What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

PPR w/ 1.5 TEP & 4 Flex spots

Gabe Davis

For

2023 First (Likely to be between picks 8-10)
I’ll take Davis Unless I’m absolutely stacked at wide receiver. I might take Davis, regardless.
Color me shocked! 🤣

I'm a huge Davis Stan and I'd give him up for a mid 23 first if I had anything else worth starting in my wr room!
1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

Seems late to me. I’ll ask the same Q I asked @JoeJoe88:

Using current projected ADP, who are you taking over Davis in 2023 after making this deal?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

And why would that player in a TBD situation (team/QB) be rated higher, in your opinion, than Davis as the WR2 on the Bills with Allen at QB?

I know I have a man-crush on Davis, so your running joke is noted, but at the same time I’ve stated flatly that I won’t be taking him in redraft at his crazy high ADP, so I think I’m somewhat realistic about him.

But I do find this scenario interesting and I think it’s a fair question. There are some terrific young players coming out in 2023. But if the pick is at the back end of the draft, who’s going to be more valuable than Davis?
I'd be shocked of any of those 4 players are as unproductive as Davis was in his first two years. He's got the POTENTIAL to break out this season, but he hasn't proven jack yet and if we're just talking about potential then give me the more flexible 23 draft pick.

Gabe Davis

For

I’ll take Davis Unless I’m absolutely stacked at wide receiver. I might take Davis, regardless.
Color me shocked! 🤣

I'm a huge Davis Stan and I'd give him up for a mid 23 first if I had anything else worth starting in my wr room!
1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

Using current projected ADP, who are you taking over Davis in 2023 after making this deal?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

And why would that player in a TBD situation (team/QB) be rated higher, in your opinion, than Davis as the WR2 on the Bills with Allen at QB?

I know I have a man-crush on Davis, so your running joke is noted, but at the same time I’ve stated flatly that I won’t be taking him in redraft at his crazy high ADP, so I think I’m somewhat realistic about him.

But I do find this scenario interesting and I think it’s a fair question. There are some terrific young players coming out in 2023. But if the pick is at the back end of the draft, who’s going to be more valuable than Davis?
I'd be shocked of any of those 4 players are as unproductive as Davis was in his first two years. He's got the POTENTIAL to break out this season, but he hasn't proven jack yet and if we're just talking about potential then give me the more flexible 23 draft pick.
Rebuttal: He was 21 and 22 his 1st two years, which often gets overlooked in these discussions. And even in those years, he had a staggering level of efficiency & a nose for the end zone in limited use. Hard to blame the kid for how his coaches opted to use him, which it sounds like you’re doing. Being “not on the field” and being “unproductive” aren’t the same thing.

Also, he’s proved a hell of a lot more at the NFL level than any of the kids still in college. We’re talking about pick 1.08 or later, too. So your flexibility is really limited to what, 4-5 players who might be available after pick 8 ~>?

I dunno - feels like you’re minimizing Davis’ accomplishments to date and overrating some TBD back of the 1st round rookies.

We know where Davis is now. We know who his QB is and we know what his job is expected to be. Of course he has to perform to expectations, but that’s a lot of milestone boxes checked on the path to success. We also have his coaches raving about how he looks in OTAs, bigger/stronger/faster and what a hard worker he’s been. There’s a lot to like here, IMO.

We have no idea where those rookies will land, who their QBs will be, or what their own path to success will look like. Davis didn’t play much but he didn’t struggle when he did. We don’t know how long those rookies will take to acclimate. Heck, look at Burks, already running with the 2s & 3s. Reportedly lining up wrong, and making mental errors. He was drafted with expectations of taking over for AJ Brown. I’m just sayin - every player has these question marks.

Last edited:
Superflex

A gives AJ Dillon, Davis mills, oj Howard, 2023 2nd
B gives Malik Willis, Austin Hooper, Jameson Williams

If it matters, A has Tannehill, Brady, Watson, and Lance, and is a titans fan.
This feels like a lot of pieces moving around without actually doing that much. lol

I assume Team A’s big target here was Williams? Might have gotten it done cheaper. I know they had 5 QB, but Mills is a heck of a toss-in.

Maybe I’m missing something on this one.
Williams definitely the target. Almost took him 1.04 but took Walker instead. Mills is less a throw in than a swap for Willis. Mills by far more likely to see the field in the next few years while Willis is a moon shot.

Superflex

This feels like a lot of pieces moving around without actually doing that much. lol

I assume Team A’s big target here was Williams? Might have gotten it done cheaper. I know they had 5 QB, but Mills is a heck of a toss-in.

Maybe I’m missing something on this one.
Williams definitely the target. Almost took him 1.04 but took Walker instead. Mills is less a throw in than a swap for Willis. Mills by far more likely to see the field in the next few years while Willis is a moon shot.
Yeah, that’s actually where I feel it’s an overpay. And with 4 QB (though likely not Brady for much longer) it seemed unecessary to swap QBs. I would have thought Dillon was enough to get it done. The TE swap was kinda meh for meh too. heh

Gabe Davis

For

Phew. Pick easily for me.
Looking at projected 2023 ADP, who are you going to take at 1.08-1.10 over Gabe Davis?

A lot will certainly change, but as of now I’m looking at
1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

I could see needing a RB, ok. But with Davis’ current value, one could trade him for a pretty good RB.

But I’m not sure why you’d take Addison or Johnson in their TBD situation with no NFL track record over Davis, who appears to be locked in to a valuable role in the Bills passing offense with Josh Allen, and who’s shown the ability to perform at the NFL level.

Not criticizing the response, just looking to understand it better.

I love 2023 picks more than most folks, and I would take the Davis side rather easily here.
I’m not a big Gabe fan buddy, so I think the value here is easily with the pick as it’s just going to continue to gain value. I know a lot of folks are convinced Gabe will as well, I just can’t say I’m there.
That doesn’t really answer my question. We all have our preferences. What is it about Davis you don’t like?
I simply think he’s overvalued.

I have concerns about a guy that already had an opportunity to be the teams number 2 but couldn’t supplant a 31 year old Beasley and a 34 year old Sanders. Do I think he has talent? Sure I do. He’s in the NFL, and you don’t put up a game like he did against the Chiefs without being talented. But outside of that game, he had two games over 47 yards and three games over 5 targets? And now we’re just supposed to assume he’s going to start consistently getting 8+ targets a week because two guys past their prime left the team?

The Davis owner in my main dynasty league put him on the block last week. Was chatting with him today and he said he got a few offers but the best he got was a 2023 2nd(likely mid, maybe early). He held, but I know for a fact he’d break his finger hitting accept if someone floated him a 2023 1st offer. Like how much higher do you think his values really going to climb?

To answer your question, I’m taking Addison, Johnston, Tank and certainly Tucker over him without hesitation because I believe they all possess higher ceilings for fantasy and are just more talented players.

Maybe I end up being wrong. Maybe the hype is warranted. A lot of folks are on the bandwagon so it’s entirely possible. But in my humble opinion, folks expecting a top-24 season from Davis will end up being disappointed.

Gabe Davis

For

Phew. Pick easily for me.
Looking at projected 2023 ADP, who are you going to take at 1.08-1.10 over Gabe Davis?

A lot will certainly change, but as of now I’m looking at
1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

I could see needing a RB, ok. But with Davis’ current value, one could trade him for a pretty good RB.

But I’m not sure why you’d take Addison or Johnson in their TBD situation with no NFL track record over Davis, who appears to be locked in to a valuable role in the Bills passing offense with Josh Allen, and who’s shown the ability to perform at the NFL level.

Not criticizing the response, just looking to understand it better.

I love 2023 picks more than most folks, and I would take the Davis side rather easily here.
I’m not a big Gabe fan buddy, so I think the value here is easily with the pick as it’s just going to continue to gain value. I know a lot of folks are convinced Gabe will as well, I just can’t say I’m there.
That doesn’t really answer my question. We all have our preferences. What is it about Davis you don’t like?
I simply think he’s overvalued.

I have concerns about a guy that already had an opportunity to be the teams number 2 but couldn’t supplant a 31 year old Beasley and a 34 year old Sanders. Do I think he has talent? Sure I do. He’s in the NFL, and you don’t put up a game like he did against the Chiefs without being talented. But outside of that game, he had two games over 47 yards and three games over 5 targets? And now we’re just supposed to assume he’s going to start consistently getting 8+ targets a week because two guys past their prime left the team?

The Davis owner in my main dynasty league put him on the block last week. Was chatting with him today and he said he got a few offers but the best he got was a 2023 2nd(likely mid, maybe early). He held, but I know for a fact he’d break his finger hitting accept if someone floated him a 2023 1st offer. Like how much higher do you think his values really going to climb?

To answer your question, I’m taking Addison, Johnston, Tank and certainly Tucker over him without hesitation because I believe they all possess higher ceilings for fantasy and are just more talented players.

Maybe I end up being wrong. Maybe the hype is warranted. A lot of folks are on the bandwagon so it’s entirely possible. But in my humble opinion, folks expecting a top-24 season from Davis will end up being disappointed.
Or maybe those four players land in poor team situations where they won’t have the opportunity to hit their ceiling.

I think top 24 is Davis’ ceiling, but i don’t think he needs to hit that ceiling to be worthy of a 1st round pick.

He’s 23, and Diggs isn’t young.

As for the “couldn’t supplant Beasley / Sanders (at whatever ages)" narrative, I don’t think that’s accurate at all. He was a very young rookie, and the Bills were making a run, then they brought in Sanders reportedly for man-crush reasons and through lack of health & production, Davis actually did supplant him last year.

You cite the yardage, but not the TDs, which have been prolific.

As I said, I’m not buying Davis at his ceiling either (e.g. I’m not paying an early-mid 1st in dynasty or an early 4th in redraft) but he certainly has the potential to pay off. He just can’t realize much profit at those prices.

But if I had a 2023 1.08-1.12, I probably would pay it for him. The upside is there. He could easily be a top 30 WR this year playing 80%+ of the snaps, and a perennial top 20 in future seasons. And he’s 23, pretty close to the same age as some of those 2023 rookies, but already established. Also worth noting, Davis is the Bills best run-blocking WR, so he won't come off the field in 2-TE sets that the Bills are expected to run this year, and he'll see soft coverage so long as he's playing opposite Diggs. (I also expect Diggs to have a monster year for Davis' presence)

I respect your take - it’s a fun discussion. I hope you don’t see it as an argument. He’s a polarizing player and it’s interesting to hear why folks who don’t like him have that take.

I feel like I got him at a pretty rare “fair price” today, considering his hype. Robinson + Bell didn’t feel like an overpay. I think the days of Robinson being a 3-down workhorse are over with ETN healthy & Pederson at the helm. Curious if you’d pay that.

Last edited:
My thinking on the Davis is that he is my 7th WR and the ‘23 1st will increase in value regardless of what happens this season.

It is possible Davis can improve his value but highly unlikely. If I needed Davis to start every week I wouldn’t trade him.

My thinking on the Davis is that he is my 7th WR and the ‘23 1st will increase in value regardless of what happens this season.

It is possible Davis can improve his value but highly unlikely. If I needed Davis to start every week I wouldn’t trade him.
Yeah, I mean, that’s a luxury. In your poison I’d have already traded him while his value is so high.

Superflex

I think both Willis and Williams may be busts so I like the other side by a mile. Mills is going to be a useable QB in this format and actually looked good last year. Dillon and a 2nd easily outweigh the rest for me.

My one and only non-FFPC dynasty is a 24-team league, 2 copies of each player, PPR but TEP +0.25per. We are doing our rookie draft right now (4 rounds) and it is nearly over but this team of mine is a project that is entering its 3rd year.

Gave DPJ
Got 4.18 which is a couple picks away but there are still a few names left on the board that I like

So when you cancel out the pieces I got but then gave later, all in all this worked out to

Gave:
McLaurin, Tonyan, J Robinson, B Edwards, T Marshall, 2023 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Got:
CEH, Spiller, Patterson, Allgeier, Zamir, Pacheco, Tolbert, Bellinger
I then took Cade Otton at 4.18 and moved Patterson for Ertz straight. So now my TE corps is Albert O, Ertz, Bellinger, Otton, Bates. IDK better than it was last week.

Superflex

I think both Willis and Williams may be busts so I like the other side by a mile. Mills is going to be a useable QB in this format and actually looked good last year. Dillon and a 2nd easily outweigh the rest for me.
Any particular reason for your feeling on Williams? Willis I totally get, high risk for sure.

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

Rebuttal: He was 21 and 22 his 1st two years, which often gets overlooked in these discussions. And even in those years, he had a staggering level of efficiency & a nose for the end zone in limited use. Hard to blame the kid for how his coaches opted to use him, which it sounds like you’re doing. Being “not on the field” and being “unproductive” aren’t the same thing.

Also, he’s proved a hell of a lot more at the NFL level than any of the kids still in college. We’re talking about pick 1.08 or later, too. So your flexibility is really limited to what, 4-5 players who might be available after pick 8 ~>?

I dunno - feels like you’re minimizing Davis’ accomplishments to date and overrating some TBD back of the 1st round rookies.

We know where Davis is now. We know who his QB is and we know what his job is expected to be. Of course he has to perform to expectations, but that’s a lot of milestone boxes checked on the path to success. We also have his coaches raving about how he looks in OTAs, bigger/stronger/faster and what a hard worker he’s been. There’s a lot to like here, IMO.

We have no idea where those rookies will land, who their QBs will be, or what their own path to success will look like. Davis didn’t play much but he didn’t struggle when he did. We don’t know how long those rookies will take to acclimate. Heck, look at Burks, already running with the 2s & 3s. Reportedly lining up wrong, and making mental errors. He was drafted with expectations of taking over for AJ Brown. I’m just sayin - every player has these question marks.
35 catches 62 targets 599 yards 7 TDs
35 catches 63 targets 549 yards 6 TDs

That's what we know about G Davis right now. Those stats aren't screaming talented WR. Was his situation in 2020/2021 ideal? Maybe, maybe not. Did the coaches actively start less talented players in front of him? That's the silliest trope rolling around the G Davis stans I've ever heard. Coaches simply don't sit much more talented guys on the bench on a whim.

All this to say, I love G Davis and have quite a few shares because I think he's one of the stronger dart throws in the league right now. Is he much more than that? Heck no. Is a mid-late 2023 more valuable than Davis right now? Yes, absolutely.

That's what we know about G Davis right now. Those stats aren't screaming talented WR. Was his situation in 2020/2021 ideal? Maybe, maybe not. Did the coaches actively start less talented players in front of him? That's the silliest trope rolling around the G Davis stans I've ever heard. Coaches simply don't sit much more talented guys on the bench on a whim.

All this to say, I love G Davis and have quite a few shares because I think he's one of the stronger dart throws in the league right now. Is he much more than that? Heck no. Is a mid-late 2023 more valuable than Davis right now? Yes, absolutely.

I think it's possible to believe that Gabriel Davis is/was more talented than Emmanuel Sanders and Cole Beasly, while also realizing those two veterans were better professional WRs at the time they over-lapped. Not every rookie WR breaks out in year 1 or year 2. His career numbers to don't mean exactly what you're trying to make them out to be when we consider his place on the depth chart. An optimist would look at those numbers and point out that 13 TDs on 70 catches is pretty impressive and shows the ability to be a playmaker.

Looking at his career numbers to date also ignores that he will now get an opportunity to be on the field a lot more and most likely be the second most targeted player in one of the NFL's best offenses. The fact that he is stepping into the starting line-up makes him much more than a "dart throw" unless you think the Bills offense will regress or unless you think Jameson Crowder or Isaiah McKenzie are going to push Davis out of the starting line-up and/or take significant targets away. Personally those things seem unlikely to me.

I think it's possible to believe that Gabriel Davis is/was more talented than Emmanuel Sanders and Cole Beasly, while also realizing those two veterans were better professional WRs at the time they over-lapped. Not every rookie WR breaks out in year 1 or year 2. His career numbers to don't mean exactly what you're trying to make them out to be when we consider his place on the depth chart. An optimist would look at those numbers and point out that 13 TDs on 70 catches is pretty impressive and shows the ability to be a playmaker.

Looking at his career numbers to date also ignores that he will now get an opportunity to be on the field a lot more and most likely be the second most targeted player in one of the NFL's best offenses. The fact that he is stepping into the starting line-up makes him much more than a "dart throw" unless you think the Bills offense will regress or unless you think Jameson Crowder or Isaiah McKenzie are going to push Davis out of the starting line-up and/or take significant targets away. Personally those things seem unlikely to me.
At the end of the day, we're still talking about opportunity/potential. The fact that he couldn't beat out Sanders for the #2 position last season is concerning. I hope that he makes a 3rd year jump this season, again because I have multiple shares. But he's a 4th/5th WR on those teams where I can afford a "solid chance dart throw". If I'm not in that position, then I absolutely take the 23 1st if I can get it. I've shopped him around a bit this spring/summer and never got more than a late 2nd offer for him.

At the end of the day, we're still talking about opportunity/potential. The fact that he couldn't beat out Sanders for the #2 position last season is concerning. I hope that he makes a 3rd year jump this season, again because I have multiple shares. But he's a 4th/5th WR on those teams where I can afford a "solid chance dart throw". If I'm not in that position, then I absolutely take the 23 1st if I can get it. I've shopped him around a bit this spring/summer and never got more than a late 2nd offer for him.

Too much is being made out of "couldn't beat out" two solid veterans. Some teams defer to veterans and some coaches like the security that comes with veterans that know what they are doing on the field. Those guys were still solid contributors. As it is Davis only saw 9 less targets than Sanders last season so the transition was starting.

I get next year is some miraculous draft class where no player can miss, but for me I'd much rather hold onto Davis and see mediocre results than trade away a 23 year old that puts up a 78-1,125-10 type season for a chance of getting a WR that may put up those numbers someday or may be the next N'Keal Harry.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Mack, Marlon HOU RB; Westbrook-Ikhine, Nick TEN WR; Year 2023 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B gave up Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB
Seems like an awful lot to give up for Gainwell. Mack is a clear 1a in HOU. Gainwell needs Sanders to re-enter the doghouse or get injured to be much of a difference maker.

I see it as giving up some mediocre talent for a potential star - why so hung up on one season in dynasty?

Also I don't think Gainwell needs a Sanders injury to have value in 2022. He's in line to be the third down and short yardage back. I actually want nothing to do with Sanders this season if he's giving up all of the most valuable touches for fantasy purposes. Mack is likely in a 3-man RBBC as well for what it's worth.

Too much is being made out of "couldn't beat out" two solid veterans. Some teams defer to veterans and some coaches like the security that comes with veterans that know what they are doing on the field. Those guys were still solid contributors. As it is Davis only saw 9 less targets than Sanders last season so the transition was starting.

I get next year is some miraculous draft class where no player can miss, but for me I'd much rather hold onto Davis and see mediocre results than trade away a 23 year old that puts up a 78-1,125-10 type season for a chance of getting a WR that may put up those numbers someday or may be the next N'Keal Harry.
Exactly what I’ve been saying.

I said pretty much the same about Davis’ 1st two seasons. You can’t knock the dude’s production because the coaches wanted to play experienced vets over a 21-22 year old kid. And when you evaluate his on-field production, it was actually very impressive.

The “couldn’t beat out Sanders or Beasley” thing seems like an inaccurate narrative.

Again - don’t overpay for him, but if you can get Davis with a late ‘23 1st, I’d absolutely do it. Maybe it doesn’t turn out to be a bargain, but I doubt it’s an overpay.

And on the other side, for that late “23 1st to be worth taking over Gabe Davis, they’d have to land on an offense with a good QB, develop chemistry with said QB, have the opportunity to get a high % of offensive snaps, be productive year 1, and be utilized a ton in the red zone. That sounds like a unicorn in the 8-12 range, but hey, it happens. :shrug:

12 team SF
Gave: Robert Woods, Romeo Doubs, Tyler Allgeier, '23 3rd
Got: DJ Moore, '24 2nd
I lean towards Moore but honestly, I have no problem with the other side. Woods should have an ok year and I do like Doubs/Allgeier more than others. Plus, you get a better pick, in a better year, that is a year earlier. Even though it is a 3rd so doesn't mean a ton. If this was a 2nd for a 3rd in those same years, I'd probably lean towards the Woods side.

I said pretty much the same about Davis’ 1st two seasons. You can’t knock the dude’s production because the coaches wanted to play experienced vets over a 21-22 year old kid. And when you evaluate his on-field production, it was actually very impressive.

The “couldn’t beat out Sanders or Beasley” thing seems like an inaccurate narrative.

Again - don’t overpay for him, but if you can get Davis with a late ‘23 1st, I’d absolutely do it. Maybe it doesn’t turn out to be a bargain, but I doubt it’s an overpay.

And on the other side, for that late “23 1st to be worth taking over Gabe Davis, they’d have to land on an offense with a good QB, develop chemistry with said QB, have the opportunity to get a high % of offensive snaps, be productive year 1, and be utilized a ton in the red zone. That sounds like a unicorn in the 8-12 range, but hey, it happens. :shrug:
I got Waddle and Jefferson at 8 in the last 2 drafts that and 23 is suppose to be better than the last 2 right? I get people are high on Gabe Davis but that pick could end up being something special, if you don't feel Davis is special then that pick could very much be an overpay. I'd much rather have Waddle or JJ over him by a mile. I do like Davis but I don't know that shipping a late 1st in a deep draft is automatically a good move. It definitely could turn out to be that as he has upside so it is fair but not a deal I would make. I think an early 2nd is what I would pay and maybe include a 3rd. I'll keep my 1sts in a deep draft and take my swings for the fence.

Superflex

Any particular reason for your feeling on Williams? Willis I totally get, high risk for sure.
It is mostly a gut instinct take based on a couple of things I had read and that may be completely misguided. One of which was that he apparently bombed the interview portion of the combine and that NFL offenses may be too difficult for him to learn. Being a young adult with a grip of cash may be a problem too. He is going to be behind the curve as a rookie because of his injury and not getting reps. If/when he does get on the field healthy this year (and some say he might not - IDK) it may be hard to find a role with all the other playmakers. I think Detroit is a sneak FF play this year and that specifically Amon-Ra is going to assert himself as the guy such that when Williams gets out there he may or may not make a good compliment but that is about it.

He has immense talent and draft capital but I have largely been avoiding in dynasty. There were a couple times I thought about taking him due to his market value and the thought that he could be flipped. This deal being a testament to that.

Also Detroit might suck like usual.

I got Waddle and Jefferson at 8 in the last 2 drafts that and 23 is suppose to be better than the last 2 right? I get people are high on Gabe Davis but that pick could end up being something special, if you don't feel Davis is special then that pick could very much be an overpay. I'd much rather have Waddle or JJ over him by a mile. I do like Davis but I don't know that shipping a late 1st in a deep draft is automatically a good move. It definitely could turn out to be that as he has upside so it is fair but not a deal I would make. I think an early 2nd is what I would pay and maybe include a 3rd. I'll keep my 1sts in a deep draft and take my swings for the fence.
It’s a fair point; and I’d suggest you were very, very fortunate to land those two. Looking at that draft you avoided quite a few land mines in that range as well.

That’s my point. Bird in the hand with Davis. 2 in the bush with an 8-12 draft pick.

It’s a fair point; and I’d suggest you were very, very fortunate to land those two. Looking at that draft you avoided quite a few land mines in that range as well.

That’s my point. Bird in the hand with Davis. 2 in the bush with an 8-12 draft pick.
You aren't wrong. I'm usually one that likes my chances if I don't see elite upside on a player. Just not sure I ever see Davis as a true WR1 in fantasy so I'd rather make the pick in a deep draft. Especially not knowing where the pick will be. I totally get the other side though and your points are very valid. Davis is the safer way to go for sure.

Sure if you want to automatically assume the best case scenario for the pick it’s a no brainer to take the pick. Of course we could probably list a ton of players in the draft pick range that failed miserably as well.

Sure if you want to automatically assume the best case scenario for the pick it’s a no brainer to take the pick. Of course we could probably list a ton of players in the draft pick range that failed miserably as well.
Not always best case but can't say those aren't out there if you do your research and draft right. Failures will happen but I'd rather take the swing with a chance of failing than trade for a WR2 that I don't feel has 1 upside. Just my thoughts. I know some people are way high on Davis and some people don't trust their drafting as much as I do either. I conceded that a trade like that is safer and fair. Just not a move I would do. If I'm giving a 1st round pick, I want someone with the upside of being a 1 in fantasy at their position and I don't see that with Davis.

Not always best case but can't say those aren't out there if you do your research and draft right. Failures will happen but I'd rather take the swing with a chance of failing than trade for a WR2 that I don't feel has 1 upside. Just my thoughts. I know some people are way high on Davis and some people don't trust their drafting as much as I do either. I conceded that a trade like that is safer and fair. Just not a move I would do. If I'm giving a 1st round pick, I want someone with the upside of being a 1 in fantasy at their position and I don't see that with Davis.
I think Davis has plenty of upside, so obviously we disagree there by a lot.

But I do find the narrative fascinating that a player who hasn’t yet had the opportunity for a ~80% snap count, and who’s about to get that 80%.+ snap count, is somehow being viewed by many as a player without upside.

It’s like he’s being judged for a season he hasn’t yet had, and yet is being downgraded for that, despite most indicators suggesting he’s going to have a monster season.

I’m not saying this is all about you/your position, just what l have observed for several months in the FF community.

And it seems a little incongruous.

My position with Davis is that he’s about to have this tremendous opportunity in a high powered offense, so if the price is right I’m willing to invest, betting that he uses his remarkable size/skills/opportunity to produce at a high level. His floor seems extremely safe as a FF WR2, and I’m not sure why some see that as his ceiling (as your post seems to imply).

What’s his ultimate ceiling? Who knows, he’s only 23, and he plays next to an alpha receiver in Diggs. But he sure seemed to show us a sneak preview of his upside with that 4 TD playoff performance, right?

I’ve also seen the same folks both dismiss that 4-TD game as a fluke or 1-off, yet also question what his upside is. I mean, isn’t that a contradiction?

I’m not saying he’s going to have that sort of game every week (and the Bills would likely hate to be in shootouts like that every week) but like, if THAT wasn’t a WR1 performance, then maybe I don’t understand football as much as I thought I did. :oldunsure:

So when it comes to Davis & his upside, I’m willing to make that bet, and see how 2022 plays out. And if his floor is indeed WR2 with a couple spike games, then his future is probably pretty bright. Davis seems like the type of player who works hard to improve his game, and by all accounts that’s accurate.

If so, it’s difficult for me to imagine a scenario where FF WR2 is his ceiling. He’s already shown us he can be more, he just hasn’t had the opportunity yet.

Last edited:

But I do find the narrative fascinating that a player who hasn’t yet had the opportunity for a ~80% target share, and who’s about to get that 80%.+ target share, is somehow being viewed by many as a player without upside.

It’s like he’s being judged for a season he hasn’t yet had, and yet is being downgraded for that, despite most indicators suggesting he’s going to have a monster season.

I’m not saying this is all about you/your position, just what l have observed for several months in the FF community.

My position with Davis is that he’s about to have this tremendous opportunity in a high powered offense, so if the price is right I’m willing to invest, betting that he uses his remarkable size/skills/opportunity to produce at a high level. His floor seems extremely safe as a FF WR2, and I’m not sure why some see that as his ceiling (as your post seems to imply).

What’s his ultimate ceiling? Who knows, he’s only 23, and he plays next to an alpha receiver in Diggs. But he sure seemed to show us a sneak preview of his upside with that 4 TD playoff performance, right?

I’ve also seen the same folks both dismiss that 4-TD game as a fluke or 1-off, yet also question what his upside is. I mean, isn’t that a contradiction?

I’m not saying he’s going to have that sort of game every week (and the Bills would likely hate to be in shootouts like that every week) but like, if THAT wasn’t a WR1 performance, then maybe I don’t understand football as much as I thought I did. :oldunsure:

So when it comes to Davis & his upside, I’m willing to make that bet, and see how 2022 plays out. And if his floor is indeed WR2 with a couple spike games, then his future is probably pretty bright. Davis seems like the type of player who works hard to improve his game, and by all accounts that’s accurate.

If so, it’s difficult for me to imagine a scenario where FF WR2 is his ceiling. He’s already shown us he can be more, he just hasn’t had the opportunity yet.
I would start by saying he won't get an 80% target share. Josh Allen isn't going to throw 80% of his passes to him. He may get that in route share. I do think he has upside, I just don't think he has WR1 fantasy upside. I personally don't see him ever being a WR 1-12 in fantasy. Just my prediction and isn't that what we do in fantasy is project what we think guys will do? It isn't about penalizing him, it is about how I feel he would do. I get why people see upside in him and don't fault them for that, I just disagree slightly. It isn't like I'm dogging a guy saying that I think his ceiling is WR 15-18 overall. That isn't bad at all.

He has WR1 weekly upside sure. We already saw it with that 4 TD game but we also saw a guy like Juju kill it with AB and then fall apart without him. Are we sure that if Diggs falls off or eventually leaves that he can take the best CB from the other team every week or safety coverage over the top? Even the Bills offense could have problems producing 2 WR1s in fantasy. That isn't an easy task.

With all of that being said....I could definitely be wrong. Wouldn't be the first or last time it happens. I just don't feel comfortable with viewing him with that much upside even though we have seen the top end in a single game. Just my thoughts. Dude is skilled and saying that I'd give a mid 2nd and a 3rd in a deep 23 draft for him isn't a knock on him. Just means I view him just a little lower than you or others do. He could break out this year but we may not truly know his upside until Diggs ages more. I'd just personally like to see more before I give a 1st rounder, in a great draft, when we don't even know where the pick will fall, for him. The risk could be worth it though. He has a wide range of outcomes there.

But I do find the narrative fascinating that a player who hasn’t yet had the opportunity for a ~80% target share, and who’s about to get that 80%.+ target share, is somehow being viewed by many as a player without upside.

I would start by saying he won't get an 80% target share. Josh Allen isn't going to throw 80% of his passes to him. He may get that in route share. I do think he has upside, I just don't think he has WR1 fantasy upside. I personally don't see him ever being a WR 1-12 in fantasy. Just my prediction and isn't that what we do in fantasy is project what we think guys will do? It isn't about penalizing him, it is about how I feel he would do. I get why people see upside in him and don't fault them for that, I just disagree slightly. It isn't like I'm dogging a guy saying that I think his ceiling is WR 15-18 overall. That isn't bad at all.

He has WR1 weekly upside sure. We already saw it with that 4 TD game but we also saw a guy like Juju kill it with AB and then fall apart without him. Are we sure that if Diggs falls off or eventually leaves that he can take the best CB from the other team every week or safety coverage over the top? Even the Bills offense could have problems producing 2 WR1s in fantasy. That isn't an easy task.

With all of that being said....I could definitely be wrong. Wouldn't be the first or last time it happens. I just don't feel comfortable with viewing him with that much upside even though we have seen the top end in a single game. Just my thoughts. Dude is skilled and saying that I'd give a mid 2nd and a 3rd in a deep 23 draft for him isn't a knock on him. Just means I view him just a little lower than you or others do. He could break out this year but we may not truly know his upside until Diggs ages more. I'd just personally like to see more before I give a 1st rounder, in a great draft, when we don't even know where the pick will fall, for him. The risk could be worth it though. He has a wide range of outcomes there.
Sorry, not target share. Snap count. And I absolutely believe he will be on the field for 80+% of the plays.

I was still drinking coffee. Needed more, obviously. Of course he won’t have 80% target share.

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

I'll take most or all of those guys over Davis unless I just really need the wr this year. Davis will be the wr2 for some or all of 2022 in buffalo, and that will be fantasy friendly while it lasts. But based on what we've seen from him I don't like his chances to have that job in 2023.

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

I'll take most or all of those guys over Davis unless I just really need the wr this year. Davis will be the wr2 for some or all of 2022 in buffalo, and that will be fantasy friendly while it lasts. But based on what we've seen from him I don't like his chances to have that job in 2023.
Sorry, what?

What indicator have you seen from him to believe he won’t have the WR2 job in Buffalo beyond 2022?

I find that deeply curious. Please enlighten me.

Last edited:

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

Sorry, what?

What indicator have you seen from him to believe he won’t have the WR2 job in Buffalo beyond 2023?

Really didn't think I was making any sort of strong statement here. You think he's a lock for that role for multiple seasons?

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

Sorry, what?

What indicator have you seen from him to believe he won’t have the WR2 job in Buffalo beyond 2023?

Nobody's job in the NFL is safe. He could pull a '21 Byron Pringle and not even be in the team next season. That dude was all primed to be WR2 in KC last year and promptly crapped the bed.

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

Sorry, what?

Really didn't think I was making any sort of strong statement here. You think he's a lock for that role for multiple seasons?
Much more than you believe he’s a one and done, absolutely.

You didn’t think you were making a strong statement when you said, “I don’t like his chances to have that job in 2023”?

Seems like a pretty strong statement to me.

Gabe Davis

For

Color me shocked! 🤣

1.08-1.10 is “mid”?

1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

Sorry, what?

Nobody's job in the NFL is safe. He could pull a '21 Byron Pringle and not even be in the team next season. That dude was all primed to be WR2 in KC last year and promptly crapped the bed.
We’re starting to leave the realm of “what is” and entering the realm of “trying to shape reality to suit your argument” here.

Pringle was absolutely not primed to be the WR2 in KC for 2021. They had Hardman, Pringle, and Demarcus Robinson, who were all expected to compete for targets behind Hill & Kelce. For a short time, Pringle, then already 28, carved out a little role. But he wasn’t expected to do anything.

That seems like a terrible analogy to a 23 year old poised for a much larger role, who was held back as a 21-22 year old in favor of veteran receivers.

And yes, if we’re opening things up to the world of “anything is possible”, Davis could get hit by a bus tomorrow and never play again. But that doesn’t mean it’s very likely. Nor does it seem likely that a talented player that the coaches & QB all rave about will play 1 season as a starter and fall off the map in 2023. I would put that at about the same chances as getting hit by a bus, tbh.

This is getting a bit silly.

Agree.
Lets get back to dynasty trades.
Heres one that just went down OTC (not mine)
PPR/IDP start 9 on offense

Breece Hall
for
Antonio Gibson/1.07 (Olave)

I think this is a plus for the guy getting AG and CO
There is something to be said for the shiny new toy though.

Agree.

Breece Hall
for

Hall for me and not close.

He’s not just a shiny new toy - his advanced metrics are as good as any rookie RB we’ve seen the last few years, he runs behind a + OL, and on a team that’s expected to be run-heavy. His only real competition is Carter, who the Jets thought so highly of that they traded up specifically to get Hall.

IMO the entire Jets offense will run though Hall.

By comparison, Gibson has quite a bit of competition for touches, has had some health issues, and I don’t think Olave closes the gap on this one.

Gimme Hall here.

Agree.

Breece Hall
for

Hall for me and not close.

He’s not just a shiny new toy - his advanced metrics are as good as any rookie RB we’ve seen the last few years, he runs behind a + OL, and on a team that’s expected to be run-heavy. His only real competition is Carter, who the Jets thought so highly of that they traded up specifically to get Hall.

IMO the entire Jets offense will run though Hall.

By comparison, Gibson has quite a bit of competition for touches, has had some health issues, and I don’t think Olave closes the gap on this one.

Gimme Hall here.
I’m aHall fan, and I agree with your grock.
Mostly, I think this is a plus for the AG side because of value added.
Im high on Olave, and think AG is a fine lower end RB1.
Which I think is pretty much where Hall will spend most of his years.
So, a little bump down with the RB switch, and a nice shot of value with
CO added.
I hope Hall looks great this August.
But I could go either way, depending on roster makeup/scoring.

Just had this one accepted tonight and I'm super pumped about it

12 tm 1QB, 1PPR, start 2R/3W/1F

I give: 2022 1.04, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd (both presumed mid-late)

I get: Ja'Marr Chase

Used a combination of acquired picks and my own to do this deal, so I've still got a full complement of '23 picks and the '22 1.01 to take Breece with (I know, we haven't had our draft yet, it's lame). This jumpstarts the hell out of my rebuild plans, although admittedly eats up almost all of the extra draft capital I was accumulating.

Last edited:
10 Team, PPR, IDP

Team A gets Alan Robinson, James Robinson, 2022 4.4 pick, 2023 3rd round.

Team B gets AJ Dillion, Robert Woods, 2022 3.7, and 2023 2nd round.

I was involved in this trade, and feel it's pretty fair, for the most part.

Used a combination of acquired picks and my own to do this deal, so I've still got a full complement of '23 picks and the '22 1.01 to take Breece with (I know, we haven't had our draft yet, it's lame). This jumpstarts the hell out of my rebuild plans, although admittedly eats up almost all of the extra draft capital I was accumulating.
You should be pumped. Absolute robbery.

I can’t see how someone could move Chase for that. Makes zero sense.

How does he not at least hold out for the 1.01 instead of 1.04?

10 Team, PPR, IDP

I probably lean AJ Dillon, as ARob is a bit long in the tooth. Big gamble on James Robinson.

This is one of those deals that’s so close it makes me question why one would make it. I kinda have Woods & ARob as a wash, so the team getting the healthy RB wins.

I would pay 2x 2023 1st round picks for Chase easily (and might offer it come draft day 2023 based on this).

What an absolute steal. I doubt my league-mate would accept anything like this. Well played.

10 Team, PPR, IDP

I probably lean AJ Dillon, as ARob is a bit long in the tooth. Big gamble on James Robinson.

This is one of those deals that’s so close it makes me question why one would make it. I kinda have Woods & ARob as a wash, so the team getting the healthy RB wins.
I think this is very team dependent. If Alan Robinson fills a need on a win now team, it probably makes sense. Otherwise, give me the upside of Dillon.

10 Team, PPR, IDP

I think this is very team dependent. If Alan Robinson fills a need on a win now team, it probably makes sense. Otherwise, give me the upside of Dillon.
From what I’ve been reading about Bobby Trees, he’s the presumed WR1 in TEN and looks fantastic.

Seems like being the titans WR2 is roughly equal to being the Rams WR2. I think given good health these guys will finish pretty close to one another.

Related: this may be one of those posts that gets quoted and hilariously comes back to bite me in December.

Users who are viewing this thread