What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Prison Break thread (1 Viewer)

Decent show last night.

LOVED that Micheal took out T'Bag's other Arm :eek: ;) Good luck grabbing your pretty's in the next prison hole you get stuck in :boxing:

Very surprised they saved Sarah from prison.. Was leaning towards what others said in that next season would be the Brothers breaking her out of prison.

Will be interesting to see next week how they set up Season 3 :rant:

Season 3 setup: Mahone kills Jet Li just before Linc is shot. They sail together back to the States and rescue his family and pick up Sara. Sara writes Mahone a prescription for tranqs.

Since they escaped from prison, this show reminds me of the season of 24 when Jack-attack's daughter ( :rolleyes: ) got herself into continued and increasingly more ridiculous situations: chased by a mtn lion and Kevin Dillon... don't know which is goofier.

This show jumped the shark for me a LONG time ago.

Since they escaped from prison, this show reminds me of the season of 24 when Jack-attack's daughter ( :pickle: ) got herself into continued and increasingly more ridiculous situations: chased by a mtn lion and Kevin Dillon... don't know which is goofier.This show jumped the shark for me a LONG time ago.
:lmao:You are missing out.. The beginning of this season was little :hey: but the last month or so has been very good :rolleyes:

Since they escaped from prison, this show reminds me of the season of 24 when Jack-attack's daughter ( :wub: ) got herself into continued and increasingly more ridiculous situations: chased by a mtn lion and Kevin Dillon... don't know which is goofier.This show jumped the shark for me a LONG time ago.
:shrug:You are missing out.. The beginning of this season was little :yawn: but the last month or so has been very good :lmao:
Don't get me wrong... still watching because the wife wants to.But the endless cycling of which prisoner is in peril and being "held" by which bad-guy got old with that season of 24.

I was getting really mad with the whole Kellerman = Markinson suicide thing.

I agree with NFZ that Mahone shoots Mr Kim on the boat. I am guessing Kim doesn't know Mahone is there and Mahone kills him. Here's hoping...

OK.. so Bald guy is some General in a Research Facility and Scofield Escaping is

Exactly what we want him to do
:shrug: Nice setup for Season 3.. Scofield, Guard(Sorry forgot his name) and Malone all locked up in a Prison "South of border" together. :lmao:

There were quite a few scenes bordering on absurd, but I guess it was necessary as a season finale to setup next season.

totally bizarre ending. i mean, what, scofield and burrows are going to alternate getting locked up every couple of seasons so one can break the other out? no thanks.

bigbottom said:
OK.. so Bald guy is some General in a Research Facility and Scofield Escaping is

:thumbdown: Nice setup for Season 3.. Scofield, Guard(Sorry forgot his name) and Malone all locked up in a Prison "South of border" together. :wub:
And Teabag.
Teabags in a different Jail.. He at least has guards around his cell. The prison the rest ended up at is one f'd up place. :clyde: :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
totally bizarre ending. i mean, what, scofield and burrows are going to alternate getting locked up every couple of seasons so one can break the other out? no thanks.
:shrug:I like the twist on the General being part of some research facilty and expecting Scofield to escape becasue thats what they want him to do. Starts to make you question the true meaning behind his brothers setup. Was it to get the Lady in as Pez, or was it to research something they have done to Scofield??Kind of a "Dark Angel" twist without the eye candy.. Hey maybe Jessica will show up next season :clyde: :wub: .. Naw... Doubt it :thumbdown:

bigbottom said:

:shrug: Nice setup for Season 3.. Scofield, Guard(Sorry forgot his name) and Malone all locked up in a Prison "South of border" together. :bag:
And Teabag.
Teabags in a different Jail.. He at least has guards around his cell. The prison the rest ended up at is one f'd up place. :ph34r: :scared:
I got the sense that Teabag was in a holding cell/jail. I fully expect him to join the others for next season.

Interesting finale, still don't know if I liked it or not yet. Bellick at the end there though :shrug: .

So she shoots agent Kim, the cops come and they run right to them. No you get on the boat and book it out of there.

bigbottom said:

:confused: Nice setup for Season 3.. Scofield, Guard(Sorry forgot his name) and Malone all locked up in a Prison "South of border" together. :popcorn:
And Teabag.
Teabags in a different Jail.. He at least has guards around his cell. The prison the rest ended up at is one f'd up place. :ph34r: :scared:
I got the sense that Teabag was in a holding cell/jail. I fully expect him to join the others for next season.
:yes:

So, SONA was the prison they locked Scofield up in.

WTF is up with SONA that would make it important?

So, SONA was the prison they locked Scofield up in.WTF is up with SONA that would make it important?
So important that the President is scared to say it out loud. The only logical theory I have is that Jack Bauer is going to be recaptured by the Chinese and they want to see if Scofield is good enough to get him out.

I was thinking they wanted Scofield in there so he'd break out someone else they want out of there.

Great season finale. I give a lot of credit to the writers, because half way through season two this show was an utter disaster. Theyve done a laudable job erasing all the cheesy subplots from the first season. By this I mean:

1) Theyve closed the book on the ridiculous President Reynolds/Terrance Stedman/Lincoln Burrows story, which made absolutely no sense. Now Burrows is exonerated, Stedman is dead and President Reynolds has resigned, so they can concentrate on more interesting, believable storylines.

2) They shelved the "We have to kill the Fox River 7" conspiracy, which served no purpose whatsoever. Why did Agent Kim want them dead? I wouldnt be surprised if they never tell us, because, frankly I dont think the writers themselves knew the answer. Good move to change directions here.

3) They generally killed/wrote off all the clique characters who didnt add anything compelling to the plot (Burrows ex-girlfirend, LJ, Abrucci, Kellerman, Agent Kim, etc). Moreover, all the remaining major characters are rock-solid- Scoefield, Burrows, Sara, Sucre, T-Bag, Billick and Mahone. Its rare that you see a TV show right its wrongs so comprehensively in half a season.

Looking forward to next season, theyve sent Michael back to Prison in Panama, which is a stroke of genius by the writers for two reasons:

1) It gets back to the shows initial premise - prison life - only in an even more frightening setting.

2) Mahone and Scoefield are going to become partners in crime and try to escape from jail. This should be excellent, as they are the two smartest characters on the entire show. Theres also more than a fair share of animosity between the two characters which will keep the dialogue fresh.

Additionally, the SONA subplot looks like its going to give the show a more believable X-Files/Lost-esque conspiracy to drive the shows mythology. When you throw in the Sucre, T-Bag and Billick sublplots, you have enough major stories to keep us busy and plenty of characters to kill off if any of their stories dry up.

In colclusion, I dont believe Prison Break is a great TV show yet, but theyve done a tremendous job setting the stage for an intriguing third season - something that seemed impossible to imagine six months ago.

Just finished Season 2. I am done with this show...what a friggin joke...it got WAY too ridiculous. Season 1 was cool in its cleverness, Season 2 is basically a 24 retread

Just finished Season 2. I am done with this show...what a friggin joke...it got WAY too ridiculous. Season 1 was cool in its cleverness, Season 2 is basically a 24 retread
So you are not the least bit intrigued by the ending where it looks like he is part of some sort of experiment that he is unaware of?? Yes, the middle of the season was not very good, but the last few weeks picked up steam and left you questioning exactly what is going on.. :rant:

So you are not the least bit intrigued by the ending where it looks like he is part of some sort of experiment that he is unaware of?? Yes, the middle of the season was not very good, but the last few weeks picked up steam and left you questioning exactly what is going on.. :hophead:
Experiment? I watch this show pretty regularly and saw the finale but don't remember anything like that........

So you are not the least bit intrigued by the ending where it looks like he is part of some sort of experiment that he is unaware of?? Yes, the middle of the season was not very good, but the last few weeks picked up steam and left you questioning exactly what is going on.. :goodposting:
Experiment? I watch this show pretty regularly and saw the finale but don't remember anything like that........
As I posted above.. the last episode and the last thing that happened:
I like the twist on the General being part of some research facilty and expecting Scofield to escape becasue thats what they want him to do.Starts to make you question the true meaning behind his brothers setup.Was it to get the Lady in as Pez, or was it to research something they have done to Scofield??

bump, gotta love the jump the sharkness of bringing Sarah back from the dead.
Yeah. I think after the opening episode of this season, the show's gone from interesting to mindless entertainment.
I thought it was real good, especially the first 20 or so minutes. :goodposting: I never thought Sarah was dead, so I'm not sure I consider that jts. The only thing I didn't like is Gretchen being alive still in the previews for next week.

Sarah's alive :shrug:

Gretchen's alive :shrug:

All the professional bodyguards leave their posts for an alarm across the street :shrug:

T-Bag gets blindsided by coyotes :confused:

Oh, come on! I could see Bellick getting waylaid so easily, but T-Bag?!? There's your JTS moment.

:thumbup:

Prison AKA Oceans 7 is getting real good.

Guys watch this season, its pure entertainment.

Each week they must break into a building and they do it in a cool movie esque manner

Prison AKA Oceans 7 is getting real good.Guys watch this season, its pure entertainment.Each week they must break into a building and they do it in a cool movie esque manner
I saw that three times with the Ocean's movies. Was tired of it after the first.Season 3 of PB was BAD. Once S4 brought Sara back to life it was all over for me. Not coming back.

Not getting any more realistic, but still finding this show entertaining.
Whoever mentioned the Ocean's 11 thing made me look at this show in an entirely new light. I watch each episode like it's the last and enjoy it. Don't lose any sleep if I miss and don't record it but I watch.

I liked this episode. I was afraid they were going to wuss out and let the assassin get away. Of course, he could always have made a Houdini escape, but hopefully not.

Users who are viewing this thread