What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Prison Break thread (2 Viewers)

IMO, this was probably the best episode of the entire season. The shining moment was the misdirection that the writers fed us with the encoded message - with the cops erroniously focusing on Denver and overloking Sara. Very well done. Additional pros and cons:

Pros:

* Kellermen's character is sowly becoming more bearable now that hes teamed up with Michael/Link.

* I liked how they wrote Sara back into the show. The AA references were very clever - as was the tie-in to Billick, which looks like it will rescue his character from more hackneyed prison scenes.

* The tension between Mahone and his colleagues is somewhat interesting. Theres obviously more to this story - its nice that they didnt try and fit the entire subplot into one episode (for a change). They need to continue to let these stories develop over time.

*The Soucre story in Mexico is a nice change of pace and was tastefully done.

Cons:

* Not too many overt negatives this week, although the escape from the police at the hotel in Montana was typically annoying. Michael and Link outsmart the Feds/Cops more than the A-Team. Its a joke. I really wouldnt mind if the characters just laid low for several weeks and began formulating a plan without a car chase in every damn episode.

* Is there a more one-dimensional character than Agent Kim? We know hes a badass, but does he have to be so annoying in every scene?

Anyway, the show made a nice comeback this week. I was about to give up on this show but this episode gives me hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, this was probably the best episode of the entire season. The shining moment was the misdirection that the writers fed us with the encoded message - with the cops erroniously focusing on Denver and overloking Sara. Very well done. Additional pros and cons:Pros: * Kellermen's character is sowly becoming more bearable now that hes teamed up with Michael/Link. * I liked how they wrote Sara back into the show. The AA references were very clever - as was the tie-in to Billick, which looks like it will rescue his character from more hackneyed prison scenes.* The tension between Mahone and his colleagues is somewhat interesting. Theres obviously more to this story - its nice that they didnt try and fit the entire subplot into one episode (for a change). They need to continue to let these stories develop over time.*The Soucre story in Mexico is a nice change of pace and was tastefully done. Cons:* Not too many overt negatives this week, although the escape from the police at the hotel in Montana was typically annoying. Michael and Link outsmart the Feds/Cops more than the A-Team. Its a joke. I really wouldnt mind if the characters just laid low for several weeks and began formulating a plan without a car chase in every damn episode. * Is there a more one-dimensional character than Agent Kim? We know hes a badass, but does he have to be so annoying in every scene? Anyway, the show made a nice comeback this week. I was about to give up on this show but this episode gives me hope.
:banned: The second half of this season has started out much better IMHO than the Fall part of the season. I was really starting to get disappointed in the ridiculous timing and the constant attempts to shock and awe us with close calls. I liked the first season because while it had its own 24-like belief suspension, it was very character oriented and better developed. It had more suspense that way than car chases and just getting away from the FBI every single show.Unfortunately, I think Kellerman may be dumb enough to think that he can work his way back into the good graces of the President and there will be a shoot out with him and the brothers. The only thing that still bothers me is the pill-popping FBI guy and his seemingly unbelievable ability to somehow figure out exactly where they are with the smallest of clues.Also, does it seem like a stretch to anyone else that Billick was a reference (did he say reference) for Sara? Didn't he try and pick her up in season 1 or early season 2 at an AA meeting and she rebuffed him? Also, wouldn't Sara have met him at the jail, so why would she have listed him as a reference?

The only thing that still bothers me is the pill-popping FBI guy and his seemingly unbelievable ability to somehow figure out exactly where they are with the smallest of clues.
Yeah major show flaw, without fail.

Billick and Sara met in AA. He told her the prison had an opening for a doctor, which is the reason she applied there.

Are we suppose to know the identity of the guy above agent Kim? Kind of weird he just writes and doesn't talk.

IMO, this was probably the best episode of the entire season. The shining moment was the misdirection that the writers fed us with the encoded message - with the cops erroniously focusing on Denver and overloking Sara. Very well done. Additional pros and cons:Pros: * Kellermen's character is sowly becoming more bearable now that hes teamed up with Michael/Link. * I liked how they wrote Sara back into the show. The AA references were very clever - as was the tie-in to Billick, which looks like it will rescue his character from more hackneyed prison scenes.* The tension between Mahone and his colleagues is somewhat interesting. Theres obviously more to this story - its nice that they didnt try and fit the entire subplot into one episode (for a change). They need to continue to let these stories develop over time.*The Soucre story in Mexico is a nice change of pace and was tastefully done. Cons:* Not too many overt negatives this week, although the escape from the police at the hotel in Montana was typically annoying. Michael and Link outsmart the Feds/Cops more than the A-Team. Its a joke. I really wouldnt mind if the characters just laid low for several weeks and began formulating a plan without a car chase in every damn episode. * Is there a more one-dimensional character than Agent Kim? We know hes a badass, but does he have to be so annoying in every scene? Anyway, the show made a nice comeback this week. I was about to give up on this show but this episode gives me hope.
:yes: The second half of this season has started out much better IMHO than the Fall part of the season. I was really starting to get disappointed in the ridiculous timing and the constant attempts to shock and awe us with close calls. I liked the first season because while it had its own 24-like belief suspension, it was very character oriented and better developed. It had more suspense that way than car chases and just getting away from the FBI every single show.Unfortunately, I think Kellerman may be dumb enough to think that he can work his way back into the good graces of the President and there will be a shoot out with him and the brothers. The only thing that still bothers me is the pill-popping FBI guy and his seemingly unbelievable ability to somehow figure out exactly where they are with the smallest of clues.Also, does it seem like a stretch to anyone else that Billick was a reference (did he say reference) for Sara? Didn't he try and pick her up in season 1 or early season 2 at an AA meeting and she rebuffed him? Also, wouldn't Sara have met him at the jail, so why would she have listed him as a reference?
To the writers credit, Sara didnt appear at the hospital in Akron immediately after hearing the coded message. First of all, she didnt have enough time to get there. Second, she couldnt be 100% positive that the hospital was the correct location. The show needs to keep on displaying this kind of patience when writing each episode. Also, I agree that they need to focus more on characters and less on plot. Even Michael's character has been somewhat buried underneath the cacophony of the manhunt for the early part of the season. Hopefully, this episode is the begining of a rebound for the show.

Are we suppose to know the identity of the guy above agent Kim? Kind of weird he just writes and doesn't talk.
Was thinking the same thing last night. I'm sure we'll find out soon.I had feelings that the show was going to crumble after the prison, but I've been pleasently suprised with season 2. Great lead in to 24, and it actually might be better at this point.

The only thing that still bothers me is the pill-popping FBI guy and his seemingly unbelievable ability to somehow figure out exactly where they are with the smallest of clues.
Yeah major show flaw, without fail.
Well, they clearly need a nemesis for Michael that is on the same level intelligence-wise. A counter to Michael's genius, so to speak. So I like that Mahone is able to keep up with Michael, but agree it does seem too easy sometimes. It does make the payoff greater when Michael bests him, though.

Who is that huge inmate that's messing with Billick? That guy is crazy big, but I don't recognize him from anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying the show but wondering just how much longer they can stretch this out..

Really too bad as they have built a pretty good character base.

But this, on the run from the corrupt president and secret group, will wear thin by the end of this season.

Interesting episode last night but I'm suprised it took Kellermen that long to figure out The Prez was a fake on the phone.

Interesting episode last night but I'm suprised it took Kellermen that long to figure out The Prez was a fake on the phone.
Naw.. He wants back in Big time. He is a sucker for Power.. If he ran into her some where and she said those same things he'd jump at it in a second.

Hypothetically speaking...what if you can't watch it if you live outside the United States, I'm in Canada for example, and say one were to accidentally record over last night's episode of Prison Break that, say, one's wife might have recorded...Did I mention that said wife is 6 months pregnant and crying because I did this and she is home on sick leave and wanted to watch this just now?

GDB {pregnancy} horomones...

Hypothetically speaking of course... :yes: :) :bag:

* I am glad Kellerman figured out the president imposter.

* Sara is smokin :yes:

* Crazy guy sailing to Holland had to go

Looking forward to what is in the cigar box, has to be a key piece of evidence to keep the story going.

Did I miss something? Did the audience know it was a fake Prez? I'll be honest, I was shocked to see that. :)
I think we were suspicious (especially since they never showed her in the scenes) and when the train was setup with a roadblock it became much more clear, but from Kellerman's perspective I don't think he had any real clues that it was not her.

Did I miss something? Did the audience know it was a fake Prez? I'll be honest, I was shocked to see that. :shrug:
:) You might want to watch the DVDs/recordings in play mode, i.e., the single arrow >, instead of the multiple arrows >> or x4. ;) Yes, the audience knew it was a fake Prez when he did. Not sure how anyone could have figured out it was a fake ahead of time. The absolutely 100% used the actress who plays the President's voice. Kellerman figured it out once they escaped and he knew that the Prez ratted him out. He realized then that it wasn't even her.Good to see that the mentally deranged guy went, although in a quite disturbing fashion. I really like how the story lines are going now that a) Kellerman won't switch sides, b) Bellick seems to realize that FBI guy crossed the line (he seemed disturbed with the guy falling) and c) even the FBI guy is realizing how bad he is becoming.Now, Kellerman may still switch, but I like it more now instead of thinking that there could be a double cross at any minute. That would have gotten old and it would have been dumb as you know he would never "get back in."

Hypothetically speaking...what if you can't watch it if you live outside the United States, I'm in Canada for example, and say one were to accidentally record over last night's episode of Prison Break that, say, one's wife might have recorded...Did I mention that said wife is 6 months pregnant and crying because I did this and she is home on sick leave and wanted to watch this just now?

GDB {pregnancy} horomones...

Hypothetically speaking of course... :) :shrug: ;)
C'mon people...let's get on this...

What the ????

How did the Chinese Governement bad guy hop into a plane, and then get there right as the former prison warden was leaving ? Did it take Michael 8 hours to convince him to go the cigar club ?

Did I hear this last night that there were only 4 episodes left. It seems right seeing there's only 4 guys left alive. The previews for next week look really good.

Did I hear this last night that there were only 4 episodes left. It seems right seeing there's only 4 guys left alive. The previews for next week look really good.
4 episodes left.....this year.Guessing President gets killed, therefore the trump card of the audio is unable to be used and the setup for next season begins. :lmao:

4 episodes left.....this year.Guessing President gets killed, therefore the trump card of the audio is unable to be used and the setup for next season begins. :lmao:
Lovin' this show.Do we all agree that there will be a Season 3? Has there been an official announcement from Fox or whatever?Seems like all the escapees besides Linc and Michael are going down, only a few more to go. They could potentially wrap it up and call it a solid two year run, although they do have some avenues they could explore besides the former inmates (more with Linc's son, Bellick/Mahone/Kim, Kellerman, Sara, Pad Man, etc). The Bellick/Mahone/Kim angle could be wrapped up this season though.

Well.. with that announcement from the prez I'm officially Shuked on where they go from here.

Without her as president, her brother being killed and the power the Group had over her is :bye:

Since the brothers have no evidence on who truly was behind the killings and they have no Trump card to get a pardon I don't see why the Group would continue to chase them.

I guess they could talk the prez into to staying and she announces that she had an AMAZING recovery from inoperable Cancer, at which time this show may "jump the Shark"..

I hope not, between this, 24 & Heroes I've been set..

:popcorn: to see how the writers get out of this mess.

Well.. with that announcement from the prez I'm officially Shuked on where they go from here.

Without her as president, her brother being killed and the power the Group had over her is :X

Since the brothers have no evidence on who truly was behind the killings and they have no Trump card to get a pardon I don't see why the Group would continue to chase them.

I guess they could talk the prez into to staying and she announces that she had an AMAZING recovery from inoperable Cancer, at which time this show may "jump the Shark"..

I hope not, between this, 24 & Heroes I've been set..

:thumbup: to see how the writers get out of this mess.
Yes, very interesting so far.I agree that there's less desire for the Group to continue to chase them, but they're not going to just stop looking for them. The plan to kill them on sight, though, should be over.

Another great episode. Im convinced that they switched writers about half way through season two because the difference in quality over the last 6-7 weeks is astounding. Its 100% better.

* The writers were smart to drop the whole "Mahone must kill the convicts" conspiracy. Aside from the fact that theres was no real reason to kill them (that we are aware of), it became kind of silly.

* C-Note gets a fresh start. Good for him.

* Agent Mahone is an excellent character. Its interesting that hes so likable considering hes out to ctach the shows two protagonists. Thats why they keep Agent Kim around - to make Mahone seem like more of a likable guy.

* Lots of drama still to unfold. What is SONA? What about Sara? T-BAG? Should be a smashing finale next week.

Another great episode. Im convinced that they switched writers about half way through season two because the difference in quality over the last 6-7 weeks is astounding. Its 100% better.

* The writers were smart to drop the whole "Mahone must kill the convicts" conspiracy. Aside from the fact that theres was no real reason to kill them (that we are aware of), it became kind of silly.

* Agent Mahone is an excellent character. Its interesting that hes so likable considering hes out to ctach the shows two protagonists. Thats why they keep Agent Kim around - to make Mahone seem like more of a likable guy.

* Lots of drama still to unfold. What is SONA? What about Sara? T-BAG? Should be a smashing finale next week.
Thought there were two weeks left?I've enjoyed the two season but :wall: how much further they can take it.

The premise that the brothers must die is gone right now since the Prez stepped down and therefore it is the Brothers words vs. The Company.

Guessing before the finale ends they get evidence from someone that will carry them to next season.

Thought there were two weeks left?I've enjoyed the two season but :coffee: how much further they can take it.

The premise that the brothers must die is gone right now since the Prez stepped down and therefore it is the Brothers words vs. The Company.

Guessing before the finale ends they get evidence from someone that will carry them to next season.
2 more weeks left, April 2nd is the finale. It looks like there will be a season 3, but from what I read, almost all of the President/Company stuff will be resolved in the next two weeks. Who know what season 3 will entail, butI would assume a lot of it will center around getting Sarah out of prison. I am making a little assumption that her brush with the law won't be over yet.I am warming up to the Mahone character, even though I hate to agree with Chase. I do think that the second half shows of season 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fall episodes of season 2. I just think they had to stretch the story to a whole 20+ episodes, and so we got a lot of meh episodes in the Fall.

:goodposting: It was looking kind of dire there for a little while, but they've rebounded nicely. It's as if they have entered into the top tier of shows all of a sudden, something which I couldn't say before.

Users who are viewing this thread