What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Dwayne Washington, RB, DET (1 Viewer)

From what I saw, he really didn't have much room to do anything.  Zz ####ed him out of a possible TD.
hence why I said "in this offense" and vs this defense ... and it doesn;t get any better with the matchup next week., but it's academic at this point anyway, since its doubtful anyone who started him this week in their playoff matchup would do it again, or will even be playing next week.

You don't get points for being talented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah still like him next year and I'm happy to hold him on my bench going into next year as long as the Lions don't draft a RB early or pick up a big name FA.

He's not a 3 down back. He's nothing really.
Haha, what? He's absolutely the starting RB when he's off IR. I'd agree that his job isn't bulletproof after two injured years, but there's no way he isn't the starter to begin the season. I say that owning both Abdullah and Washington.

Haha, what? He's absolutely the starting RB when he's off IR. I'd agree that his job isn't bulletproof after two injured years, but there's no way he isn't the starter to begin the season. I say that owning both Abdullah and Washington.
No. You elluded to the reason why this is no in your own post. He has been injured his first 2 years in the league. The second injury is actually quite significant IMO. Abdullah is not a 3 down back either. He is very much a situational/2 down back. 

What you may very well see is Detroit move on from Abdullah this offseason in terms of drafting another RB this season. Washington has shown he is nothing special; his roster spot may actually be in jeopardy. What I would see happening is Detroit possibly spending a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB. This year's draft class at RB is very deep. They are an impact RB away from being an excellent team. Abdullah is not it. 

Detroit has a lot of JAGs and situational backs. They don't have a bell cow. I think it's more reasonable to think that they go get one this offseason rather than go into another season with the same guys they have in 2016, which are clearly not working. Given his history, there is a greater chance that Abdullah is hurt next year vs healthy. Detroit can't afford that. 

I'll reiterate. There's no way Abdullah's not the starter to begin the season, if healthy. 

Also, it is a bit disingenuous to say that Abdullah "has been injured his first 2 years in the league" considering his first year injury was in week 17 and he played that week. He had offseason surgery for the shoulder issue, but was ready to go by the start of the season. He hasn't had repetitive injuries, nor has he had any issues with his knees. 

Further, what makes Abdullah a two down back, in your opinion? Do you think he isn't a capable 3rd down receiving back? His stats would disagree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
 AA is probably capable of being a 3-down back, but he's never been used as such by Detroit. Barring an injury to Riddick, there's been absolutely no indication His role would change. Theo signed an extension on late August / early September that made him (at the time) the 13th highest paid RB, and the extension takes him a year beyond Abdullah's rookie deal.

Ameer is the best runner on the Lions but his role in the passing game is probably more in the 35-50 catch range presuming #25 is around.

AA is probably capable of being a 3-down back, but he's never been used as such by Detroit. Barring an injury to Riddick, there's been absolutely no indication His role would change. Theo signed an extension on late August / early September that made him (at the time) the 13th highest paid RB, and the extension takes him a year beyond Abdullah's rookie deal.

Ameer is the best runner on the Lions but his role in the passing game is probably more in the 35-50 catch range presuming #25 is around.
 Bottom line, with AA/Riddick/Zenner, who all do their specific roles of early down/receiving/short yardage better than Washington, where does Washington fit in?

Wake me up when AA AND Riddick are injured in 2017. That is not likely to happen before the 1st regular season game, hence Washington is most likely undraftable. He missed his opp to make a meaningful impact. He may not even make the team depending on how Det drafts.

Bottom line, with AA/Riddick/Zenner, who all do their specific roles of early down/receiving/short yardage better than Washington, where does Washington fit in?

Wake me up when AA AND Riddick are injured in 2017. That is not likely to happen before the 1st regular season game, hence Washington is most likely undraftable. He missed his opp to make a meaningful impact. He may not even make the team depending on how Det drafts.
If anyone missed their opportunity this year, it was ZZ in the short yardage role.

i think Swaggy will have a role next year, but it's likely not fantasy relevant. If you're redrafting Theo or Ameer in 2017, be content with the knowledge you probably just drafted for Duke Johnson -type production.

If anyone missed their opportunity this year, it was ZZ in the short yardage role.

i think Swaggy will have a role next year, but it's likely not fantasy relevant. If you're redrafting Theo or Ameer in 2017, be content with the knowledge you probably just drafted for Duke Johnson -type production.
:goodposting: voice of reason 

Amen, like I have been saying since the week or 3 hype began, do you even want a piece of this backfield? Only terms I would accept is if one rb was getting the bulk of the carries in this offense because even if you get a peice, a piece of what?  :X

Users who are viewing this thread