What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

so does the name "Wallace" at 108 degrees in the lighthouse actually mean something? or did Jacob tell Hurley that just because he had to tell him SOMETHING to get him to go there?if it does mean something, who is Wallace? also, the name was crossed out...does that mean Wallace is dead, or just no longer a candidate?oh, and we need more screen time for Miles.
108 is also the sum of the numbers, which I think is the more relevant fact than Wallace at the 108 spot. But yeah, I think it could have been anyone's number as it was just an excuse for Jack to work on one of his personal demons.
This.

speaking of baseball i did chuckle a little when jack's son was wearing a dodgers baseball cap to spite his dad's team in their photo together.Also.. if jack is a decent surgeon or even just a real doctor, why does he drive that hell hole of a truck around?
While we differ in opinions as to how this season is going so far, I find it funny that I noticed both of these things last night as well. Had the same exact thought about his truck.

so does the name "Wallace" at 108 degrees in the lighthouse actually mean something? or did Jacob tell Hurley that just because he had to tell him SOMETHING to get him to go there?if it does mean something, who is Wallace? also, the name was crossed out...does that mean Wallace is dead, or just no longer a candidate?oh, and we need more screen time for Miles.
108 is also the sum of the numbers, which I think is the more relevant fact than Wallace at the 108 spot. But yeah, I think it could have been anyone's number as it was just an excuse for Jack to work on one of his personal demons.
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :thumbup:

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Twilight said:
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :shrug:
Dave from Accounting at the box company.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Twilight said:
so does the name "Wallace" at 108 degrees in the lighthouse actually mean something? or did Jacob tell Hurley that just because he had to tell him SOMETHING to get him to go there?

if it does mean something, who is Wallace? also, the name was crossed out...does that mean Wallace is dead, or just no longer a candidate?

oh, and we need more screen time for Miles.
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :goodposting:
Wrong. Pretty sure it is Randy. Think of the baseball. What kind of pitch can you throw with a baseball? A curveball, that's what. Randy. The guy you least suspect.Pack this one up. All the loose ends have been tied :X

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Twilight said:
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :moneybag:
David Wallace?

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Twilight said:
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :moneybag:
Wrong. Pretty sure it is Randy. Think of the baseball. What kind of pitch can you throw with a baseball? A curveball, that's what. Randy. The guy you least suspect.Pack this one up. All the loose ends have been tied :bowtie:
Randy's the #####, right? Strikes me as more a knuckler (probably up to the second knuckle. RIP shiny).

The lighthouse wheel with all the names on it...could it be that the two names directly opposite each other are each others constants? Linus on one side, Widmore on the other...that kind of thing?

Bob Sacamano said:
I was thinking about this last night. Baseball = leather. tough, rugged. Baseball has seams and stitching. It is held together. I can be thrown at velocity. It moves can move through space to its destination when acted upon.

The baseball is a metaphor for time travel.

Stitches in time.
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, 108 double stitches on a baseball.
A baseball also fixed Rick Moranis' invention in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...I'm just saying....
"James 'Big Toe' Dogen booted a ball in the 1923 World Series, allowing the Yankees (the rivals of Jack's beloved Red Sox) to ultimately win the series. Dogen's error was the 4th for the NL team. Most in attendance reported that Dogen's play should not have been an error, as the ball would have likely made it through the infield were it not for the elongated toe on his left foot causing him to wear a shoe 2 sizes larger than anyone else in the league. If that ball had made it through, there would have been 108 combined hits in the '23 World Series."Tough to think Dogen is going to turn out to be on Jack's side.
This begs the question, how did Dogen get off the island? Did he pull a Deion Sanders and split seasons? I don't see Dogen sitting through training camp either.

Bob Sacamano said:
I was thinking about this last night. Baseball = leather. tough, rugged. Baseball has seams and stitching. It is held together. I can be thrown at velocity. It moves can move through space to its destination when acted upon.

The baseball is a metaphor for time travel.

Stitches in time.
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, 108 double stitches on a baseball.
A baseball also fixed Rick Moranis' invention in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...I'm just saying....
"James 'Big Toe' Dogen booted a ball in the 1923 World Series, allowing the Yankees (the rivals of Jack's beloved Red Sox) to ultimately win the series. Dogen's error was the 4th for the NL team. Most in attendance reported that Dogen's play should not have been an error, as the ball would have likely made it through the infield were it not for the elongated toe on his left foot causing him to wear a shoe 2 sizes larger than anyone else in the league. If that ball had made it through, there would have been 108 combined hits in the '23 World Series."Tough to think Dogen is going to turn out to be on Jack's side.
This begs the question, how did Dogen get off the island? Did he pull a Deion Sanders and split seasons? I don't see Dogen sitting through training camp either.
Um, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but James "Big Toe" Dogen was a player on a baseball team IRL. This is a character in a TV show. Get a grip, GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of baseball i did chuckle a little when jack's son was wearing a dodgers baseball cap to spite his dad's team in their photo together.Also.. if jack is a decent surgeon or even just a real doctor, why does he drive that hell hole of a truck around?
Could have been the son's little league team hat. And the only way to spite a Red Sox dad is to wear a Yankees hat.
:goodposting:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.
There's a difference between him driving a luxurious Mercedes or an SUV and just driving a semi-new reasonable car.I mean why does the "jack" character need to drive a real HOLE of a vehicle rather than just a regular semi-new chevy or ford or something.I'm not an advocate of expensive cars, or even brand new cars... but since I can afford it (and assume that if jack were read he could too).. it seems more sensible that he would at least drive something other than a piece of ####.

Kumerica said:
This actually raises a pretty good question. The new chick said that notLocke can no longer manifest itself as anyone but Locke. IF this is true, how would notLocke have manifested itself as Alex when he Ben went to be judged?
I think this is time stamped around the time Jacob was pushed into the oven.
Well they didn't know that Jacob would die when they carried Locke to the foot and she stated that was their main reason for doing so.

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Twilight said:
This.
108 = the sum of the other candidates = the perfect candidate = the solution to that Venezzi equation (or whatever it is called) = the savior of mankind :eek:
108 = WallaceWallace = WaltOMG I figured out the whole show.EFF YOU CUSE/LIDOFF

Could have been the son's little league team hat. And the only way to spite a Red Sox dad is to wear a Yankees hat.
:lmao:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.
There's a difference between him driving a luxurious Mercedes or an SUV and just driving a semi-new reasonable car.I mean why does the "jack" character need to drive a real HOLE of a vehicle rather than just a regular semi-new chevy or ford or something.I'm not an advocate of expensive cars, or even brand new cars... but since I can afford it (and assume that if jack were read he could too).. it seems more sensible that he would at least drive something other than a piece of ####.
I don't recall the condition of Jack's, but classic Broncos can easily go for $40K when in good condition.

:shrug:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.
I don't recall the condition of Jack's, but classic Broncos can easily go for $40K when in good condition.
Best not to feed the trolls.

Kumerica said:
This actually raises a pretty good question. The new chick said that notLocke can no longer manifest itself as anyone but Locke. IF this is true, how would notLocke have manifested itself as Alex when he Ben went to be judged?
Well they didn't know that Jacob would die when they carried Locke to the foot and she stated that was their main reason for doing so.
No, Ilana didn't know that Jacob would die. They were bringing Locke's corpse to show everyone what they were dealing with. Considering that Ilana only mentioned that notLocke couldn't manifest himself as anyone else after she knew Jacob was dead it stands to reason that once Jacob died notLocke could no longer be anyone but Locke/smoke.

point takeni just got served
FWIW, Jack was driving the same vehicle in the flash forwards and nobody seemed to have a problem with it then. Why are people pissing and moaning about it now?
The Bronco fit the "I grew a ####### gnarly beard and I am listening to a Nirvana-like Band really loud" image that season.People can't wrap their heads around him driving it as the loving dad. Somethings are going to be tough to swallow this season folks. Gonna have to suspend a little reality every now and then.sheez.

Kumerica said:
No, Ilana didn't know that Jacob would die. They were bringing Locke's corpse to show everyone what they were dealing with. Considering that Ilana only mentioned that notLocke couldn't manifest himself as anyone else after she knew Jacob was dead it stands to reason that once Jacob died notLocke could no longer be anyone but Locke/smoke.
Good point.

Wow, the tide has turned in this thread - not that I mind - it's been blind fandom in here since it started.

Haven't seen it mentioned but since the images in the lighthouse mirror were places that Jacob had met some of the island folk, does it imply that he met Jack earlier on than what we have seen when he handed him a candy bar or whatever in the hospital? Like when he was a kid.
Interesting point is that they showed where Jack grew up - so was he watching Jack? Or Christian? Which Shephard is 23 Shephard? I still think it's Jack but the door is open.

But when they did see Jack's house where he grew up in the lighthouse, did anybody else think why? Why the house he grew up in? It seems like the writers wanted to make a point that Jacob had his looking glass but why show the house? That seems lame.

Why not show something of importance? Something from Jack as an adult or a doctor or with his father. Or the scene with Jacob - just don't show Jacob. Showing the house was lame - at least at this point.

But when they did see Jack's house where he grew up in the lighthouse, did anybody else think why? Why the house he grew up in? It seems like the writers wanted to make a point that Jacob had his looking glass but why show the house? That seems lame. Why not show something of importance? Something from Jack as an adult or a doctor or with his father. Or the scene with Jacob - just don't show Jacob. Showing the house was lame - at least at this point.
To show to him that he has been watched his entire life. He was destined to come to the island. Etc....

Why not show something of importance? Something from Jack as an adult or a doctor or with his father. Or the scene with Jacob - just don't show Jacob. Showing the house was lame - at least at this point.
because it was Jack's childhood home...they're leaving the door open that "Shephard" could be Jack OR Christian.I think. maybe. I really have no clue and just want to play along with you guys.

But when they did see Jack's house where he grew up in the lighthouse, did anybody else think why? Why the house he grew up in? It seems like the writers wanted to make a point that Jacob had his looking glass but why show the house? That seems lame. Why not show something of importance? Something from Jack as an adult or a doctor or with his father. Or the scene with Jacob - just don't show Jacob. Showing the house was lame - at least at this point.
Is there anything you don't complain about?

Is there anything you don't complain about?
Not a complaint - just curious. It seems lame. "He's been watching us our whole lives!!!!" Cue dramatic music. I think it would have been more compelling to show tons of other scenes. That's constructive criticism.And I won't complain about you being my personal post stalker either. I will critique that you can't separate criticism from complaint though.

This whole thing is going to end up with Jack fighting his father, isn't it?
I'm a little surprised he never ended up kissing/falling for Claire before finding out they were related.
I bet he bones her in the flash sideways thing. In fact, I hope that's the final scene in the show.
The show opens with a close-up on his eye, the show ends with the camera closing in on a "puddle"...and as it gets closer, you can make out the island within Jack's DNA. :lmao:

:goodposting:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.
I chalked it up to the divorce.

Based off this, has anyone any theory as to why, when Infected Claire and Jin saw notLocke, Jin saw him as Locke but Claire did not? If he cannot change form, why would she not see him as Locke?

Based off this, has anyone any theory as to why, when Infected Claire and Jin saw notLocke, Jin saw him as Locke but Claire did not? If he cannot change form, why would she not see him as Locke?
Um, What crazy people say. Uh, uh, Symptoms of bad LASIK.

Um, oh, oh, I know - Results of mystical infections.

Users who are viewing this thread