What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL JOSH GORDON DA PATRIOT THREAD (1 Viewer)

They should make Gordon room with B.B. Not much chance of Flash going off the rails in that scenario.
Yep. Let's keep him clean.

It's larger than me by tenfolds, but it's weird to be a longtime Jets/Josh Gordon fan. You want this to go so well, but it sucks. I'm holding him in every league I'm in because if he goes off with the Pats, I won't know what to do if I can't at least benefit fantasy-wise. 

Well, I suppose I could pull for another human being with unconditional love to have success, but hey, that's a bit much, and I'm so small...

I’m pretty upbeat about Gordon in New England, but I wouldn’t play him this week. They may design some simple plays for him, but he won’t have enough time to understand the offense. He also has a lingering hamstring issue to deal with. It’s likely Gordon is a few weeks away from having an impact in New England.

everyone doubting he has an impact makes me even more confident of it.

just like the "0.0% chance he ends up in NE" posts 3 days ago. 

Poor Emmanuel Sanders is a top-10 WR so far this year, and he doesn't even get a mention as a successful WR wearing #10!

If I were McDaniels, I'd call at least a dozen shot plays to Gordon on go routes on Sunday. Worst case, he's not open and the mere threat of it gives you a nice lane for a 8-10 yard dumpoff to White/Burkhead etc. Best case, he gets 1-on-1, which he likely should because if he doesn't Gronk does, and you hit a few big plays on a really suspect secondary, missing their pro bowl CB.

I'm not starting Gordon this week, but I'm really loaded at WR, I'd probably have him as a top-25 WR this week, which is starting for a lot of teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone doubting he has an impact makes me even more confident of it.

just like the "0.0% chance he ends up in NE" posts 3 days ago. 
I'll fess up to thinking that...

Lesson learned is desperate times call for desperate measures,

Poor Emmanuel Sanders is a top-10 WR so far this year, and he doesn't even get a mention as a successful WR wearing #10!

If I were McDaniels, I'd call at least a dozen shot plays to Gordon on go routes on Sunday. Worst case, he's not open and the mere threat of it gives you a nice lane for a 8-10 yard dumpoff to White/Burkhead etc. Best case, he gets 1-on-1, which he likely should because if he doesn't Gronk does, and you hit a few big plays on a really suspect secondary, missing their pro bowl CB.

I'm not starting Gordon this week, but I'm really loaded at WR, I'd probably have him as a top-25 WR this week, which is starting for a lot of teams.
This needs its own thread. Great receivers wearing number ten.  

you call yourself a sheldon fan, meanwhile can't even give an accurate statistical representation of how often I am in fact right?

Lemme help you.... 95.1%

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
#neverforget 

One other thought on the locker being next to TB12's - what a hell of a transition from being running buddies with Johnny Manziel. Total opposite end of the spectrum. 

Reading the FBGs article on the fantasy implications of Gordon in NE and so much of it is about the character issues. At times it's even judgmental. But it's not irrelevant obviously, if the man cannot find balance he cannot find the field. But there is so much unwritten from the football side of things. What I mostly recall from the last time he hit the field was how out of sync he was with the offense. That's pretty duplicative of what people have been saying about having to learn the Pats scheme and all that, I know, but that was an issue he had before this with a far less infamous offense. Again, total other end of the spectrum. 

FBGs also had a list of players who have had 1 year suspensions and had success after. I won't c/p here but the one name that came across was Martavis Bryant and before that it was Ricky Williams. Ricky IMO had different issues (pot, mostly a head case (and a nice guy IMO)) and Bryant... no idea. Obviously it is doable, but with JG it's been more than 1 year. This is a hell of a journey he is on, it's a huge thing he is trying to do.

Dr. Octopus said:
If Soulfly annoys you so much put him on ignore. You making it your mission to prove him wrong is far more annoying than his schtick. 

85% of your posts are Soulfly related. Your obsession seems a bit "off". 
This 100%.

@Bazinga! It's a noble cause you're fighting, but you seem to have crossed into the two wrongs zone. He's not going to stop doing his thing no matter how much you hound. Put him on ignore and move on. If you don't save someone from Soulfly as a result, bless 'em.

Dr. Octopus said:
If Soulfly annoys you so much put him on ignore. You making it your mission to prove him wrong is far more annoying than his schtick. 

85% of your posts are Soulfly related. Your obsession seems a bit "off". 
Uh oh look out now you're gonna get a nasty PM.  And you thought his posts were childish!

Schtick is like magic! It's reciprocal and works two ways. Can't we all get along?! 

JG10 goes off for 4/90/1 this weekend. Book it. 

Love, 

Fluttershy

You all are so dumb.  You have no idea who I am and how I really am.  I could give a crap about someone as lame as Soulfly.  What is funny to me is you recognize his schtick but seem to have no clue that mine is just that.  I read these boards about an hour a day.  Some days more, some days less.  I don't bother posting much, because I just don't take the time.  I spend 3-5 minutes of that hour scanning through this dumpster fire of a thread.  I see the many dumb Soulfly posts and respond to one or two with a short, smart ### comment, because it is funny to me.

Get over yourselves.  I am not serious.  Get it now?  I am laughing.  Why so serious?
Understood.  Just please stay away from my rabbit.

You all are so dumb.  You have no idea who I am and how I really am.  I could give a crap about someone as lame as Soulfly.  What is funny to me is you recognize his schtick but seem to have no clue that mine is just that.  I read these boards about an hour a day.  Some days more, some days less.  I don't bother posting much, because I just don't take the time.  I spend 3-5 minutes of that hour scanning through this dumpster fire of a thread.  I see the many dumb Soulfly posts and respond to one or two with a short, smart ### comment, because it is funny to me.

Get over yourselves.  I am not serious.  Get it now?  I am laughing.  Why so serious?
He's got a point. There is no Joker without Batman. 

i like the part when there was 0 chance he went to NE and then he went to NE. 

i dont like the part when he left cleveland, but i got 2 WR1s out of it w him and callaway

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Reading the FBGs article on the fantasy implications of Gordon in NE and so much of it is about the character issues. At times it's even judgmental. But it's not irrelevant obviously, if the man cannot find balance he cannot find the field. But there is so much unwritten from the football side of things. What I mostly recall from the last time he hit the field was how out of sync he was with the offense. That's pretty duplicative of what people have been saying about having to learn the Pats scheme and all that, I know, but that was an issue he had before this with a far less infamous offense. Again, total other end of the spectrum. 

FBGs also had a list of players who have had 1 year suspensions and had success after. I won't c/p here but the one name that came across was Martavis Bryant and before that it was Ricky Williams. Ricky IMO had different issues (pot, mostly a head case (and a nice guy IMO)) and Bryant... no idea. Obviously it is doable, but with JG it's been more than 1 year. This is a hell of a journey he is on, it's a huge thing he is trying to do.
All told it's been more than a year but it hasn't been a year since he saw the field.  He played five games last season and participated in all OTAs before missing 2.5 weeks of training camp.

All told it's been more than a year but it hasn't been a year since he saw the field.  He played five games last season and participated in all OTAs before missing 2.5 weeks of training camp.
I realize that, poor writing on my part - I meant the former, his struggle has been more than a one year struggle. He's really been at this since end of 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread