What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (2 Viewers)

I don't even watch pre game or halftime shows any more except for Purdue games. I flip on music or do something else.
I like Kenny and Charles on inside the nba but they are truly clueless with college hoops. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't close the blinds over whatever window is creating that huge glare in the Va Tech/Fla game?

God Bless Hulu Live and streaming and Friday basketball at the office.

Tomorrow my garage will be a sports bar with 4 tv's going at once. Garage doors wide open for neighbors and friends to stop by for a bit. Gonna grill out and maybe deep fry something. 

So will they have 90 minutes between games all the way through like they did last night, so they can sanitize the arena in between? Gonna make for some late nights if so.

Ugh Duruji after that last rebound for Florida as a 54% free throw shooter held the ball when he could have passed it for someone else to take the foul.  I knew he was going to miss those.

So will they have 90 minutes between games all the way through like they did last night, so they can sanitize the arena in between? Gonna make for some late nights if so.
Not sure how long between games but they have 6 arenas going today so there shouldn’t be a lot of gaps. 

Billy Packer’s skills have aged incredibly. He was old 25 years ago, but is still a top notch announcer. The best around in my opinion. 

After I posted above about ORU making 3s, I'm not sure they made another (I'm the ultimate jinx). But they outhustled OSU all game. That dude with the long hair was all over the floor taking the ball away from OSU and was a big factor in the game, and I'm not sure he even scored a point.

Hmm, maybe I was wrong, I haven't watched college ball in a while, but it sure sounded like him.  Seems like he retired. 

Hmm, maybe I was wrong, I haven't watched college ball in a while, but it sure sounded like him.  Seems like he retired. 
You're messing around, right? That was Rafftery. Billy Packer hasn't done a game in years.

Is Billy Packer even alive 
Dunno. I assume so.

Back in the '70s, ACC games were syndicated. The big Saturday game - usually involving UNC - was always called by Jim Thacker and Billy Packer. They wore God-awful plaid suits, but that's what we had. He was a very good analyst then. 

Anyway, Packer got more bitter as time went on. He despised John Thompson and Georgetown. Same with Nolan Richardson and Arkansas. But, I think the Fab Five broke him. Notice a pattern?

CBS let him go on at least a decade and a half too long. 

Not messing around, just wrong. This makes much more sense. Oops. 
Rafftery is great, IMO. He still does his homework (unlike guys like Vitale) and adjusts to changes in the game. I hope he calls games until the end of time.

I was in Vegas about a decade ago and won a trivia prize by naming all of the 15s to ever beat a 2-seed.

There were four of them at the time ... there have been five in the decade since.

Users who are viewing this thread