What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Game Thread*** - Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Love all the Bears and Packers fans in here cheering for Brett losing when their team didn't even sniff the NFCCG.
:lmao:
Exactly. Pack fans wish he was still playing for them. Instead they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs if they even make it.
Why would we want him playing or us? We're set for another decade with Rodgers. The Vikings don't know who's going to be under center next year.. :shrug:

Afraid not. I would love to be able to play one more meaningful game and I never played above high school. Some people can walk away before a significant decline, Robert Smith and Barry Sanders come to mind. Brett Favre can't seem to live without football. If you want to hate him for it and the success he's had then so be it. Again, if you think Tavaris Jackson takes this team to the NFC Championship game then say so. If not, then how can you criticize him playing?
1) I do not have Favre for his success.2) There is zero doubt that he had possibly his greatest season of his career this year and was incredible.

3) The way he has handled himself and his situation the last handful of years is what I, and many others, detest, and he feels he's bigger and more important than any team. THAT is what I have a problem with. How do you not understand this?
I understand this. But yet the Vikings signed him so obviously they felt differently. I'd say the evidence is he made their team better, which is what his job was.
But at least now you understand why I was pulling for NO and happy that Bretty is gone.

Wow, i got no dog in the fight but the OT officiating was terrible.

-Kick-off return, Viking got tackled blowing open that huge hole

-A couple of really questionable spots

-The PI penalty was ridiculous

-Meachams pass hit the ground, no question.

But on the upside, no more Favre!!!
The entire officiating crew should be fired tonight. I'm kind of glad to see the Saints make the Super Bowl, but I would have preferred to see them win it rather than have it handed to them by bad officiating. Such a great, close game should be decided by the play on the field.
5 turnovers and you're blaming the refs? Come on.. :lmao:

Love all the Bears and Packers fans in here cheering for Brett losing when their team didn't even sniff the NFCCG.
:shrug: If he had stayed with the Jets I'd be rooting for him. He went to Minn for one thing, to stick it to the Packersm thus sticking to the Packer fans.

Go home Brent.
I wouldn't be rooting for him but I definitely wouldn't be rooting with everything I had against him. I'd probably be fairly indifferent. Obviously, I can't stand the Pack, but even I was disgusted with this entire revenge fiasco. BYE BYE BITTER BRETT. :lol:
The Bears still suck, but we agree on this point. :lmao:

:shrug:If he had stayed with the Jets I'd be rooting for him. He went to Minn for one thing, to stick it to the Packersm thus sticking to the Packer fans.Go home Brent.
Good point. It must feel good to have the Packers still playing while Brett is going home. Oh wait....
last I checked the Packers and Vikings are both done playing. :lmao:
And we get a higher draft pick! :lol:

I think this was a very well officiated game. Some decisions went each way. Lots of close calls to make, but in the end it evened out. I think it's sad that the defining play of the game was a penalty. Personally, I would have called it an uncatchable ball, but it is a really difficult decision to make either way.

Here's the real thing about the officiating. In fighting they say if you don't like the judges decision, then don't let it go to the judges. Knock the guy out. Neither team did this. The game was so sloppy with fumbles, muffs, drops, partial catches, holding and PI that the refs had to make way too many judgement calls. If you don't want to get called for PI, don't put your hands on the receiver, not matter where the ball is. If you want to get the first down spot, put your head down and get three yards.

Despite the sloppiness this was a great game between far and away the two best teams in the NFC. Personally I think either matchup would be the best superbowl matchup in a long while, maybe since Favre-Elway. Congrats to the Saints. No shortage of storylines for the last game of the year. Very excited.

Final thought on Favre: You may like this guy or you may hate him. What he does off the field can be debated. What he does on the field is play the game exactly how its supposed to be played. The reason he keeps un-retiring is because he loves the game so much. With the Jamarcus Russells of the world we should all feel blessed we got to watch the ol' gunslinger one more season. And what a season. What a warrior. I hope he squeezes out one more, but I digress.

Great game. Can't wait for the last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Pack fans wish he was still playing for them. Instead they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs if they even make it.
Why would we want him playing or us? We're set for another decade with Rodgers. The Vikings don't know who's going to be under center next year.. :shrug:
Exactly. Have fun with Tavaris next year

Instead of all the hating on Favre and the refs, let's give Pierre Thomas the credit he's due tonight. Dude made the plays that won them the game.

The entire officiating crew should be fired tonight. I'm kind of glad to see the Saints make the Super Bowl, but I would have preferred to see them win it rather than have it handed to them by bad officiating. Such a great, close game should be decided by the play on the field.
The officiating was questionable but would not have had any effect if the Vikings did not try and give the game away. 5 turn-overs and two inside the red zone. The entire Vikings offense should thank the Defense for keeping them in the game. The 12 men in the huddle at the end of the game was huge by moving them out of field goal range.So yeah the officiating was questionable but the Vikings didn't play consistent football.

The saints are incredibly bad. The Jets would have made this a more interesting Super Bowl. The Colts are going to absolutely dismantle them. It will likely end up embarrassing.

Seriously.

I think this was a very well officiated game. Some decisions went each way. Lots of close calls to make, but in the end it evened out. I think it's sad that the defining play of the game was a penalty. Personally, I would have called it an uncatchable ball, but it is a really difficult decision to make either way.Here's the real thing about the officiating. In fighting they say if you don't like the judges decision, then don't let it go to the judges. Knock the guy out. Neither team did this. The game was so sloppy with fumbles, muffs, drops, partial catches, holding and PI that the refs had to make way too many judgement calls. If you don't want to get called for PI, don't put your hands on the receiver, not matter where the ball is. If you want to get the first down spot, put your head down and get three yards.Despite the sloppiness this was a great game between far and away the two best teams in the NFC. Personally I think either matchup would be the best superbowl matchup in a long while, maybe since Favre-Elway. Congrats to the Saints. No shortage of storylines for the last game of the year. Very excited.Final thought on Favre: You may like this guy or you may hate him. What he does off the field can be debated. What he does on the field is play the game exactly how its supposed to be played. The reason he keeps retiring is because he loves the game so much. With the Jamarcus Russells of the world we should all feel blessed we got to watch the ol' gunslinger one more season. And what a season. What a warrior. I hope he squeezes out one more, but I digress. Great game. Can't wait for the last one.
I tend to agree- but in a hugely high profile game, particularly in overtime, you have to be cognizant of playing to the home crowd and making 5 or 6 calls in a row to the same side. Refs, unfortunately, are not immune to momentum and i think we saw it with a few questionable Vikings calls earlier, and then a bunch for the Saints at the end, all of which had to go their way or we don't see that particular decision. You could just see the refs wilt.

:shrug:
Why would we want him playing or us? We're set for another decade with Rodgers. The Vikings don't know who's going to be under center next year.. :X
Exactly. Have fun with Tavaris next year
I think given any fair shot, Sage would win the job, and might be decent. But yeah the smack talk to Packers fans is pretty funny. One of these teams has a damn good young QB, and chose not to play ##### games with Lady Brett.

Good game Saints. I'll be pulling for New Orleans and I'm glad that fan base gets to be in a Super Bowl.

Now back to drinking.

SaveFerrisB said:
SaveFerrisB said:
It's like someone just siphoned $3,700 out of my balls.
That's odd, futures and parlays are usually smart bets.
And "hedging" is a play that locks in profit. Otis hedged today and still lost over $3K? He's the worst gambler of all time. Like, if-LHUCKS-bet-with-real-money bad.
:lmao: IT WASN'T A "HEDGE."
I know it wasn't. That didn't stop you from calling it one.
I didn't call it a "hedge" in the sports bet sense, I used the term "hedging" in a more broad sense. Sorry if I offended the sports betting nerds there.

5 turnovers and you're blaming the refs? Come on.. :lmao:
I did not watch the whole game, but the taste I'm left with in my mouth is that the vikings kinda got hosed in OT as a result of the officiating, particularly on that pass interference call :thumbup:

:lmao:If he had stayed with the Jets I'd be rooting for him. He went to Minn for one thing, to stick it to the Packersm thus sticking to the Packer fans.Go home Brent.
Same here. I would have been happy for Brett to win with the Jets, but I will never cheer for the Vikings.

I think this was a very well officiated game.
:thumbup: I didn't care in the least who won this game, but man I just can't get over that PI call. Maybe not even the flag itself, ref thinks he sees contact, doesn't know where the ball was, throws the flag, okay. But one of the refs had to see where the ball went. They huddled. They stuck with it. Just incredible.And yeah, the Vikings blew a ton of chances. I don't think anybody disputes that, or thinks a game is won or lost on one play. But when a call is THAT bad, in overtime, when it's the difference between being in or outside of field goal range, man, just a brutal way for the outcome to tip.

I think this was a very well officiated game. Some decisions went each way. Lots of close calls to make, but in the end it evened out. I think it's sad that the defining play of the game was a penalty. Personally, I would have called it an uncatchable ball, but it is a really difficult decision to make either way.Here's the real thing about the officiating. In fighting they say if you don't like the judges decision, then don't let it go to the judges. Knock the guy out. Neither team did this. The game was so sloppy with fumbles, muffs, drops, partial catches, holding and PI that the refs had to make way too many judgement calls. If you don't want to get called for PI, don't put your hands on the receiver, not matter where the ball is. If you want to get the first down spot, put your head down and get three yards.Despite the sloppiness this was a great game between far and away the two best teams in the NFC. Personally I think either matchup would be the best superbowl matchup in a long while, maybe since Favre-Elway. Congrats to the Saints. No shortage of storylines for the last game of the year. Very excited.Final thought on Favre: You may like this guy or you may hate him. What he does off the field can be debated. What he does on the field is play the game exactly how its supposed to be played. The reason he keeps retiring is because he loves the game so much. With the Jamarcus Russells of the world we should all feel blessed we got to watch the ol' gunslinger one more season. And what a season. What a warrior. I hope he squeezes out one more, but I digress. Great game. Can't wait for the last one.
I tend to agree- but in a hugely high profile game, particularly in overtime, you have to be cognizant of playing to the home crowd and making 5 or 6 calls in a row to the same side. Refs, unfortunately, are not immune to momentum and i think we saw it with a few questionable Vikings calls earlier, and then a bunch for the Saints at the end, all of which had to go their way or we don't see that particular decision. You could just see the refs wilt.
I agree that the refs tend to (consciously or not) favor the home team in overtime games. The calls in this game may have been subject to that very phenomenon. That's part of home field advantage though. If the Vikes don't like it, well, they should have won the top seed.

interesting to see so many people blame the refs tonight. when the Pack had a few interesting calls in the wild card round (and only non-Packer fans complained in the thread), people were slammed left and right. yet some viking fans are going wild in here about the refs.

Great game Brett. It's clear to me at this point that you are no normal man, and are powered by your haters. Once they go away, so will you. Can't wait to see which team you make an Insta-Contender™ next year.

One of the sloppiest and most poorly-officiated professional football games I've ever watched on a television. Zero hyperbole here.

Officiating didn't lose this game. It didn't help but it wasn't the only issue.

But for the love of football, the refs have been brutal all playoffs in nearly every game played. What the hell is going on? Both games today. nearly every game last week. For every team involved.

Some of the calls aren't even close to right.

Someone help!

Hope they get a decent group at the SB - if it turns on a blown call....

I didn't call it a "hedge" in the sports bet sense, I used the term "hedging" in a more broad sense. Sorry if I offended the sports betting nerds there.

:lmao: In the future why won't you keep your bets to yourself. We really don't care about you trying to give money away..

Why would we want him playing or us? We're set for another decade with Rodgers. The Vikings don't know who's going to be under center next year.. :thumbup:
Exactly. If the Packers had caved and took Favre back last year and kept Rodgers on the bench he would have become a free agent before getting a shot to start for the Packers and likely would have ended up some where wlse. The Packers absolutely made the right choice in moving Favrea nd keeping Rodgers even if it may have hurt them in the short term (which is debatable).

Also...on people saying the call determined the game...it was 1st down people.

Quit acting like it was a 3rd or 4th down play.

5 turnovers and you're blaming the refs? Come on.. :rolleyes:
I did not watch the whole game, but the taste I'm left with in my mouth is that the vikings kinda got hosed in OT as a result of the officiating, particularly on that pass interference call :shrug:
5 turnovers. There is simply zero else worth arguing.Well, other than how many people Otis can try to belittle.

Users who are viewing this thread