What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Kamala Harris Thread***** (3 Viewers)

Reagan was very good but in my opinion nobody in my lifetime has just owned a room the way Obama can. He's playing at another level than guys like Clinton and Reagan, both of whom were very strong speakers. 
I'm as much of an Obama fan as anyone else, but Clinton's ability to own a room is incredible.  I've seen him speak several times and i'm always taken off guard with how absolutely captivated thousands of people are while he's speaking...and also how personal he makes his speech.  You're left with the impression you just had a face to face meeting with him, despite being one of thousands listening.

Obama doesn't give that same impression.  Incredible speaker, but not the same.  But again, I think Obama was a historically great speaker.  Clinton is not only a great speaker, but a great connector.

All of these black women deserved to be targeted, but to cry racism is dumb. The administration has targeted males and females of all colors. 
Are there any white women or women not of color who were called "Low IQ" by Trump outside of Waters? Can you name one?

squistion said:
Are there any white women or women not of color who were called "Low IQ" by Trump outside of Waters? Can you name one?
The more racism he shows, the more they love him.  He knows where his bread is buttered. 

This country has gone to ####. At least back in the early days of the internet, it was just creepy racist trolls on BBS/message boards. Trump now uses them as an army and they are all over social media, 4Chan, Reddit, etc. It’s outta control. Trump is outta control. The GOP ceded way too much power to him. I don’t know if they know that this is not going to end well, damn they stacking the courts. 

I’m hoping they are just letting Trump hang himself with all the rope they give him. It’s one thing going after politicians the way he does on Twitter. But a POTUS going after citizens and flat out being racist is just bad for the country. 

#### the GOP. Seriously. 

She has a presence. I didn’t vote for her (preferred Sanchez since she’s from my area, I’ve met her and she ousted Bob Dornan) but there is something about Harris. She may indeed be our next President. 

squistion said:
He's used that little charmer on Robert DeNiro too.  "Punch drunk".

This country has gone to ####. At least back in the early days of the internet, it was just creepy racist trolls on BBS/message boards. Trump now uses them as an army and they are all over social media, 4Chan, Reddit, etc. It’s outta control. Trump is outta control. The GOP ceded way too much power to him. I don’t know if they know that this is not going to end well, damn they stacking the courts. 

I’m hoping they are just letting Trump hang himself with all the rope they give him. It’s one thing going after politicians the way he does on Twitter. But a POTUS going after citizens and flat out being racist is just bad for the country. 

#### the GOP. Seriously. 
I agree.  They made their deal with the devil to stack the courts.   It's not going to be pretty how this ends. 

squistion said:
Mediaite‏ @Mediaite 8m8 minutes ago

White House Twitter Goes Full Trump, Targets Sen. Kamala Harris For 'Supporting the Animals of MS-13'

https://www.mediaite.com/online/white-house-twitter-goes-full-trump-targets-sen-kamala-harris-for-supporting-the-animals-of-ms-13/
This probably should be in the Trump instead of/in addition to here. It's really awful. Using a government twitter account to lie about and trash a US Senator would have been unthinkable three years ago.  We've grown accustomed to this sort of norm-breaking of course, but it's still worth noting every time we cross a line towards authoritarianism we can't uncross.

Kamala Harris‏ @SenKamalaHarris 15h15 hours ago

Republicans just announced a committee vote on Kavanaugh at 9:30 AM on Friday - less than 20 hours after Thursday’s hearing ends. This means little to no chance for the American people to contact them and weigh in. This is a sham.

Heard this earlier today: Senate Dems should pool all of their speaking time and let Harris and Klobuchar, both former prosecutors, handle all the questioning of Kavanaugh, Ford and any other witnesses. I don't need a bunch of Senators speechifying and grandstanding. Get down to brass tacks.

Heard this earlier today: Senate Dems should pool all of their speaking time and let Harris and Klobuchar, both former prosecutors, handle all the questioning of Kavanaugh, Ford and any other witnesses. I don't need a bunch of Senators speechifying and grandstanding. Get down to brass tacks.
Somehow I feel like Corey Booker would have a big problem with this.

Obama was the greatest Presidential speaker in my lifetime. Bill Clinton was damn good too but Obama was on another level. Kamala isn't Obama but I think she could best Bill the way she's going. 
What does a good speech really do in the long run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Harris didn't go hard after Kavanaugh. Pulled her punches. She knew. 

Harris didn't go hard after Kavanaugh. Pulled her punches. She knew. 
Nope. She was only given 5 minutes like every other committee senator. No enough time to lay the groundwork or build up to asking probing questions, which is exactly why Republicans posted such a strict time limit (which, I believe had not been done before in a confirmation hearing setting).

I didn’t see a thread and I think she deserves her own. Watching the Iowa town hall tonight and I’m very very impressed. On the issues she is a little too liberal for me. She is for: 

Medicare for All

Green New Deal (this is somewhat undefined- I’m not clear if she is for AOC’s specific ideas or if she has her own.) 

I’m not there yet on these issues- I’m a little more centrist. But her demeanor and personality are outstanding and she seems genuine, competent, smart, and good willed. And this to me is much more important than the specific issues. Dare I say she reminds me of Obama? 

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good performance tonight, but hey who knows, it's so damned early it's incredible. Hillary didn't even officially declare until May in 2015.

I mean it's not a big deal, but I would think that you of all people would know how to spell the first name of the next president of the United States

So Tim...

I don’t know much about her, including her name... but she’s genuine, smart, and good-willed.
I know you’re a conservative so you’re obviously not going to agree with her views. But what do you think of her? Does she inpress you? 

What's the deal about her being a homewrecker?  Saw a few memes posted by my Trump obsessed Facebook friends yesterday.  Something about an affair with a married man years ago?  Is this a thing?

Full disclosure, these same Facebook friends post pictures of Obama shaking Bin Laden's hand and other photoshopped, made-up nonsense.

What's the deal about her being a homewrecker?  Saw a few memes posted by my Trump obsessed Facebook friends yesterday.  Something about an affair with a married man years ago?  Is this a thing?

Full disclosure, these same Facebook friends post pictures of Obama shaking Bin Laden's hand and other photoshopped, made-up nonsense.
It’s Willie Brown. Do you know him? Lol. 

I know it's been said time and time again, but she really is a cop through and through.  Prosecuting a homeless mother of 3 working two jobs for her kids' truancy? 

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1090018874995757062

Watch this video. The utter joy Kamala Harris takes in using power against the powerless is something to behold.
I just watched the video and it really doesn't seem objectionable to me, although the only thing she describes is sending a letter.  Did she actually go ahead and prosecute parents?  Do we know how that played out?

Users who are viewing this thread