What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL MNF THREAD** (1 Viewer)

RIP Selvin Young.
I agree. Selvin Young has shown us that he's a horrible back and should be benched because the guy backing him up came in during the 4th quarter when the defense was tired and took it to the house. Bench Selvin! Bench Selvin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to reply in the multiple Andre Hall threads that if you take away his 62 yard run he has a 0 ypc average.

RIP Selvin Young.
I agree. Selvin Young has shown us that he's a horrible back and should be benched because the guy backing him up came in during the 4th quarter when the defense was tired and took it to the house. Bench Selvin! Bench Selvin!
I don't recall ever saying he was horrible. But I stand by the analogy I made after the Packers-Broncos game - he reminds me of Tatum Bell.

Hall averaging 62 ypc tonite, but if you take out his longest run of the game he's averaging zero.

Please excuse the giddy owner of Hall in two dynasty leagues.

Marshall getting his back "adjusted"? hope thats not an issue.. He has been laying down some hard blocks. put a TE in to do that already!

RIP Selvin Young.
I don't recall ever saying he was horrible. But I stand by the analogy I made after the Packers-Broncos game - he reminds me of Tatum Bell.
not me - I haven't seen as much of the kid as I'd like to, but so far he looks like a much better inside runner.

Officiating has been horrible.

-- NO EXCUSE for not replaying the Scaife catch inside 2 minutes of first half. None. Inexcusable.

-- It appeared live that VY scored on the disputed play. Call it right and VY doesn't get hurt on the "play that never happened".

-- Couple of big push offs by Marshall.

RIP Selvin Young.
not me - I haven't seen as much of the kid as I'd like to, but so far he looks like a much better inside runner.
He has great cutback ability and seems to find holes. Comparing him to Tatum Bell is hyperbole.

On running to your wire to pick up Hall: I just don't have the energy.

Hall got lucky, imho.

Hall out with an injury and Young back in.

Officiating has been horrible.-- NO EXCUSE for not replaying the Scaife catch inside 2 minutes of first half. None. Inexcusable.-- It appeared live that VY scored on the disputed play. Call it right and VY doesn't get hurt on the "play that never happened".-- Couple of big push offs by Marshall.
Ten could have called a TO...so there is an excuse.Pushoffs? come one now he is getting mugged.

And there's the bad side of Brandon Marshall. The announcers were getting excited as if that were a positive play, but it was negative all the way.

Titans getting VERY lucky with the fumble recoveries.
If they were lucky..they wouldnt fumble in the first place?
Not fumbling is a skill. Recovering fumbles is not.
Titans getting VERY lucky with the fumble recoveries.
Luck = preparation + opportunity
Nope. Luck = blind chance, a fortuitous bounce of an oblong ball. Look at the fumble recovery percentages from year-to-year and week-to-week if you don't believe me.
Do you realize how many fumble recoveries are the simply result of a guy just hustling on the play when others are not?
Like I said, there's no correlation between recovering fumbles from game to game and from week to week. That's pretty conclusive proof that recovering fumbles is not a skill.
Offense needs to come out here and put together a nice 6-7 minute drive with SOME points--even a FG.
####### Hall...scored too quickly.
No such thing. Even if Tennessee marches back, all they can do is get the differential back to where it was. Unless they're going to onsides kicks already, I don't care if Denver scores in 10 seconds or 10 minutes.Tennessee getting lots of special teams penalties. That's gotta piss Fisher off- he's always prided himself on his special teams.

Officiating has been horrible.-- NO EXCUSE for not replaying the Scaife catch inside 2 minutes of first half. None. Inexcusable.-- It appeared live that VY scored on the disputed play. Call it right and VY doesn't get hurt on the "play that never happened".-- Couple of big push offs by Marshall.
Ten could have called a TO...so there is an excuse.Pushoffs? come one now he is getting mugged.
"Come one now" -- what does that mean? Or, maybe I don't want to know.

RIP Selvin Young.
He has great cutback ability and seems to find holes. Comparing him to Tatum Bell is hyperbole.
Looks very similar to me - suspect between the tackles, good ability once he turns the corner and looks to have serious durability issues. I like Young but I said the same thing after the Packers-Broncos game - he reminds me of Tatum Bell. Bell had some damn good games as the Denver starter last season too but ultimately couldn't hold up.

Looks very similar to me - suspect between the tackles, good ability once he turns the corner and looks to have serious durability issues. I like Young but I said the same thing after the Packers-Broncos game - he reminds me of Tatum Bell. Bell had some damn good games as the Denver starter last season too but ultimately couldn't hold up.
Young's not suspect between the tackles, though. If anything is suspect between the tackles, it's Denver's offensive line, which has lost Hamilton and Nalen already for the season.

Dre' Bly reminding everyone why he's so highly regarded despite all those negative plays he gives up.

Young's not suspect between the tackles, though. If anything is suspect between the tackles, it's Denver's offensive line, which has lost Hamilton and Nalen already for the season.
He has the one-cut aspect down. He makes quick decisions but physically I'm not sure he's big enough to hammer away between the tackles. That was one of the big problems with Bell last season when he was the starter. Shanahan kept pounding him away between the tackles and he ultimately broke down.

Irony: Vince Young opens the season playing like dreck, but the Titans keep winning. Vince Young finally plays a great game, and the Titans lose.

Irony: Vince Young opens the season playing like dreck, but the Titans keep winning. Vince Young finally plays a great game, and the Titans lose.
That is ironic. Imagine what a legit #1 WR would mean to him. In the end, Haynesworth is going to get a big fat paycheck next year.

That is ironic. Imagine what a legit #1 WR would mean to him. In the end, Haynesworth is going to get a big fat paycheck next year.
Just hope he doesn't let it go to his head. You know, like a spiked cleat.

Users who are viewing this thread