What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Dwayne Washington, RB, DET (1 Viewer)

Starting the worst 3 RB's you could probably imagine.  Hightower, DeAndre and Dwayne Washington.  The hope is that since it's horrible, they're all going to blow up so start Dwayne "the rock" Washington with NO FEAR!!!

I fully expect 3 points at best btw

Figures id hold him all year and drop him when he's inactive last week only to watch him active today and out carrying riddick. Lol

Guys I'm SO SORRY in advance for bumping this thread.  It was painful before it died down lol...

However, I'm letting you guys know that I decided to jump back in.  Dropped an injured Hogan to pick him up.  No real news.  Things are very quiet on the Washington front.  I decided to stash him again though bc: 

- He, not Zenner, was active before  the bye.  

- Riddick still sucks at running b/w the tackles.  

- Jax is a decent match up, and if he blows up this week I won't be able to grab him on waivers with a low priority.  

- He's a 1b in a (albeit bad) running game, but that has value over a WR7 or a TE2, or a mediocre defense.  

It's really a "just in case he puts it all together this week" kind of thing.  Don't think for a second that Detroit wouldn't love to be able to run the ball and grind games out if they could.  He's their best bet to be that guy IF he can stay healthy and produce.  I give him a pass for his 10-26 stat line before the bye as it was against a tough minny defense (when they were still sort of tough).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I'm SO SORRY in advance for bumping this thread.  It was painful before it died down lol...

However, I letting you guys know that I decided to jump back in.  Dropped an injured Hogan to pick him up.  No real news.  Things are very quiet on the Washington front.  I decided to stash him again though bc: 

- He, not Zenner, was active before  the bye.  

- Riddick still sucks at running b/w the tackles.  

- Jax is a decent match up, and if he blows up this week I won't be able to grab him on waivers with a low priority.  

- He's a 1b in a (albeit bad) running game, but that has value over a WR7 or a TE2, or a mediocre defense.  

It's really a "just in case he puts it all together this week" kind of thing.  Don't think for a second that detroit wouldnt love to be able to run the ball and grind games out if they could.  He's their best bet to be that guy IF he can stay healthy and produce.  I give him a pass for his 10-26 stat line before the bye as it was against a tough minny defense (when they were still sort of tough).  
Just when I thought I was out... rickyg pulls me back in

HAHAHA sorry man.  just drop an end of bench guy for him that way when he most likely does NOTHING you didn't take any risk on picking him up.  Think about it though...what do ALL teams do in their bye week?  They try to address their greatest areas of weakness and make some changes to their game plan.  For Detroit on the offensive side of the ball that weakness is the run game.  Now, does that mean that Dwayne Washington is part of the solution?  Who knows?  For all we know he's inactive tomorrow and Zenner is the focus.  It's been super quiet on the news front during their bye so I have nothing to go on.  

But if they are going to try to recommit to the run game the way Miami did, and they decide to give Washington a shot at being that early down guy, could be a great rb3 or 4 to have going into the playoffs.  

Schedule is fairly neutral vs the run imo.  

Unfortunately I had this same thought. He'll be fun to cut next week for another longshot dart throw I suppose. Expecting nothing, just can't find any other decent flyers in our deep league.

It's really a "just in case" pickup
A reasonable assessment not based upond pure hype. After all, it's not like you could pick up Jordan Howard, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls, Dion Lewis, Gillislee, West or the other West, Kenneth Dixon, Asiata, McKinnon, Mathews, Sproles, Ajayi, Hightower, Stewart, or Bibbs, as well as others. Those guys are all rostered by now. It's slim pickins a rb this week at this point in the season, and its only getting slimmer as the season goes on with 2016 rb injuries mounting up. I mean, James freaking Starks is rostered in all my leagues ... STARKS.  :X

At this point in the season,  hype is over and at the price of free FA pickup (no waiver priority or faab), it actually makes sense to throw a dart at Washington, especially since there is nothing new on the wire during a yawn week at rb. Why not? But if you been holding all year, prolly not smart passing on what you could have had.

Still like what little I've seen of Washington. I'll keep him on my dynasty team until next year unless someone crazy gets dropped. 

I originally posted this in the excellent, "2016 RB Lotto" thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/746681-2016-rb-lotto-ticket-rankings/?page=16

...but it also applies here.

A narrative may be developing that adds support for A. Abdullah as a potential FF playoff contributor...

Ameer Abdullah - RB - Lions

Ameer Abdullah (foot, I.R.) will visit Dr. Robert Anderson on Tuesday to see if he can start practicing.
If he gets the green light from Dr. Anderson, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said it's "realistic" that he could be activated within three weeks. That would put Abdullah on track to return sometime during the fantasy playoffs. He would likely resume his role as the early-down hammer with Theo Riddick getting most of the passing-down work. Abdullah was giving fantasy owners RB2 production prior to his injury.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twittter
Nov 20 - 9:56 AM

Jim Caldwell - C - Lions

The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett believes a "late-season collapse" could cost Lions coach Jim Caldwell his job.
The Lions are currently tied for first in the NFC North, but they are only 5-4 and have trailed in the fourth quarter of every game this season. Even with a favorable schedule, it would be difficult to call anything that happens from this point on a collapse considering they are lucky to have five wins. Still, Detroit is in good position to nab a playoff spot, and anything less would be a minor disappointment, one that could feasibly cost Caldwell his job.

Source: Detroit Free Press
Nov 19 - 12:13 PM

The Lions have yet to designate a player to return from injured reserve, leaving open the possibility Ameer Abdullah (foot) plays again this season.
It looked likely LB Jon Bostic would get the IR/return spot after he was seen working off to the side of practice a couple weeks ago, but he has yet to be activated. Abdullah is reportedly "making good progress" after injuring his foot Week 2 against the Titans. It still seems unlikely Abdullah returns in time to help fantasy owners, but he could be a boost for the Lions if they are able to hold on for a playoff spot.

Source: detroitlions.com
Nov 19 - 11:13 AM

Theo Riddick - RB - Lions

Theo Riddick (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 11.
Not buying this anymore. Riddick will be all systems go versus the Jags.

Nov 18 - 4:07 PM

Theo Riddick (ankle) remained limited at Thursday's practice.
The Lions are just managing Riddick's reps. He's logged at least 15 touches in every game but one this year. Riddick will be an RB2 against Jacksonville in Week 11.

Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter
Nov 17 - 4:08 PM

Theo Riddick (ankle) was limited at Wednesday's practice.
Coming off the Lions' bye, Riddick should be fine for Week 11. He's averaged 97 yards from scrimmage with three touchdowns over his last three games. Consider him an RB2 against Jacksonville this week.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter
Nov 16 - 4:24 PM

Ameer Abdullah (foot, IR) is "making good progress."
Abdullah has been doing some non-football activity but isn't fully cleared. He’s eligible to return next week, but it’s possible he’ll be shut down for the season. The Lions haven’t provided any updates on Abdullah’s status since Week 2.

Source: Justin Rogers on Twitter
Nov 12 - 6:20 PM

...as is always the case, the RW comments must be taken for what they are...RW.

U felt the need to bump this back to the first page this morning to give us all this piece of wisdom? Your ego must be very fragile. I guess this shows how much you really care about being made to look foolish on a public forum ... bad forum poster, bad boy! 41 pages of mostly dung. let it go! you guys lost. let this thread fade back to the annals of archived history of misguided hopes and dreams... And since i wont reply again .... Weeeeeeeeeeeebs!  :doh:
Both of you drop it now. Keep it to talking about the player. If you want to whine about each other, find another board.

J

Riddick inactive today and Washington available on my WW.  I swear to god I am NOT going to pick him up and start him.  This guy is fool's gold.

Milkman where you at bro?

Your boy might be getting a shot. 
Haha this is it. This is his big chance to show he's the best back on this team. I'm excited. Watching some of his past touches he's been really close to breaking a few big plays. Lets see what he does! 

Theo DNP Wednesday with ankle/wrist/labia? 

ZZ still in concussion protocol. 

Might need to go big myself week15 with dwash vs the Giants, don't see joiqueiequie stealing too many touches. Anybody else considering? Or am I just a glutton for punishment? 

Looked solid last week against a defensive front that has been playing very well. 14-64, that doesn't include his longest run that was called back (DL had two hands pushing back the head of the Lions C - Jeff Triplett called illegal use of hand on the OL.)

More than stats, though. This guy has developed into a punishing runner. He likes initiating contact. Saw him catch a pass two yards short of the sticks, 3 defenders converged, and he carried the whole pile by himself the 6 feet he needed for the FD. You cannot arm tackle him, he'll go right through it.

Forecast Sunday is mid-40s & snow. We know what happens to "snow" when it's that far above freezing. It's gonna be miserable & wet, I expect them to lean on him a little more than we've seen. 

Temper that with while he's the healthiest tailback not named Joique, he has now been dinged up 3-4 times this year. Not sure if he keeps tweaking the same ankle or not. 

But if he stays healthy, Swaggy is very capable. 

The 12 yard run he had at the end of the 3rd quarter is exactly why I like him. Not many RB's that size that can move like that. Just missed a TD because Stafford threw it to low. He's a hold in dynasty going into next year. I'm seeing flashes. 

Yeah, he's not likely to morph into fantasy relevancy RoS. NYG & DAL are 22nd & 25th in FFPA in full PPR - he's not seeing enough targets. Might change this week if Theo misses practice again tomorrow.

Also wanted to add he was outstanding in pass pro last week. Good to see his development this year. This guy is still pretty raw & learning his position, so pay attention to OTAs & TC to see if he continues to progress going into 2017.

Have made it to the semis with the troika of Gurley, Ingram and Ware.  All three are flex level at best this week, so is there anything to see here or am I just grasping at straws, as the RB WW is cleaned out otherwise (Sims the only potential other option).  Have not seen Detroit play at all beyond Thankgiving for a bit, so flying in the blind here.

Have made it to the semis with the troika of Gurley, Ingram and Ware.  All three are flex level at best this week, so is there anything to see here or am I just grasping at straws, as the RB WW is cleaned out otherwise (Sims the only potential other option).  Have not seen Detroit play at all beyond Thankgiving for a bit, so flying in the blind here.
I think I'm going to get nuts and put him in my line-up over both Ingram and Mathews, who have terrible match-ups. Will depend on Riddick and Zenner not suiting up, though.

I think I'm going to get nuts and put him in my line-up over both Ingram and Mathews, who have terrible match-ups. Will depend on Riddick and Zenner not suiting up, though.
Matchups? You talking matchups? We don't need no sticking badges ... oh wait.

The New York Football Giants are not an easy matchup either, and Dallas is even a worse matchup vs RBs, and what has he shown to even consider starting him vs these two defenses? This guy is useless for 2016 with Riddick on the field, just like I said many, many pages ago in the opening weeks of the season when people were seriously discussing picking Swaggy up instead of Jordan Howard which at this point in the season seems ludicrous.

It's even worse than that though, because he did have another late season opp with Riddick out. He really needed to show more with that opp and didn't really shine then either. One good run doesn't count for much. Any scrub can do that. Hell, Lankford and Asiata have had good single runs before! He needed to put together a good game. He has never produced or even scored in double digits in PPR yet all season long. I can't believe people are bumping this thread when he cant even put together a good game vs these defenses which are comparable to what he will face ROS:

What has he done with 15 carries vs GB? 4.6 points. (3.8 ypc)

What has he done with 15 carries vs MIN? 4.5 points. ( 3ypc over two games)

What has he done with 13 carries vs JAX? 3.6 points (.46 ypc - yes that less than half a yard per carry, not 4.6)

What has he done with 16 carries vs CHI? 8 points. (4 ypc)

What has he done in summary vs these defenses that are comparable to NYG and DAL? 49 carries 147 yards (3 ypc)

These are the only defenses that he has faced and had at least 10 carries against.

He also earned 3 ypc vs the stout New Orleans defense which is a green RB matchup, much easier than NYG and DAL!

To think about starting him vs NYG and DAL ... LOL  :lmao:   I have to wonder how you are even in the playoffs. The rest of your team aside from RB2 must be gang busters! But seriously, this guy is barely startable even without Riddick on the field for the rest of 2016, and with Riddick ... well I think that argument was lost weeks months ago. The season is almost over with two bad matchups left in the fantasy playoffs for Swaggy.

Please someone tell me what he has shown to start him in your fantasy playoffs?

He's a project for 2017 at best, and even then his prospects don't look good as he will need to contend with Riddick, Abdullah and any RB they happen to draft in 2017. He missed his window to be top dog in this offense. Maybe he gets another shot next year if enough injuries happen in front of him. No bother to waste much time thinking about him before that, unless you are in a deep dynasty dive.

Happy with him being my #4 RB behind Bell, Miller and Ingram for 2017 as long as they don't draft a big RB. As dumb as Caldwell is, even he can see that Riddick is simply a 3rd down back, Abdullah is the same and they need a big RB. One thing about Caldwell is that if he has a lead, he is not at all interested in putting the other team away. He will run the ball and eat the clock.

Just don't fumble. You are a 7th rounder. You cannot afford to fumble.

Matchups? You talking matchups? We don't need no sticking badges ... oh wait.

The New York Football Giants are not an easy matchup either, and Dallas is even a worse matchup vs RBs, and what has he shown to even consider starting him vs these two defenses? This guy is useless for 2016 with Riddick on the field, just like I said many, many pages ago in the opening weeks of the season when people were seriously discussing picking Swaggy up instead of Jordan Howard which at this point in the season seems ludicrous.

It's even worse than that though, because he did have another late season opp with Riddick out. He really needed to show more with that opp and didn't really shine then either. One good run doesn't count for much. Any scrub can do that. Hell, Lankford and Asiata have had good single runs before! He needed to put together a good game. He has never produced or even scored in double digits in PPR yet all season long. I can't believe people are bumping this thread when he cant even put together a good game vs these defenses which are comparable to what he will face ROS:

What has he done with 15 carries vs GB? 4.6 points. (3.8 ypc)

What has he done with 15 carries vs MIN? 4.5 points. ( 3ypc over two games)

What has he done with 13 carries vs JAX? 3.6 points (.46 ypc - yes that less than half a yard per carry, not 4.6)

What has he done with 16 carries vs CHI? 8 points. (4 ypc)

What has he done in summary vs these defenses that are comparable to NYG and DAL? 49 carries 147 yards (3 ypc)

These are the only defenses that he has faced and had at least 10 carries against.

He also earned 3 ypc vs the stout New Orleans defense which is a green RB matchup, much easier than NYG and DAL!

To think about starting him vs NYG and DAL ... LOL  :lmao:   I have to wonder how you are even in the playoffs. The rest of your team aside from RB2 must be gang busters! But seriously, this guy is barely startable even without Riddick on the field for the rest of 2016, and with Riddick ... well I think that argument was lost weeks months ago. The season is almost over with two bad matchups left in the fantasy playoffs for Swaggy.

Please someone tell me what he has shown to start him in your fantasy playoffs?

He's a project for 2017 at best, and even then his prospects don't look good as he will need to contend with Riddick, Abdullah and any RB they happen to draft in 2017. He missed his window to be top dog in this offense. Maybe he gets another shot next year if enough injuries happen in front of him. No bother to waste much time thinking about him before that, unless you are in a deep dynasty dive.
tl;dr

Starting Swaggy with confidence.

The New York Giants have allowed back to back 100 yard rushers. 

Considering starting him if Riddick is out :popcorn:
I'm in the same boat, only my winning options are Gore & Dixon (along w Riddick).

If the word continues to circulate until gametime Sunday that Theo & ZZ are both out, then I'll likely have no choice but to plug him in. 

Needless to say, my interest in the Detroit backfield has never been higher. 

I'm in the same boat, only my winning options are Gore & Dixon (along w Riddick).

If the word continues to circulate until gametime Sunday that Theo & ZZ are both out, then I'll likely have no choice but to plug him in. 

Needless to say, my interest in the Detroit backfield has never been higher. 
My other option is Ajayi, which is a pretty strong matchup against the Jets and Miami with a new QB, which should spell for a great game from Ajayi but you never know. Washington could be a pretty big play with everyone else in that backfield injured! 

The New York Giants have allowed back to back 100 yard rushers. 

Considering starting him over Ajayi if Riddick is out :popcorn:
True, never mind that one of those rushers was Zeke (you know, the leading rusher in the NFL) with the Dallas o-line, and it took Zeke 24 carries to barely get 107, and the other rusher was L. Bell, and it took him 29 carries to get 118 yards (4.06 ypc). Swaggy is totally on those guys level! :excited:

Slaggy ain't getting 29 carries in the DET offense and even if he did I doubt he would crack 100 yards vs NY with an expected 3 ypc.

True, never mind that one of those rushers was Zeke (you know, the leading rusher in the NFL) with the Dallas o-line, and it took Zeke 24 carries to barely get 107, and the other rusher was L. Bell, and it took him 29 carries to get 118 yards (4.06 ypc). Swaggy is totally on those guys level! :excited:

Slaggy ain't getting 29 carries in the DET offense and even if he did I doubt he would crack 100 yards vs NY with an expected 3 ypc.
He's actually more of a home run hitter than either of those guys. Obviously not on their level at this point though.....

I'm thinking 15 carries for 17 yards - and one dropped pass.

I'm thinking 22 carries for 117 yards and at least 1 td  :IBTL:

:deadhorse:   ahhh ... can we finally lay this thread to rest for 2016? The kid couldn't even muster 3 ypc that I gave him credit for in this offense ...

hopefully the TLDR guy will take the time to read next time! LMAO :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread