What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Gavin Newsom thread- our next President? (1 Viewer)

"Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom was slammed as a hypocrite Wednesday for wearing a fleece coat in a seemingly air-conditioned room while urging residents to “save energy” amid a historic heat wave....."

:lmao:

"Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom was slammed as a hypocrite Wednesday for wearing a fleece coat in a seemingly air-conditioned room while urging residents to “save energy” amid a historic heat wave....."

That was a great video.

It’s just embarrassing how both sides play us for suckers. They don’t even try to hide that fact anymore.

Newsom vetoes bill allowing an unlimited number of "safe injection" sites in SF, Oakland and LA.

link

Guy is looking more presidential every day.
How could anyone think its a good idea?

When you have safe injection sites you 1.) save lives; 2.) prevents disease AND 3.) help clean up your streets. I prefer them going to an injection site than shooting up on a corner or at our playground and then leaving their needles laying around.

I'm outraged. :mellow:

Newsom vetoes bill allowing an unlimited number of "safe injection" sites in SF, Oakland and LA.

link

When you have safe injection sites you 1.) save lives; 2.) prevents disease AND 3.) help clean up your streets. I prefer them going to an injection site than shooting up on a corner or at our playground and then leaving their needles laying around.
Come to Seattle. I'll show you the neighborhoods with safe injection sites. They're filthy, attract crime and drive away businesses. The biggest problem with the legislation he vetoed that it allowed an unlimited number of such sites to be created, with essentially no regulation of where they could be located.

link

Come to Seattle. I'll show you the neighborhoods with safe injection sites. They're filthy, attract crime and drive away businesses. The biggest problem with the legislation he vetoed that it allowed an unlimited number of such sites to be created, with essentially no regulation of where they could be located.

Come to Philly. I'll show you the neighborhoods without safe injection sites. They're filthy, attract crime, drive away businesses and cause death and disease.

I guess he didn't want dining at The French Laundry, while breaking his own mask mandate, to be the most hypocritical thing he's done.

You know what works better at cleaning up the streets? Actually cleaning up the streets. We used to do that and I never saw anyone shooting up on a corner. Only in lefty cities does this stuff happen.

I guess he didn't want dining at The French Laundry, while breaking his own mask mandate, to be the most hypocritical thing he's done.
He risked his life for the good of the people, while they stayed home.

That’s courageous.

You should be. Then again he’s no different than the scores of hypocritical leaders in the last two years who do the opposite of what they tell the serfs.

Lot of outrage over something that doesn't even start for another 35 minutes.

I’m not outraged. It’s 75 degrees here, I have all the water I could ever want, and a have a full tank of gas.

I’m not outraged. It’s 75 degrees here, I have all the water I could ever want, and a have a full tank of gas.
No one should be outraged. The tweet in question was before 4pm. So everyone could be using their AC if they wanted.

link

Come to Philly. I'll show you the neighborhoods without safe injection sites. They're filthy, attract crime, drive away businesses and cause death and disease.
I imagine the safe injection sites would go in the neighborhoods you're describing.

Nio one should be outraged. The tweet in question was before 4pm. So everyone could be using their AC if they wanted.
Can I charge my car though? I'll go sit out there with my AC.

Nio one should be outraged. The tweet in question was before 4pm. So everyone could be using their AC if they wanted.
Is it still before 4pm Westcoast time?

You should be. Then again he’s no different than the scores of hypocritical leaders in the last two years who do the opposite of what they tell the serfs.
And if solar panels supply the power to that building he is in?

CA: Everyone must drive Electric Cars!

Also CA: Everyone please don't charge your electric cars!

And if solar panels supply the power to that building he is in?
Most likely they are not though.

No one should be outraged. The tweet in question was before 4pm. So everyone could be using their AC if they wanted.
Exactly. You're supposed to crank the AC early so the house gets cooler before demand is highest and you're asked to turn thermostats up in the early evening. When the sun goes down (and solar falls off the grid) is when the California ISO needs energy conservation.

Whose fault is it that they don’t have power? The leadership out there is what people want to lead our country?

Hard pass
This is an irregular weather pattern. California hasn't had demand this high since July 2006. Just like we don't build six lane roads in anticipation of rare concert events, utilities don't procure power needs for extreme weather events. Texas went through this last year and in neither case is it on the governor.

The state has actually handled it really well so far.

Last edited:
Whose fault is it that they don’t have power? The leadership out there is what people want to lead our country?

Hard pass
This is an irregular weather pattern. California hasn't had demand this high since 2006 in July. Just like we don't build six lane roads in anticipation of rare events, utilities don't procure power needs for extreme weather events. Texas went through this last year and in neither case is it on the governor.

Carry on then California, nothing to see here.

Hard pass
This is an irregular weather pattern. California hasn't had demand this high since 2006 in July. Just like we don't build six lane roads in anticipation of rare events, utilities don't procure power needs for extreme weather events. Texas went through this last year and in neither case is it on the governor.

Sure they have.

Seems like it's just another data point of Democrats not taking responsibility for their failed leadership.

You know what works better at cleaning up the streets? Actually cleaning up the streets. We used to do that and I never saw anyone shooting up on a corner. Only in lefty cities does this stuff happen.

They do clean the areas up. The junkies don't disappear, they just move to another area.

Hard pass
This is an irregular weather pattern. California hasn't had demand this high since July 2006. Just like we don't build six lane roads in anticipation of rare concert events, utilities don't procure power needs for extreme weather events. Texas went through this last year and in neither case is it on the governor.

And the horror of having to turn your AC all the way up to 78 and turn off excessive lights!

It’s just embarrassing how both sides play us for suckers.
Unfortunately you're getting played for a sucker by the media. There's no story here.
You’re right, I don’t live in commiefornia.
Ridiculous to suggest California is a communist state.
Not quite full Communist yet, but I expect them to join the New Soviet Federation within the next 20-40 years.

They getting so far left that even Michael Moore calls them, The Crazy Left.

Hard pass

As a lifelong Californian I completely disagree CC. There have been a ton of bad power decisions (shuttering of nuclear plants, shifting of solar costs/credits bending to the will of the power companies, no forward action to address the increasing demand, etc etc) and don’t get me started on desalination and our abject failures there. Our power demands have not been a surprise and regardless of this heat spike every single year we have rolling brown outs. That’s unacceptable.

Now have they handled this extreme weather event better then Texas did? Sure. But that’s a pretty low bar.

As a lifelong Californian I completely disagree CC. There have been a ton of bad power decisions (shuttering of nuclear plants, shifting of solar costs/credits bending to the will of the power companies, no forward action to address the increasing demand, etc etc) and don’t get me started on desalination and our abject failures there. Our power demands have not been a surprise and regardless of this heat spike every single year we have rolling brown outs. That’s unacceptable.
I can understand your frustration as a consumer. The ISO isn't without fault, for sure, but global warming is really putting the state behind the 8 ball. Not only is the heat increasing demand, but wildfires and hydro shortages are zapping expected supply options.

The brownouts in summer 2020 was on the ISO due to their flawed import estimators, but they've since corrected the issue. I'm pretty impressed by their performance of the current heatwave.

ETA - I agree with you on the decommissioning of nukes.

Last edited:
Looks like CA may be turning the corner. Covid state of emergency to be lifted LINK Feb 28 :lmao:
Meh. CA is the text-book example of "don't do this" in politics.

So CA "turning the corner" means, to me, they got rid of all the loony-toons Democrats running that State into the dirt. That would basically be ALL of them, starting with the Trudeau-wanna-be Newsome. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread