What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Dwayne Washington, RB, DET (3 Viewers)

I would hope and assume that ball control was addressed with him during the preseason.  I mean, if I were Cooter I wouldn't put the kid in at the goal line for his first (and second) carry of his career if I didn't trust him to hold onto the rock.

All aboard! Someone cut him in dynasty and my crappy team picked him up. FWIW by Detroit homer buddy thinks the guy is real deal and will generate 50/50 split. I literally have never seen him play though. :D

Watching UW highlights. Dude is fast. Kind of has a little Marcus Allen stride to him.

This guy very well end up as the WW pickup of the year when everyone else is going nuts over McKinnon, Asiata, etc.

wow...was somehow able to snag him in  both my leagues last night.  So the opportunity is now there...let's hope he does it on field....

Thinking early down back plus goalline. Riddick remains 3rd down back. Theo isnt really good at running inside but i would have to think that theo gets more chances to run now. Rbbc Between the two. Havent seen if joique bell is offically signed or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Got him in all 4, let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope he's Bryce Brown but with a better head on his shoulders.

Who is starting him this week?
Got him in one league and am seriously considering starting him over Jennings.

In another I missed on him but definitely would have started him over Forsett.

Only week 3 and I'm desperate for an RB in 2 leagues while I wait on Leveon.

Bell will sign and you guys will all be seeing stars, lol, they will work him in. He's familiar with the plays. GL 
If Bell is so good why was he not on the team getting the goal line touches Washington has been. Guess you are already seeing stars, lol.

Just added for free in one league where he wasn't picked up after WW processed, and put claims in other 3.

All aboard :drive:

Thinking early down back plus goalline. Riddick remains 3rd down back. Theo isnt really good at running inside but i would have to think that theo gets more chances to run now. Rbbc Between the two. Havent seen if joique bell is offically signed or not
I think Bell would be a non-factor and a backup because he was complete garbage last year and they drafted Washington to play his role.  

I think Bell would be a non-factor and a backup because he was complete garbage last year and they drafted Washington to play his role.  
Agreed, he was an overachiever now he's just junk.

I think considering that DW already had GL, he needs to be moved up to RB2 consideration,15+ touches, starting him over Hill/McKinnon this week.

I own him in every league but one and will be starting him in one league (final week of Bell suspension, and alternatives are really meh).  I'm trying like hell to buy him in the other league I don't own him, even to the point of ridiculous overpays.

Washington and it's not close 
ya, both are goal line backs and McKinnon is clearly better than Asiata....Washington has that unknown upside as a rookie...in his limited touches he's been explosive and made some big plays and with a larger opportunity you have to gamble on the upside.  Also, AP may be back in two weeks whereas Abdullah is out at least 6 weeks, possibly the season.  

ya, both are goal line backs and McKinnon is clearly better than Asiata....Washington has that unknown upside as a rookie...in his limited touches he's been explosive and made some big plays and with a larger opportunity you have to gamble on the upside.  Also, AP may be back in two weeks whereas Abdullah is out at least 6 weeks, possibly the season.  
Not only that but this has David Johnson written all over it. Asiata is journeyman plodder with zero upside. Washington is talented, yet raw and this Abdullah injury may be his path to fantasy stardom. 

If you need a back that bad in week 3 , you must really be hurting. Some of you are talking starting him , so sounds like you need him. Very heavy injuries on your squad or poorly drafted.

Not only that but this has David Johnson written all over it. Asiata is journeyman plodder with zero upside. Washington is talented, yet raw and this Abdullah injury may be his path to fantasy stardom. 
I didn't want to say it and the chances are low that he reaches near DJ's upside but I too thought about how he's made big plays in the return game, receiving game and running game like DJ did last year.  It likely was a matter of time before he started getting the ball more but the Ameer injury has vastly accelerated that timeline.

If you need a back that bad in week 3 , you must really be hurting. Some of you are talking starting him , so sounds like you need him. Very heavy injuries on your squad or poorly drafted.
AP, Woodhead, Ameer,also if you're in a 14-16 teamer he's a big deal.

I didn't want to say it and the chances are low that he reaches near DJ's upside but I too thought about how he's made big plays in the return game, receiving game and running game like DJ did last year.  It likely was a matter of time before he started getting the ball more but the Ameer injury has vastly accelerated that timeline.
You guys are out of control, he might not get the touches or perform well, slow it down. LOL 

I have Martin and Lacy, I would start him over both even if Martin wasnt hurt. I must have drafted bad. Rawls and Jones are not doing anything either. Those are my RBs, its just some dumb luck sometimes not always a bad draft.

The value that these type of replies add to these threads is immeasurable.  Thank you for your contribution.

Users who are viewing this thread