What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL JOSH GORDON DA PATRIOT THREAD (2 Viewers)

"a lot of mouths to feed" in NE, except no one is really getting fed.

Gordon is fantatsic news for Gronk owners, ad Gronk is fantastic news for Gordon owners.

Well... We know what Gordon can do in 14 games with dog turds at QB...

What can he do in 13 games with the GOAT?

I can't even stop shaking.
You assume he masters the playbook and getsmon the same page as Brady right away.  Johnson could never figure it out.  We don’t know if Gordon will.  If he does, watch out.  

Because I believe it's a disingenuous argument that ignores the basic fact that you can't produce when you can't get on the field due to suspensions.

Take AB, Julio, Odell, Hopkins and have them spend 4 years mainly suspended, next to no training camp and little practice time, put them on the Browns with those QB's and put them in a situation where they will play 11 games in 4-5 game spurts over those 4 years. There is no way you honestly think any of them would have done jack squat.

So again it's horrible argument if the purpose of the argument is to frame Gordon as not having the skills to produce big numbers.

It's a valid argument of course only if someone is trying to use it as a point to drive home that he is never available but I don't feel that was your point or the point that most people have been trying to use the "whats he done since 2013" argument. 

I wouldn't worry about him learning the playbook.

Brady in the huddle “G BROWN RT 74 HOSS X-FOLLOW”

then he adds, "jgpost", "jgoutonthesticks", "jgshallowcross", "jgmidcross".

Ok, he's good to go. 

Gordon doesn't have to know a single play.

Line him up on the outside and let him run and he'll draw a LOT of attention - and Gronk becomes more open, RB's more open, Hogan more open, Edelman when he gets back .... the best decoy in the NFL until he DOES learn the playbook and if he blazes by someone? the GOAT will find him for a 80 yard TD

best thing? Patriots get him right and trade him in offseason for a 2nd round pick  :0

I wonder if Gordon knows how to run a slant....
And what if the D blitzes and he needs to know how he's supposed to break his route and adjust?

You're acting like he's plug n play, and 2013 was just yesterday (Calvin Johnson and Eric Decker say "hi"), and he'll just step right in and roll.

I'd sell high (ha! pun intended) if someone values him as highly as you do, but I'd mostly hold since I don't expect most folks in my leagues to have on the double-thick rose colored glasses that you've been wearing in the 5 or 6 Josh Gordon threads. :)

[note to self: why oh why did I get myself involved in the Josh Gordon thread?...]

Last edited by a moderator:
2013 was a long time ago. Yes.

But, let's look at his YPR since he came into the league...

16.1 / 18.9 / 12.6 / 18.6 / 17.0

.Know what I mean? You can't teach that level of beastliness.... and now he's got Brady.

deep breath.

Threw an offer out for William Fuller straight up. I believe Josh can do it but I don't know if I can wait the 2-4 weeks it might take him to get there. I'm 0-2 already.

Lol...Soulfly commits to dropping this schtick and Souljaay suddenly shows up with the same schtick.  This place is pure comedy  :lmao:
jesus christ man, 2yrs later and you're still going on about this?

report it if you think it's an alias. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In dynasty ppr, if Gordon owner needs a RB, is Dion Lewis a fair trade for both? What RB would you equate to Gordon's value at the moment? He has talent and opportunity, but he has a track record of failing and BB won't put up with BS. Plus, he has to learn playbook and earn trust of Brady.  What are realistic comps?

In dynasty ppr, if Gordon owner needs a RB, is Dion Lewis a fair trade for both? What RB would you equate to Gordon's value at the moment? He has talent and opportunity, but he has a track record of failing and BB won't put up with BS. Plus, he has to learn playbook and earn trust of Brady.  What are realistic comps?
I wouldn't even trade James White or Austin Ekeler for Gordon right now.  

He basically just got cut from the Browns, Patriots are taking a flier... Huge risk of having zero value in two weeks. 

The naysayers, who are mentioning players not amounting to much when traded in season, need to realize this kid has top 5 talent at the WR position. He's headed to a team that will absolutely utilize his immense talent, so those comparisons really aren't applicable.

Trade him at your own peril.   
I just traded Alex Collins for Gordon in my .5ppr dyno.  Gordon owner just wanted off the train.  I’m strong at RB and don’t feel like collins is a special player.  Gordon could be out of the league next week or he could be Randy moss 2.0 in NE.  Worth the risk.  

Gordon could be out of the league next week or he could be Randy moss 2.0 in NE.  Worth the risk.  
Yea, I see no middle ground here except for maybe injury. Either he buys into the Patriot way and puts up big time numbers or he'll be cut. I don't see a dialed in professional Josh Gordon not excelling and I don't see NE keeping him around if he's anything other then dialed in and professional.

I'd conservatively project 52 catches for 958 yards but sadly only 4 touchdowns. With the upside of doubling that. 

The Patriots offensive playbook has over 1,000 pass plays lmao
They aren't going to give him the entire playbook.  BB will give him a packet of 10-15 plays to start.  He probably had the plays before he was on the airplane.  

I honestly would not be surprised if he was on the field this week.  He has to be excited for a fresh start.  And a fresh start with Tom Brady as your QB after what he has had? He just won the lottery. 

Woah, woah... Im sure this has been mentioned..

But his first game w BE is PRIMETIME SUNDAY NIGHT. 

BB gonna show the world why he makes these moves. 

Users who are viewing this thread