What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Anyone who got the show on tape/DVR, wanna give me the number of keystrokes Desmond types before hitting EXECUTE. Thanks.
Watched it again (& again) in slowmo and almost positive he typed in my sig and then [EXECUTE] :yes:
K, thanks. Numbers can't be put into the oceanicflight815 site. I was hoping there would be more than one password but it doesn't look like it.

I saw on another site that the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 were the last 6 numbers retired by the Yankees.
That's why the Red Sox will never win the series.
Also Aaron and Boone are mentioned and there are 108 stiches on a baseball (another number that appears--which is the sum of the 6 numbers).

I saw on another site that the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 were the last 6 numbers retired by the Yankees.
Also Aaron and Boone are mentioned and there are 108 stiches on a baseball (another number that appears--which is the sum of the 6 numbers).
Then, if my Bull Durham memory serves, there are also 108 beads on a Catholic rosary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then, if my Bull Durham memory serves, there are also 108 beads on a Catholic rosary.
:o
Sorry, was this covered already?My sarcasm radar is very much on the fritz right now.

Can people seriously stop with the spoilers?  Eventually you're gonna ruin it for the rest of us.
:confused:
I really do not want to know what typing in that password will show me, yet some ###### is bound to spill the beans.I guess there haven't been any spoilers yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: You know XNOUGHT is just DYING to tell us. Please do not tell us. Anybody. Thanks.

Can people seriously stop with the spoilers?  Eventually you're gonna ruin it for the rest of us.
:confused:
I really do not want to know what typing in that password will show me, yet some ###### is bound to spill the beans.I guess there haven't been any spoilers yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.
So if there haven't been any spoilers yet, how can you ask us to stop with them? :confused:

btw, almost everybody in the 100+ page season one thread were excellent with spoiler warnings. we talk about them in here, but they are covered so you can't see them unless you drag your mouse over them to uncover the text. if you don't want to know, you won't. 99% of it is all bull#### anyways.

Spoilers are usually posted in white text so they can only be seen by highlighting them. If you dont highlight, you wont see em.

btw, almost everybody in the 100+ page season one thread were excellent with spoiler warnings.

we talk about them in here, but they are covered so you can't see them unless you drag your mouse over them to uncover the text.

if you don't want to know, you won't. 99% of it is all bull#### anyways.
I'm new here.... I wasn't around for the first thread. Good to know though.
:welcome:

The searching I've just done seems to say there are only 59 beads in a Catholic rosary. I'm sad that Bull Durham would lie to us like that. :sadbanana:

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

go there. At the bottom of page there is a barcode. Click on it and type

theislandiswaiting

Prepared to shocked and confused because its a big spoiler
:eek:
Did you get a video or a script page?
Script.
But notice that the script page is for tonights episode "Man of science, Man of faith", and none of whats on that page happened.
Is there video footage on that site?
Supposedly there was earlier...Waiting for confirmation via a link or something

The searching I've just done seems to say there are only 59 beads in a Catholic rosary.  I'm sad that Bull Durham would lie to us like that.  :sadbanana:
Well, the Hindu mala apparantly has 108 beads. I, however, am not educated enough to know what this is.
Their sum seems to be 12 + 8 + 36 + 25 + 27. I doubt there's any connection.

Great show tonight, although it was weird as I have never figured anything on this show out before but the second I saw the dude in the stadium I knew it was the guy in the hatch at the beginning. i was actually surprised I was right because I am never right about this show. Definitely an entertaining hour.

I was really hoping, since this is obviously a Survivor-wannabe for actors, that the guy in the hatch would be Richard Hatch.

HOLY #$@& Tonight was the first time I watched it, and now I'm hooked. I hadn't thought of half the things in this thread. You guys are intense with the slow motion, and listing to stuff backwards. Keep it up.

there was definitely light coming in through shades. running water to do his dishes and shower, a washing machine, what seemed to be some sort of fresh fruit for his shake.

doesn't make sense.
I noticed that some of the things down there seemed to be VERY modern.
Rewatching the beginning, and I disagreeComputer system is ancient. 70's to 80's

Records, with 70's era looking sound equipment.

Lava Lamp

Exercise Bike has no digital/computerized components.

Washer/Dryer and Blender could have been any era. No dishwasher.

To me, it had a 70's feel to the decor. But I doubt

And I don't think it was fresh fruit. Marachino Cherries and canned peaches would be my guess

Oh, and as for the light, it has to be artificial. You clearly see the light shining throught the "window" when the dynamite goes off. Which happens in the middle of the night.

His suit logo is an Octagon, or actually several 1 inside the other very reminiscent of the Pentagon. But it is very blurry, and barely visible being black on black.

Overall, strong first ep. Immediately flagged the 'See you in the next Life' line, and remembered the unknown guy had long hair, so it wasn't a surprise it me. I think it is the same guy. How, however, :shrug:

And we still don't know how long ago this was. Jack was made to look much younger, and there is an unknown timeline of him meeting Sara(Now seen), falling in love, marrying her (Flashback seen), splitting up ("Are you married? No, not anymore"). Could be as much as 10 years, but unknown at this time.

Overall, it still keeps my vote as best show presently on TV

supplies, and power, where is the brotha getting them from??? did i see him crack an egg, or am i making that up??also, the brotha was out recently to run those stairs, no reason there couldn't have been modern, or at least more recent equipment... he wasn't there for 20 years

:blackdot: To me all the stuff inside the hatch looked very 70's as well.If Danielle has been on the island 16 years (according to Sayid's calculations), and wit the numbers theories about the numbers 4, 8 and 16, could it be that the hatce was put there 32 years ago. That would make the year 1973. While some of the stuff there looked "new" alot of the appliances I've seen out there lately have a bit of a retro look to them.Then, as other people have raised if (BIG IF) the hatch has been there from the 70's, HTH did Desmond get in there when he appears to have seen Jack roughly 8-10 years ago.I'm officially hooked again. Season 2, episode 1 did not disappoint!

About the computer... it looked like an old Apple IIe computer, which would put the era in the 80's (1983.) If it was a Apple II, it could be late 70's.Can anyone get a close up shot of the computer?

About the computer... it looked like an old Apple IIe computer, which would put the era in the 80's (1983.) If it was a Apple II, it could be late 70's.

Can anyone get a close up shot of the computer?
the keyboard had an "execute" key

I wonder if any of the others on the beach saw that light from the hatch beam straight up into the sky....

Is the first season out on dvd?
Yes. It came out a week or two ago.Another popular theory going around on other sites is known as the Genetic Mirror Theory. Here is the concept started with this post . . .

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from.
LINKThe theory fits with the show, but no one apparently has been able to produce the book that allegedly is the primary focus for this explanation.

Anyone else think the word Quarantine may apply to OUTSIDE the hatch? If it was written on the INSIDE of the hatch door, then it would be a warning to anyone inside. The hatch is the only safe place from the sickness, which is outside.

:yes:

there was definitely light coming in through shades. running water to do his dishes and shower, a washing machine, what seemed to be some sort of fresh fruit for his shake.

doesn't make sense.
I noticed that some of the things down there seemed to be VERY modern.
Rewatching the beginning, and I disagreeComputer system is ancient. 70's to 80's

Records, with 70's era looking sound equipment.

Lava Lamp

Exercise Bike has no digital/computerized components.

Washer/Dryer and Blender could have been any era. No dishwasher.

To me, it had a 70's feel to the decor. But I doubt

And I don't think it was fresh fruit. Marachino Cherries and canned peaches would be my guess

Oh, and as for the light, it has to be artificial. You clearly see the light shining throught the "window" when the dynamite goes off. Which happens in the middle of the night.
Good analysis.

Yes. It came out a week or two ago.Another popular theory going around on other sites is known as the Genetic Mirror Theory. Here is the concept started with this post . . .

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from.
LINKThe theory fits with the show, but no one apparently has been able to produce the book that allegedly is the primary focus for this explanation.
Looks like a bunch of crap to me, like someone just made that all up.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

This can't be a coincidence.

Does anyone have any theories about Walt? That part was f'n creepy.
You ask this 2 posts after you tell everyone to stop telling spoilers? fyi, most "spoilers" are just theories anyway. There's been only one set of spoilers since I've been watching the show that actually turned out to be 100% correct.Welcome aboard, now ####.

Does anyone have any theories about Walt?  That part was f'n creepy.
You ask this 2 posts after you tell everyone to stop telling spoilers? fyi, most "spoilers" are just theories anyway. There's been only one set of spoilers since I've been watching the show that actually turned out to be 100% correct.Welcome aboard, now ####.
Good morning, grumpy.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

Looks like a bunch of crap to me, like someone just made that all up.
:yes: And damnit, Wingnut, that was exactly what I was thinking last night. Forgot to post and thought about it this morning. Kudos.

Does anyone have any theories about Walt?  That part was f'n creepy.
Good morning, grumpy.
:lmao:

Has anyone mentioned that the guy in the SUV that Jack chose not to save was Shannon and Boone's father?

Yes, I mentioned that a couple of pages ago.As for a rebroadcast, I don't see it listed in any tv listings. It's already on emule if you wanted to download it.

Where can I place a wager down that the moment Jack's patient/wife regains feeling in her lower extremities, John Locke loses his?I'd bet a case on it. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread