What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Game Thread*** Green Bay at Detroit TNF edition (1 Viewer)

The only way Rodgers can get the ball to,the end zone is,if,you rush 3 and let him step out of the pocket and wind up.

It wasn't a playoff game but that play looked similar to the Favre-to-Sharpe pass. Rodgers even threw in the taking off the helmet similar to Favre on his run down.
WTF are you talking about? I don't ever remember a Packers Hail Mary. Favre hit Sharpe on a great play but it wasn't a Hail Mary or last play of the game. And Favre took his helmet off on the first touchdown pass in the Super Bowl against New England.
Wow, how little do you know? Go do some research.

:lmao: @ all these talking heads ignoring that there are 2 types of face masking and this was in no way the 15 yard type.
The rule was changed in 2008. There is only one type of facemask in the NFL.
Correct...and this wasn't it. A scrambling QB, in the process of bobbing and bouncing up and down, manages to barely brush the thumb of the defender with his face mask and the official calls a 15 yard penalty, extending a game that was over, which ends up resulting in the outcome being reversed. The refs have once again decided the an NFL game. Remember the good ol' days when players decide outcomes?
1. BS. I'm stil not convinced it WASNT a facemask after replay and live it definitely looked like one.

2. And even if it was a bad call, after that all Detroit had to do was defend a Hail Mary pass that has to have somewhere around a 1 % success rate. Detroit failed miserably here. The loss is on them and nobody else.
1. Nope. Minor incidental contact is NOT what the spirit of the facemask rule is about.

2. Yep. They failed miserably on a play that never should have happened.

It wasn't a playoff game but that play looked similar to the Favre-to-Sharpe pass. Rodgers even threw in the taking off the helmet similar to Favre on his run down.
WTF are you talking about? I don't ever remember a Packers Hail Mary. Favre hit Sharpe on a great play but it wasn't a Hail Mary or last play of the game. And Favre took his helmet off on the first touchdown pass in the Super Bowl against New England.
Wow, how little do you know? Go do some research.
Not a Stinger fan...but the play to Sharpe wasnt a hail Mary at all.

Think it was the week before in the Silverdome (week 17). Won the division title, next week Packers held Barry to 0 or -10 or something absurd
Nope, he's right. Lions won the week before, came right back and beat them on the last play in the Silverdome

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199401080det.htm
Minute left

wide open

Favre's first playoff win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbwiuz9utmI

And the Packers did it the right way. You don't allow your defense a chance to blow it. Score on the final final play.

This doesn't change the fact that the Packers aren't very good. They got a gift tonight but they still don't have any receivers that can get open. They still have offensive line problems. This did nothing to change any of that.

Alright. Just showed replay of Facemask. Uh he just touched his facemask. The rest was on the shoulder. Rodgers jerked his head to the side himself.

Welp - it would have been an uphill battle for the Lions to make the playoffs anyways so perhaps this was a good outcome for them in the grand scheme of things.
Biggest loser tonight, me.
:goodposting:
Wait, I know someone else who alters quotes.... Goes by ITS.
Sure, that's original. I like iTS, unlike you, he's entertaining and beyond the shtick he actually knows stuff about football. You? Not so much. :lmao:

:lmao: @ all these talking heads ignoring that there are 2 types of face masking and this was in no way the 15 yard type.
The rule was changed in 2008. There is only one type of facemask in the NFL.
Correct...and this wasn't it. A scrambling QB, in the process of bobbing and bouncing up and down, manages to barely brush the thumb of the defender with his face mask and the official calls a 15 yard penalty, extending a game that was over, which ends up resulting in the outcome being reversed. The refs have once again decided the an NFL game. Remember the good ol' days when players decide outcomes?
1. BS. I'm stil not convinced it WASNT a facemask after replay and live it definitely looked like one.

2. And even if it was a bad call, after that all Detroit had to do was defend a Hail Mary pass that has to have somewhere around a 1 % success rate. Detroit failed miserably here. The loss is on them and nobody else.
1. Nope. Minor incidental contact is NOT what the spirit of the facemask rule is about.

2. Yep. They failed miserably on a play that never should have happened.
If you think that was minor incidental contact then I don't know what to tell you. Just watched replay again- It was a good call.

And again, even if it wasnt there is no excuse for Detroit's failure to defend that play. They had 2 guys defending the sidelines with no friggin time left.

But as evidenced by this forum on a daily basis.....Stupidity is a pretty common thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero outrage at the non-facemask, and then the hold and the block in the back on that final play.
It was a facemask. Everyone agrees on TV now.No official calls that hold on the final play.
You can certainly pretend that was a facemask if Rodgers was a QB because of QB protection, but as a runner--which he was on that play--there is a ton of incidental contact to facemasks. Rodgers' greatest play was just pushing his head to the side to cheat a flag out of the refs.

Welp - it would have been an uphill battle for the Lions to make the playoffs anyways so perhaps this was a good outcome for them in the grand scheme of things.
Sure, that's original. I like iTS, unlike you, he's entertaining and beyond the shtick he actually knows stuff about football. You? Not so much. :lmao:
Well, I would hope you like yourself. Sorry to blow your cover. I thought this was common knowledge. :shrug:

Not so sure about this. Definitely not entertaining.

Wow, perhaps the worst hail mary defensive positioning I've ever seen. 4 defenders behind the play in the back of the endzone and no one on the wide open receiver, with a 3 man rush on a 61 yard pass? Just crazy.

He gets all the Shark Pool guys riled up, which is entertaining.

I actually liked the the 5 yard face mask penalties for inadvertent contact. Now they call everything the same whether accidental grab or an attempted decapitation.

Think it was the week before in the Silverdome (week 17). Won the division title, next week Packers held Barry to 0 or -10 or something absurd
Nope, he's right. Lions won the week before, came right back and beat them on the last play in the Silverdome

Was it the last play? I don't remember.

I guess pure troll though. Talks all kinds of #### then never appears again. Not a huge fan and I'm a Seattle guy.

Christine Michael highlight film FTW

Well, I would hope you like yourself. Sorry to blow your cover. I thought this was common knowledge. :shrug:
Sorry you made yourself look like the fraud you are earlier, you don't eat crow very well at all. You'll get'em in some game thread this weekend. Hopefully you can report 50+ posts, I have good intel you lead the Shark Pool in post reporting. Your family must be proud of you. :thumbup:

Found the (bad quality) video upthread

1:04 left when they snapped

Sharpe was wide open

he was probably Sheldon White's man

ya know...the interim GM for the Lions

While I agree with you that he definitely knows his football, he's the biggest doosh alive. But you're nothing like him so I'm 100% certain you are not ITS.

I'm not a fan of either of these teams, and yet that BS facemask call still got me worked up. Just brutal. There's incidental contact to ballcarriers' facemasks all game long. The Lion defender didn't pull or twist the facemask.

NFL officials blew another game tonight.

I'm not a fan of either of these teams, and yet that BS facemask call still got me worked up. Just brutal. There's incidental contact to ballcarriers' facemasks all game long. The Lion defender didn't pull or twist the facemask.

I don't agree. I can absolutely see in real time how that would be called a facemask all the damn time.

Christine Michael highlight film FTW
ITS/DD.. Please post your latest CM update :lmao:

Sharpe was wide open

:lmao:

GD cornerback had the short coverage White (S) was supposed to rotate over he wasn't even close to being able to make a play

40 yarder

I don't agree. I can absolutely see in real time how that would be called a facemask all the damn time.
Yeah I didn't think it was an egregious call at all (especially in real time)

Yeah I didn't think it was an egregious call at all (especially in real time)
it's a judgement call & non-reviewable

I didn't think it was a facemask real time but once they called it, is what it is

It was definitely not a facemask, but unlike a lot of bad calls I can totally understand how they missed it live. Was there anyone that thought it wasn't an obvious facemask before they showed the replay?

A star QB gets hit in the facemask it's going to get called. It looked much worse at full speed than it really was.

Sharpe was wide open

:lmao:

GD cornerback had the short coverage White (S) was supposed to rotate over he wasn't even close to being able to make a play

40 yarder
Sharpe wanted off the filed too...got dinged or was tired on the previous play. He wasnt on the correct side of the formation and Favre was told not to scramble.

So of course, he does scramble then rip off a pass across his body

Users who are viewing this thread