What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

NHL Bracket Challenge

Rd 1 - Went 8 for 8, with 3 length of series correct. (two picked all 8 length of series correct)
Rd 2 - Went 4 for 4.

Have NYR beating EDM for Cup.

NHL Bracket Challenge

Rd 1 - Went 8 for 8, with 3 length of series correct. (two picked all 8 length of series correct)
Rd 2 - Went 4 for 4.

Have NYR beating EDM for Cup.
I guess it's easy to think clearly about the matchups when your team isn't in it.

(I feel it too, the Kings might as well have missed the playoffs with the effort they gave)

Panthers have been shooting the puck out of their zone all night and just making this a somewhat boring but heavy defensive game.
Panthers might have this 2nd goal overturned.

1-0 game about midway thru the 3rd depending on the ruling...
No Goal, still just a 1-0 game

Dallas' arena has the absolute worst positioning for the television cameras. Way too low. Can't see anything along the near-side boards. Borderline unwatchable.

Panthers will take control of the series tonight!!!!

In all actuality we have outplayed them but Igor has been playing outta his mind for NY.

The series has been great and that was expected.

Tonight is now another pivotal game. The winner tonight gets two shots to close it out.

Should be another thriller in the Garden tonight.

Last edited:
Connor McDavid is the most skilled hockey player of all time.

To paraphrase Gretzky - Dallas is missing all their goals because they're not taking 100% of their shots.

Last edited:
People making a pretty big deal out of the shot differential last night, eh? I'd like to see how many of Dallas' shots were quality scoring chances - it sure didn't seem like many.

After scoring twice, Edmonton went into a shell and didn't even look like they were trying to generate offense.

Stankoven really impressed me this series.. That little guy was always involved and generated lots of the Stars offensive chances.
Last nights game was a bit boring after the first. Edmonton definitely went into a bit of a shell. Their defensive play and pk were excellent all series. That was. a surprise.

McDavid was dominant in the 1st and that goal was so all kinds of awesome.

Should be an interesting finals. I think Canada would be glad to not have to hear the "the cup hasn't been North of the border since '93" anymore.

People making a pretty big deal out of the shot differential last night, eh? I'd like to see how many of Dallas' shots were quality scoring chances - it sure didn't seem like many.

After scoring twice, Edmonton went into a shell and didn't even look like they were trying to generate offense.
expected goals for percentage for Dallas was 83% and scoring chances were 29-8 5v5 per natural stat trick…so about as lopsided as it gets for a game like that.

78% and 35-10 in all situations

NHL to get series like "Drive to Survive" "Full Swing" in the Fall:

My fellow NHL fans, don't forget to get your Bingo cards :D
To quote that classic film: "Don't cost nothing" and each Bingo line enters you into a drawing for a $500 NHLShop.com gift code.

NHL Game Zone

Users who are viewing this thread