What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Dwayne Washington, RB, DET (1 Viewer)

wrong forum, but this is getting a lot of looks right now.  Just dropped Jennings for Washington.   I'm thinking more upside & I appreciate the knowledge in here?  You think okay?

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/news.php?team=det  Lions | Theo Riddick to take over    Wed Sep 21, 09:18 AM

Updating an earlier report, Detroit Lions RB Ameer Abdullah (foot) is out for the season, and RB Theo Riddick will get the first crack as the team's top back. RB Dwayne Washington and RB Zach Zenner will back him up.

just saying slow your roll.
Speculation. Riddick is not built to be an every down back.

Drop a starter after week 2 for a what if upside? While he may be a good start over some this week, the season is a long one to do things like that.

Cantstop has 5 likes on 550 posts for a reason. I do use likes as a worthy component to relevant content provided. I do love this feature on the site.

If you need a back that bad in week 3 , you must really be hurting. Some of you are talking starting him , so sounds like you need him. Very heavy injuries on your squad or poorly drafted.

Cantstop has 5 likes on 550 posts for a reason. I do use likes as a worthy component to relevant content provided. I do love this feature on the site.
Yea this clown is going on ignore.  

I own him in every league but one and will be starting him in one league (final week of Bell suspension, and alternatives are really meh).  I'm trying like hell to buy him in the other league I don't own him, even to the point of ridiculous overpays.
I missed on him in a 14 teamer with short benches where I'm desperate for someone to start over Forsett this week and as a potential RB3 when Bell gets back.

I'm pretty set at WR and am thinking of offering Dorsett for him.  Maybe an overpay, maybe not.

Not only that but this has David Johnson written all over it. Asiata is journeyman plodder with zero upside. Washington is talented, yet raw and this Abdullah injury may be his path to fantasy stardom. 
I don't know about written all over it but I have to admit I had a thought that this feels similar to how I felt about Johnson early last year.  

Speculation. Riddick is not built to be an every down back.
It's not just his build, he's just not any good between the tackles.  Riddick is a fantastic receiver, and he's decent on those 3rd and long runs against nickel, but he will not be a 15 carry per game RB.  He came in to this year with a career 2.9 ypc, and that was primarily in passing downs and situations.  I would bet that any Lion's homer is going to agree, Riddick might see a slight uptick in carries, but he will not become a 18 - 22 touch per game back.  There is now a decent sized hole to be filled, one that involves a good 12 to 15 carries and a few catches per game, and Washington appears to be next man up.

You guys are out of control, he might not get the touches or perform well, slow it down. LOL 
that may be true but he's the 6th RB on my bench....I'm certainly not banking on him but to win in this game you have to pepper your roster with guys like this.  At the same time last year no one would've predicted that Johnson would've won leagues for teams either.  This a crazy game that I don't pretend that I can predict the future....I just try to grab talented players with a good potential opportunity and see what happens.  

$100 FAAB how much you spending
Gotta know your league here... I've been stashing Washington, so I didn't have to fight the wire for him.  That said, CAP just went for $32 and $34 in two leagues of mine (out of $100).  I'd much rather own Washington, so I'd probably pay $30-35 just to make sure I got him.

$100 FAAB how much you spending
I tend to be aggressive in my BB spending, because the leagues I am in have FCFS after BB/FAAB processes, but I'm thinking around 50% right now.

The thing with FAAB/BB... the most value to be had is in the early season pick ups.  Washington has a chance to be a 12 - 15 touch back in a high powered offense, and for a minimum of 8 games.  He's likely to maintain the GL work, and is another converted WR, so he should be involved in the passing game.  There is a lot of upside here.

As far as the other options, Washington already surpassed Zenner on the depth chart this year, so I doubt he will be a concern.  As far as Bell, again, the team chose Zenner, Washington, Ridley, and Winn over him this off-season.  Take from that what you will.

that may be true but he's the 6th RB on my bench....I'm certainly not banking on him but to win in this game you have to pepper your roster with guys like this.  At the same time last year no one would've predicted that Johnson would've won leagues for teams either.  This a crazy game that I don't pretend that I can predict the future....I just try to grab talented players with a good potential opportunity and see what happens.  
Pretty much.

You get on a Hype train knowing that more often than not the ride doesnt end in the best place.  But when it does, boy is it fun.  And its worth so much more than the risk in most cases unless you are blowing your entire FAA budget.  As they say, scared money don't make money.  

Any input on anyone who saw him at U-Dub? He left before his redshirt Sr season.

2013 (Redshirt Fr) - 47/332/7.1/4

2014 - 132/697/5.3/9

2015 - Jr. 47/282/6.0/4 (missed 4 games)

41/411/10 rec., 3 years.

- Looks to me like he got passed over for Gaskin, who I do know of. Maybe that's why he left?

- Preseason: 18/104/5.8/2 - long of 58 (TD). Also had that 100+ yard KO return TD.  1/15/0 rec.

6'1",  223 lb, 4.4 40, beat out Ridley, Zenner and Winn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the thing some of you seem to be missing... Washington was always a plus receiver out of the backfield and a great athlete in the open field.  That they gave him goal line opportunities right out of the gate was incredibly appealing and tells me he's not screwing things up.  The athletic profile makes you drool.  Maybe, just maybe, he's better than Abdullah as an inside runner, but like Abdullah can handle some passing down work too.  That's a guy that can quickly go from role player to beast for you.

Here's the thing some of you seem to be missing... Washington was always a plus receiver out of the backfield and a great athlete in the open field.  That they gave him goal line opportunities right out of the gate was incredibly appealing and tells me he's not screwing things up.  The athletic profile makes you drool.  Maybe, just maybe, he's better than Abdullah as an inside runner, but like Abdullah can handle some passing down work too.  That's a guy that can quickly go from role player to beast for you.
Exactly.  Another thing to keep in mind, the knock on him was that he wasn't a natural RB, and was poor between the tackles.  The Lion's saw enough from him that they still slotted him into that GL role with a very viable option on the roster (Zenner).  Zenner is a solid back, nothing exciting, but does do most things well.  Bruising between the tackles, catches well, just a solid back.  Yet, with Washington's perceived weakness between the tackles, he started the regular season in that role over Zenner.  That speaks volumes in my opinion.

we can speculate all we want but it will come down to his play on the field.  It sounds silly but it's how it works....people argue back and forth about Rawls/Michael but at the end of the day it's who makes plays on the field.  One of the biggest obstacles is often getting the opportunity...Washington has the opportunity now and we'll see what he does with it.  Since I now have him in all 3 of my leagues I'm hoping he does well.

Dropped Eli Rogers for him. I don't need to start him anytime soon, but I can't ignore the upside. Really didn't want to have to give up Rogers, but these are the kinds of moves that, if they work, can win you leagues.

For the second week in a row it appears that the guys in my league are asleep at the wheel. Cut Paul Perkins for Washington......this morning......AFTER waivers had run. The Abdullah owner just placed him on IR minutes ago....guess he thought Washington might have slipped through.....

Thanks to those in this thread with all the great info! This is why I love the Shark Pool.

For the second week in a row it appears that the guys in my league are asleep at the wheel. Cut Paul Perkins for Washington......this morning......AFTER waivers had run. The Abdullah owner just placed him on IR minutes ago....guess he thought Washington might have slipped through.....

Thanks to those in this thread with all the great info! This is why I love the Shark Pool.
All in on Washington as well.  He was my 3rd RD pick in our dynasty rookie draft.  And I got him off waivers with the 9th pick last night.  Guys like Artis Payne, Asiata, McKinnon, pitta, all went before him. 

Got him in both my leagues this morning.. Dropped Artis-Payne and Gillislee for him.. No brainer in my opinion.

Lions homer here, he looked fantastic in preseason.  I know, I know, it's JUST preseason, but this his how Championships are won.

Dropped Riddick for him in a non-PPR shallow roster (15 spots) yahoo league. I hope he comes through because i have an injured Stewart, the Atlanta RB duo mess, and the Crow as my other backs. 

Would you drop powell for him?  I got forte
I would want to find something else to drop.  The odds of Forte holding up to, or maintaining, this insane workload seem rather small to me.  Either Forte is going to break down, or they will start splitting up some of this work.  Either way, I expect Powell to have decent value at some point this season.  I would think he is one of the better handcuff type backs to have rostered right now.

As a Detroit homer I have this guy on the end of my bench in a few leagues. I'm not as excited as some of you but I have hope he can be a serviceable #3 RB. 

Dropped Eli Rogers for him. I don't need to start him anytime soon, but I can't ignore the upside. Really didn't want to have to give up Rogers, but these are the kinds of moves that, if they work, can win you leagues.
Did the same thing. I do like Rogers, but he was my 6th WR. Rather have more RB depth right now.

I picked him up last week as my end of bench guy in my keeper league. Fat Rob(Rob Kelley) had been holding down that spot. I drafted David Johnson last year as my end of bench guy and this just does have the same kind of feel to it. Kind of silly actually. I am all in with him though in my other 2 leagues after waivers ran last night. Let us ride the hype train with high hopes and big smiles!

If you need a back that bad in week 3 , you must really be hurting. Some of you are talking starting him , so sounds like you need him. Very heavy injuries on your squad or poorly drafted.
You should get out more.  Check out some FF Leagues outside of your back yard.

I would want to find something else to drop.  The odds of Forte holding up to, or maintaining, this insane workload seem rather small to me.  Either Forte is going to break down, or they will start splitting up some of this work.  Either way, I expect Powell to have decent value at some point this season.  I would think he is one of the better handcuff type backs to have rostered right now.
I don't really have anyone else worth dropping.  Probably gonna have to miss out in one league I guess. Sucks.  my bench is brady, shepard, djax, ware, powell, NE def.

Users who are viewing this thread