What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Pac-12 Final Season Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm nervous as hell about going to the Palouse. Tough place to win, and the Cougs look pretty tough. Cam Ward is legit. DJU struggled a bit with accuracy against SDSU.......back to pounding the rock!

Also, am I the only one who's sick of coach prime? I mean he's chirpin non stop about how it's all "personal".......it's getting old. That said, I hope they beat the ducks at Autzen.....uncle Phil might keel over!.....Lanning would certainly eat his words!......then beat the University of spoiled children? That would be pretty sweet, imo.....ain't happenin, but I'm glad it's actually a possibility. The buffs have been horrible for years.
I'm for sure sick of him too.

I want the Ducks to shut them up, but I also hate the Ducks more than any sports team on earth, so I really don't know what I want to happen there. Either way, I hope that game is a blowout.

Flying down for the Utah game, you gonna be there?
I'm looking at tix, but I'm also potentially on a fly fishing trip....decisions

Such a shame the div is dissolving after perhaps their most successful collective year ever.
Yep......and it must be nice for all the teams who have a home next season. It's ******** for OSU/WSU. As a Beaver alum who suffered through Gary Andersen to get our guy, and now we have a legit, competitive program!......only for the rug to get pulled out?! It's maddening! So now we join with the MW and one of the blue bloods poaches our coach in a couple years?! If that happens I dunno, my interest in college football probably wanes quite a bit.......I don't give a **** about the big 10 or the sec

I'm nervous as hell about going to the Palouse. Tough place to win, and the Cougs look pretty tough. Cam Ward is legit. DJU struggled a bit with accuracy against SDSU.......back to pounding the rock!

Also, am I the only one who's sick of coach prime? I mean he's chirpin non stop about how it's all "personal".......it's getting old. That said, I hope they beat the ducks at Autzen.....uncle Phil might keel over!.....Lanning would certainly eat his words!......then beat the University of spoiled children? That would be pretty sweet, imo.....ain't happenin, but I'm glad it's actually a possibility. The buffs have been horrible for years.
I'm for sure sick of him too.

I want the Ducks to shut them up, but I also hate the Ducks more than any sports team on earth, so I really don't know what I want to happen there. Either way, I hope that game is a blowout.

Flying down for the Utah game, you gonna be there?
I'm looking at tix, but I'm also potentially on a fly fishing trip....decisions
Go to the game! Might be the last time we ever have 2 top 15 teams playing football in Corvallis.

Such a shame the div is dissolving after perhaps their most successful collective year ever.
Yep......and it must be nice for all the teams who have a home next season. It's ******** for OSU/WSU. As a Beaver alum who suffered through Gary Andersen to get our guy, and now we have a legit, competitive program!......only for the rug to get pulled out?! It's maddening! So now we join with the MW and one of the blue bloods poaches our coach in a couple years?! If that happens I dunno, my interest in college football probably wanes quite a bit.......I don't give a **** about the big 10 or the sec

I do feel bad for WSU/OSU, two good programs that are really getting the shaft in all of this. I mean, ASU gets an escape hatch but not Wazzou or OSU? Totally sucks.

But given your hatred of USC, I do have to ask. When USC was sanctioned in 2010-2011, losing 30 scholarships, suffering a two-year bowl ban, four years probation, recruiting limitations, stripped of wins, all many years after Reggie Bush was gone, when the violations had nothing to do with USC, its coaching staff or its boosters, and all infractions occurred completely without their knowledge, were you celebrating (quietly or loudly) like fans of most every other school in the PAC-12 just because they hate USC, or were you defending USC against a ridiculously unfair and inappropriate punishment? Because the answer to that question (generally, not you specifically) is a big reason why USC largely doesn’t care about the other schools in the conference (at least the PAC-12 commissioner came out in defense of USC). I don’t mean to come off as whining about something that happened well over a decade ago, but just trying to provide some context for USC’s decision to look out for USC.

Last edited:

I do feel bad for WSU/OSU, two good programs that are really getting the shaft in all of this. I mean, ASU gets an escape hatch but not Wazzou or OSU? Totally sucks.

But given your hatred of USC, I do have to ask. When USC was sanctioned in 2010-2011, losing 30 scholarships, suffering a two-year bowl ban, four years probation, recruiting limitations, stripped of wins, all many years after Reggie Bush was gone, when the violations had nothing to do with USC, its coaching staff or its boosters, and all infractions occurred completely without their knowledge, were you celebrating (quietly or loudly) like fans of most every other school in the PAC-12 just because they hate USC, or were you defending USC against a ridiculously unfair and inappropriate punishment? Because the answer to that question (generally, not you specifically) is a big reason why USC largely doesn’t care about the other schools in the conference (at least the PAC-12 commissioner came out in defense of USC). I don’t mean to come off as whining about something that happened well over a decade ago, but just trying to provide some context for USC’s decision to look out for USC.
I honestly don't think that much about USC. They will always come out ok no matter what......now, even more so because it's all about TV market

I honestly don't think that much about USC. They will always come out ok no matter what......now, even more so because it's all about TV market
And you may have to never think of them again, unless OSU and USC manage to make the final Pac-12 Title Game. That would be fun. I’m rooting for OSU to get there.

Last edited:
8 teams in the Top 25
3 of the top Heisman contenders
And conference play is finally here!!!

@General Malaise - do you want to post the lines?

Happy to!

Odds courtesy Bovada....times listed in Pacific, where the weather is mild, the culture laid back and the ladies are smoking

12:30pm OREGON -21 vs Colorado
12:30pm UTAH -4.5 vs Ucla

4pm STANFORD vs Arizona -12.5
4pm WASHINGTON ST vs Oregon St -2.5

7:30pm ARIZONA ST vs Usc -34.5
7:30pm WASHINGTON -21.5 vs Cal

Here are my bets:

Oregon covers
Utah covers
Stanford plus the points
Oregon State covers
USC covers
Washington covers

8 teams in the Top 25

Happy to!

Odds courtesy Bovada....times listed in Pacific, where the weather is mild, the culture laid back and the ladies are smoking

Here are my bets:

Oregon covers
Utah covers
Stanford plus the points
Oregon State covers
USC covers
Washington covers
I hope you're right about OSU. The Palouse is a tough road game, and Wazzu is a good team. DJU's performance last week was not sharp. Beavs should be able to pound the rock. On defense the Beavs have been stingy, but Cam Ward is a baller. This game makes me very nervous, and I think it comes down to the wire. Should be a great game!

8 teams in the Top 25

Happy to!

Here are my bets:

Oregon covers
Utah covers
Stanford plus the points
Oregon State covers
USC covers
Washington covers
Oregon covers
UCLA plus the points
Arizona covers (Stanford is horrid)
Washington State ML
ASU covers
Cal covers and puts scare on UW

Oregon statement win.

Utah defense looks fantastic. UCLA likely drops out of top 25.

Game of the week is going to be amazing. Go Beavs!

Well the USC defense went back to giving up big plays. Doesn’t bode well for the slew of tough games they have coming up. And the offense was not as fluid as it has been and there were a bunch of mental errors. And 20-31 was probably Caleb Williams’ worst completion percentage of the season. That said, he still finished with 5 total TDs and no interceptions.

UW was up 52-12 half way through the 3rd quarter when they pulled the starters. The final score was not indicative of the beat down they put on Cal and they still covered.

Their offense is running on all cylinders right now.

If both UW and Oregon win next week, Game Day will be in Seattle on 10/14. I decided to fly up for that game.

UW was up 52-12 half way through the 3rd quarter when they pulled the starters. The final score was not indicative of the beat down they put on Cal and they still covered.

If both UW and Oregon win next week, Game Day will be in Seattle on 10/14. I decided to fly up for that game.

That will be one for the ages. Can’t wait to watch it!

This game is over. Beavers absolutely cannot stop the Wazzu offense. Congrats Cougars.

Some NFL guy on twitter yesterday was saying Cam Ward is staking his claim to be a high pick along with these other Pac12 qb's. In my head, I was like, "He's good, but he's TINY." Dude is 6'2". Not sure why I thought he was so small (unless they are fudging his listed height 3 inches).

That will be one for the ages. Can’t wait to watch it!
Oregon looked scary good yesterday.

Man, this thread is losing steam, perhaps mirroring the PAC-12’s inevitable fade into oblivion. But despite the lack of interest, the conference continues to impress, with 6 teams still in the Top 25, and three (or possibly five) Heisman contenders.

I was tied up yesterday so did not get to watch a single minute of college ball, though I did watch most of the the USC game this morning in replay. Man, they better figure out the defense issue and quick. Looked really good the first half, and then mostly terrible in the second.

After yesterday, I have to give Oregon the nod as best in the Pac by a beak over UW, WSU and USC.

The UW - Oregon game in two weeks will be the first time in the history of the rivalry that both teams will be ranked in the top 10.

:popcorn:

Oregon looks good, but still hasn't played anybody yet. I'm impressed with the D, especially after watching Colorado carve up USC in the second half yesterday, but still not sure how good we are. Nice to see a pass rush for the first time in a couple of years, 13 sacks in the two P-12 games. Part of that is the secondary is much improved, although if DB Khyree Jackson, who left Stanford with an injury, can't play against UW that'll be huge loss. Penalties were killing them early, that was cleaned up yesterday. Only knock on the offense is Nix has missed 1-2 open deep throws every game, he was hitting those last year.

USC's D is atrocious. They don't tackle well, they don't cover well. So many athletes but I don't know if it's scheme or lack of fundamentals or what, but I can't believe it won't cost them 2-3 games this year, despite having the best player in college football at QB.

Finally got to check out UW last night (first time I've been home all day for a college football Saturday). Penix is obviously ridiculous, and I know they were missing one of their top WRs, but I can't say I was super impressed by that performance against a not very good Arizona squad. But I still expect the game in two weeks to be a battle as UW is by far the best team the Ducks will have faced.

Utah looked awful on Friday night. I mean the Beavs D is pretty good, but Utah was just terrible on offense. Obviously if Rising comes back, and if they get Kuithe back and he's effective at all it'll be a game changer. But you're talking about their two best offensive players trying to come back from torn ACLs, so even if they're on the field how effective will they be? But don't ever count out Whittingham.

OSU will just keep overachieving. WSU is always tough to play. Colorado can obviously put up points, but they have weak line play and no depth (hope Hunter comes back soon). I don't know about UCLA, I haven't had a chance to watch them and the freshman Moore yet. Hell Cal is probably good to pull off one upset somewhere along the line because they're well coached, but they just don't have much talent.

It's going to be a fun second half of the season, that's for sure! It's the deepest league in the country, but I'm afraid we'll end up beating each other up again and everyone will have 2 losses and we'll be left out of the playoff yet again.

This is the most complete Oregon team since their National Championship loss to Auburn. The defense has talen a huge step up helped by several key portal transfers and even a few true freshman edge players contributing. The offense has probably the best running backs in the conference and a very good wide receiver room second only to Washington. Nix has been great and he joins Williams and Penix as legit heisman contender.

Last week after the Colorado beatdown I went ahead and bought tickets to go to the Washington game in Seattle figuring it would be Oregon's toughest game this year as both teams would likely take care of business this past weekend. It will feature in my opinion the best two teams in the conference. Can't wait.

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

They haven't announced a time for the Wash/Oregon game but I really hope it's late afternoon.

Be a man and stick by your preseason rankings!!!

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

They haven't announced a time for the Wash/Oregon game but I really hope it's late afternoon.
Are you going to be there too?

No, my wife's parents are in town so I'm not going anywhere.

Can you get a beer now at a Husky game or is that still an impossibility? That was my big gripe going to a game there.

This is the most complete Oregon team since their National Championship loss to Auburn. The defense has talen a huge step up helped by several key portal transfers and even a few true freshman edge players contributing. The offense has probably the best running backs in the conference and a very good wide receiver room second only to Washington. Nix has been great and he joins Williams and Penix as legit heisman contender.

Last week after the Colorado beatdown I went ahead and bought tickets to go to the Washington game in Seattle figuring it would be Oregon's toughest game this year as both teams would likely take care of business this past weekend. It will feature in my opinion the best two teams in the conference. Can't wait.

The most balanced the Ducks have been in awhile, although like I said I have no idea still how good they really are since the competition has been so weak (sorry Coach Prime). Noah's injury leaves the RB room a little thin, still with two really good backs but a lot of inexperience behind them. Love seeing Matayo and Tuioti contributing as true frosh to the pass rush. I know I'm picking nits with Nix completing 80% of his passes on the year, but he's got to tighten up that deep ball. Especially when he misses them to his brother!

That's awesome you'll be there! I haven't been to a Duck game in Seattle since my freshman year at Oregon in 1990. We ended up at a 45-keg party, crashed in a hotel room with girls from the UO dance team....let's just say I don't remember the game at all (probably for good reason). Should be a hell of an environment on the 14th. As much as I enjoy it when the FUskies suck, the rivalry is just amplified by both teams being good at the same time, which hasn't happened very often.

Wish I was going, but we'll be out of the country visiting in-laws. Luckily they're Duck fans as well, so we'll be watching from Ajijic, MX!

#HuskyHateWeek #TedBundyWasAHusky

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

Are you going to be there too?

No, my wife's parents are in town so I'm not going anywhere.

Can you get a beer now at a Husky game or is that still an impossibility? That was my big gripe going to a game there.
Yes on the beer.

The most balanced the Ducks have been in awhile, although like I said I have no idea still how good they really are since the competition has been so weak (sorry Coach Prime). Noah's injury leaves the RB room a little thin, still with two really good backs but a lot of inexperience behind them. Love seeing Matayo and Tuioti contributing as true frosh to the pass rush. I know I'm picking nits with Nix completing 80% of his passes on the year, but he's got to tighten up that deep ball. Especially when he misses them to his brother!

That's awesome you'll be there! I haven't been to a Duck game in Seattle since my freshman year at Oregon in 1990. We ended up at a 45-keg party, crashed in a hotel room with girls from the UO dance team....let's just say I don't remember the game at all (probably for good reason). Should be a hell of an environment on the 14th. As much as I enjoy it when the FUskies suck, the rivalry is just amplified by both teams being good at the same time, which hasn't happened very often.

Wish I was going, but we'll be out of the country visiting in-laws. Luckily they're Duck fans as well, so we'll be watching from Ajijic, MX!

#HuskyHateWeek #TedBundyWasAHusky
Well we know we have faced 2 of the top 10 passing offenses in the country statistically and shut them both down so that matches us up against the strentgh of Washington and USC well. Our defense in my opinion is what could make this a special season in a really good conference.

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

12:30pt. Farts.

Kids soccer or Ducks/Dawgs.....damn it. This is what Sophie must have felt like.

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

Kids soccer or Ducks/Dawgs.....damn it. This is what Sophie must have felt like.
Record the game and turn off your phone to not risk getting updates and enjoy your kids soccer!

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

Easy call.

Record the game. Kid’s soccer game with phone off. Stay away from others on the sideline.

Go home. Watch recorded game. Probably caught up to live game early in the 3rd quarter.

Go Dawgs!

1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Washington State
5. Oregon State
6. Utah
7. UCLA
8. Colorado
9. CAL
10. Arizona
11. Arizona State
12. Stanford

Easy call.

Record the game. Kid’s soccer game with phone off. Stay away from others on the sideline.

Go home. Watch recorded game. Probably caught up to live game early in the 3rd quarter.

Go Dawgs!
Agree with everything you wrote except for your last line. 😀

So - not relevant to the Pac12 final season but noting that the BigTen released some information about its football schedule formats for 2024-2028 today.
Also some information about protected opponents and such. No doubt there will be lots to discuss here when the time is right.

USC is a fraud. No matter whst happens in overtime.

They will be destroyed in Eugene. At a minimum.
You never know with Caleb but how many times can he bail out the defense?

Grinch has to be fired don't you think?

Should have been fired after last season. They have talent on D. Those in the know say this is almost entirely a problem with scheme and coaching. The fact the Caleb came out last night and credited the defense with the win says it all to me. Everyone understands that Grinch is on very thin ice.

I think Washington has a decent chance of beating them in the Coliseum as well.

Of course SC will be more fired up for that game and will certainly play better than they did at home last night vs Arizona.

Yeah in the other college thread I predicted three losses. They will drop three of four against Oregon, Washington, Utah and Notre Dame.

For a guy who roots for both Oregon schools, next Saturday from 12:30-8:30 pst is going to be as tense as it gets. Glorious, maddening intensity.

I think Washington has a decent chance of beating them in the Coliseum as well.

Of course SC will be more fired up for that game and will certainly play better than they did at home last night vs Arizona.

Yeah in the other college thread I predicted three losses. They will drop three of four against Oregon, Washington, Utah and Notre Dame.
I think they will lose @ Oregon and beat Utah.

The other two are more iffy.

Big big big BIG weekend for the Pac12. A little appetizer tonight - PRIME TIME hosting Stanford and now the whole country gets to watch the Sanders' boys at 7pm. There's a chance Travis Hunter plays in this one. Cardinal won't offer much resistance though they did try and slow the Ducks down when they played and were successful controlling the clock for about a quarter and a half.

12:30 one of the most anticipated Border War of all time. #7 Washington hosting #8 Oregon. Never in 115 years of playing the Cascade Clash have both teams been ranked in the top 10. Two Heisman candidates slinging the rock. Two young, outstanding coaches who have risen up the ranks in a hurry to the elite level. I think this one is close and I don't think Oregon makes the same blunders that they did in last year's contest. However, the home field advantage belongs to the Purple and that place will be rocking.

5:00 is another pivotal game for the Pac12 as the #18 Bruins come into Corvallis to face the #15 Beavers. Surprisingly, UCLA under offensive guru Chip Kelley comes in with one of the best defenses in the country, leading all of college football with a 3.74 Yards per Play against average. They'll attempt to slow down the Beavers' run game and force DJU to beat them with his arm. Will the DJU who shredded Cal show up in front of a rabid home crowd? I sure hope so. I'd love to see Oregon State win this one at home and though I haven't made a single wager on college football this year, the UNDER 54.5 looks mighty mighty tasty.

4:30 sees USC go outside the Pac12 to face Notre Dame. I'm not sure what to expect in this one, though I hope for the Pac12 that USC punches the Irish right in the nose in front of TD Jesus. Irish are favored by 2.5 but I wonder if they are going to be able to keep up with Caleb. Their offense isn't exactly the lighting the world on fire, but USC's defense has been an elixir for many moribund offenses.

Utah hosts Cal at noon, they're favored by 10.5. I don't think Cam Rising is coming back, so the Utes offense won't be anything worth watching. That said, I was really impressed with Cal's freshman QB Fernando Mendoza. He's 6'5" and 220 and throws one of the most beautiful spirals I've ever seen. If I could build a QB in a lab, this is what it would look like. However, he hasn't seen anything like this Utah defense in his life. Cal's run game will need to help him out, but that's where Utah's D excels.

Cougars host Arizona at 4, they're favored by 7.5 and I think Cam Ward will find the sledding a lot easier this week than he did against UCLA. Should be an easy win, but Arizona has been spunky. Just ask USC.....

Just boarded my flight from SLC to Seattle for the game. I’ve already counted 14 wearing UW gear and zero wearing 0. Surprising me a bit.

Huge game tomorrow. I expect a close one. I’m a bit nervous about it. Ducks have looked pretty great so far.

Go Dawgs.

The line in the USC game is so fishy, I was planning on taking USC but now I’m just confused

Users who are viewing this thread