What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Made a couple moves today on my contending team that finished 2nd and is poised to contend again. Disclaimer, I am an idiot homer Dolphins fan who REALLY believes Tua is about to take a huge leap:

1 QB non-PPR.

Trade 1 - Traded Lamar Jackson for the 1.4 (Have Dak)
Trade 2 - Traded Devante Parker and a likely early 2023 2nd round pick for Tua

So in net:
Traded away Lamar, Parker, early 2023 2nd
Recieved Tua, 1.4

Made a couple moves today on my contending team that finished 2nd and is poised to contend again. Disclaimer, I am an idiot homer Dolphins fan who REALLY believes Tua is about to take a huge leap:

1 QB non-PPR.

So in net:
Recieved Tua, 1.4
First one is fine (honestly pretty amazing to get an early 1st for Lamar in a 1QB league). Nice get

2nd one…surprised you needed to spend an early 2nd on Tua but if that’s all you had (no late 2nd) then I guess you do what you gotta do to get “your guy“. Parker not a necessary sweetener to get Tua but I only play in shorter roster keeper leagues so he’s mostly a roster clogger/end of bench keeper there, so no big whoop.

12 team 1QB 1PPR, not involved

Right before our rookie draft we had this one go down this morning:

Team A gives 1.03
Team B gives 1.09 + 2024 1st

Team B is the same guy I got Chase from a couple days ago, so he now has the 1.03 and 1.04 (from me) and two firsts next year also.

PPR w/ 1.5 TEP & 4 Flex spots

Gabe Davis

For

2023 First (Likely to be between picks 8-10)
Phew. Pick easily for me.
Looking at projected 2023 ADP, who are you going to take at 1.08-1.10 over Gabe Davis?

A lot will certainly change, but as of now I’m looking at
1.08 Addison
1.09 Johnston
1.10 Tank Bigsby
1.11 Sean Tucker

I could see needing a RB, ok. But with Davis’ current value, one could trade him for a pretty good RB.

But I’m not sure why you’d take Addison or Johnson in their TBD situation with no NFL track record over Davis, who appears to be locked in to a valuable role in the Bills passing offense with Josh Allen, and who’s shown the ability to perform at the NFL level.

Not criticizing the response, just looking to understand it better.

I love 2023 picks more than most folks, and I would take the Davis side rather easily here.
I’m not a big Gabe fan buddy, so I think the value here is easily with the pick as it’s just going to continue to gain value. I know a lot of folks are convinced Gabe will as well, I just can’t say I’m there.
That doesn’t really answer my question. We all have our preferences. What is it about Davis you don’t like?

14 Team Dynasty ... NO PPR

Gave: AJones, Goedart
Got: Ekeler

I may be in the minority but I kinda see this as a free TE.
You are saying Jones and Ek are even? You could "maybe" make that argument this year but moving forward Jones value is going to plummet the more Dillon takes over. I'd take the Jones/Goedert side as well (especially in standard scoring) but to say its a free TE feels a little bit too much. Ek will be a #1 RB longer than Jones will for sure.
Nothing is certain and certainly not the shelf life of NFL RBs. Lots of things can change in a year or even a single play.

This one fell out of the sky a couple minutes ago.

FFPC 1QB

I gave 2023 7th
I got Palmer

I have room.
First thought is why does somebody give up on Palmer for a bag of chips but the answer is right in front of me. You have room. Assume this is the type of deal that happens this time of year due to roster and/or keeper restrictions.

First thought is why does somebody give up on Palmer for a bag of chips but the answer is right in front of me. You have room. Assume this is the type of deal that happens this time of year due to roster and/or keeper restrictions.
Yeah but even with the roster restrictions in FFPC (It is 20 inseason plus 3 IR) this is a snap call. The March cutdown to 16 (including K and D) is much, much steeper than this week 1 cutline. Honestly I don't even care if I didn't have room because I will gladly sacrifice a 7th to have the chance to flip for a 3rd or something. Plus I am in 26 of these and there are only like 3 where I have steep cutdown issues, and even in those I'll likely have room by week 1 due to injury and because at least a couple of the backend players are going to be more droppable than I think they are right now.

More to the point, Palmer has value and could have been shopped around for more. *I* would have paid a *lot* more on that same squad. Looking closer, this guy does have steep cutdown issues, and isn't particularly strong. Lots of roster clogger types like Parker, Landry, Boyd.

Devy League PPR

Team A - gets Kareem Hunt and a 2023 3rd (underclassman and rookies eligible in the draft)
Team B - gets Chase Claypool

1 QB non-PPR.

So in net:
Recieved Tua, 1.4
I don't have a big problem with this in a 1 QB league. 1.4 for Lamar is probably close to fair. You overpaid for Tua for sure as the 2nd by itself that is early and in a deep year for a draft is probably more than enough. You got your guy and a top draft pick but you definitely didn't win these trades.

12 team 1QB 1PPR, not involved

Right before our rookie draft we had this one go down this morning:

Team A gives 1.03
Team B gives 1.09 + 2024 1st

Team B is the same guy I got Chase from a couple days ago, so he now has the 1.03 and 1.04 (from me) and two firsts next year also.
In most years, I'd be ok with giving up a 1st 2 years down the road to move up 6 spots but not sure the talent warrants that this year. If you are really sold on London or whoever goes at 1.3 then I get making the move, especially not having to give up a pick in the vaunted 23 draft.

Team A gets stefon diggs. Team B gives 23rd 1st and chase claypool. What side do you like?
Depends on team makeup and where that pick ends up. If win-now, I like the Diggs side as long as that pick isn't a top 3-4 pick. If I'm rebuilding (especially if that pick has a decent chance of being in the top half) then I have no problem trading Diggs for this. If that is a late 1st, I'd probably want more for Diggs as he is going to have a monster year and just signed an extension.

10 team - 0.5 PPR -

Team A - #4 rookie / FA pick + Claypool
Team B - #10 rookie / FA pick + M. Pittman

#4 pick probably looking at top rookie WR

Team A (looking to win now and has pieces for future and the 1.1 this year)
Trades away: Leonard Fournette and Allen Robinson
to get
Team B:
Derrick Henry

Team A has Chubb, Fournette, Dobbins, Barkley and the 1.1 (Breece Hall) and Higgins, Hill, DJ Moore and Bateman at WR
Team B needs WR help as he has Sutton and a bucket of waiver fodder at WR

Just accepted AJ Brown for Higgins straight up in 1/2 PPR

Actually like Higgins a smidge better but I have Chase and just traded for Mixon, so my FF adviser strongly suggested "diversifying"..................

Traded away:
Daniel Jones

Traded For:
2023 3rd round pick
I’m not sure how I feel about this one. For a 3rd, I might have held to see if Dabol could have helped him turn the corner.

I packaged him for a ‘23 1st with a few other players & a 2nd in a SF league & I kind of regret not waiting - it’s a gamble.

I don’t hate the 3rd though. He could be worthless in a couple of months.

10 team - 0.5 PPR -

Team A - #4 rookie / FA pick + Claypool
Team B - #10 rookie / FA pick + M. Pittman

#4 pick probably looking at top rookie WR
This seems pretty fair as I think 1.4 is way better than 1.10 and like Pittman way more than Claypool. I think it depends on how you feel about those WRs and the one you will get at 4. Seems like fair value though to me.

Team A (looking to win now and has pieces for future and the 1.1 this year)
Trades away: Leonard Fournette and Allen Robinson
to get
Team B:
Derrick Henry

Team A has Chubb, Fournette, Dobbins, Barkley and the 1.1 (Breece Hall) and Higgins, Hill, DJ Moore and Bateman at WR
Team B needs WR help as he has Sutton and a bucket of waiver fodder at WR
I'd pay this all day for King Henry. Give up no picks and nobody young for a top 3 RB this year. Leo and A-Rob aren't exactly young either and if Henry shows out you could probably get more than this next offseason for him. Not sure why the team selling him would take that. You would think they would want younger players and/or picks. Doesn't make a lot of sense for them.

Just accepted AJ Brown for Higgins straight up in 1/2 PPR

Actually like Higgins a smidge better but I have Chase and just traded for Mixon, so my FF adviser strongly suggested "diversifying"..................
This is a good move for you. Get a little less interest in the Cincy offense and get a good WR who is still young too. I don't like AJB in Philly but I like his talent more than Higgins. I think this is a great move by you.

12T ppr Traded Kamara and 2 23 3rds for 2023 1st (likely 1.5-1.7), K Toney
This feels way light for Kamara. Especially since reports show he probably won't be suspended this year at all. I'm not high on Toney like some in here. I do like the 23 1st but not sure why you had to include 2 23 3rds at all. I would think it was light had you kept both of those picks too. Kamara still isn't that old (getting there though) and should be a top 5 RB or so this year easily.

I traded him this year and got 1.11, 1.12, a late projected 23 1st, and Mooney for him. That is a lot but no way I give him up for this package either.

FFPC 1QB rebuilding (still)

Gave M Thomas
Got G Wilson, 2023 2nd
I'm really hoping that in the first couple weeks of the season MT outperforms Olave pretty decently, I'd love to be able to pull a deal like this send MT to get Olave. Or maybe Burks if he starts slow...you've given me the belief that a deal can be made!

FFPC 1QB rebuilding (still)

Gave M Thomas
Got G Wilson, 2023 2nd
I'm really hoping that in the first couple weeks of the season MT outperforms Olave pretty decently, I'd love to be able to pull a deal like this send MT to get Olave. Or maybe Burks if he starts slow...you've given me the belief that a deal can be made!
I have had zero nibbles on MT for a very long time. I circled back and put a message saying I'd take any 2023 1st straight and then this came in and I snapped.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave K Allen, Gesicki, Badie
I got Amon-Ra, Everett, K Ingram

This is a rebuilder of mine and I'm glad to move Allen even though I think he can still be really good for a couple more years. I'm souring a bit on Gesicki with both Waddle and Tyreek there and I like Everett in LA a lot. The RB swap is obviously cheap but I have Conner and Eno and my trade partner has Gus Edwards and Dobbins so it fits nicely.

Kenneth walker and olave

For

Derrick Henry
I might be in the minority but if contending I like this a lot. It is 2 2022 1sts in a weak draft and I like Walker/Olave but they aren't as good as normal 1.02/1.08 picks (where they went in my draft) as previous years or next year. Henry is still a different RB than most out there and a true difference maker. Walker/Olave could be good pieces but neither may ever give you what King Henry can.

Kenneth walker and olave

For

Derrick Henry
I might be in the minority but if contending I like this a lot. It is 2 2022 1sts in a weak draft and I like Walker/Olave but they aren't as good as normal 1.02/1.08 picks (where they went in my draft) as previous years or next year. Henry is still a different RB than most out there and a true difference maker. Walker/Olave could be good pieces but neither may ever give you what King Henry can.
Henry is might still a different RB than most out there and a true difference maker.

We don't know how King Henry is going to pan out this season. I just remember flashbacks of LaDanian after his 2007 season his age 28 season. he was just never the same back. I sincerely hope that DH knocks it out of the park, but I also know that RBs nearing that 28 year tend to slow down at a very high rate. If he ends up as "just" an average back this season then you've effectively traded two young budding stars for a guy who MIGHT give you 2 above average RB season. It's a risky move, to be sure.

Kenneth walker and olave

For

Derrick Henry
Henry is might still a different RB than most out there and a true difference maker.

We don't know how King Henry is going to pan out this season. I just remember flashbacks of LaDanian after his 2007 season his age 28 season. he was just never the same back. I sincerely hope that DH knocks it out of the park, but I also know that RBs nearing that 28 year tend to slow down at a very high rate. If he ends up as "just" an average back this season then you've effectively traded two young budding stars for a guy who MIGHT give you 2 above average RB season. It's a risky move, to be sure.
I'd say King Henry is built way differently than LT (I love me some LT and think he is one of the top 5 RBs of all time). Way different body styles and DH didn't have a ton of miles put on his legs early in his career with Murray there. You are right there is a risk there but if I'm close to competing, I'm willing to do that in a heart beat.

Low end 2nd and 8th picks because of a weak draft for a guy who was absolutely killing the entire league last year before he had his first injury. He missed almost half the season and still finished 9th in rushing. Risk I'd take. To be fair, I don't see either Walker or Olave as being special players. Good but not great type guys.

Users who are viewing this thread