What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"San Diego's Mayor Slaps Down Newsom" - LA Times (1 Viewer)

What i see,  and im surprised I have to say it  is people saying "Trump needs to be a leader on the pandemic" and destroying him cause they don't think he has been.

Then a liberal Democrat ignores his own advice in many cases (eating out, public appearances, children in private school) and those calling for Trumps head all.of a sudden do the "well I dont care about that "

Its just a weird thing to me.

What i see,  and im surprised I have to say it  is people saying "Trump needs to be a leader on the pandemic" and destroying him cause they don't think he has been.

Then a liberal Democrat ignores his own advice in many cases (eating out, public appearances, children in private school) and those calling for Trumps head all.of a sudden do the "well I dont care about that "

Followed by the inevitable excuse "He's not the President" or "Well, we hold our President to a higher standard", as if ONLY the President should be held accountable and no other public figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is though?

I see people saying Newsom was wrong for doing that.

It's straight up hypocrisy.   

Hypocrisy by both messageboard liberals as well as Newsom.

I was speaking to the former.   
So...speaking of the former...messageboard liberals...who is being hypocritical.  Because seems the message boarders are stating Newsom acted poorly.  For there to be hypocrisy...they would have had to have defended him where they were critical of others (Trump).

Newsom hypocritical...sure...not sure anyone disagrees there.

Followed by the inevitable excuse "He's not the President" or "Well, we hold our President to a higher standard", as if ONLY the President should be held accountable and no other public figure.
But the beauty here is that almost every “liberal” posting in here (along with tim, who isn’t actually liberal) has called out Newsom’s hypocrisy.   Isn’t that what you want? 

Hypocrisy by both messageboard liberals
Newsom going to an unmasked, undistanced dinner at a fancy restaurant with his fancy friends was the douchiest of douchey and hypocritical acts. Newsom’s not “my guy” but I thought I needed to go on the record given all the generalized accusations of hypocrisy in this thread.

If I'm reading Tim and others correctly:

"Don't care about the hypocricy" does not mean "Newsom's hypocrisy is excused" or "It's fine with me that Newsom is a hypocrite".

Instead, "Don't care about the hypocricy" means "I will continue to do the right thing regardless of Newsom's hypocritical actions".

I mean ... what are people supposed to do? Ditch the masks, make a point to sidle up on people at the grocery, and hang out in crowded broom closets in response to Newsom's French Laundry dinner?

Yep. I wrote that, and I explained why, and I wrote that I don’t care about Trump’s hypocrisy either. 
For you to ignore that at this point is simply trolling IMO. 
Newsom's hypocrisy is covid specific.

Does trump usually receive criticism for being hypocritical re:covid? 

This thread is incredibly disheartening.

Every liberal has rightly jumped on Newsom, yet its never enough. We get people voting for Democrats that are way more brutal on even the most minor of slights committed by Democrats, let alone major issues, yet they turn a blind eye to the most egregious acts by Republicans in an effort to appear fair and balanced.

Is it that hard to see the act and not which party did the act? 

Truth and reconciliation can only begin when ALL bad actions are admitted and everyone makes an effort to be better. Until then we don’t have a level playing field. 

Empathy only gets you so far. Seeking to understand is vital, but when its a one way street you run out of cheeks to turn. Then what?

If I'm reading Tim and others correctly:

"Don't care about the hypocricy" does not mean "Newsom's hypocrisy is excused" or "It's fine with me that Newsom is a hypocrite".

Instead, "Don't care about the hypocricy" means "I will continue to do the right thing regardless of Newsom's hypocritical actions".

I mean ... what are people supposed to do? Ditch the masks, make a point to sidle up on people at the grocery, and hang out in crowded broom closets in response to Newsom's French Laundry dinner?
This is basically what they say is the result when leadership doesnt take it seriously. 

Pretty clear that some of the members of the Democratic political establishment have a problem with being hypocritical. A lot of bad looks to go around.

The people in power are different than us.  The basic rules do not apply to them. "Do as I say, not as I do"

Users who are viewing this thread