What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

For us Sabre fans waiting til next year for our taste of playoff hockey – it was a fun night in Rochester as we completed sweep of Toronto to advance to Final 4 of Calder Cup playoffs. Similar to watching the Sabres – couple untimely defensive breakdowns, couple soft goals allowed, but they can skate & score. 15 goals over past 2 games. Adding to Sabres encouraging future, of last year’s 1st round draft picks – Isak Rosen had 2 goals last night & Jiri Kulich is on a 6 game goal streak.

I'm bleary eyed this morning. When they played Pepas in Raleigh it seemed like a foregone conclusion. Time to Hunt 🤝 Heat Culture

Goodbye, Benn. Enjoy your game and maybe more. That was disgusting. Looked like Bertuzzi way back when.

See ya!
Cannot believe that idiot did that in that important game. Freaking awful play. Suspend that guy for that BS.

He should get the rest of the series off, but they won’t do that. Jaw-droppingly goonish and stupid. I hate stuff like that, though. Everybody else’s mileage varies.

Classy fans Dallas throwing garbage on the ice. And it's after idiot Domi committed 3 penalties in a matter of 15 seconds. What were they mad about? That he didn't get away with it. Morons.

Kyle Dubas Meets With Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh

The Pittsburgh Penguins were seemingly close to naming a new hockey operations staff when Kyle Dubas became available after the Toronto Maple Leafs lost in the second round.

At that moment, the Penguins put their whole process on hold and looked for permission to talk to Dubas.

By all accounts, they were granted permission to interview Dubas and rocket him straight to the top of the priority list.

Not only did Dubas receive an interview with the Penguins, but he also met with their captain.

According to DK Pittsburgh Sports, Dubas met with Sidney Crosby at the Penguins’ practice facility late Tuesday night.

When Dubas spoke with the media in Toronto, he stated that if he wasn’t sticking with the Maple Leafs, he would take time away from the game.

Following the initial firings of Ron Hextall and Brian Burke, the Penguins had Dubas at the top of their list.

With the process on hold and no official announcement from the Penguins, it sure seems like it’s Dubas’ job to lose if he’s meeting with Crosby at the Penguins’ facility.

:biggrin:

Before the game tonight, I thought the Panthers were going to the finals. They are only a year removed from winning the President’s trophy, they made a huge trade in the off-season, and they have a mix of talented youth and heady vets.

I thought Toronto was gonna beat the Bruins, I was fading the Bruins because of Linus and old guys. Didn’t think Florida had a chance and then I watched that game 5, and realized Bruins had their hands full.

Carolina is very good, so is Toronto. I think Panthers are team to beat.
:bowtie:

So much worse than what Benn did, like not even close IMO.

Agreed, but that immediately came to mind. Benn’s actions were really bad. Cost him three games when all is said and done, and he’s probably getting credit for his career and disciplinary avoidance. That was ugly, though it probably pales in comparison to incidents in the past.

Was rooting for Florida, so I'm glad they won. Bob has been playing out of his head. However, I dont agree with that trip call on Carolina in the last minute of the game. IMO, you can't call that with a min left in a tied, elimination game.

As an ice hockey official for 20+ years, here is my take: was he tripped….yes. But if you watch after it, the pass was completed and Florida was well on their way out of the zone. So for me, no harm no foul. If it resulted in a turnover deep in the zone then yes call it. But the puck was leaving the zone and out of harm's way, so I say play on.

There was a ton of dirty stuff that they let go in the series, yes good hard hockey, but def bent the rule book for legal hits. If that's going to stand, then that trip needs to be let go. Esp when in game 3 (I think it was), the Carolina player got high sticked while trying to mount a comeback with about a minute left, and they let that slide.

either way, I didn't think Carolina was winning 4 straight and I'm excited to see the panthers in the finals. They are a fun team to watch.

Love Flyers getting Michkov. Have watched more KHL the past few weeks then i thought i ever had/would, but this kid will look great in Philly. Welcome the crappy next 2-3 years for some light at the end of the tunnel.

:brush:

Users who are viewing this thread