83 10

:lmao:

Poster Posts

Doctor Detroit 677

Greco 320

whoknew 205

meeka 175

bicycle_seat_sniffer 163

Anthony Borbely 120

lions327 93

SofaKings 64

Bobcat10 58

Leroy Hoard 54

Green94 39

steviey 37

JohnDoe 31

Da Guru 27

igbomb 25

wadegarrett 22

Bob Henry 22

Ilov80s 21

D-BO 20

jabarony 19

Capella 17

wilked 17

Power Monster 14

mulliganm 14

RedRaiders 12

Limp Ditka 12

tribecalledjeff 11

ThisGuy 10

Widbil83 10

:confused:

Poster Posts

Doctor Detroit 677

Greco 320

whoknew 205

meeka 175

bicycle_seat_sniffer 163

Anthony Borbely 120

lions327 93

SofaKings 64

Bobcat10 58

Leroy Hoard 54

Green94 39

steviey 37

JohnDoe 31

Da Guru 27

igbomb 25

wadegarrett 22

Bob Henry 22

Ilov80s 21

D-BO 20

jabarony 19

Capella 17

wilked 17

Power Monster 14

mulliganm 14

RedRaiders 12

Limp Ditka 12

tribecalledjeff 11

ThisGuy 10

Widbil83 10

I highlighted the Tigers fans above. Without my posts this thread would still be the same as the Red Sox. Where would that one be without Wilked? My original point was to just thank the fans for following Tigers baseball. Obviously you are trying to make some statement here but as usual, it's not all that cogent. Nice :lmao: effort here though. :confused:

Only because you seem to give a ####...You do realize this is 2 seasons of threads rolled up into one (vs. Sox thread being one season).Posts per day:Det - 7.4Bos - 11.4I am sure you will come up with a witty retort to this one though to boost that :fishing:

Only because you seem to give a ####...You do realize this is 2 seasons of threads rolled up into one (vs. Sox thread being one season).Posts per day:Det - 7.4Bos - 11.4I am sure you will come up with a witty retort to this one though to boost that :hijacked:
Thanks for answering my question in the other thread. :bye: :no:This thread started on October 28th of last year genius. That's not two seasons. :lmao:

Has it come so far that we're measuring posts per day to determine who has "better" fans here?
:thumbup:Belive me, I don't agree with
just clearing up the misconception
You are the reason people like me absolutely despise the Red Sux. You really took an innocuous comment and turned it into some sort of campaign. Also I think TU was talking to you. Keep bringing that solid probability analysis to the forum. We are all a little dumber reading your posts.

Has it come so far that we're measuring posts per day to determine who has "better" fans here?
:DBelive me, I don't agree with
just clearing up the misconception
You are the reason people like me absolutely despise the Red Sux. You really took an innocuous comment and turned it into some sort of campaign. Also I think TU was talking to you. Keep bringing that solid probability analysis to the forum. We are all a little dumber reading your posts.
lol...keep resisting the SABRmetrics if you would like, but you are quickly becoming a minority in that regard

Since being 21 games over .500 on July 19th, the Tigers have gone 29-36
Next year will be an interesting one for the Tigers I think...somehow I think the team will not be as strong, but perhaps they make some good signings. They do need some pitching help, but have a strong lineup.

I'm really proud to be a fan of this organization after all those years I wore my Tiger gear.
Which jersey did you wear?John WockenfussTom BrookensDave BergmanChet LemonDoyle Alexander
I've never had a Tigers jersey with the name on the back. Of those Chet Lemon and John Wockenfuss would be my two favorites and I'd add Auerilio Lopez, Frank Tanana, Barbaro Garbay, Rob Deer, Mike Henneman, Brian Hunter, Felipe Lira, and my my man Darrell Evans.

Frank Tanana
I don't recall FT playing for the Tigers.He will always be a California Angel to me (as well as Brian Downing and Chris Knaap).
There was a pre-injury and post-injury Frank Tanana and they were both fun to watch. The Angels pre-injury version was a flame throwing strikeout pitcher and the post injury Tiger version was Jamie Moyer like. I never really saw the pre-injury version but I heard/read he was a beast when he threw a 97 mph fastball.

Some perspective amongst sports: In the NBA or NHL teams like the Tigers would be a 5 seed ready to play a best of 5 or 7 against the Yankees, who would be a 4 seed.

well the Tigers weren't eliminated from the playoffs until Sept 26th, No too bad considering where we were 2 years ago.

Still havent made the playoffs in back to back seasons since before WW2.

Cant wait for the hot stove to get going

:cry:

First game of the '07 season that ***offically*** doesn't mean anything. Maybe Leyland will rest some players? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread