What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Eagles vs Falcons - Game Thread (3 Viewers)

Average temperature in Boston in November is above 50. Don't play in January there too often. I agree weather is a dumb reason, and one of Philly's worse losses ever was at home vs. TB in the cold. But saying Matt Ryan has experience playing in Boston in October and November means nothing. Wind will probably matter more than temperature. Makes short passes and screens more important. Falcons won't be able to run on Philly but Eagles LB are mediocre and Falcons RB are good. 
It’s just a dumb stat...  it’s not even a stat. I work in analytics, if I tried to pass something off with 3 or 4 datapoints as a future predictor I’d be fired. 

Nope.  
Does Vegas know it’s -91 degrees in Philly?  I’m just happy Philly’s starting QB for this game came from the equally frigid climate of Arizona so he won’t be out of his element. 

Serious talk, good luck. Your DL will feast - we need better play from Mack and our guards today than last week. If we lose, that’s why we lose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Vegas know it’s -91 degrees in Philly?  I’m just happy Philly’s starting QB for this game came from the equally frigid climate of Arizona so he won’t be out of his element. 

Serious talk, good luck. Your DL will feast - we need better play from Mack and our guards today than last week. If we lose, that’s why we lose. 
It's gonna be a good game

I think it’s imperative that Philly gets off to a fast start today. I also think they’ll need a big play for a TD on defense or special teams to win. I don’t think they get it. 20-17 Atlanta. 

When he throws for 375 and 4 TDs, you’re going to put the loss on him?  The guy played at BC and grew up in Philly. If we lose today, it’s not because he’s cold. 
Well it was an early December regular season game, I agree the Giants game is more representative.

As it should - it’s a 6 seed at a 1 seed. Has a 1 seed ever been an underdog against a 6?
I hate people making a big deal about the 1 seed underdog thing.  If Brady went down, Tenn would probably be favoured over them too. 

The CURRENT Philly team is not a 1-seed.  They aren't as good as a 1 seed.  Can't keep acting like this is some crazy phenomenon that they're underdogs.

ouchie:

Odds to win the NFC

Minnesota Vikings

+125 

New Orleans Saints

+250 

Atlanta Falcons

+300 

Philadelphia Eagles

+400 

I hate people making a big deal about the 1 seed underdog thing.  If Brady went down, Tenn would probably be favoured over them too. 

The CURRENT Philly team is not a 1-seed.  They aren't as good as a 1 seed.  Can't keep acting like this is some crazy phenomenon that they're underdogs.
With Belicheck at home, the Patriots would still be favored at home, even with Hoyer. 

And the big thing is that even as only a 3 point underdog, almost everyone (other than Eagle's fans) are universally picking the Falcons. I have never seen a team picked so much when they were only a 3 point favorite.

With Belicheck at home, the Patriots would still be favored at home, even with Hoyer. 

And the big thing is that even as only a 3 point underdog, almost everyone (other than Eagle's fans) are universally picking the Falcons. I have never seen a team picked so much when they were only a 3 point favorite.
Pats might have been a bad example because they're favoured so heavily.  Steelers are a better example. They would be underdogs without Ben this weekend. Wouldn't call that a "lack of respect" if that were the case. 

3 point road favourites are almost always picked to win by most analysts and experts. 

The amount of respect we are getting as 2.5 point underdogs without our starting qb I think is pretty fair. Still think we have an incredible shot to win, but it makes sense and I'm not surprised that ppl are picking Atlanta. 

It's 34.  That 's not cold 

"Hot-lanta" is one of the dumbest terms i have heard. Watching this pre-game stuff i am beginning to dislike Atlanta more and more
We don’t really say that - I agree it’s annoying.

I’m horrible at predictions.  I think our defense is playing as well as I can remember - the key for Ryan is to not make mistakes and take what the Eagles give them.  I think if it comes down to QB play the edge is obviously to Atlanta - hopefully Atlanta D never lets Foles get comfortable and can force a mistake or two.

Also, underrated part of Atlanta team is Bryant - he’s money.  I expect scores to be FGs - I’ll go with 19-16 Falcons.

too important and big a game to hang on FBG posting the whole time....see y'all after the game!

I hate both these teams. Philly ain't doing squat without Wentz, and ATL is too inconistent to win it all. This game is meaningless in the playoff scheme.

one of my concerns was looking little flat coming off the bye. defense looks a step behind almost every play

Users who are viewing this thread