What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

I've got all the ribbons except for:

Aerial service - 15 minutes/19 kills in a plane. I almost got it one time on Dalian plant, will be able to get it.

Helicopter service - 15 minutes/19 kills in a chopper. An unnamed bovine was supposed to try to help me get this, but an unnamed reptile ended up getting it instead. Will get it.

Legion of Merit - 200 hours on the battlefield, team score of 50 in a round. I should get this either later tonight (If I play 4 hours) or tomorrow.

Staff Officer - Commander score of 50/28 minutes in a round. The 50 is before the double, will probably get it, but 28 minute rounds aren't real common.

War College - 50 hours as commander/Global Win/Loss ratio of 3:1. Probably will never get, my WL ratio is pretty close to 1 with nearly 200 hours put in.

war college is impossible unless you cheat(switch to the winning team every game) or team stack with a good clan. Even if you are the best player in the world, you cant influence the game enough to win at that rate.

the 3-1 ratio is a dumb requirement. it should be 3-1 when you are commanding.

Anyone who has this ribbon stat padded to get it. there is no way around it.

I need to play 34 minutes in a round to get the Combat Infanty and Marksman Infanty Medals. Wow, 34 minutes in a round. That's a long game. It's not gonna be easy for that. I also need 27 kills in a round with no team damage/kills for the Good Conduct Medal.

I need to play 34 minutes in a round to get the Combat Infanty and Marksman Infanty Medals. Wow, 34 minutes in a round. That's a long game. It's not gonna be easy for that. I also need 27 kills in a round with no team damage/kills for the Good Conduct Medal.
I have received the Good Conduct twice now, but I would agree that the War College is an absolute joke.Now for my partial review of the MX518 gamer for GS - I like the feel of it a lot. Yes, it is wired, but I usually don't have too much of a problem with that. It has 8 programmable buttons, which is nice. It does NOT let the mouse scroller go laterally - just forward and backward. However, I have found that this is not very important for me. I strafe with the A and D keys, and that is more comfy for me.

Anyway, I think I will like it. I finally brought my new gaming computer home to hook up with a KVM, so I will be gaming from that system exclusively now. :excited: :nerd: :excited:

tried the G3 assault unlock tonight. i kinda like it. will experiment more later.

its pretty darm accurate in single shot and has big time stopping power. small clip though, and no grenade launcher

I'm going in. I'm on TS under the FBG section at FragHaus. Look for me on the tracker.
Dude, how are you still married? :loco: I think I am gonna have to invest a little wifey time tonight. Of course, if the wife were to want to watch one of her taped shows. . . :nerd:

I'm going in. I'm on TS under the FBG section at FragHaus. Look for me on the tracker.
Dude, how are you still married? :loco: I think I am gonna have to invest a little wifey time tonight. Of course, if the wife were to want to watch one of her taped shows. . . :nerd:
It's all about priorities. I'm not one of her priorities.She and the kids just left for the in-laws, and since Rock Chalk Jayhawk screwed my brackets up, I'm going in now. TS as usual.

getting o so close to first sarge, which will likely be my final promotion. Stats arent updating though, so i cant tell how close

Hardware update: My mobo only has 2 slots, so I'm capped a 1GB right now. I'm probably going to go buy 2 1GB sticks, so let me know if anyone wants to buy 2 512 PC 3200 (400 MHZ) cheap.

Hardware update: My mobo only has 2 slots, so I'm capped a 1GB right now. I'm probably going to go buy 2 1GB sticks, so let me know if anyone wants to buy 2 512 PC 3200 (400 MHZ) cheap.
I can recommend some great 2X1GB sets if you are interested.

getting o so close to first sarge, which will likely be my final promotion. Stats arent updating though, so i cant tell how close
You not going to go to the next level?
ill never make it. thats alot of points away.
I agree with that. I will be lucky to make 20K for First Sgt. With Oblivion coming out in 3 days, and then throw in my playing Guild Wars a little more and the, a few others, 20K will be about my cap, I think.

You not going to go to the next level?
ill never make it. thats alot of points away.
I agree with that. I will be lucky to make 20K for First Sgt. With Oblivion coming out in 3 days, and then throw in my playing Guild Wars a little more and the, a few others, 20K will be about my cap, I think.
I'll make it, maybe the Gator will stick it through with me.

Looking at this one from NewEgg, 119 after rebate. Any others?Link

I would recommend that if you are not gonna do much overclocking. Great deal.

Another question: Can I run SATA and ATA hard drives at the same time? There's a good deal at CompUSA for an SATA, but I don't want the hassle of reinstalling everything. Will BF2 pickup the speed benefits if I reinstall it on the new hard drive, or will the entire system slow down to the ATA bandwidth?

I would recommend that if you are not gonna do much overclocking. Great deal.
Crap, it sold out last night before I got to order it.

Whew, I just got home from a weekend of camping. I stopped on the way back from camper storage and bought another GB of ram and a G5 lazer mouse. Looking forward to trying the game tonight with my new toys.

I've got all the ribbons except for:

Aerial service - 15 minutes/19 kills in a plane.  I almost got it one time on Dalian plant, will be able to get it.

Helicopter service - 15 minutes/19 kills in a chopper.  An unnamed bovine was supposed to try to help me get this, but an unnamed reptile ended up getting it instead.  Will get it.

Legion of Merit - 200 hours on the battlefield, team score of 50 in a round.  I should get this either later tonight (If I play 4 hours) or tomorrow.

Staff Officer - Commander score of 50/28 minutes in a round.  The 50 is before the double, will probably get it, but 28 minute rounds aren't real common.

War College - 50 hours as commander/Global Win/Loss ratio of 3:1.  Probably will never get, my WL ratio is pretty close to 1 with nearly 200 hours put in.
I recall an unnamed reptile offering to give up his seat once he got the ribbon, but an unnamed rap has-been declined.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Pork and TLEF, I can see you are both reading this. Feel like playing?
i was just on. i played alot this weekend. maybe some tonight, but i think my push for first sarge burnt me out.edit: its nice seing the first sarge icon next to my name. Finally have a chance at logging some commander time

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Pork and TLEF, I can see you are both reading this.  Feel like playing?
i was just on. i played alot this weekend. maybe some tonight, but i think my push for first sarge burnt me out.edit: its nice seing the first sarge icon next to my name. Finally have a chance at logging some commander time
Congratlatutions. I think I'll make Gunny before some other game captures my attention. I doubt I'll ever see First Sergeant.

now that i look at it, maybe i have a shot at reaching the next rank.

Over the last 31 days ive averaged 282 points per day. Divide 30000 by 282 and you get about 106 days. I will definetly play this game for at least another 3 months. It would be nice if they would release a booster pack with maps i will play, but i guess ill just have to deal.

i think i may start playing some more special forces. i actually havent touched it in the last few months since i got my new vid card. Maybe the performance drop off wont be that bad.

the only thing that sucks is ill have to get basic aviator, helicopter, transport and air defense to get sargent major. im not sure i can learn to fly a plane with a keyboard, or at all.

OK Pork and TLEF, I can see you are both reading this. Feel like playing?
Congratlatutions. I think I'll make Gunny before some other game captures my attention. I doubt I'll ever see First Sergeant.
I was happy to make Gunny. I will probably make 1st Sgt, but pretty positive I won't go too far beyond that.

I will try to be on in a few minutes. I have to set up a KVM switch so I can use my new gaming computer at my home area. Gotta figure out surround sound and such, and gonna give that gaming MX518 a run tonight, though I won't have time to configure the controls too much.

I will try to be on in a few minutes. I have to set up a KVM switch so I can use my new gaming computer at my home area. Gotta figure out surround sound and such, and gonna give that gaming MX518 a run tonight, though I won't have time to configure the controls too much.
Ilove the G5 so far. It literally glides across the WOW pad.

I should mention I got my first top finish medal today. Got the Silver on Gulf Of Oman with Cooleyo earlier. It wasn't a particularily good round, I didn't do anything particularily great. Which is what suprises me so much that I didn't already stumble into one prior to this.

So far liking the MX518. Feels very clean on the hand. Combined with my G15, I have solidified my :nerd: status for years to come.

So far liking the MX518. Feels very clean on the hand. Combined with my G15, I have solidified my :nerd: status for years to come.
Does the G15 support BF2? It can show you how much ammo you have left in non-active weapons?

Does the G15 support BF2? It can show you how much ammo you have left in non-active weapons?
Haven't played around with it much, but there is a lot of customizability with that LCD screen. I just haven't had the time.

Holy hell, Shawn. Job down? 9:43 AM on a Monday the dude is playing. :hot:
I only played 2 rounds. My wife was running an errand. I work from home, so, my hours are "flexible."
So by flexible, kinda nonexistent sometimes? ;)
Nah, I put my hours in. Although we're pretty stable now, I really only bill about 40 hours a week.
"Yes, sir. I am hard at work on that problem right now. It will go along a little faster if these base-raping #####es would stop and let me earn my ribbon, but that is out of my control."

Holy hell, Shawn. Job down? 9:43 AM on a Monday the dude is playing. :hot:
I only played 2 rounds. My wife was running an errand. I work from home, so, my hours are "flexible."
So by flexible, kinda nonexistent sometimes? ;)
Nah, I put my hours in. Although we're pretty stable now, I really only bill about 40 hours a week.
"Yes, sir. I am hard at work on that problem right now. It will go along a little faster if these base-raping #####es would stop and let me earn my ribbon, but that is out of my control."
That sounds about right.

That was a lot of fun Corp and Gator. You other FBG's missed out on the convoys of engineers that we were running in tanks. We opened many a can of whoopass tonight with three tanks running together healing each other the whole time. :thumbup:

I played last night for the first time in about 2 months since my shoulder surgery. It was also the first time since the last 2 patches came out. So, not knowing when I throw up a UAV that there is an actual plane flying around I planted one near a hot base just as a friendly was flying in the same area and blew him to hell. Ooops.

That was a lot of fun Corp and Gator. You other FBG's missed out on the convoys of engineers that we were running in tanks. We opened many a can of whoopass tonight with three tanks running together healing each other the whole time. :thumbup:
I noticed this tactic last night. Always a swarm of LAV's and Tanks going around and capping flags. I guess this makes up for the Blackhawks not being so powerful now.I was commander on Fushee last night and dropped Artillery on the last flag, got 9 kills in one shot :D

Users who are viewing this thread