What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Indianapolis Colts 2019 thread** Finally something to get excited about (1 Viewer)

Can't deny the injury and rehab was terribly mismanaged. Luck opting for a surgeon from Stanford instead of the legendary Dr. James Andrews was a huge mistake as well. 

Hopefully the Netherlands has some techniques we are not familiar with. Seeing how well their athletes have performed in these winter Olympics gives me hope. ?

Can't deny the injury and rehab was terribly mismanaged. Luck opting for a surgeon from Stanford instead of the legendary Dr. James Andrews was a huge mistake as well. 

Hopefully the Netherlands has some techniques we are not familiar with. Seeing how well their athletes have performed in these winter Olympics gives me hope. ?
I hope he comes back the same - this is not a league that can afford to lose too many star QBs.

Did he go to the Netherlands for some kind of surgery or rehab??

I think the kid might be damaged good and not going to DR Andrews is a terrible move, I'm sure Stanfords dr are excellent but you go to the best of the best

I would like Indy to go after Martavis Bryant. Maybe offer LB John Simon, who has 2 more years under contact. If the Colts transition to a 4-3 under Eberflus, Simon may be more valuable to the Steelers.

Seems like the ideal type to pair with T.Y. and Doyle. 

I would like Indy to go after Martavis Bryant. Maybe offer LB John Simon, who has 2 more years under contact. If the Colts transition to a 4-3 under Eberflus, Simon may be more valuable to the Steelers.

Seems like the ideal type to pair with T.Y. and Doyle. 
Hell no, I don't want him.  Not only is he one drug test away from a lifetime ban, he is a bad locker room guy.  Remember his whining last year?

Maggot Brain said:
http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2018/the-unbelievable-story-of-the-2017-colts

Amazing info on how bad the Colts were in the 4th quarter last year.......I mean HISTORICALLY bad.  :shock:

"They likewise probably had no idea that the only teams to enter the 4Q with a lead more often than themselves (through week 12) faced each other in this year’s Super Bowl: the Eagles & Patriots."
Perhaps this is why Reich took this job. Small Midwest market=low scrutiny. And replacing clueless idiots is the easiest act to follow. I doubt he can go wrong at this point.

If luck comes back at only like 80% of what he was Indy could have a nice rebound season. Colts defense is better than the numbers and their offense can only get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If luck comes back at only like 80% of what he was Indy could have a nice rebound season. Colts defense is better than the numbers and their offense can only get better.
Really hoping he comes back at all.  I like his optimism, but after awhile you wonder how certain he really is.

Has this team done anything in FA or are they now just the least attractive landing spot for those looking for contracts? I though at minimum their name would be in the mix for an offensive lineman considering they have destroyed their ring leader over the years with a lack of protection, but I have not heard a single peep. I can understand FAs being hesitant with he uncertainty around Luck but I would assume they have some cap space to burn. A secondary WR and a RB seem to be on the surface needs as well but no noise seems odd unless I missed something.

Has this team done anything in FA or are they now just the least attractive landing spot for those looking for contracts? I though at minimum their name would be in the mix for an offensive lineman considering they have destroyed their ring leader over the years with a lack of protection, but I have not heard a single peep. I can understand FAs being hesitant with he uncertainty around Luck but I would assume they have some cap space to burn. A secondary WR and a RB seem to be on the surface needs as well but no noise seems odd unless I missed something.
Poorly run organization. They never seem to care about the defense or their QB.

Poorly run organization. They never seem to care about the defense or their QB.
I seem to remember in the 2000s the Colts were one of the best run organizations with Polian, Dungy, and Irsay.  Yes, Irsay at the time.  Yes, he's had issues lately, but he cares about his football team and has shown in the past to hire good people and let them run the show.  I think right now with Ballard and Reich that could be duplicated.

I seem to remember in the 2000s the Colts were one of the best run organizations with Polian, Dungy, and Irsay.  Yes, Irsay at the time.  Yes, he's had issues lately, but he cares about his football team and has shown in the past to hire good people and let them run the show.  I think right now with Ballard and Reich that could be duplicated.
I understand being cautious in FA but with this team having so many holes it is shocking that they have been so quiet. 

I understand being cautious in FA but with this team having so many holes it is shocking that have been so quiet. 
They did sign an edge rusher and one with some upside, but not overly expensive.  I kind of agree with building through the draft and using FAs on cheaper options.  It's not only better long term, it's better for the locker room.

Colts traded 3rd overall to Jets for #6, #37, #49 and a 2019 2nd.

Feels like an excellent deal for Indy in my opinion.

Wow great move.

Draft now likely goes qb qb qb then still get one of the 3 best non qbs at 6 amd get 3 2nd rounders. 

Great deal for the Colts. 2 extra 2nd rounders gives them a lot of flexibility to move around the draft. 

Awesome haul fo the Colts and they will still get a great player at #6.  One of Bradley Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson should be there.  If by some freak event they aren't, you still have Fitzpatrick.

Awesome haul fo the Colts and they will still get a great player at #6.  One of Bradley Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson should be there.  If by some freak event they aren't, you still have Fitzpatrick.
If by some freak event they aren't, then they will just trade down again to whoever is going for a QB :)

It’s unlikely but not sure it would take a freak event:

Cleveland - Darnold

NYG - Barkley

NYJ - Rosen

Cleveland  - Chubb

Denver - Nelson

Indy - ?

of course Cleveland could trade out in that scenario to Buffalo who would take a QB 

If NYG and Denver don’t go QB though this is not too far fetched.

think it also speaks that they think Luck is coming back...
Because you think if they had serious doubts about Luck right now, that they'd have had the stones to go QB at #3?  I'm finding that extremely unlikely.  I don't think this deal says much about Luck at all.  In fact, this might actually make them more likely to grab someone like Rudolph early in the 2nd round to hedge on Luck's shoulder.

Cleveland - Darnold

NYG - Barkley

NYJ - Rosen

Cleveland  - Chubb

Denver - Nelson

Indy - ?

of course Cleveland could trade out in that scenario to Buffalo who would take a QB 

I find it awfully hard to believe the Giants would have turned down the Jets offer if they were not drafting a QB at 2, or were in talks with another team who was.

I find it awfully hard to believe the Giants would have turned down the Jets offer if they were not drafting a QB at 2, or were in talks with another team who was.
Probably - they really like Barkley though and seem to think they can compete. If they coveted him and knew he wouldn’t be there at 6 it’s possible.

they very likely could be going QB as well. I was just laying out a scenario where those three could be gone. That wouldn’t shock me.

Cleveland - Darnold

NYG - Barkley

NYJ - Rosen

Cleveland  - Chubb

Denver - Nelson

Indy - ?

As someone else mentioned they would trade back again (probably with buffalo) and accumulate more picks, which arguabley is a better approach given their roster 

Cleveland - Darnold

NYG - Barkley

NYJ - Rosen

Cleveland  - Chubb

Denver - Nelson

Indy - ?

It would definitely take a freak event. At least 3 QBs are going in top 5. Outside of Nelson, the top end talent in this draft isn't near good enough for multiple teams to pass on qbs or not trade up for one. 

It would definitely take a freak event. At least 3 QBs are going in top 5. Outside of Nelson, the top end talent in this draft isn't near good enough for multiple teams to pass on qbs or not trade up for one. 
I agree but just pointing out one potential that could happen. 3 May go to start the draft

I really want the Colts to take Quenton Nelson if they remain @ 6. 

Denver is likely to grab him if QBs go 1-4. My hope is that the NYG decide to take Barkley @ 2 and leave Elway a passer @ 5. 

Barkley is a luxury this team can't afford. Chubb is a good maybe even great prospect but building a quality O-Line should be job one for Ballard and Co. 

Nelson can open holes for the running game that Indy has lacked for years. He can play RT if needed. He is one of the safest 1st round picks I have ever seen. 

We should be able to draft a solid RB in Rounds 2/3 and have the ammo to trade up into late Rd 1 to grab McGlinchey if he falls. 

The Jets trade opens up so many exciting possibilities for the draft but that means nothing if they don't take the right players. Quenton Nelson would go a long way in making this a memorable draft.

Jim Irsay’s Goal To Win Three Super Bowls In A Row

Not sure making such a statement makes all that much sense. At this point, teams should be concerned about filling out their rosters to put the best product on the field that they can and taking one week at a time.

But let’s aim for winning three titles in a row as our goal. How about you start with making it to a SB before you talk about going back to back to back?

Users who are viewing this thread