What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

I’ve never been nostalgic for all of those awful jobber squash matches on weekly tv during the territory days. 
It was more about .....

World Class....The Von Erichs, The Freebirds

UWF...Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, One Man Gang

CWA....Jerry "King" Lawler. Jackie Fargo

AWA...Nick Bockwinkle, Rick Martel

WWF...Hulk Hogan, Randy "Macho Man" Savage

WCW...."Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Dusty Rhodes

We had a lot of options, a lot going on and all those places had 20 wrestlers and more working.

So the event makes it "big" and not the opponent/match?  WM is a "big" event, no doubt.  But I would argue that Lesnar was Finn's "big" match.

I get what you're saying, but it feels like a waste to use it on Lashley.  We've seen this matchup too many times to count over the last few months.  His match against Lesnar was a big moment, regardless of venue/event name.  Brock wrestles once every 5-6 weeks (if that).  Lashley is out there every week giving us the same crap.  We get to see Finn vs Brock once a year (if that).  But we're tortured every week with some sort of Finn vs Lashley matchup.  The match has lost it's luster and I'll be surprised if it goes on very long.  A quick match as the Demon over Lashley seems like a waste of a good gimmick.  
It is a huge waste to use it on Lashely should've been done with Lesnar but I think the Demon is undefeated on the main roster. 

Roman might turn on Seth but not as heel? He was talking about the tag match at the end

"hearing two things for this Sunday, one as far as faction being created and another is that Roman might be turning on Seth but no heel turn. The match for the Raw titles has been leaked so we all know that the streak is ending at mania. TBH, the least they can do for those two guys is to give them a Wrestlemania moment. Been on the back wheel for sooooo long and ignored it’s the only thing to make it right and worth it"

I wish I were more excited about Wrestlemania this year, but nothing has me interested at all.  My Network sub expired last month and I don't know if I'll even bother for WM.
Me too to run down the Card

WrestleMania 35 Host: Alexa Bliss Cool 

WrestleMania 35 Special Guest Correspondents: SNL's Michael Che and Colin Jost (Could careless about these SJW's cu**s. They aren't even that funny)

WrestleMania 35 Featured Musical Act: Elias (Honestly only interested in seeing who interrupts him. Hope it's mostly legends be cool if Honky Tonk Man interrupts him)

WWE Universal Title Match
Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar (c) 
( I Hope Seth wins but if Roman interferes could see Brock Winning. Only care about this for Seth to take the title off this clown)

WWE Title Match
Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan (c) 
(I like Bryan as Champion impartial to Kofi. Hope he wins as he deserves it but my interest here is mutual liking both guys)

Winner Takes All Triple Threat for the RAW Women's Title and the SmackDown Women's Title
Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey (c) vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair (c) 
(I swear to god if my Girl Becky doesn't win Vince will have hell to pay and maybe damage for the Riot it'd cause if she doesn't and Flair wins. Probably most interested In this)

WWE United States Title Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe (c)  (
Should be interesting if Rey can't go who replaces him. He does have a broken ankle don't think WWE is releasing that yet as they probably don't have a replacement yet.)

WWE Intercontinental Match
Finn Balor as The Demon King vs. Bobby Lashley (c) 
(Just end this feud already!!! Finn deserves so much better. Have him win and then start feud with someone new put Lashley on th Mid card)

RAW Tag Team Titles Match
Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival (c) 
(I might be one f the few who was really happy to The Edge heads reunite. I wouldn't mind seeing them win here and end Curt's loosing streak once and for all) 

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles
The IIconics vs. WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks and Bayley (c). 
(The only thing I care about is the health and safety of the other 3 teams from Samoan Both house. Would kind of be cool to See Iconics win. Just hope Nia and Tamina don't kill anyone)

Fatal 4 Way for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles
Ricochet and Aleister Black vs. Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Usos (c) 
(I think The Usos are so underrated its not funny. Kind of hope Riccochet and Black win and do double Champs of Tag Titles but ok with USOS retaining. Nakamura deserves better and so does Rusev then just tagging together)

No Holds Barred Match
Triple H vs. Batista
Triple H's career will be on the line. 
(Ehh not really interested in this as much as I had thought. It's cool finally seeing heel Batista. I think Hunter wins as they need him when they go over seas and Blood Money tours)

Falls Count Anywhere Match
The Miz vs. Shane McMahon 
(Kind of interested in this as Shane always goes balls out. I hope Miz goes over and Ive been becoming a bigger fan of The Miz over the years)

Farewell Match for WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin 
(Piss break and who cares. Kurt can barely pick someone up for an Angle slam. You couldn't have him face AJ here or Chad Gable or put one of the younger guys over rather then putting him with Boring Corbin? Really hope they sell the Ankle Lock and Corbin is injured and gets replaced by Cena here)

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton (I'm always interesting in an AJ match. He could wrestle a broom stick or a stuffed bear and I'd watch. This is interesting as it pits the career Indy success vs the silver spoon fed WWE bred star.) 

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre (I really started becoming a McIntyre fan after he left WWE especially when he was with Impact. Came back and loved every minute of him. I think Vince can't have his poster boy Roman Losing but I can see Roman losing and this ends up making Reigns turn on Seth like I'm hearing. That's how I'd play it out.)

Kickoff Pre-show: 6th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Colin Jost and Michael Che of SNL, Braun Strowman, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3, TBA 
(Anyone ever see a real live murder in a wrestling ring? No seriously? why are they putting these SNL guys in with Braun because he may kill them unintentionally. This will be good for the comedy of just how stupid it will be.)

Kickoff Pre-show: 2nd Annual WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal
Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega, TBA 
(Honestly don't care.)

Kickoff Pre-show: WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy (c) 
(This match should be happening over Kurt V Corbin on the main card. Buddy Murphy is incredible these days and Nese is fun to watch.) 

DJackson10 said:
Farewell Match for WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin 
(Piss break and who cares. Kurt can barely pick someone up for an Angle slam. You couldn't have him face AJ here or Chad Gable or put one of the younger guys over rather then putting him with Boring Corbin? Really hope they sell the Ankle Lock and Corbin is injured and gets replaced by Cena here)
This match as presently constituted makes me sad. Flair got the benefit of HBK for his last WWE match. I wish they didn't do my guy like that.

Update on 2019 WWE HoF Legacy class

The following names have been confirmed for this year’s Legacy Wing, according to PWInsider: Bruiser Brody, Wahoo McDaniel, Luna Vachon, SD Jones, Professor Toru Tanaka, Primo Carnera, Madison Square Garden Network creator Joseph Cohen, former WWF President Hisashi Shinma, “Playboy” Buddy Rose.
Good to see Bruiser and Wahoo get in, even if it's a Legacy induction. #IBrokeWahoosLeg

coyote5 said:
Wait, when and how did Hawkins and Ryder get a tag title shot???
This. I have no idea when this happened but I love it. Big Ryder fan and think it would be awesome if Hawkins breaks his streak on the biggest stage of them all.

Thinking I might take a break from WWE after WrestleMania. Kill my network subscription, kill my DirectNow app that I mainly only need for USA. Not that I am upset with the product, just need an offseason every once in a while.

Best weekend.

TakeOver Predictions:

WALTER, War Raiders, Bianca Belair, Matt Riddle, Adam Cole (BAY BAY)

That last one is more want than wager. I have zero clue about the gambling odds and I don't want anyone to post them and if you do I will ignore you faster than Cornette launching into a rant on Kevin Dunn.

Per FoxSports

BREAKING NEWS During @FTFonFS1, just two days before #Wrestlemania, @TripleH reveals @FS1 is planning a weekly WWE focused studio show beginning in the Fall on Tuesday nights.

This match as presently constituted makes me sad. Flair got the benefit of HBK for his last WWE match. I wish they didn't do my guy like that.
I was watching Angle's rookie year The Invasion Storyline over the last year and you learn to appreciate going back since I saw him first at a young age just how good he was. WWE is doing him dirty here. I'd rather he just retire and not have a match at this point. 

coyote5 said:
Wait, when and how did Hawkins and Ryder get a tag title shot???
WWE.com exclusive backstage they challenged The Revival. Don't ya love WWE announcing and making decisions off of stuff hardly anyone watches? 

Hoping my boy Adam Cole wins tonight. It'd be nice for Johnny Gargano to win but there's just a personal connecting with Cole for me. Met him years ago when he cut into the business and saw many of his ROH matches in Philly live. 

If WALTER decides living in the States is ok, he could be the company's next Kane. Already such an imposing figure.

There's a ton of rumors about Undisputed being called up Sunday. They were the faction I was hearing from people.

Also found out one of my guys has an AEW source and got this piece of info today and it's about a TV deal on CW

"I just discovered today that I have an AEW source yay! So this will be my first AEW report, they will have a 2 hour show on the same time smackdown is leaving on the CW network. They will start the following Tuesday"

watching the WWE HoF Red Carpet and they got Dana Hedwig (AKA Warrior's wife) Jesus Christmas lady needs to lay off the botox!!!!

Lowlife rushes Bret Hart during his HoF speech.

Scumbag

Here's your receipt, pal
Travis Browne and Shane McMahon were the first in the ring. Brown apparently ####ed him up. Multiple people had to hold Braun back. Slate Ronda, New Day, Edge, Drake and multiple others were involved. I would've been arrested for murder if I was there. I laughed so hard at Dash giving his best cop Impersonation. If I'm Vince he's getting a pay raise and bonus. Apparently Davey Boy Smith Jr is also there even though he wrestles for NJPW in Suzuki Gun. DBS Jr is also retweeting appreciation tweets too. Should've just let Travis brown go to town on the dude and then given him to Braun. He's lucky he wasn't in Philly. The Cops and security here don't #### around. He'd be tased and getting a baton to the knees. Once saw security tackle someone trying to get on the field and one security guy laying some great MMA shots and then put the guy in an armbar. This was before we had cell phones with Video and I was only in Middle School. One of the craziest things I saw. Wish it had been on TV. Props to all who helped hear though. Such disrespect. 

Davey Boy Smith Jr with the Tackle and Travis Brown giving scumbag a receipt

Credit Travis Browne for the ground and pound on the jagoff. Davey Boy Smith, Jr. was in there too  

Plus, get a load of Rockstar Spud jumping in looking for a piece. 
Dude don't mess with Spud. I've heard some stories about him. Don't let his size fool you. 

Users who are viewing this thread