What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL JEFF DRISKEL THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

For once I actually foresaw something and  got him on my roster on the off chance Lock got injured in a super flex ! Legs gives a good baseline 

PSA - I just heard this on a podcast. If you are in Y! Leagues, this fine gentleman can be started as a TE or flex. He carries both QB and TE designation. Something to keep an eye on.

KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans are "expected" to keep using both Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel next week.​

Driskel qualifies at tight end in some leagues. No, really! He does! They converted him last year in a move that we can only call "very Texans." Any tight end with a pulse is worth rostering in 2022. Also Davis Mills is probably the stone cold worst superflex quarterback going right now if Driskel is taking his red zone snaps as he did last week.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Dec 13, 2022, 2:14 PM ET

PSA - I just heard this on a podcast. If you are in Y! Leagues, this fine gentleman can be started as a TE or flex. He carries both QB and TE designation. Something to keep an eye on.
Another JJ Zachariason fan!

Could Driskell be the next Joe Webb? Probably not. But if you have the bench spot, probably worth a pickup in Yahoo leagues.

Picked him up and starting him over Dalton Schultz in my TE spot. He and Mills each had 33 snaps last week. If he can manage even 20 snaps at QB this week, I like his odds of outscoring an above average TE.

@FBG @Joe Bryant

Is Jeff Driskel, HOU QB, TE on your radar. He just got on mine this morning.
@Sigmond Bloom - perhaps a sleeper TE lol

Edit: I don't see him listed anywhere as a QB / TE in the rankings or ROS. Guess he was just elevated from the practice squad.
Perhaps another Taysom Hill look-a-like with QB playing 50/50 with Mills?

It's the Driskel Kid

Any Texans homers got any insight on whether Jeff Driskel will get decent playing time alongside Davis Mills again? I would love to start him as a TE in my Yahoo league over Dalton Schultz.

Texans offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton said the team would continue rotating quarterbacks in Week 16.​

Hamilton said Jeff Driskel would continue subbing in for starter Davis Mills in some situations, as he's done for the past couple games. Hamilton said the QB rotation keeps defenses off balance. "We hope it will limit the potential looks we will see," he said. Driskel, after playing half the team's offensive snaps in Week 14, only played 29 percent of the snaps in Week 15, rushing four times for eight yards while throwing four passes for another eight yards. Driskel, who is tight end eligible in Yahoo! leagues, is a better streaming option than most tight ends thanks to his red zone rushing role.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Dec 21, 2022, 12:19 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread