What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Gavin Newsom Recall Thread - Ballots being sent in! (2 Viewers)

Doesn't even crack his top 10.

Somebody let me know when he passes on the keys to the GG alias so I can take him off of  ignore

VIDEO: Meet Larry Elder, candidate for California governor Aug 19, 2021

Larry Elder is one of the top candidates in the California recall election. Host of the nationally syndicated “The Larry Elder Show” on talk radio, a newspaper columnist and author, Elder is a South Central Los Angeles native.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWphvlSMMfI

Here is a long form interview with Larry Elder talking about what he would have done to help Californians had he become Governor.

I hear a lot of criticism about Elder here about allegations and his "Trumpism"  but very little talk about his views on public policy.

Here he is talking about how he would shape actual public policy.

Personally attacking me doesn't change that most of the discussion here about Larry Elder is done without any context about his perspective on functional governance.

Do I believe the radical woke cancel culture lefties here will watch this video? No, I don't. None of that group here in the PSF have ever shown any desire to reach for a greater context outside of their tribalism.

Identity politics can only thrive without any semblance of actual context.

I find this works best.   :thumbup:

VIDEO: With Larry Elder It's No Hold Barred As He Explains Why He Threw His Hat In The Recall Election Aug 5, 2021

Nationally syndicated radio talk show host, Larry Elder, met with California opinion editors to share his views and explain his reasons for entering the California recall election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWc_ttA4n8

Another long form interview of Larry Elder talking about why he pursued the Governorship of California.

I wouldn't even begin to call this interviewer as actually bi-partisan in approach.

If you can give Elder credit for something - It's simple messaging. He keeps his points direct and clear.

Does it bother you that I turned your low value personal attack into actual political discussion about the topic on hand?

Me apparently.

VIDEO: Larry Elder talks $0.00 minimum wage, ex-wife accusation, issues with Newsom, and more Aug 23, 2021

In a lengthy conversation, conservative talk show host Larry Elder said he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhArQIdrQTQ

VIDEO: Larry Elder responds to 'evil, racist' article about his run for governor Aug 20, 2021

GOP California gubernatorial candidate says he's not surprised by the LA Times article on 'Hannity.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3IRAT-4coQ

Larry Elder addresses accusations made against him.

It's a lot easier to just attack Elder because agenda driven social media demands it of you. Then again it's easier to attack me since it's sport for some of you radical woke lefties here in the PSF.

What's not easy is attempting to look at a candidate in a full three dimensions and listening to what he actually has to say about functional governance.

You obviously don’t read many of GG’s posts. 

DIRECT HEADLINE: Larry Elder Wins Election Lawsuit Against CA Secretary of State

Judge orders Elder’s name on recall election ballot

By Katy Grimes, July 21, 2021 2:58 pm

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/larry-elder-wins-election-lawsuit-against-ca-secretary-of-state/

In 2019, (Governor Gavin) Newsom signed a bill into law (that) required (all) presidential and state candidates to release (at minimum) five years of tax returns. ( While being aimed at preventing then President Donald Trump from being on the California ballot), the California Supreme Court ruled it (as completely) unconstitutional for (aiming) only Presidential candidates.

DIRECT HEADLINE: Larry Elder Sues Sec. of State Shirley Weber Over Not Listing Him As Recall Candidate

‘A lawsuit is the last thing the Secretary of State’s office wanted right now, but it looks like they got it’

By Evan Symon, July 20, 2021 12:59 pm

https://californiaglobe.com/fr/larry-elder-sues-sec-of-state-shirley-weber-over-not-listing-him-as-recall-candidate/

Elder points out that California Secretary Of State Shirley Weber had a duty ( and obligation) to fix any redaction errors ( on tax returns) and chose not to (do so for Elder) without notifying him of any issues ( at all) and failed to tell him of any specific (legal requirement) objections in the (recall) process. Elder also reiterated that he had (made a complete filing) and that the Secretary of State’s decision to disqualify him is (completely) unconstitutional because it (openly) violates the Equal Protection Clause of the California Constitution (referencing that sitting Governor Gavin Newsom did not have to comply with the same disclosures)  Elder also claimed that Weber denying his (recall) supporters the right to vote for (their preferred )candidate choice amounts to voter suppression.

Let's see if we can all unpack this right here.

Newsom sends his own Secretary Of State to disqualify Larry Elder off the recall ballot under standards that don't exist, where the entire pathway of those standards were designed to suppress Conservative and Republican candidates, then Elder has to go to a clearly left leaning court and judge who has no choice but to put him back on the ballot.

Notice a trend with Newsom? He does what he wants, indifferent to the issues on whether it's legal or not, and even his own left leaning Court system has to put him in check, again and again.

So a wealthy privileged white male from political nepotism and backed by the establishment, that constantly decries "systematic racism", then uses the "system" to suppress the opportunity of a black man from humble beginnings because clearly it's (D)ifferent?

But somehow after all this, the argument from the radical lefties here is that Elder is the real problem?

DIRECT HEADLINE: Gavin Newsom’s White Privilege

Instead of debating ideas, progressives call Larry Elder a white supremacist.

By William McGurn Sept. 13, 2021 6:36 pm ET

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gavin-newsom-white-privilege-larry-elder-racism-inequality-california-recall-election-11631566580

DIRECT HEADLINE: Mountain of Money Fuels Gavin Newsom’s Surge to Recall Finish Line

The California governor has taken full advantage of the state’s loose financing rules for recall elections, overpowering Republican challengers for whom the cavalry never arrived.

By Shane Goldmacher  Sept. 15, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/11/us/politics/gavin-newsom-recall-election.html

Newsom grew up and vacationed with the wealthy and powerful Gettys. His entire legacy was built on nepotism and his family links to power politics that started the day he was born.  He eats at the French Laundry, his kids go to private schools that stayed open while everyone elses kids were barred from schools and he's arrogant enough to bang his campaign manager's wife with entitlement and belief that he's untouchable.

Larry Elder came from a military family and fought his way out of South Central and Crenshaw to the Ivy League and earned a law degree. Then he fought his way into a successful media career.

Does anything speak more to "systematic racism" than open attacks on Elder as a white supremacist funded by Newsom's massive 70 plus million haul in political donations to help him survive recall?

Some of you radical lefties can try to sell this happy horse ####, but I assure you, come 2022 and 2024, many moderates and undecideds will not.

The damage inflicted on their constituents by Newsom, Gretchen Whitmer, Andrew Cuomo and Lori Lightfoot isn't just going to magically go away.
Larry can get back on his radio show, work hard talking about stuff, hawk some MyPillows and try again next time.  I wish him well. 

Then again it's easier to attack me since it's sport for some of you radical woke lefties here in the PSF.
Lol.  Calling me a radical woke leftist.  Lol. This statement only proves you’re just here to bang away at your keyboard and mindlessly pontificate.  

And I didn’t attack you, I quoted you.  If you can’t handle your own words that’s on you, you might want to consider that next time you sit down to type out one of your lectures.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.  Calling me a radical woke leftist.  Lol. This statement only proves you’re just here to bang away at your keyboard and mindlessly pontificate.  

And I didn’t attack you, I quoted you.  If you can’t handle your own words that’s on you, you might want to consider that next time you sit down to type out one of your lectures.  

If it makes you feel better (and it really shouldnt cause WTF am I,) but I can't tell which side you lean in the majority of the threads. I think you are in the middle of many of these debates. 

If it makes you feel better (and it really shouldnt cause WTF am I,) but I can't tell which side you lean in the majority of the threads. I think you are in the middle of many of these debates. 
Thank you for the perspective, especially considering I was being mocked the past few days for considering myself an independent and centrist.  

Thank you for the perspective, especially considering I was being mocked the past few days for considering myself an independent and centrist.  
Considering the source of said mocking, I think you're in good standing with the rest of us.

Considering the source of said mocking, I think you're in good standing with the rest of us.
Thanks brother.  Don’t get me wrong I’m bothered exactly zero by the posts or posters, but it is nice to see others view it the way I feel.  

Newsome has been unseen seen since getting the booster vax. He cancelled attendance at global climate conference His wife deleted a tweet indicating he was attending to some personal business. No indication from his admin on where he is.

Newsome has been unseen seen since getting the booster vax. He cancelled attendance at global climate conference His wife deleted a tweet indicating he was attending to some personal business. No indication from his admin on where he is.
Got it.  Thanks.  Had no idea about any of this. 

Commenting on the situation, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., said he “prays for Newsom’s family” and wishes him a quick recovery. Kennedy added:

“However, if it’s true the governor has suffered debilitating neurological injuries following vaccination, it raises grave ethical questions about his seemingly dishonest efforts to conceal his injuries while implementing aggressive policies to force the children and working people of California to endure similar risks.”

NorvilleBarnes said:
Commenting on the situation, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., said he “prays for Newsom’s family” and wishes him a quick recovery. Kennedy added:

“However, if it’s true the governor has suffered debilitating neurological injuries following vaccination, it raises grave ethical questions about his seemingly dishonest efforts to conceal his injuries while implementing aggressive policies to force the children and working people of California to endure similar risks.”
RFK Jr. is an anti-vaxxer, no?     i been looking for where he said your quote but couldn't find it.

RFK Jr. is an anti-vaxxer, no?     i been looking for where he said your quote but couldn't find it.
The cancelation (of attending the climate change summit) was not a result of his booster shot," Lopez wrote in an email. (Newsom’s press secretary)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Elliott said:

Politically speaking, Newsom needs to stay out of the national daily media cycle while the Andrew Cuomo legal situation regarding the sex crimes, etc, etc clears out.

Newsom had another affair with a staffer who got all kinds of very fast promotions in his administration. The majority of the MSM has suppressed this but the natural dovetail here from Ronna McDaniel and RNC HQ is to package Cuomo's criminal behavior with women to Newsom cheating on his wife.

Newsom sleeping with his campaign manager's wife in SF was one issue. That was his "one mulligan" with sexual indiscretion in the past. This 2nd one means suburban women voters can't virtue signal and still support Newsom politically, so they won't.

Long con political strategy for Newsom right now is he desperately needs the Cuomo scandals to disappear and disappear fast.

Try DuckDuckGo instead. It's been well established they show search results that Google will suppress.
I don't know about the second sentence, but consider this a PSA to use DuckDuckGo regardless.  DuckDuckGo is committed to personal privacy and security and won't track you, sell your information, personalize your ads, etc. the way Google does.  For the most secure, least tracked experience, on a Windows PC, use Brave browser with DuckDuckGo as the default search engine.  You can do the same on a mobile device, although on an Android phone, DuckDuckGo also offers their own browser app.

I don't know about the second sentence, but consider this a PSA to use DuckDuckGo regardless.  DuckDuckGo is committed to personal privacy and security and won't track you, sell your information, personalize your ads, etc. the way Google does.  For the most secure, least tracked experience, on a Windows PC, use Brave browser with DuckDuckGo as the default search engine.  You can do the same on a mobile device, although on an Android phone, DuckDuckGo also offers their own browser app.
Never realized they had an app. Good to know. 

Users who are viewing this thread