What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Miro says Mark Carrano who is the Talent Relations guy leaked that he wanted to leave 2 yrs ago. Numerous others have said when they wanted to leave the leak came out in minutes. Miro says Mark Carrano is probably leaking 

Miro also says there's no one to talk to. No one can get a meeting with Vince, writing staff or others 

Cash and Dax said they had talked to Carrano about something as well and then 30 minutes later the whole locker room is texting them. There's a theory that Mark Carrano has been leaking stuff to the dirt sheets for the last few yrs. 

@hagmania is slacking on the breaking NJPW news here. 

NJPW announced earlier this week President and CEO of NJPW Harold Meij would be leaving the company next month. Takami Ohbari, current CEO of NJPW of America, is set to take his place. Financial reasons of not getting $200M losing American TV deals, lack of American expansion,  losing Wrestlers like Young Bucks and Kenny are reasons for resigning. It's believed if NJPW made a partnership with IMPACT NJPW would've stayed on AXXESS TV as Impact parent company Anthem bought majority shares.

Meji brought mainstream attention to the brand but some felt too much attention was put on him and not the overall company and had his own little fan club that apparently bothered some and boggled some how an outsider could run NJPW (Japanese are very protective of their cultures and businesses in this sense). 

Ryback's good buddy Dave Meltzer is reporting that losing American talents like the Bucks and Omega plus others hurt and his bad relationship with AEW. No one knows how the new changes will effect a relationship with AEW moving forward. Per a few sources of mine AEW would like to work with NJPW and possible have NJPW wrestlers on their shows such as guys going on excursion in AEW (Similar to Evil as Watanabe and others in ROH over the yrs) and defending both brands belts (Mostly tag and lower tier belts like US Title) in the states on AEW shows. I mentioned awhile back how AEW and NJPW didn't have a good relationship and part of that was how Moxley was portrayed with the US Title. I also said my source said it was mostly on the Young Bucks AEW end of blame for poor relationship but both companies played a part. I don't know if Meij was a part of those convos or Ohbari was however. I was never given specifics of what the issues were but trying to confirm it with other sources they said what I had was already right. Not sure if anyone will have more info on this. A lot of what Meltzer said is speculation and as always I'm sure on the next Observer he will take a different side to have all sides cover so it looks like he was right when the real reasons come out. Right now the reasons of Meij resignation is is just speculative at this. 

Harold Meij resignation from King of Sports New Japan Wrestling. Replacement already named and will be taking over next month

Guy is going off the deep end with his trademark battle with WWE.

WWE will bleed this guy dry and he's not likely to win. And he knows.

Guy is a legend in his own mind. Short run in WWE and hasn't been involved with wrestling in what 4-5 years now?

I use to post on the old Rajah.com wrestling board way back in the day. Guess who also posted there and begged for Tough Enough votes? Ryan Reeves/Ryback :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE to take over wrestler's twitch accounts in four weeks time.  

Today is also the deadline to cease all unauthorized third party accounts under penalty of fines, suspension, termination, or being relegated to Main Event /205 Live.

ETA: I wonder who will push the boundaries on this? It has to be a major star who's not a total company tool like the Undertaker.  Someone like Breezango would be fired in a millisecond, but Alexa Bliss/AJ Styles/Mandy Rose wouldn't see much more than a slap on the wrist.

Today is also the deadline to cease all unauthorized third party accounts under penalty of fines, suspension, termination, or being relegated to Main Event /205 Live.

ETA: I wonder who will push the boundaries on this? It has to be a major star who's not a total company tool like the Undertaker.  Someone like Breezango would be fired in a millisecond, but Alexa Bliss/AJ Styles/Mandy Rose wouldn't see much more than a slap on the wrist.
Xavier Woods has the be the number one draft pick to push back against this. Largest, most active twitch account among the WWE.

WWE will own those accounts, however talent will receive a percentage of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.
So this would be like a normal guy working his 8-5 and then his day job taking his late night Uber cash and giving him some, but what that guy gets, counts against his day time salary. I get that WWE owns likenesses and these superstars would be as popular without the WWE Engine behind them, and all that. But this is borderline theft. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Guy is going off the deep end with his trademark battle with WWE.

WWE will bleed this guy dry and he's not likely to win. And he knows.

Guy is a legend in his own mind. Short run in WWE and hasn't been involved with wrestling in what 4-5 years now?

I use to post on the old Rajah.com wrestling board way back in the day. Guess who also posted there and begged for Tough Enough votes? Ryan Reeves/Ryback :lol:  
Yeah dude is a complete fraud. There's a lot of stuff I heard about him in WWE. Every Indy show I attend if I know anyone who runs the promotion I usually talk to them and get their thoughts on Talent. Everywhere I go Ryback gets the same response or reaction. He's a fraud, He's a clown, over my dead body he works here, etc etc. Dude posts about staying positive but then goes off on his podcast or on twitter hoping so and so dies and other hypocritical things that are not about positivity at all. He's literal a no name cyber bully trying to stay relevant. Punk exposed him on the Podcast tell all with Colt but it took a few more yrs before others started to believe him and realize what a fake Ryback is. His supplementary pills are just sugar pills and it's a total scam

Tom Servo said:

People like AJ Styles who own their names aren't effected. When WWE tried to take over Twitter accounts there was a push back and determined that guys like Samoa Joe, Sting, AJ Styles etc who owned the rights to their own name and image didn't have to do a thing WWE told them too. In this case AJ's twitch account is safe. I could see Paige pushing back. She makes enough on twitch per year from subs and donations she could try and buyout her contract. UpUpDownDown won't be effected either as it falls into some weird category 

ShamrockPride said:
Why do we still have PPVs based around gimmick matches?
I like it in a sense but WWE doesn't even do the gimmicks as much. Survivor Series use to be all elimination tag matches or triple threat eliminations. Extreme Rules/One Night Stand use to be at least some type of Hardcore match every match. I do miss Cyber Tuesday/Sunday. However most of these Gimmick PPV's now don't even stay true to the gimmick match it is anymore 

Tony Jabroni said:
Jey Uso is extremely impressive. 
I've been saying that for yrs and people wouldn't believe me. The USO's might be the most underrated Tag Team in the world. If they went elsewhere they'd be up there in popularity with The Young Bucks 

Ok Maybe I was wrong about Xavier woods 

From very good sources, Xavier woods has requested his release from wwe following the debacle over twitch and cameo revenue. He has since changed his handle to his real name. Paige has changed it from Paige to Saraya but not the handle.

SARAYA

@RealPaigeWWE

·

7h

Twitch is MY place what I built with my wonderful fans. A place where people can go and feel some positivity and little bit of normalcy. Fun. Interactive. Non judgemental. Charitable place. I’m proud of what I built with my fan base.

Usos and Roman had some problem. Same creative. Same look. Same lines. Same schtick. Over and over and over. For so many years.

And they finally changed them up. Heel Roman's the best thing in wrestling right now. Heard it best from someone else: 'That it took over 5 years for this to happen just shows how out of touch McMahon is. And Reigns isnt the one that tells McMahon he wanted to come back as heel, we're probably at the cheesy John Cena 2.0 version of Reigns.

Even the crowd ####ting on The Rock with Reigns couldn't get McMahon to realize it was time to turn him. JMO I wouldn't be surprised if something came out with a mental/physical illness with McMahon. Realize he's 75 but the guy doesn't look well. I feel bad when he's shown on camera these days. Arguably the greatest villan in wrestling history heading such an awful awful product now.

Usos and Roman had some problem. Same creative. Same look. Same lines. Same schtick. Over and over and over. For so many years.

And they finally changed them up. Heel Roman's the best thing in wrestling right now. Heard it best from someone else: 'That it took over 5 years for this to happen just shows how out of touch McMahon is. And Reigns isnt the one that tells McMahon he wanted to come back as heel, we're probably at the cheesy John Cena 2.0 version of Reigns.

Even the crowd ####ting on The Rock with Reigns couldn't get McMahon to realize it was time to turn him. JMO I wouldn't be surprised if something came out with a mental/physical illness with McMahon. Realize he's 75 but the guy doesn't look well. I feel bad when he's shown on camera these days. Arguably the greatest villan in wrestling history heading such an awful awful product now.
It’s like everything CM Punk said was true...

Scumbag Joey Ryan files multi-million dollar lawsuit against his Speaking Out accusers.

As to all of the defendants’ conduct above and below described, specifically since defendants have published their statements on social networking sites, Plaintiff has

Lost followers on his Twitter account of at least 11,000 followers and is no longer getting 1,000 followers per month as Plaintiff was prior to defendant’s statements;

Lost followers on his Instagram account at least 8,000 followers and is no longer getting 1,000 followers per month as Plaintiff was prior to defendant’s statements;

Lost venues for his Bar Wrestling promotions, including Bootleg Theatre in Los Angeles, American Legion Hall in Baldwin Park and Glass House in Pomona;

Lost revenues from Bar Wrestling in the amount of $1,500.00 per month from distribution and streaming services and $2,000.00 per event with two events per month;

Lost revenues from merchandising in the amount of $1,000.00 per month;

Lost revenues in his Patreon account in the amount of $3,000.00 per month;

Lost revenues in his Cameo account in the amount of $500.00 per month;

Lost revenues from Twitch account in the amount of $1,000.00 per month plus subscription shares and tips from subscribers;

Lost revenues from Wrestling Performance Bookings of $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 per month.

NWA rolls over Zicky Dice's contract, grants release to Royce Isaacs

NWA seemed to change their mind on a name who was well on his way out of the company. Earlier this year, NWA told roster members that if they didn't believe in the company's vision, they'd be able to gain their releases. Zicky Dice asked for his release, but was informed recently that NWA has exercised his roll-over. As of now, Zicky Dice is still the NWA TV Champion, and is contracted through the end of 2020.

In regards to Royce Isaacs, things worked out a lot better for another NWA name, than Zicky Dice. Although Zicky Dice wasn't granted his release, Fightful has learned that former NWA World Tag Team Champion Royce Isaacs asked for and was granted his release from the National Wrestling Alliance, but as it turns out it was after his deal had expired. NWA could have chosen to roll over the contract, the same as Dice's, but didn't do that. Those we spoke to said Isaacs was well liked within NWA and trusted in a variety of spots on the card, but that NWA contracts were for "relatively no money." Several we spoke to with knowledge of the situation said he'd be better off just not being under contract in the event an opportunity arises.

Two of the accusers are Will Osprey's GF Prisicilla Kelly and Kip Sabian's fiancee and Philly native Penelope Cruz. The Dude lied about going to rehab for his addiction too. 

And BTW Ryan lost his social media accounts after he ran like the coward he is. He got deservedly basted by numerious wrestling fans, promotions and fellow wrestlers. There was a lot of of I'm not surprised comments in there. I believe a friend of Joey's also said Ryan had said he went to Sex Addict rehab but when he checked with the rehab place Joey Told him including all the alias' that he uses the search came up short. 

The money on some of those NWA came out awhile back. Were so low it just showed how desperate/naive some of these guys are for signing them. 

They could make more working full shift at McDonald's in many places than what were being paid. 

Really just quite sad TBH. There's zero reason for majority of them not to hand over any exclusivity.

The money on some of those NWA came out awhile back. Were so low it just showed how desperate/naive some of these guys are for signing them. 

They could make more working full shift at McDonald's in many places than what were being paid. 

Really just quite sad TBH. There's zero reason for majority of them not to hand over any exclusivity.
From Thunder Rosa, she made 4k per YEAR working Lucha Underground.

From Thunder Rosa, she made 4k per YEAR working Lucha Underground.
:lol: I'm surprised it's that much. I remember a few were offered $100-$250/mo :lol:

@djackson10 buddy SRS reported it awhile back and was posted here. Believe it was Zicky Dice and maybe Starks? They didn't have any chance of keeping Starks anyway imo. Too much all around potential that someone wouldn't offer him better deal

Just felt bad how desperate and naive 20-30 somethings could be.

Nice touch renaming the PC the Capitol Wrestling Center - a throwback to the proto-WWWF DC area wrestling scene.  I also love how they gave it a Fight Club type look.

Got sucked into the NXT PPV last night.

Disclaimer, I haven't watched NXT in months. Barely know who Damien Priest is, have barely seen KUSHIDA wrestle, thought Velveteen Dream was in real-life trouble, couldn't point out Santos Escobar in a room with three people, and have zero clue who the guy is that dumped Adam Cole on the floor.

That said, best PPV of the year so far. Every match told a great story, Balor and KOR can fight forever, Johnny Gargano did his best HBK impersonation and he still might not have been the best wrestler in his family last night, and I badly badly want to see Swerve Scott get a run on the main roster. 

Chris Jericho with a new book coming out.

AEW star Chris Jericho is set to release a new book titled The Complete List of Jericho, which documents his 2,725 matches over the last 30 years including Top 10 lists of his favorite opponents, matches, and arenas from across the world.

Jericho's 2,725th career match will happen this week on AEW Dynamite, when AEW will be celebrating his 30-year anniversary in the pro wrestling business. Jericho's first-ever match happened on October 2, 1990, when he faced Lance Storm at the Moose Hall in Ponoka, Alberta.

Bogart said:
Got sucked into the NXT PPV last night.

Disclaimer, I haven't watched NXT in months. Barely know who Damien Priest is, have barely seen KUSHIDA wrestle, thought Velveteen Dream was in real-life trouble, couldn't point out Santos Escobar in a room with three people, and have zero clue who the guy is that dumped Adam Cole on the floor.

That said, best PPV of the year so far. Every match told a great story, Balor and KOR can fight forever, Johnny Gargano did his best HBK impersonation and he still might not have been the best wrestler in his family last night, and I badly badly want to see Swerve Scott get a run on the main roster. 
Priest is Punishment Martinez from ROH. KUSHIDA was a really good wrestler in NJPW one of the big time Juniorweights. Dream WWE has yet to give us an explanation on if charges were dropped or he was innocent. Triple H came out saying his rough year was do to Dream's immaturity. I got no idea who Escobar s either. I didn't watch last night given the Eagles were on. Will maybe watch it after the MNF game or sometime tomorrow but honestly with G1 to catch up on NXTPPV is low on my list right now. A few yrs ago if you told me that I'd call BS. 

Per sources: Ronda Rousey is coming back and coming to Smackdown. She’s expected to challenge In January for the Title. She will be in fact be part of the 5 on 5 traditional survivor series match

Priest is Punishment Martinez from ROH. KUSHIDA was a really good wrestler in NJPW one of the big time Juniorweights. Dream WWE has yet to give us an explanation on if charges were dropped or he was innocent. Triple H came out saying his rough year was do to Dream's immaturity. I got no idea who Escobar s either. I didn't watch last night given the Eagles were on. Will maybe watch it after the MNF game or sometime tomorrow but honestly with G1 to catch up on NXTPPV is low on my list right now. A few yrs ago if you told me that I'd call BS. 
Kushida was one of the Timesplitters with Alex Shelley.

She’s given up on starting a family? Guess that’s something else Becky beat her at. 
Karma maybe? She was all against domestic violence and then married Travis Browne who in MMA world had one of the more publicized DV cases in company. 

Per sources: Ronda Rousey is coming back and coming to Smackdown. She’s expected to challenge In January for the Title. She will be in fact be part of the 5 on 5 traditional survivor series match
I'll be honest, I'm good with her staying away. Once Becky and Charlotte come back, the division will already be bloated with talent. 

Something positive came out of the Kung Fu Flu

WWE reportedly had plans for heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury vs. WWE Champion Drew McIntyre earlier this year.

It was reported today by Inside The Ropes that WWE wanted Fury vs. McIntyre, for the WWE Title, to headline a UK pay-per-view earlier this year, but the COVID-19 pandemic nixed those plans. It's unknown if WWE was going to create a new pay-per-view for the UK, or if one of the regular events would have been moved to the UK.

WWE reportedly wanted to capitalize on McIntyre becoming their first-ever British world champion, and the hunger of the UK fanbase for a big pay-per-view event. It was also said that WWE felt like putting McIntyre against a boxing star with mainstream appeal would help elevate him.
How does a match like this elevate McIntyre?  Spoiler: It doesn't.  You can't have him lose the belt to a non-wrestler and I guarantee Fury isn't doing the honors.  So, you end up with some shmoz finish that everyone will crap on.

Just watched clip of Ali with Retribution.

Thought he did a FANTASTIC job. Great presence, took his time, AND DIDNT OVERACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley/Johnny Good/Johnny B Badd.

Something positive came out of the Kung Fu Flu

How does a match like this elevate McIntyre?  Spoiler: It doesn't.  You can't have him lose the belt to a non-wrestler and I guarantee Fury isn't doing the honors.  So, you end up with some shmoz finish that everyone will crap on.
Thank Christ it was probably for the Ireland UK Takeover. I don't get why Vince loves these things. Fury doesn't do a dam thing to draw ratings. I tell the WWE Marks who like this all the time no one from boxing is becoming a fan of Wrestling with this or crossing over an MMA guy. The fans of those sports are the ones who mock this for not being real, calling it fake and making fun of you for watching it. This has the opposite effect WWE wants it. More fans get interested in Boxing or MMA and say "hey this is great let me check out more of this." they do and eventually stop watching wrestling entirely. Back in the day yeah having crossovers was great but it's way over done. least we not forget how controversial Tyson Fury is in his own right on what WWE doesn't want you to know about him. 

I'll be honest, I'm good with her staying away. Once Becky and Charlotte come back, the division will already be bloated with talent. 
Me too. Becky won't be back probably until Mania if at all until the Pandemic is over. I believe she's a month or 2 away from her due date right now.

I use to love Rousey not because of just how good looking she was but for the legit badass she was in MMA and how she conducted herself. personally because it really pissed off the loyal MMA Marks a tone similar to when Brock was around. However I really liked her because of her passion and not being afraid to admit she was a huge wresting fan. WWE watered her down and somehow got the fans to even turn on her. In ring she was far better then what I originally thought she'd be but not a world beater. Now WWE just tries way too hard with her. I  blame the scripted material more then anything. I was at the show in Philly the Royal Rumble when she first came down the ramp after Asuka won the first Women's Royal Rumble. The place was the loudest I've heard in years at a wrestling event there (Only other time over the last 10-15 yrs was the Rumble Roman won and we all wanted Daniel Bryan) and everyone was a buzz after the show. Things went down hill from there making her too main event and giving her a title shot before she earned it. Something she herself told them not to do to her as she wanted to gain the lorcker room's respect. Then the fans turned on her and it went further south and when she and WWE tried to play to it, just backfired. I wasn't a huge fan of a 4 horsewomen of MMA vs 4 Horsewomen of WWE but I think a lot of people thought that was eventually what would happen. When fans realized that wasn't gonna happen thats when Rousey truly lost her momentum for good. 

Users who are viewing this thread