What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dez Bryant (1 Viewer)

No Patrick Peterson this week to completely shut him down
Peterson's having a pretty poor season, maybe chill out with the belated chest thumping.
He's having a terrible season. Not sure what that has to do with completely locking down Dez last week?
Weeden. You think in the middle of a terrible season he just randomly shut down Dez? Come on. Peterson can be the best CB in the league, but he's not playing like it this year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Great insight.

Cramping, took an IV, according to Goose, which means nothing. ;)
Happens a lot to Dez, I chalked it up to the heat earlier in the season but now I'm wondering if it's a conditioning issue. He takes a lot of pays off during the game too.

Rotoworld:

Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys

Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he hopes to have walk-year WR Dez Bryant finish his career in Dallas.

Jones confirmed the sides have had "serious" contract talks. Jones' son, Stephen, says the Cowboys have made some "really nice" offers, and are confident the sides will come to an accord. For his part, Bryant has said he'd be "highly disappointed" to be franchise tagged. DeMarcus Ware notwithstanding, Jerry rarely lets homegrown talent get away. Bryant should remain with Big D for 2015 and beyond.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Nov 11 - 10:16 PM

What are people getting for Dez? I can't seem to get anyone to accept any of my trade offers involving him. Running out of time to trade.

What are people getting for Dez? I can't seem to get anyone to accept any of my trade offers involving him. Running out of time to trade.
Why would you trade a stud coming off a studly game down the stretch run for a playoff spot and for a contract?

I would be trying to trade for him, not trade him away. He has scored in 7 of 10 games, that type of consistency doesn't grow on trees.

Alkahsu said:
I have Cobb. Dec owner wants to trade straight up bc of dez bye.

I prefer cobb rest of season, so I don't think I'll do it

Jerry Curl said:
Alkahsu said:
Why would you trade a stud coming off a studly game down the stretch run for a playoff spot and for a contract?

I would be trying to trade for him, not trade him away. He has scored in 7 of 10 games, that type of consistency doesn't grow on trees.
I'm weak at RB and I have Brown, Cobb and Sanders as my other WRs. I also have Gordon, but I'm not going to rely on him. I wish I could just start all WR and not have to worry about RB.

Jerry Curl said:
Alkahsu said:

I'm weak at RB and I have Brown, Cobb and Sanders as my other WRs. I also have Gordon, but I'm not going to rely on him. I wish I could just start all WR and not have to worry about RB.
I would move Sanders or Gordon for a RB instead of Dez.

Rotoworld:

Dez Bryant caught seven passes for 86 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday night's Week 12 win over the Giants.

The Giants held Bryant in check in the first half, shadowing him with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for most of the game. He was left wide open on a 31-yard catch and run for his first score, and caught the game-winning touchdown with just over a minute in the fourth quarter. Bryant is now up to a 63/879/10 line this season. He'll be a top-three option against the Eagles secondary on Thursday.

Nov 24 - 1:20 AM

Rotoworld:

Dez Bryant caught four passes for 73 yards in Thursday's Week 13 loss to the Eagles.
Bryant was held out of the end-zone for the first time in four weeks. He made a contested 38-yard catch over Bradley Fletcher in the first quarter, but was otherwise held in check. Bryant is on pace for an 89/1,269/13 through 12 games. He'll be a high-end WR1 for next week's matchup with the Bears.

Nov 27 - 8:42 PM

This was a game where Dez should have seen 12+ targets (he saw 7). He appeared to have trouble getting separation and could not find the endzone. This seems to be his m.o. With Dallas determined to run the ball 50% of the time he is becoming end zone reliant in FF. When matched against corners who match his physicality he has a hard time finding ways to get open. Obviously on pace for some good numbers however not having the year I anticipated. No matter how you look at it 9/12 games under 100 yards is disappointing for what many anticipated being a monster year.................5/12 under 65 yards is even more disappointing. Thank goodness he is getting into the end zone and hopefully at least that continues.

This was a game where Dez should have seen 12+ targets (he saw 7). He appeared to have trouble getting separation and could not find the endzone. This seems to be his m.o. With Dallas determined to run the ball 50% of the time he is becoming end zone reliant in FF. When matched against corners who match his physicality he has a hard time finding ways to get open. Obviously on pace for some good numbers however not having the year I anticipated. No matter how you look at it 9/12 games under 100 yards is disappointing for what many anticipated being a monster year.................5/12 under 65 yards is even more disappointing. Thank goodness he is getting into the end zone and hopefully at least that continues.
I'l; continue to say it, you can have a great runner and it helps you win games, but when you have an elite talent at WR and you avoid that because you think your RB will break 40 yarders is stupid of the Cowboys. They ran 13 on 14 first down plays at one point. Thats not good play calling thats tipping your hand. 2nd and 6 clearly wasnt a better spot for them. Run, Run, Pass... Run, Run, Pass will get beat 9 times out of 10.

I'l; continue to say it, you can have a great runner and it helps you win games, but when you have an elite talent at WR and you avoid that because you think your RB will break 40 yarders is stupid of the Cowboys. They ran 13 on 14 first down plays at one point. Thats not good play calling thats tipping your hand. 2nd and 6 clearly wasnt a better spot for them. Run, Run, Pass... Run, Run, Pass will get beat 9 times out of 10.
Agreed. At this level it is embarrassing and inexcusable to be that predictable.

In games that Dallas lost, Dez has not gotten his. When he has gotten his, they won. Its almost as if the Cowboys are listening to the media hype that Murray is the reason this team wins. He is a great runner and that is a major part to this teams success. But Bryant is the real key to this teams success. I do not care if he is triple covered, feed him.

Heres my opinion on Mr. Bryant...

If Romo isn't hurt (looked like it Thurs)... Dez is going to win ALOT of teams titles the next 3 weeks. He should absolutely roast chicago on thursday and than gets 10 days to rest up for Philly. I thought he was open about 6-8 times (like really really nfl open) and romo either didn't see him or get it to him. I'm expecting he torches them week 15 too. Should be an interesting ride as always with Dez!!

If Romo isn't hurt (looked like it Thurs)... Dez is going to win ALOT of teams titles the next 3 weeks. He should absolutely roast chicago on thursday and than gets 10 days to rest up for Philly. I thought he was open about 6-8 times (like really really nfl open) and romo either didn't see him or get it to him. I'm expecting he torches them week 15 too. Should be an interesting ride as always with Dez!!
I feel the same way. Dez is an emotional player, and he's going to want the ball A LOT over the next few weeks. We all know how it goes when he gets fired up. I have a feeling Romo is going to feed him a lot...

The Cowboys face the Eagles in a rematch in 16 days, which will ostensibly be Dallas' final shot to remain in the NFC East title race. Bryant said he's looking forward to turning the tables in Round 2.

"I'm really not mad at all," Bryant said. "They beat us and I'm going to accept that, but (expletive) can't wait, but not looking past Chicago (on Dec. 4), but I cannot wait to go up there and play (Philadelphia) again, cannot wait."

31st-ranked pass defense in the league. Have to think Dez goes off in a big way Thursday night.

And yes I realize the Eagles' pass D also stinks and Dez should've lit them up too.

Over the course of the rest of the year, Dez will play big and be featured more. You can just see it. A couple of years ago, it was the Bears/Cowboys game that precipitated the spark when Dez Bryan became Dez Bryant. I think there is something in this matchup that the Cowboys like. I expect to see some play actions that leads to a couple of huge plays for Dez this weekend and this will be the catalyst for the rest of the season.

31st-ranked pass defense in the league. Have to think Dez goes off in a big way Thursday night.

And yes I realize the Eagles' pass D also stinks and Dez should've lit them up too.
The difference this week is that the Cowboys can manage the 3rd down scenarios they couldn't on Thursday.

The difference this week is that the Cowboys can manage the 3rd down scenarios they couldn't on Thursday.
The difference this week is they have an entire week to prepare and for Romo to get healthy. Those extra 4 days is huge.

Romo should still force it to Dez if all 11 guys on the field are covering him. Murray is a good running back, but Dez is the elite talent on this team. Stop this run, run, pass crap. Ther eason people on TV are analysts are because they dont have a job in the NFL, stop listening to them too when they say the key to Cowboys winning is Murray. It isnt. When Dez performs, Cowboys win. When Murray performs, the Cowboys still can lose.

The difference this week is they have an entire week to prepare and for Romo to get healthy. Those extra 4 days is huge.
True but I don't think there's any excuse for the s**tstorm the Cowboys dropped on Thanksgiving. That was a pathetic offensive showing against a really bad pass defense.

I do think Dez bounces back in a big way this week, though. Can't see him having two underwhelming games in a row and more importantly the Cowboys can't afford to trip on their d***s again. They need to win this game and Dez against a putrid pass defense should be an easy way to do it.

Hate to say it but Romo is KILLING his value. He is wide the F open on those corners for 15-20 and Romo checks down to Murray for 6. He beat the corner/safety so bad on his 40 yard grab it should have been a walking 65 yard TD (wouldn't that of been nice) but no, he has to go high point the ball over two defenders cause noodle arm can't get him the ball. He was wide open on the slant in the end zone and romo led him right into Conte.

To me, Dez looks as good as ever & Romo looks like his arm can't make 1/2 the throws he used to make? I mean I know he put up good numbers and threw multiple tds and got the W so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but Dez could have easily had 150+ the last two weeks imo.

Hate to say it but Romo is KILLING his value. He is wide the F open on those corners for 15-20 and Romo checks down to Murray for 6. He beat the corner/safety so bad on his 40 yard grab it should have been a walking 65 yard TD (wouldn't that of been nice) but no, he has to go high point the ball over two defenders cause noodle arm can't get him the ball. He was wide open on the slant in the end zone and romo led him right into Conte.

To me, Dez looks as good as ever & Romo looks like his arm can't make 1/2 the throws he used to make? I mean I know he put up good numbers and threw multiple tds and got the W so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but Dez could have easily had 150+ the last two weeks imo.
I have a lot invested in both these players and have been watching them a long time. It would be easy for me to pile on here with what you are saying but I have to disagree. Just trying to be realistic, this was just one of those games where the Cowboys actually game planned extremely well and knew what was there, what was needed, and what they could get...and they did it all night. THey knew when to go to Witten and Beasley. THey knew the Bears couldn't stop the run. It was just all there.

In short, they didn't NEED Dez to have a huge game last night and in real life, unless you are the Broncos or Saints or a couple of other teams, they don't seem to care about getting elite fantasy players their numbers as much as we do.

On the bright side: they WILL NEED Dez next week and Cary Williams is ultra-burnable. If the COwboys learned anything from last week, they will exploit this area of the game. Even if they lose the game, Dez and Romo should have good numbers next week.

If nothing else, this is an excellent set-up game. A week + to prepare and the Eagles have to be thinking that they must slow down Murray because that's when the Cowboys are at their best and can pick their poison on how to kill teams. Maybe the Eagle prepare to limit the run game and force the Cowboys into the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious Romo's arm strength is significantly less this season. He is repeatedly under throwing on deep passes and doesn't even try to drive the ball into small windows like he did in the past.

It's obvious Romo's arm strength is significantly less this season. He is repeatedly under throwing on deep passes and doesn't even try to drive the ball into small windows like he did in the past.
Did I hear him say in the post game the he (Romo) has a rib injury (in addition to his back injury)?

I agree though, he doesn't look right. I believe he is playing under intense pressure from the Owner to do so.

I have a lot invested in both these players and have been watching them a long time. It would be easy for me to pile on here with what you are saying but I have to disagree. Just trying to be realistic, this was just one of those games where the Cowboys actually game planned extremely well and knew what was there, what was needed, and what they could get...and they did it all night. THey knew when to go to Witten and Beasley. THey knew the Bears couldn't stop the run. It was just all there.

In short, they didn't NEED Dez to have a huge game last night and in real life, unless you are the Broncos or Saints or a couple of other teams, they don't seem to care about getting elite fantasy players their numbers as much as we do.

On the bright side: they WILL NEED Dez next week and Cary Williams is ultra-burnable. If the COwboys learned anything from last week, they will exploit this area of the game. Even if they lose the game, Dez and Romo should have good numbers next week.

If nothing else, this is an excellent set-up game. A week + to prepare and the Eagles have to be thinking that they must slow down Murray because that's when the Cowboys are at their best and can pick their poison on how to kill teams. Maybe the Eagle prepare to limit the run game and force the Cowboys into the air.
This is the fantasy playoffs, there is no next week for me if I don't score enough this week. I have the better team, but Dan freakin Bailey scored neck and neck with Bryant. Sheeesh!

There was one play around midfield where Dez ran a slant between two defenders both of whom were about 4-5 yards off him. Romo checked to Murray instead. During the replay they showed it again and Simms said no one was open. Dez had nobody within 4-5 yards of him. That's wide-### open in the NFL. Especially for someone like Dez with his ability to make plays after the catch. Just a really frustrating night. Three catches on the first series and it looked like he was headed for a huge game then pretty much little involvement after that. Terrible way to kick off such a critical week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM PRAYING TO GOD HE GOES SOMEWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN DALLAS!
Careful what you wish for. Grass isn't always greener. He might end up in Arizona just in time for them to go through a two year QB rebuild and waste his best years.

I want him to stay because I'm comfortable with the norm (Yeah, I know we are all crying about a 12-14 point night out of a WR that has been top 7-8 overall, all year...turds happen...what a 1st world problem for us, huh?).

But if he has to leave, where can he go where his value actually goes UP? All the big time reliable QBs have clear #1 guys.

This is the fantasy playoffs, there is no next week for me if I don't score enough this week. I have the better team, but Dan freakin Bailey scored neck and neck with Bryant. Sheeesh!
That's true. Hopefully your team can weather the storm. It wasn't a 2-3 point day, afterall. the dozen or so he got most leagues can still be ok.

I agree Dez didn't kill any of us who have him but this is the second straight week he's come up way under what could reasonably be expected given the great matchups he's had. If this were Weeks 3 and 4 it wouldn't be such a big deal. But in Weeks 13-14 we need our studs to come through like studs. I'm not blaming Dez but he's been an ordinary WR in PPR the last two weeks. That's just not gonna get it done.

That's last 3rd down where they settled for a field goal instead of trying to throw for the td. Dez had single coverage on the outside. That's a td everytime and it would have also sealed the game. I could see why dez was so upset, he knew he would have scored easily just like anyone else that has seen that play 50 times before

Careful what you wish for. Grass isn't always greener. He might end up in Arizona just in time for them to go through a two year QB rebuild and waste his best years.

I want him to stay because I'm comfortable with the norm (Yeah, I know we are all crying about a 12-14 point night out of a WR that has been top 7-8 overall, all year...turds happen...what a 1st world problem for us, huh?).

But if he has to leave, where can he go where his value actually goes UP? All the big time reliable QBs have clear #1 guys.
He could of put up the exact same stats he did last night on any team.

He could of put up the exact same stats he did last night on any team.
yes but the reality is you are being myopic over recent events. Two average (not bad) weeks has got you thinking like this but look at what he ahs done on this Cowboys team for the past three years now. He is stud WR on the COWBOYS. Yes he has down weeks...they all do, but overall, you know what you have with him on the Cowboys and you KNOW Jerry Jones enjoys it quite a bit when Dez has big games. He is the epitome of the Jerry Jones Swagger when he is rocking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread