What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Pac-12 Final Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Made the drive to Seattle tonight and can't wait for the game tomorrow. Should be a great game and I am surprisingly calm and confident.

Go Ducks!

The line in the USC game is so fishy, I was planning on taking USC but now I’m just confused
The over looks absurdly low. I know it’s supposed to be raining but still.

Feels like one of ND’’s TEs will get 150+ yards receiving. That’s where they will hurt USC consistently.

The line in the USC game is so fishy, I was planning on taking USC but now I’m just confused

Feels like one of ND’’s TEs will get 150+ yards receiving. That’s where they will hurt USC consistently.

They will likely run all day on USC as well. Notre Dame’s offense will get healthy against a porous USC D. I’m thinking Notre Dame scores 38. In my opinion, the key to the game is Notre Dame’s defense against USC’s offense. Notre Dame is allowing just 15.9 points per game, while USC is the number one scoring offense at 51.8 points per game. If Notre Dame’s D can slow down USC (just watch that film from last week’s Arizona game), the game is theirs.

The one bright spot on USC’s defense that could come into play is tackles for loss (USC is tied for number one) and sacks (number three or four I think). If USC can keep up that pressure they may have some success against Notre Dame’s somewhat lackluster offense. But like every other team USC has played, I expect Notre Dame to just gash them for a ton of yards.

Of course, none of this takes into account the weather. I’d say the over is low as well but for that. But I think the line sounds right. Notre Dame should be favored.

They will likely run all day on USC as well. Notre Dame’s offense will get healthy against a porous USC D. I’m thinking Notre Dame scores 38. In my opinion, the key to the game is Notre Dame’s defense against USC’s offense. Notre Dame is allowing just 15.9 points per game, while USC is the number one scoring offense at 51.8 points per game. If Notre Dame’s D can slow down USC (just watch that film from last week’s Arizona game), the game is theirs.

The one bright spot on USC’s defense that could come into play is tackles for loss (USC is tied for number one) and sacks (number three or four I think). If USC can keep up that pressure they may have some success against Notre Dame’s somewhat lackluster offense. But like every other team USC has played, I expect Notre Dame to just gash them for a ton of yards.

Of course, none of this takes into account the weather. I’d say the over is low as well but for that. But I think the line sounds right. Notre Dame should be favored.
I live close by, rain has moved out, 50 degrees with 15 MPH winds for the game.

I like USC. The run D for ND was not good last week, can see USC scoring 35+

I live close by, rain has moved out, 50 degrees with 15 MPH winds for the game.

I like USC. The run D for ND was not good last week, can see USC scoring 35+
It’s like most games. I would expect USC to score 40+, but the defense is so soft and undisciplined they can allow just as much.

Made the drive to Seattle tonight and can't wait for the game tomorrow. Should be a great game and I am surprisingly calm and confident.

Go Ducks!
That was a great game to see in person. And the loudest game I’ve attended in a long while.

Close, as predicted.

I think there’s a pretty good chance they play again later this season.

Time to resurrect this thread! The last ever Pac-12 Championship will feature a rematch between rivals Oregon and Washington. No funky tiebreaks needed. The two clear best teams in the conference will be facing off and it should be a great game. Congrats to all the Duck and Huskies fans! You all deserve it. Here’s hoping one of you makes it into the playoffs.

As for my team, they crapped the bed in pretty much the most breathtaking way possible. Not only was their defense worse than last year (a truly astounding feat), their offense sputtered during the back half of the season. Lincoln’s status as an offensive guru now completely in question. Not sure how they move forward as there are so many question marks. This season will not be helping their recruiting at all. They really need to make a splash at DC to have a shot at anyone good on defense and just hope that everyone forgets how Riley wasted Caleb’s final year. Ugh.

Kudos to the Wildcats for having a stellar season. They should have won the game at USC and then would have at least been in the conversation for the championship game.

And after all the hype, it’s looking like Coach Prime’s Colorado team might finish last in the conference. Ouch.

The PAC 12 is getting a lot of mention here in Notre Dame country. Few can get the ND-Stanford game as its on the PAC-12 network.

Time to resurrect this thread! The last ever Pac-12 Championship will feature a rematch between rivals Oregon and Washington. No funky tiebreaks needed. The two clear best teams in the conference will be facing off and it should be a great game. Congrats to all the Duck and Huskies fans! You all deserve it. Here’s hoping one of you makes it into the playoffs.

As for my team, they crapped the bed in pretty much the most breathtaking way possible. Not only was their defense worse than last year (a truly astounding feat), their offense sputtered during the back half of the season. Lincoln’s status as an offensive guru now completely in question. Not sure how they move forward as there are so many question marks. This season will not be helping their recruiting at all. They really need to make a splash at DC to have a shot at anyone good on defense and just hope that everyone forgets how Riley wasted Caleb’s final year. Ugh.

Kudos to the Wildcats for having a stellar season. They should have won the game at USC and then would have at least been in the conversation for the championship game.

And after all the hype, it’s looking like Coach Prime’s Colorado team might finish last in the conference. Ouch.
I bought my plane ticket for Vegas right after the loss at Washington. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, and that is what I feel happened in Seattle. Revenge will be sweet knocking out our rivals and getting to the playoffs. I will plug my nose and root for Washington today for the first time in my life.

I bought my plane ticket for Vegas right after the loss at Washington. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, and that is what I feel happened in Seattle. Revenge will be sweet knocking out our rivals and getting to the playoffs. I will plug my nose and root for Washington today for the first time in my life.
Well, thankfully, the best team won that day.

I can honestly say I’ve never rooted for Oregon. Just (can’t) Do It.

Glad you broke even on your $100 bets, though.

Oregon favored by 7 1/2 over Washington next week. Sounds low to me

Oregon favored by 7 1/2 over Washington next week. Sounds low to me
Of course they’re a big favorite. I get it. They should be.

In all seriousness, clearly Oregon has looked better since they actually lost to Washington. They should be favored. And straight up I’d bet Oregon.

But I’m not ruling out the Dawgs.

I wish I could attend again. What’s with the Pac-12 and the damn Friday night title game? If it was on Saturday I’d be there.

In all seriousness, clearly Oregon has looked better since they actually lost to Washington. They should be favored. And straight up I’d bet Oregon.

But I’m not ruling out the Dawgs.

I wish I could attend again. What’s with the Pac-12 and the damn Friday night title game? If it was on Saturday I’d be there.
Thank Larry Smith for that decision. I don’t mind it as it’s basically a stand-alone game. It should be a great game. It does suck for the fans as it’s two of the farthest teams from Vegas.

Iowa and Louisville will be the national darlings this week - the bubble teams need them to win.

Wow Washington went undefeated in the regular season -- the first in Pac-12 history. Didn't know they were the only team ever to do that.

Wow Washington went undefeated in the regular season -- the first in Pac-12 history. Didn't know they were the only team ever to do that.

2010 Ducks did it....

But that was a way different Pac 12 iteration than the one today. Hats off to UW. Incredible season for sure.

2010 Ducks did it....

But that was a way different Pac 12 iteration than the one today. Hats off to UW. Incredible season for sure.
Looks like they did it while it was still the Pac 10 but point well taken. Can't wait for all of them to join the BIG next year!

2010 Ducks did it....

It was a great season to be a Husky fan. Unfortunately, they are not playing as well at the most important time. Beating UO again is going to be very difficult.

Penix has been off for weeks. I’m concerned he’s playing through an injury that hasn’t been disclosed. Something’s up with him.

Regardless, 12-0 is a fantastic season and I was able to travel to see 3 of their games—-the most in a season since I was a student there in the early 90s.

Go Dawgs.

I
9.5 points?

Correct. Want the Huskies for a box of stuff or something?
I watched every snap of the 1st game, and I concur that the better team did not win. I probably would have bet Oregon, but not laying 9.5

Ehhhh, Oregon peed all over their leg in that one but Washington scored when it mattered. I just feel like Penix is hurt and the Huskies have labored to win close games against teams that Oregon dismantled when they played after the Wash game.

I think they win by 10+ on Friday and I would not be shocked if Penix is removed at some point. Dude is playing in pain.

I
9.5 points?

I watched every snap of the 1st game, and I concur that the better team did not win. I probably would have bet Oregon, but not laying 9.5

Ehhhh, Oregon peed all over their leg in that one but Washington scored when it mattered. I just feel like Penix is hurt and the Huskies have labored to win close games against teams that Oregon dismantled when they played after the Wash game.

I think they win by 10+ on Friday and I would not be shocked if Penix is removed at some point. Dude is playing in pain.

I think he hurt his ribs against the Ducks, and he still hasn't recovered. I hurt my ribs a couple of years ago, and I didn't have a good night's sleep for almost two months. I couldn't breathe deeply without pain. If that's what he's dealing with, I can't even imagine trying to play football like that.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the trip down to Vegas, ordering up a bunch of Track Town Pizzas and having people over at the house here in Eugene to watch. Of course my phone is blowing up from my buddies that are down there. As for the game, I want to see the Ducks run the ball effectively, get an explosive play or two to Tez and Troy, and don't forget about your TEs in short yardage situations. Wouldn't be surprised to see an extra called run or two for Nix, either. On defense, it's all about making Penix uncomforable, so Dorlus and Burch need to be effective. I expect a couple of corner blitzes as well. Big bummer that Jahlil Florence seems unlikely to play (was on crutches at Autzen last weekend), going to need Manning to man that corner spot well. But getting pressure on Penix will help in that area, because UWs receivers are studs.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. Which is a weird place to be for a Duck fan.

I
9.5 points?

I think he hurt his ribs against the Ducks, and he still hasn't recovered. I hurt my ribs a couple of years ago, and I didn't have a good night's sleep for almost two months. I couldn't breathe deeply without pain. If that's what he's dealing with, I can't even imagine trying to play football like that.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the trip down to Vegas, ordering up a bunch of Track Town Pizzas and having people over at the house here in Eugene to watch. Of course my phone is blowing up from my buddies that are down there. As for the game, I want to see the Ducks run the ball effectively, get an explosive play or two to Tez and Troy, and don't forget about your TEs in short yardage situations. Wouldn't be surprised to see an extra called run or two for Nix, either. On defense, it's all about making Penix uncomforable, so Dorlus and Burch need to be effective. I expect a couple of corner blitzes as well. Big bummer that Jahlil Florence seems unlikely to play (was on crutches at Autzen last weekend), going to need Manning to man that corner spot well. But getting pressure on Penix will help in that area, because UWs receivers are studs.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. Which is a weird place to be for a Duck fan.
Good luck!

Wow, I just don't see how you can blame Jonathan Smith.
Well, if you knew what I know, you would. He lied to the entire program......right up until he couldn't lie anymore, which was right before the civil war. So he essentially lost much of the locker room, and half the coaching staff......So HUGE distraction for the last CW, which absolutely showed on the field.

It was the way he did it......and yea, he brought us out of the dumpster after our last drunken coach put us there.....but by bailing when he did, he put his alma mater right back in it........and to go MSU, who is paying a couple mill more a year, with unrealistic expectations.....he'll probly get canned in 3 years when he can't beat Michigan/Ohio St/ etc....

He acted like he couldn't wait to get out of Corvallis.....the former walk on, who nobody wanted, got a shot, and excelled at OSU......also gave him his first HC job ......and he acted like a pig in **** to get the MSU job.......is that a good job? I mean they are in the B1G, but they ain't winning that conference any time soon......he got paid, but they will not have the patience he got in Corvallis.

I don't think Smith's coaching had any impact on the game last week. Oregon was winning that one by 20+ no matter what. I mean....what was the opening line in that contest? 14? It was over in the 2nd Quarter. Vince Lombardi wasn't going to help the Beavers in that one.

I am biased of course, but I have been hyper critical of Oregon over the years, often times bordering on ridiculous cynicism. Not this season. This is the most complete Oregon team I have ever watched since I became a fan 25ish years ago. I genuinely believe they are the 2nd best team in the country behind Georgia. I think they beat Washington by 10+ tonight and I think they will beat Michigan too. Almost scared at how confident I am.

I don't think Smith's coaching had any impact on the game last week. Oregon was winning that one by 20+ no matter what. I mean....what was the opening line in that contest? 14? It was over in the 2nd Quarter. Vince Lombardi wasn't going to help the Beavers in that one.

I am biased of course, but I have been hyper critical of Oregon over the years, often times bordering on ridiculous cynicism. Not this season. This is the most complete Oregon team I have ever watched since I became a fan 25ish years ago. I genuinely believe they are the 2nd best team in the country behind Georgia. I think they beat Washington by 10+ tonight and I think they will beat Michigan too. Almost scared at how confident I am.
Sshhhhh! Not sure what to think anout you being this positive.

I agree though I actually think this is Oregon's best team ever.

2010 Ducks did it....

It was a great season to be a Husky fan. Unfortunately, they are not playing as well at the most important time. Beating UO again is going to be very difficult.

Penix has been off for weeks. I’m concerned he’s playing through an injury that hasn’t been disclosed. Something’s up with him.

Regardless, 12-0 is a fantastic season and I was able to travel to see 3 of their games—-the most in a season since I was a student there in the early 90s.

Go Dawgs.

Congrats Marco. I didn't see your boys winning but that was a helluva win against a super talented team.

Looks like Washington will play Michigan in the Rose Bowl if the top seeds hold serve.

The way it should be having the Pac and BIG meet in the Rose Bowl for a chance to play for it all the following game.

Congrats to Washington they closed out every game in the last 2 months and most were 1 score games. . Only a handful of teams could run the season undefeated playing that way.

Ooooof. Three losses all by three points to that same team. Sucks. DeBoer owns Lanning right now.

Go Michigan. Well after today anyway, I’m about to head over to MKA and watch the Wolverines likely beat up a depleted Duck hoop team. Hope our 9 healthy scholarship players can pull out something today. Was initially bummed to be missing the SEC championship game, now I just don’t care.

Damn it! I get cocky and look what happens? Sigh....

Marco is such a nice guy that I'll swallow hard and root for UW from here so our GB can celebrate. Plus, go Pac12. Rip. :(

Damn it! I get cocky and look what happens? Sigh....

Marco is such a nice guy that I'll swallow hard and root for UW from here so our GB can celebrate. Plus, go Pac12. Rip. :(
Yep, kiss of death. Future is bright for Oregon though. Guess we will just need to switch over to the Big 10 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread