What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvel's Daredevil series on Netflix (1 Viewer)

Really enjoyed it. It was one of those that I didnt want to end.

The tag team of Netflix and Marvel may be one of the smartest things both companies have done. I would imagine the hype around this will lead to an increase in netflix subs from those interested in the Marvel Universe. As others have already said, more are on their way

I will add, that even though I know that it is a super hero show, the fact that he was not hit by one of the millions of bullets was a little blah

Needs more Rosario Dawson and one more

Who was the guy that Stick was talking to asking if DD would come around
Forget it, found a ton of great info here. Spoilers so dont look if you dont want to

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/daredevil-5-easter-eggs-season-two-marvel-netflix/

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does this fit into the rest of the Marvel stuff, especially the movies?
It takes place in the MCU, some time after Avengers. Supposedly Netflix is in discussion to produce other Marvel series.
They are doing "Jessica Jones", "Luke Cage", "Iron Fist" then doing an "Avengers" like show called "The Defenders" which is those 3 plus DD.
Basically similar to what happened in the movies. Several solo shows leading into a combined show. Pretty cool imo.

Finished it tonight, very good origin story of multiple characters done in a cool way. I was definitely surprised at some of the characters they offed.

I didn't really think I would like this too much, but gave it a try.

1st episode was pretty good, but gave me the impression it could easily go down hill.

Well, just watched the 2nd episode, and I was pretty damn wrong. Good episode all the way through (bonus points for Rosario Dawson being in it), and the fight scene at the end was ridiculously good.

John Bender said:
Through 10 episodes.

Trying to space out watchings of it here as best I can.

Rules so hard.
that's where I am at as well. The later episodes where they talk about his power and training were cool and a big help understanding how he can do those things. Made it easier to follow after that for me. Not sure why they waited 8 episodes or whatever for that.

Second season picked up, but new show runners
Wonder why?
Just a guess, but the current show runners will probably still be busy with one of the other Marvel/Netflix shows. I doubt they'll wait for Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/The Defenders to ALL finish before starting season 2 of Daredevil.
Netflix seems to start their series on an annual basis so I would expect the DD season 2 to open in April 2016.

Wonder why?
Just a guess, but the current show runners will probably still be busy with one of the other Marvel/Netflix shows. I doubt they'll wait for Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/The Defenders to ALL finish before starting season 2 of Daredevil.
Netflix seems to start their series on an annual basis so I would expect the DD season 2 to open in April 2016.
I hope so! And that would go with my theory, since there's no way all these other shows finish their first season by then. So they'd need a different set of show runners while the original ones continue to oversee the first seasons of their other shows.

Wonder why?
I hope so! And that would go with my theory, since there's no way all these other shows finish their first season by then. So they'd need a different set of show runners while the original ones continue to oversee the first seasons of their other shows.
Just looked it up and I think you're right, Jessica Jones is slated for this year but no dates on Iron Fist, Luke Cage and The Defenders. Although IMO Luke Cage & Iron Fist should be one show. Loved those comics from the 80s.

haha, I am like 5 episodes in and I have zero clue what you guys are talkin about :excited:

I suppose I will find out in the next few days.

I just finished last night. thought it was great. Like someone said, I thought the Foggy/Matt storyline seemed to drag a bit, but other than that, loved it.

8 episodes in... can't wait to finish it! Really enjoyed it and I'm not although I did read some comics (not Daredevil though) as a kid, I was (and am) by no means a Marvel nerd.

Gotta say, I wanted to see what the Black Cloud was all about!

What is the definitive book. I have a marvel unlimited one month free account. Will hit the best DD stuff after the civil war

Through episode .... excellent series so far. Really like the way Fisk was introduced. Hope it stays this good. I'll be back once I finish series 1

Finished up last night. Other than the first one being a little slow, I loved every single episode.

A few comments:

Gao is some sort of ninja alien or something?? She said she was from further away than China. Tied in with the Black Cloud stuff some how?? :shuked:

Finally got the show's namesake to be actually NAMED in the finale. I guess it will be season 2 before Kingpin gets named in the series?

Minor gripe: Cheap misdirection that it wasn't the editor of the paper that was dirty.

Kingpin is a tough SOB! Tazer to the head and he just shook it off?! :shock: Maybe next season we get to see how he became such a badass?

So we know that Kingpin still has people out there on his payroll (in high enough places that they orchestrated his escape). Season 2 should be fun to see who's still in play or who gets brought in.

My only gripe about the show and this made it totally unrealistic

Matt (or Foggy for that matter) never got around to banging Dawson or the hot secretary....I mean come on.

My only gripe about the show and this made it totally unrealistic

Matt (or Foggy for that matter) never got around to banging Dawson or the hot secretary....I mean come on.
Foggy attempted to bang Karen, which is consistent with the comics.

If they stay consistent, Matt will bang Karen in Season 2

I thought it was implied that Matt got at a minimum a handy from the Night Nurse

I'm in. The only *minor* complaint/issue I have is that the fact that he's blind plays virtually no role in the show IMO. I'm not sure how it was in the comics, but I haven't fully bought into how he just knows where everything is, can get around the city, not to mention block a million blows without being able to see.

I'm around episode 6 I think.

Also if you're trying to hide your identity, maybe don't wear a mask that clearly covers your eyes, making it reasonable to assume that you're blind. Kinda narrows down the field.
in the comics they very carefully explain that essentially he has almost a sonar type of vision. His impeccable hearing and sense of touch combined with the experiences he garnered from having 9 years of sight before going blind from the radioactive goo combine to give him that sonar sense of the world.

This series does minimize his blind-ness moreso than any iteration of Daredevil though IMO. Even the mostly horrible daredevil movie focused more on his blindness.

Also in the comics the black suit is only a Frank Miller thing with his origin before he shifts into the traditional Red Suit. Daredevil #1 has Murdock in a yellow suit before he transitions to the pure Red in issue #7. But the Daredevil that everyone associates with didn't come about until after Miller wrote "the Man without fear"
In the comics it isn't sonar. Sonar is a close explanation. It is more often referred to as a Radar type sense that is created by a culmination of his other senses being heightened. And my understanding is that there's also an element of it being a power of a new sense or 6th sense where he has great spacial awareness. Like Spider-man's danger sense but with images.

The chemical also gave him heightened agility and reflexes on a level higher than Captain America and a step below Spider-man. With his senses he's able to anticipate what will happen, much like those slow motion parts in the recent Sherlock Holmes movies. And with his heightened reflexes, he can dodge automatic weapon fire, etc.

In the comics the blindness isn't much a factor. I don't recall it ever being an obstacle for him.

I expect that this series will draw from the story lines that Miller wrote that started around Daredevil #227.

Where does this fit into the rest of the Marvel stuff, especially the movies?
Show takes place a few months or so after the first Avengers movie.

As for the comics, Daredevil #1 came out in 1964. He's mostly solo. He's had interactions with most of the big name heroes in marvel. But most commonly with Spider-man, Iron Fist and Power Man, whom DD has many villains in common with.

What is the definitive book. I have a marvel unlimited one month free account. Will hit the best DD stuff after the civil war
DD#226 is a great place to start. Daredevil #158 was Miller's first issue. #168 introduces Elecktra and #181 is another important issue. Prior to that, DD is kind of campy like many of the comics were back in the day. Just geared more towards young teens.

My only knock on the series is the red mask around the nose looks odd to me. It's just a different shape than what I'm used too for DD. And I haven't been a fan of armored versions of DD. But for the series I can understand why they are going that way.

I'm through episode 7 or 8. The one that gives the "childhood" history of Kingpin.

My son (age 14) said "I think I like Kingpin more than Daredevil."

About right.

Still not reading anything in here until I'm done, just wanted to say this is a really well done show. I think I have 3eps left. Trying to watch them over time to prolong the enjoyment.

Just finished. Series was top notch, glad they are continuing it and adding more. Such a great time we live in with as many high quality binge watching opportunities we have now.

Through 10 episodes.

Rules so hard.
that's where I am at as well. The later episodes where they talk about his power and training were cool and a big help understanding how he can do those things. Made it easier to follow after that for me. Not sure why they waited 8 episodes or whatever for that.
would it make the series better if i watched the episode that explains his blindness and training ...then watch the show from the begining ?

Through 10 episodes.

Rules so hard.
would it make the series better if i watched the episode that explains his blindness and training ...then watch the show from the begining ?
no, just watch the daredevil movie or read "the man without fear" and then watch the show from the beginning

I read Daredevil back in the day, and consider the Frank Miller tenure as some of the best writing ever. I could not be more pleased with this show. Donofrio is just killing it. Some of the fight scenes are just incredible. I also dig how Matts Catholicism is being drawn out. This is the best stuff Marvel has put out thus far, IMO of course, and that's really saying something.

Through 10 episodes.

Rules so hard.
No, you just aren't going to buy in, clearly. And that's fine. But it's weird the things that people can and can't suspend disbelief about. He's a blind guy with extra sensitive senses, almost like sonar. Got it? Okay, now enjoy.

I read Daredevil back in the day, and consider the Frank Miller tenure as some of the best writing ever. I could not be more pleased with this show. Donofrio is just killing it. Some of the fight scenes are just incredible. I also dig how Matts Catholicism is being drawn out. This is the best stuff Marvel has put out thus far, IMO of course, and that's really saying something.
Best villain portrayal ever.

1. Donofrio's Kingpin

2. Ledger's Joker

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
Got to say, I'm not in love with Donofrio. He comes across as Private Pyle not killing himself and instead growing up to run a criminal empire. IIRC, Kingpin was arrogant and sure of himself; something that D'onofrio isn't conveying. Granted, I'm only 9 episodes in...so maybe he grows more into that. Where I like him very much is in his relationship with Vanessa as I think that's pretty spot on.

Got to say, I'm not in love with Donofrio. He comes across as Private Pyle not killing himself and instead growing up to run a criminal empire. IIRC, Kingpin was arrogant and sure of himself; something that D'onofrio isn't conveying. Granted, I'm only 9 episodes in...so maybe he grows more into that. Where I like him very much is in his relationship with Vanessa as I think that's pretty spot on.
It's as much of an origin of the Kingpin as it is of Daredevil.

I trust he will get there.

I had this opinion at first. He didn't seem like a big enough Richard and didn't seem all powerful and confident.

But he gets there... oh, he gets there.

Users who are viewing this thread