What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

FFPC SF

I gave Gabriel Davis, Claypool, Hubbard, 1.07, 2023 1st

I got Tyreek, 1.02

This is one of my better teams and I am too deep. 2 roster spots cleared here. Oh and this felt good.

FFPC SF

I got Tyreek, 1.02

This is one of my better teams and I am too deep. 2 roster spots cleared here. Oh and this felt good.
Tyreek side, by quite a bit. 

How will you sleep at night after these two trades? My goodness. 

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Davis, Gabriel BUF WR; 
  • 3.10 - 2022
Team B gave up 

• Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB; 
  • Collins, Nico HOU WR;
  • 2.07 - 2022

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Davis, Gabriel BUF WR; 
  • 3.10 - 2022
Team B gave up 

• Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB; 
  • Collins, Nico HOU WR;
  • 2.07 - 2022

Absolute steal for Davis...whether the playoff game is a sign of things to come is still up for debate but there is zero doubt there is a path to him being a very good fantasy WR and is someone that has a good amount of value right now...the return on this is very subpar...Vaughn does nothing for me, Collins is an average to slightly above average prospect and the 2.7 doesn't move the needle and when you factor in they gave up a third it does even less for me...this is just a real bad use of an asset...I really dislike deals like this where I can't understand what the thinking is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute steal for Davis...whether the playoff game is a sign of things to come is still up for debate but there is zero doubt there is a path to him being a very good fantasy WR 
Yes - I was one of those shading Davis a bit (based on his first round trade value), but I accepted this offer because I think Davis has the most upside in the deal by far. I'm still not 100% sold on Davis, but the upside playing with Allen is real - lets see if it comes to fruition.

Yes - I was one of those shading Davis a bit (based on his first round trade value), but I accepted this offer because I think Davis has the most upside in the deal by far. I'm still not 100% sold on Davis, but the upside playing with Allen is real - lets see if it comes to fruition.
Welcome to the Davis shareholder’s club.  And nice price foe the acquisition, too. I’m not sure Vaughn will be anything in the NFL, and while I like Nico, I like Davis’  potential situation more. The picks are meh.   :hifive:

Welcome to the Davis shareholder’s club.  And nice price foe the acquisition, too. I’m not sure Vaughn will be anything in the NFL, and while I like Nico, I like Davis’  potential situation more. The picks are meh.   :hifive:
My one hesitation is if TB decides to rebuild post Brady they may just stick with Vaughn for the season as their main RB. Ronnie Jones is an UFA and I believe Fournette was only on a one year deal. I could use RB depth there. However, even adding a later round RB in the draft could potentially make Vaughn obsolete as they don't seem to have much faith in him in Tampa.

My one hesitation is if TB decides to rebuild post Brady they may just stick with Vaughn for the season as their main RB. Ronnie Jones is an UFA and I believe Fournette was only on a one year deal. I could use RB depth there. However, even adding a later round RB in the draft could potentially make Vaughn obsolete as they don't seem to have much faith in him in Tampa.
I haven’t seen anything impressive from him yet. Small sample size I resize. 

I agree they might ride him as a cheap rebuild RB, but you’re likely to get middling to poor production out of him.

Even if you aren’t high on him I bet you could flip him for more than you gave up or package him with someone else or a pick as part of a bigger deal…there is no downside with what you gave up.

Me too, I'll take the chance on Barkley and pray lol.
I like the front office moves NY has made this offseason a lot. DET is on the rise, but Barkley still has a chance to be an elite FF option.

both players have been bit by the injury bug. I’d like to see Barkley a full year+ removed from his injury.

It’s not a wide chasm between the two, so this probably boils down to personal preference. I concede I may be making the wrong choice. 

I like the front office moves NY has made this offseason a lot. DET is on the rise, but Barkley still has a chance to be an elite FF option.

both players have been bit by the injury bug. I’d like to see Barkley a full year+ removed from his injury.

It’s not a wide chasm between the two, so this probably boils down to personal preference. I concede I may be making the wrong choice. 
Heck, I'd take a healthy Barkley over Swift easily, the risk is injury but also that he's lost a massive step as looked to be the case last year. If he's back to his first season talent and can stay on the field he could be the #1 RB for multiple season. If lol.

FFPC 1QB

I gave Sermon, 2023 2nd

I got Burrow

Paired with Chase now and my goodness that is one less Sermon share.
I'm in a 1QB and have Herbert and Dak.  I have Dak and Burrow as pretty close fantasy-wise.  If someone offered me Sermon and a 2nd for him I'd be posting about it in a different thread in the SP.  Well done sir.  

FFPC (Not involved)

Team A gives: D.Swift

Team B gives: S.Barkley, 2.02 & 2.11
I'm out on Barkley, just too much risk.  He's uber-talented, but between injury history, crappy team, crappy QB, new coach, so much could happen that would just continue to derail him.  He's one of my "let him be someone else's headache" type guys  

FFPC SF

I got Tyreek, 1.02

How in the hell did you manage to get the 1.02 added into this?   You're on a roll dude, I dunno how many leagues you're in but you should have feelers out in all of them right now, ride the streak! 

Not involved but saw this trade which made no sense go down other day in FFPC:

Team A was the second worst team in the league last year on points, third worst in VP's.

Team B is b2b league winner.

They swapped out first and second round picks in the 2023 draft so Team A,  the bad team, could acquire soon to be 31 year old FA Cordarelle Patterson.

Same league, different teams make this trade yesterday, FFPC, standard:

Rebuilding team acquires: Godwin, D Henderson, 3.2

Contending team acquires: Elijah Moore, 4.12

My guess is most prefer the Godwin side but when I saw this go down my reaction was meh.

What I just saw was one team is absolutely flipping out right now over the rebuilding team getting Godwin for that price. Meanwhile, not a peep about one of best teams in the league turning their likely late 2023 #1 and #2 into very likely high picks for Cordarelle Patterson(who I just found people are outright cutting in some leagues). This league has been around since 2012 but it's pretty dead and messages on league site are rare-have gone an entire season without one. Just odd to me the Godwin trade is what it took to set someone off, but not a trade which is far more likely to impact the championship races.

Same league, different teams make this trade yesterday, FFPC, standard:

Rebuilding team acquires: Godwin, D Henderson, 3.2

Contending team acquires: Elijah Moore, 4.12

My guess is most prefer the Godwin side but when I saw this go down my reaction was meh.

What I just saw was one team is absolutely flipping out right now over the rebuilding team getting Godwin for that price. Meanwhile, not a peep about one of best teams in the league turning their likely late 2023 #1 and #2 into very likely high picks for Cordarelle Patterson(who I just found people are outright cutting in some leagues). This league has been around since 2012 but it's pretty dead and messages on league site are rare-have gone an entire season without one. Just odd to me the Godwin trade is what it took to set someone off, but not a trade which is far more likely to impact the championship races.
I actually prefer the Moore side.

either way, I don’t see anything to scream or freak out about here. 

FFPC SF

I got Tyreek, 1.02

This is just robbery.  Like this should have been Hill and maybe 2.2 in a down draft to be fair.  How does this person include 1.2 in this trade.  I hope you gave him the reach around.

as opposed to Barley's iron man status?
To his defense, Swift's injury history goes back to his Georgia days and has continued in the NFL.  As far as I know Barkley only has this one serous injury.  Swift was always dinged at Georgia even though he didn't miss a lot of games.  Now he still seems to be fragile in the NFL.  Who knows, maybe that will disappear going forward, but one has to take notice of it.

How in the hell did you manage to get the 1.02 added into this?   You're on a roll dude, I dunno how many leagues you're in but you should have feelers out in all of them right now, ride the streak! 
Ok so this one is worth explaining a bit.

I see an email offer of Claypool and Davis and my future 1st for Tyreek. I know it sounds crazy but I didn't want to spend my 1st (trying to avoid spending many 2023 1sts this cycle) even though the offer was still pretty dang good for Tyreek.

But ran into an ethical concern when I went to the team page on ffpc and saw there was an earlier offer of just Davis and my 1st for Tyreek. No Claypool. I took the high road and didn't accept that one since it sure seemed like it was in error. Told him so and then countered the Claypool one with GD, CC and my 2023 2nd.

He counters with my 2023 1st again and he adds a couple 4ths to come back to me. I reject without a note and leave it be.

He sends me the one for my 2023 1st plus my 1.07 for his 1.02. I paid the deposit and snapped it.

To his defense, Swift's injury history goes back to his Georgia days and has continued in the NFL.  As far as I know Barkley only has this one serous injury.  Swift was always dinged at Georgia even though he didn't miss a lot of games.  Now he still seems to be fragile in the NFL.  Who knows, maybe that will disappear going forward, but one has to take notice of it.
You may want to double check on that.

Ok so this one is worth explaining a bit.

I see an email offer of Claypool and Davis and my future 1st for Tyreek. I know it sounds crazy but I didn't want to spend my 1st (trying to avoid spending many 2023 1sts this cycle) even though the offer was still pretty dang good for Tyreek.

But ran into an ethical concern when I went to the team page on ffpc and saw there was an earlier offer of just Davis and my 1st for Tyreek. No Claypool. I took the high road and didn't accept that one since it sure seemed like it was in error. Told him so and then countered the Claypool one with GD, CC and my 2023 2nd.

He counters with my 2023 1st again and he adds a couple 4ths to come back to me. I reject without a note and leave it be.

He sends me the one for my 2023 1st plus my 1.07 for his 1.02. I paid the deposit and snapped it.
I'm always the guy that hates the "who won this trade" type speculation.  Everyone is so focused on having to win the trade when the goal is to improve your team, however necessary.  

But damn you won the hell out of this one.  And even sweeter that it was his idea. 

Barkley has missed 23 out of a possible 64 games (35%)

Swift has missed 6 out of a possible 32 games (18%)

Before 2020, where he missed 14  of 16 games, going down in week 2, he only missed 3 games in 2019 and 4 in 2021 (post surgery).  My point is not how many games either has missed, but that Swift is always dinged, dating back to Georgia and that has continued in the NFL.  Which seems more consistent with fragile than someone who tore his ACL one year.

Before 2020, where he missed 14  of 16 games, going down in week 2, he only missed 3 games in 2019 and 4 in 2021 (post surgery).  My point is not how many games either has missed, but that Swift is always dinged, dating back to Georgia and that has continued in the NFL.  Which seems more consistent with fragile than someone who tore his ACL one year.
Swift had two seasons where he missed 3 games each. So did Barkley (and in one of them he played through a HAS and was terrible) - plus a season where he missed 14 games. You can't call one of them injury prone and not the other. That's just silly.

You've said the bolded about 135 times on this board and it's based on nothing. He missed 2 games (to a concussion) his entire college career and left two games with minor injures and was highly productive (so not sure how he's always "dinged" or why it would matter).

Swift had two seasons where he missed 3 games each. So did Barkley (and in one of them he played through a HAS and was terrible) - plus a season where he missed 14 games. You can't call one of them injury prone and not the other. That's just silly.

You've said the bolded about 135 times on this board and it's based on nothing. He missed 2 games (to a concussion) his entire college career and left two games with minor injures and was highly productive (so not sure how he's always "dinged" or why it would matter).
Sure it is based on something.  Counting his days in Georgia It's an indicator to me that Swift gets dinged more than Barkley.  If you take away the ACL tear in 2020, Barkley hasn't been as injury prone as Swift.  Looks like Barkley has had issues with ankle injuries (not counting the ACL tear) and Swift has had an assortment of injuries.

Swift 

Sep 15, 2018 Non-NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 Swift dealt with a groin injury as he exited early from the Middle Tennessee game Sept. 15.

Nov 30, 2019 Non-NFL Shoulder Swift left the game at Georgia Tech in the third quarter with an apparent left shoulder injury.

Nov 19, 2020 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Swift missed two games after being diagnosed with a concussion.

Aug 4, 2021 NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 Swift suffered a groin injury during the Lions' training camp. He has been regular on Lions injury reports managing this groin injury since the training camp

Nov 25, 2021 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Swift suffered an AC joint injury during Week 12's loss to the Bears.

Barkley

Sep 26, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Barkley missed 2 games as a freshman with an ankle injury.

Nov 26, 2016 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Barkley injured his right ankle in the 3rd quarter vs. Michigan State but was able to play the following week.

Aug 13, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Barkley was hurt in camp while running a pass route. He missed 8 days but was ready for Week 1.

Sep 22, 2019 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 He suffered a high ankle sprain in the second quarter against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

***** Sep 20, 2020NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Barkley suffered a torn ACL during the Week 2 contest at Chicago. His season was over after just two games.  He also suffered Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2Barkley suffered an MCL strain during the Week 2 contest at Chicago.

Oct 10, 2021 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Barkley suffered a low-ankle injury in Week 5 contest against the Dallas Cowboys.

Sure it is based on something.  Counting his days in Georgia It's an indicator to me that Swift gets dinged more than Barkley.  If you take away the ACL tear in 2020, Barkley hasn't been as injury prone as Swift.

Swift 

Sep 15, 2018 Non-NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2Swift dealt with a groin injury as he exited early from the Middle Tennessee game Sept. 15.

Nov 30, 2019 Non-NFL Shoulder Swift left the game at Georgia Tech in the third quarter with an apparent left shoulder injury.

Nov 19, 2020 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Swift missed two games after being diagnosed with a concussion.

Aug 4, 2021 NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2Swift suffered a groin injury during the Lions' training camp. He has been regular on Lions injury reports managing this groin injury since the training camp

Nov 25, 2021 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Swift suffered an AC joint injury during Week 12's loss to the Bears.

Barkley

Sep 26, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Barkley missed 2 games as a freshman with an ankle injury.

Nov 26, 2016 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Barkley injured his right ankle in the 3rd quarter vs. Michigan State but was able to play the following week.

Aug 13, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Barkley was hurt in camp while running a pass route. He missed 8 days but was ready for Week 1.

Sep 22, 2019 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 He suffered a high ankle sprain in the second quarter against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

***** Sep 20, 2020NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Barkley suffered a torn ACL during the Week 2 contest at Chicago. His season was over after just two games.  He also suffered Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2Barkley suffered an MCL strain during the Week 2 contest at Chicago.

Oct 10, 2021 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Barkley suffered a low-ankle injury in Week 5 contest against the Dallas Cowboys.

Yeah, you said that, but if you take away the ACL / MCL from 2020 what are the percentages?  Swift is always hurt with something and that has always been the issue with him.   You have to admit that it seems Swift  always has something wrong with him.

I don't have a side in the argument and this isn't a criticism because it seems intuitive but i don't think games missed over total games is a good metric especially when talking about season ending injuries.  

Who would you rather have, a guy who tore his acl in the preseason last year and missed 16 games, or a guy who tore his acl in the superbowl last year and missed zero?   

I think you can make the case that guys who got injured early in the season might have started out in worse shape on average than their peers who got hurt later, while the guys who got hurt later probably, on average, played more through nagging injuries or wore down more as the year went on. 

But i don't know if any of that is really predictive. 

I don't have a side in the argument and this isn't a criticism because it seems intuitive but i don't think games missed over total games is a good metric especially when talking about season ending injuries.  

Who would you rather have, a guy who tore his acl in the preseason last year and missed 16 games, or a guy who tore his acl in the superbowl last year and missed zero?   

I think you can make the case that guys who got injured early in the season might have started out in worse shape on average than their peers who got hurt later, while the guys who got hurt later probably, on average, played more through nagging injuries or wore down more as the year went on. 

But i don't know if any of that is really predictive. 
None of it is predictive - I was just responding to the fact that some one is suggesting Swift is injury prone in comparison to Barkley. It's an extremely weird position to take because it doesn't make sense on any level whatsoever. Personally I think all RBs are potentially injury prone.

I'll drop it though because you can't convince some one that is stuck in their ways.

Yeah, you said that, but if you take away the ACL / MCL from 2020 what are the percentages?  Swift is always hurt with something and that has always been the issue with him.   You have to admit that it seems Swift  always has something wrong with him.
Other than that how was the play. Mrs. Lincoln?

They would each have two seasons where they missed 3 games each - and in one of them Barkley was banged up all season and was terrible. Barkley did play in 16 games his rookie season though, Swift has only played two NFL seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread