What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Anyone in the Minneapolis area taking in Wrestlepalooza this weekend? I'm going to night #2 tonight. Best wrestling nights of the year in the Twin Cities. Joey Ryan, Colt Cabana, Orange Cassidy and others.
Quick Wrestlepalooza night #2 thoughts:

- Saw Priscilla Kelly wrestle for the first time - I'm now a fan. She had a fun spot with Orange Cassidy during a fatal four way - https://twitter.com/ZushiAF/status/1213657277825245184.

- Orange Cassidy is fun. The first time I had ever seen him was in an AEW battle royal (the one where Billy Gunn was ruining everyone's bits, including OC). There are all flavors of wrestling and I appreciate performers who are willing to be different. Even better when audiences embrace their schtick. The athleticism required to do this WITH HANDS IN POCKETS (especially the kip up at the end) is off the charts - https://twitter.com/ZushiAF/status/1213329753136123904.

- Colt Cabana seems like a pretty good guy for wrestling. I've seen him a few times now and he seems like an ambassador for the biz. Sells well, looks like he's having fun and seems to lift up performers around him. No idea if he's always that way, but that's what I've seen.

- Joey Ryan's gimmick is hilarious. His look is absolutely perfect for the character he plays. I'm wondering - does he have little pockets inside his trunks where he hides his lollipops, or are they really just floating around in there with his junk? I'm not sure I want to know the answer. All I know is he had the crowd behind his schtick (and his stick) more than anyone on night #2. Absolutely hilarious to see in person - I love the crowd reactions in this picture from night #1 -  https://twitter.com/nardofx/status/1213503914315833344/photo/4 (enlarge the bottom right picture).

- There is a local guy named Darin Corbin (been around longer than the WWE Corbin) who gets X-PAC level heat and it's awesome. Great entertainer - totally embraces being heel. Awesome shot of him with Jake Manning (who has a tremendous adult boy scout gimmick, complete with tent) - https://twitter.com/photosbymanning/status/1213304601207877632/photo/1.

- Fun tag match closed the night with two local favorites going over The North (current Impact tag champs?).

- What truly makes Wrestlepalooza awesome is the crowd. Totally into it from start to finish. They boo the heels - they cheer the faces. They are simply there to have fun and the energy transfers to the wrestlers, you can just tell. Aside from the random Bro-Dudes who decide to be commentators in the crowd, the fans are awesome and a big reason this event continues to be "can't miss" in the Twin Cities. 

@JB Breakfast Club No idea how this will play out with Super Thunder Frog. I'm sure they can do something smart with it, but what a sudden end to the gimmick if it's the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very disturbing stuff is coming out about Rory Gulak. I won't post the tweets from a girl I follow on here as some clown might report and get me suspended. I'd link to her page but it's locked right now and can only be followed if you already follow her and back it's locked now. I'll just point out he talked about beastality through consensual snap chats and the convos got really weird she felt uncomfortable and stopped after he talked about banging her while pregnant and mounting her like he was a dog. He also talked about doing the dirty with her in front of the child when older among other disturbing stuff. One girl asked if he ever got to Daddy daughter scenario and said she was lucky as #### got really disturbing after that. 

Rory is WWE's Drew Gulak's brother. Their parents own a pizzeria in Philly and he was fired and cops were called 2 weeks ago from his job in Philly and Police were brought in. There's claims there are charges of beastality as well 

I found an article about Chikari getting rid of Gulak plus the twitter users thread is in this article about her accusations

Rory Gulak removed from Chikara and other Indy Wrestling companies amid sexual assault charges

Gulak fired over allegations

Apparently women were not the only ones. There are also male victims. One Victim when they told others both guys and girls said he's always been like that and this has been going on for a very long time 

Just for the record I met Rory once and that was at a CZW show years ago when Drew wrestled for them. I know Drew through a Coworker who I attend CZW shows with and knew some of the wrestlers and wanted me to meet Drew. We don't keep personal contact with one another but if the guy saw me at the show he'd know my name and get in a brief convo after the show if we passed each other by. The only time I met Rory was with Drew and honestly nothing ever came across as weird. He seemed very friendly with us as well. This was maybe 8-10 yrs ago I first met Drew and seen him a few times and his brother came along to the show. I feel really bad for Drew and his family right now having to go through this and hope they pull through. The sad thing is theres more predators in wrestling who are hiding and more people need to start speaking out. 

Can confirm as of right now Brock Lesnar's wrestle mania Opponent will be Keith Lee. As always card subject to change but that's the plan as of now 

Jerhico's best moment from last night.

This car is worth $750,000.

That's more money than all of you here, make combined.

Heel Jerhico is always the best Jerhico.

:wub:  
Speaking of which, I just got around to listening to his podcast with Vince Russo.  If I hear "bro" from anyone else today, I may punch someone.

* cue some jagoff quoting this to say BRO *

Not sure who hasn't or has seen New Years Dash from NJPW this past Monday but how they did the Liger ceremony retirement is how WWE needs to retire wrestlers. The way Liger and them went about it is how it should be done. Liger didn't steal a spot from any younger wrestlers and his feuds he had or guys he wrestled made sense. Lost both his WK matches as well. I  think I lost it when I saw Tanahashi in tears during the ceremony when Liger's wife and son were out there. I never started to really fully appreciated this amazing talent until a few yrs ago. Gonna be worse when Muta finally calls it quits 

Io SHirari is apparently unhappy in WWE according to Wrestling Observer. WWE is offering her a main roster spot on either RAW/SMACKDOWN given more money is involved but doesn't think she's about the money. SHe's apparently engaged to Evil from NJPW and may just go back to Japan when her contract is finally up. No one knows her contract details or when it's up though. 

Not sure who hasn't or has seen New Years Dash from NJPW this past Monday but how they did the Liger ceremony retirement is how WWE needs to retire wrestlers. The way Liger and them went about it is how it should be done. Liger didn't steal a spot from any younger wrestlers and his feuds he had or guys he wrestled made sense. Lost both his WK matches as well. I  think I lost it when I saw Tanahashi in tears during the ceremony when Liger's wife and son were out there. I never started to really fully appreciated this amazing talent until a few yrs ago. Gonna be worse when Muta finally calls it quits 
Muta vs Sting back in the late 80s and early 90s (I think) were some great matches.

Muta vs Sting back in the late 80s and early 90s (I think) were some great matches.
They have the whole Liger (When he debuts Kishen) Vs Great Muta match on Youtube. Most of my Muta/Liger experience was either in ECW/WCW (ECW and Heyman was the first to bring in Japanese talent and ECW extreme stuff came from Heyman's experience in Japan with their death matches). I've seen their matches but they don't have the SuperShow on the Network 

They have the whole Liger (When he debuts Kishen) Vs Great Muta match on Youtube. Most of my Muta/Liger experience was either in ECW/WCW (ECW and Heyman was the first to bring in Japanese talent and ECW extreme stuff came from Heyman's experience in Japan with their death matches). I've seen their matches but they don't have the SuperShow on the Network 
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuroresuRevolution/comments/51abz4/sting_vs_the_great_muta_wcwnjpw_supershow_1991/

I'm 31 and back in the 90s it was the only way my friends and I knew who the hell was who who would come in to WWF/ECW/WCW etc. WWF was my first experience of Muchinoku 
I remember getting one of the earlier "Super J" tournament tapes and it blowing my mind with how great the wrestlers were.

Sonya Deville asked for her release New Years Eve she's unhappy in WWE and it all stems from the WWE Wedding Angle. Deville is openly Gay and felt insulted by the angle 

NJPW and AEW were said to be working on a partnership deal and trying to hammer one out by WK but a deal has yet to take place. Sounds like there could be a partnership eventually. She isn't being granted her release and hope to smooth things over

Marty Scrull has been offered WWE Main ROster type $$$ to stay with ROH. However Impact is said to be interested and want him t sign by their PPV Sunday. WWE is also in the running

Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer that Matt Hardy's contract ends march 1. rumor has it according to Meltzer Matt could use his Delete Character and go to AEW and be the new leader of The Dark Order. Matt's gimmick fits in well with the stable and would give them reputability with fans and company. 

Scrull is apparently really close to resigning with ROH the deal is big money and only work 40 dates. The deal would allow him to work NWA/ROH and NJPW and possible depending on deals by NJPW AEW as well. 

:lol: What did you say to him? He always seemed like the dbaggy know it all type.
Big time WWE ### kisser too. I commented on Becky's status about Figthfulwrestling article quoting Meltzer Lynch signed a $1M contract some time last year and she retweeted commented absolutely not true. I tweeted her with "Consider the source its Sean Ross Sapp he's a clown who wrestlers should stay away from." I'll admit he didn't write the article but someone in his company did. He tweets me "Nice try Homeboy" so I tweeted him stop trying to act black you aren't cool. I can't remember what else he said but I basically said yeah you may not have written the article (My bad) but it's from your company and quoting anything Meltzer WWE related isn't a good look these days unless it's a small little thing. He's lost most of his big sources and guessing at this point. By reporting his comments and not calling out his bull#### you are just enabling him more. I woke up today to see any alerts dude had me blocked. Then a guy who I follow who is a fan of same wrestling podcast I listen to jumped in last night riding SRS Shaft and swinging from his balls. This dude use to call into the podcast constantly be on there for 30 mins with his monatone voice complaining about Sanity. It got to the point it was so competitive and I went to the co host asking if we could give the guy a bit less time as many fans aren't happy but didn't want to say anything. Either way I tweeted a few things to him and said I cared about this because it's beyond time we start holding journalist in general for accountability when wrong as they are right. We just can't accept a whoops my bad because we know it's bull#### you just wanted to be the FIRST TO REPORT IT instead of being right on the info. He blocked me too after spamming comments at me then blocking me like a coward before I could respond. Maybe he should be more concerned with Sanity than my issue with Sapp. Oh wait he can't. 

Another guy tweeted this which I liked which I'm sure Sapp got butthurt on.

"As long as he has a scapegoat for when a story becomes untrue or invalid, he'll "report" anything. If this Meltzer Tweet was proven true, SRS is the first to let you know "I HELPED BREAK THAT!"

:lol: What did you say to him? He always seemed like the dbaggy know it all type.
Also I'm shocked I hadn't been blocked sooner. I would make some smart ### comments to him "similar to how he'd attack those who don't agree with him" with a one liner or so. I really wanted to earn my block from this clown but as I figured he's a fraud and coward who has to get the last word in before he blocks ya

Tessa Blanchard sent a tweet about When in Wrestling supporting one another. Well the tweet didn't age well. Multiple women wrestlers are now accusing her of dropping racial slurs and spit on black people, Isla Dawn called her out for bullying her and trying to black ball her from other companies and spreading nasty rumors about her, Chelsea Green (Zach Ryders fiancee) accursed her of belittling and bullying co workers including her, and then best Wrestler in the world Fiancee Priscilla Kelly had this gem 

"Remember publicly putting me down on twitter last year for something that didn’t involve you whatsoever, then continuing to drag my name to other people for it? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. You should probably delete this tweet."

Big Swole then confirmed Sienna's tweet about using a racial slur and spitting on a black wrestler. Rebel who worked in TNA also confirmed this, AEW's Shanna then claims theres even worse stuff she did in Japan,

If you're going to troll Sean Ross Sapp, please ask him where the site he works for Youtube content went?? :lol:    (Youtube zapped all their content for copyright)

Normally I'd feel bad if a site had 4 years of content completely removed from Youtube. But here? Nah.

Homeboy.

Sean actually used to be decent when he left the schtick at the door. I think the trolls really rile him up on social media and he feels the need to respond to everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to troll Sean Ross Sapp, please ask him where the site he works for Youtube content went?? :lol:    (Youtube zapped all their content for copyright)

Normally I'd feel bad if a site had 4 years of content completely removed from Youtube. But here? Nah.

Homeboy.

Sean actually used to be decent when he left the schtick at the door. I think the trolls really rile him up on social media and he feels the need to respond to everything. 
I'm already blocked from him. Yeah I know another person in the business who I said Sapp blocked me and he just shook his head. I told the guy I mean would you trust a guy who looked like he walked out of a time machine looking like a 1960s hippie ready to preach No War Just Piece because I wouldn't. And the dude never sees a topic he doesn't like that if he or his company has it right, will stop at every chance to let you know he or his company broke that story. My guy called him a little HS girl. I think I caught SRS at the tail end of his good stuff. However he's gotten worse. He's that guy who acts like he knows everything but really doesn't. I told him no one likes a WWE Kiss ### not even the people in WWE but my Source in the Company just wanted to let him know WWE appreciates your continued support of such a crappy product but it still aint getting you a job there. 

All these clowns kissing WWE's ### think it will get them a job within the company. The only reason Satin got hired is they know he'll yes them to death and won't do anything out of line. They also love hiring former Hollywood types (AKA half or most of the creative team) so Ryan fits in perfectly. WWE hates the kiss ### types because it makes them look desperate and they know they are only doing it for clout or get a job. I had a friend who constructively criticized a company he now works for.His boss told him what separated him from the rest of candidates was they liked how he spoke his mind and said what he didn't and did like about the company without trying to sugar coat it to get on their good side. WWE is the same way and in an interview Cody gave he said he appreciated people more who didn't try to act like their best friend and critique the product more. He found those who kissed ### seemed too desperate 

This is a real bummer if true. Huge Tessa fan, but can't condone that behavior.

IMPACT did put the World Title on her last night, so either they don't care, or they know something the rest of us do not.
I would say that it was the plan regardless.

I'm disappointed in her actions.  IMO she needs to be accountable for her actions.  To my mind, there's no doubt that the allegations are true.

I would say that it was the plan regardless.

I'm disappointed in her actions.  IMO she needs to be accountable for her actions.  To my mind, there's no doubt that the allegations are true.
It would make sense with her facing more guys instead of women. If she has been a bully (not to mention racist), the number of women that want to wrestle her shrinks to zero.

Users who are viewing this thread